HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lawn Mower Repair recommendations
Posted by: needhelp ()
Date: March 19, 2012 02:52PM

Does anyone have a company or individual they can recommend to repair an older Lawn Mower? Engine is fine just need maintenance on wheels and the such. Preferably towards Centreville / Manassas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lawn Mower Repair recommendations
Date: March 19, 2012 02:59PM

What about the wheels? Buy them from an OEM part supplier and replace them yourself. About a 3 minute job per wheel (a few minutes more on the "drive" wheels).

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Zero Turn ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:12PM

Tractor Supply Company offers many in stock off the shelf mower wheel selections but do not offer mower repair service. Lawn and Leisure stores also offer wheels and parts for purchase along with full service on all mowers.

http://www.tractorsupply.com

http://www.lawn-and-leisure.com/

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:13PM

Id buy a new one...

Posted by: Gunrunner ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:45PM

If it is old enough to need new wheels it might be worn out.Every mower I've worn out had the deck fail.Never the motor.How about some more details?It can be hard to find parts for anything over 5 yrs old.

Posted by: sling blade ()
Date: March 20, 2012 09:20PM

Bill Cox.

Posted by: BG ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:31PM

When I owned a mower, I used a lawn mower repair shop on Pickett Road in Fairfax City. It was next to the post office, I'm not even sure if it's still there. They did good work, it wasn't cheap, but nothing around here is. They were always good to deal with.

Posted by: ddeede ()
Date: March 21, 2012 12:55AM

I stopped mowing and sold my mower when i found out it cost 35 a mow with edging to pay someone

Posted by: ed roebuck ()
Date: March 21, 2012 04:58AM

Does Sears still have that place out in Manassas? They sold appliances and did repairs on same. No not the one at Manassas Mall. Last time checked few years back if you brought lawnmower to Manassas location they shipped it over to the SEARS repair shop in Springfield by the mall. What?

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: March 21, 2012 05:06AM

This is pitiful, there are illegal lawn cutters out there with "Mercedes Benz" type lawn mowers and the OP has a cheap ass jimmy and wants to get it repaired. Please buy a new mower and don't let us know how cheap your ass is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: SiriusB ()
Date: April 01, 2012 04:08PM

Aldie Rentals has been running ads in Loudoun County that they now provide repair service on Lawn and Garden Equipment, to include Annual Maintenance Service and Small Engine Repairs on mowers. They also can pick up and deliver. Check out at www.AldieRentals.com/servicerepair for details. Phone # is 703-722-2121 and they are at 41111 John Mosby Highway at Aldie VA 20105 (at Lenah on Route 50). I kept the ad for when I might need their services, as that is the first time I have found such a service to be available in this area, and I expect that I may need them when the warranty runs out on mine early due to the now need to cut grass weekly or more 10 months a year due to the current "global warming?".

Posted by: OZ ()
Date: April 01, 2012 04:22PM

Carlos..er nevermind.

Posted by: Fairfax Mom ()
Date: April 01, 2012 04:31PM

I have used Caliber Lawn Repairs in Fairfax and they are the most honest and trustworthy vendor in the area. We have used them several times for tractor repair and they will not cheat you and are very reasonable. It is actually nice to be able to say something good about a vendor in Fairfax for a change!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.