HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Redskins trade for 2nd overall pick
Posted by: VA Phins Fan ()
Date: March 09, 2012 10:40PM

And will probably draft Griffen III. Poor bastard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Redskins trade for 2nd overall pick
Date: March 09, 2012 11:01PM

They traded two future first rounders. I can't blame the Redskins for making this move. They literally had no other options.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: March 09, 2012 11:12PM

Really....TWO FIRST Rounders!? Yeah..... its about time to jump ship to the Ravens. Can probably in and out of games faster at M&T Field then FedEx anyways.

Posted by: their coaches suck ()
Date: March 09, 2012 11:13PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really....TWO FIRST Rounders!? Yeah..... its about
> time to jump ship to the Ravens. Can probably in
> and out of games faster at M&T Field then FedEx
> anyways.

Two first rounders, plus at least 1 2nd rounder and theres probably more involved too.

Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: March 09, 2012 11:21PM

THREE first rounders: 12, 13, and 14 as well as this year's second round pick.

Date: March 09, 2012 11:21PM

I give up....ya know what... the glory days were so long ago they might as well not even happened.

Posted by: Roger Griffith IV ()
Date: March 09, 2012 11:23PM

KYLE SHAMAHANG IS GUD 4BALL COACH OFFENSE FUN and SLANT ROUTE thrEE yard GaIN PUNT BALL FUCKING BOZO
FERMENTED FUNK ON MIKE SHANAHAN
3 FIRST ROUNDERS FOR A DREADLOCKED TEXAN...SPELLIJUN AIUSHN IEROUGH. EWROUGH. FUCK SHIT BOZO SECOND ROUNDER TOO WHY DONT U JUST GIVE THE RAMS FEDEX ICE SENTER WHILER UR @ IS

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: March 10, 2012 06:47AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> They traded two future first rounders. I can't
> blame the Redskins for making this move. They
> literally had no other options.

It sort of reminds me of when the Saints traded all of their picks to land Ricky Williams. That didn't go so well. We will see how this one shakes out.

If the Rams play this right, they could end up with something like the Cowboys in the 90's.

Posted by: Shop Redskins.com ()
Date: March 10, 2012 07:46AM

This was a great move. Snyder will have a Jersey he can sell for years to come. The kid's name alone is a marketing goldmine. "R" "G" "3" ! You could brand energy drinks with that!

Look for a wave of marketing in the first couple of years. Those are the years that are guaranteed winners (for Snyder) as fans try to decide if RG3 is the real deal. If he turns out to be legit, then the cash will keep flowing for many more years.

Date: March 10, 2012 08:04AM

Two Words: Akili Smith

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: March 10, 2012 08:08AM

Good quarterbacks are hard to find, and this is what desperation will do to a team. I don't blame them.

Date: March 10, 2012 08:22AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Really....TWO FIRST Rounders!? Yeah..... its about
> time to jump ship to the Ravens. Can probably in
> and out of games faster at M&T Field then FedEx
> anyways.

Oh hell yeah! Take the BW Parkway/MD295. Take the South Monroe Street Exit towards Rt.1. Make a right turn on Wicomico Street. You are now in Pigtown which is a real nice little blue collar neighborhood. Back in the day there were areas that you could park on the street for free on weekends or at night and walk down West Ostend Street to either stadium but there are several industrial parking lots that open up for both baseball and football games. You can dodge a lot of traffic that way. After the game make a left on West Ostend Street and grab an after game beer at Carl's Little House on the corner of Ostend and Hamburg. A real nice little hole in the wall corner bar. To get back on 295 just go into reverse. No fuss no muss.

Posted by: Redskins Jihadist ()
Date: March 10, 2012 08:47AM

Mark Maske with The Post reported ealier this week that even if the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous People trade up for R-Griff, this does NOT mean they've given up on P-Mann.

They want Peyton so that they can *win the next 2 Super Bowls* and of course, then R-Griff can go and *win the next three*...

Date: March 10, 2012 08:50AM

Then what happens is the Skins will suck even more because they will trot out this new QB, which is history shows is 50/50 gamble ( andthe skins historically make terrible personell decicion), who will be a bust so those first rounders will probably be top 5 five picks.

They would be better off just sucking for two years and rebuild the old fashioned way.

I really think i'm done with this team until snyder sells it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 08:50AM by Hay Zeus.

Date: March 10, 2012 09:06AM

The Colts have basically released the rest of Mannings' offense...Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Joseph Addai. And Jeff Saturday's contract is coming due, so he may be gone, as well.

Seems to me a team with enough cap room could sweep in and get a Super Bowl-caliber offense for the next year or two.

Posted by: R. Tilson ()
Date: March 10, 2012 09:44AM

Another terrible move by Snyder. You need good players around a QB or he will fail. Sorry Danny Boy, you will never learn.

Posted by: sonny days behind us ()
Date: March 10, 2012 09:46AM

Snyder would pay any price to bring attention to himself. Think Deion Sanders. Its another five and eleven season ahead. So far nothing they have done will bring about the kind of change needed like SF did with Jim Harbaugh. I dont care for Harbaugh but he bought fire into a lousy team.

The Redskins have failed and will continue to fail until they operate as a team. You only need to look at the New York Giants to see what a team plays like. Shanahan is not the coach the Redskins need. Too out of touch.

Posted by: I hate snyder ()
Date: March 10, 2012 09:59AM

First on the list is get rid of those awful yellow or gold pants. They look like crap. And no more throwback uniforms for any team. burgundy pants white shirts or burgundy pants burgundy shirts.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: March 10, 2012 10:23AM

The Redskins reportedly have $47 million under the salary cap to sign free agents. They probably will have to use up 5 to 10 million of that to sign Griffin (with much of his salary deferred to later years in his contract).

Timing key to signing free agents

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/36854/timing-was-a-key-to-redskins-big-deal

Posted by: rg3 ()
Date: March 10, 2012 10:59AM

HE IS THE TRUTH

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: March 10, 2012 11:28AM

I dunno. QBs are hard to predict, could this turn out the same as the Giants trade for Eli? Or is RG the next JaMarcus Russell, Heath Shuler, Vince Young? Only time will tell.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: Why this will pay off big... ()
Date: March 10, 2012 12:07PM

...because all the FxU idiots here hate it. Desperate or not, worst owner ever or not, this is a move that had to be made and they pulled it off.

I feel like Homer Simpson when he agrees with Lisa on her contention Hans Springfield the hometown hero is really Hans Sprungfeld, the notorious pirate; "You're always right about these kinds of things and I'm getting in on the ground floor for once". In this case though I'm basing it on the notion that the majority of FFX posters are always wrong, we'll see.

Date: March 10, 2012 01:01PM

Seems to me the majority of FFXU posters thought hiring Zorn was a terrible idea, predicted Beck would flop and thought Shanny was making a big mistake coming to DC.

I agree the Skins have no choice but to bet big on RG3. That said, I'm sure this team will find a way to fuck it up, like they always do.

Date: March 10, 2012 01:23PM

The Shannahans should hold a press conference to issue a public apology for assuring RG3 wont be a star in the league.

Posted by: Mr. Forrest ()
Date: March 10, 2012 02:01PM

Big mistake...........you can't win the Super Bowl with a nigger quarterback.
Only time it happened was a fluke when Jay Schroeder got hurt and Doug Williams came in, was below average for most of the year, and had one good quarter in the Super Bowl. Other than that, it's never happened.
Speed means nothing for an NFL QB. You must be smart, accurate, and make good, split second decisions........big mistake Redskins, you gave away the store for this guy when you could have gotten a good white QB later on in the draft.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: March 10, 2012 03:46PM

When you have had 345 quarterbacks over the last decade, you gotta pull the trigger on this one. If nothing else you can say to the fans "we tried. we tried to build a team that would last for years and build around this guy, but it didn't work. Look at all of the instances throughout history where it didn't work, so we aren't alone in failing".

Date: March 10, 2012 03:58PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> When you have had 345 quarterbacks over the last
> decade, you gotta pull the trigger on this one.
> If nothing else you can say to the fans "we tried.
> we tried to build a team that would last for
> years and build around this guy, but it didn't
> work. Look at all of the instances throughout
> history where it didn't work, so we aren't alone
> in failing".

Yea or you could have sucked again and gotten Barkley next year and kept the picks. Good chance at least 1 if not both of those first rounders they gave up are a top 5 pick and both will probably be top 10 at the least.

As a chargers fan I really hope they sign Vjax and his lazy ass

Posted by: snyder is a jerk ()
Date: March 10, 2012 04:21PM

This is such a joke. Going all in on one guy. A guy who hasnt played a down in the NFL. How many other college stars enter the NFL only to flounder or fizzle out. One guy does not make the whole team winners. It starts at the head coach and so far Snyder has gotten nothing but has beens and never weres as coaches.

The Giants were picked to come in third place in the NFC East and yet won the Super Bowl. While their team had talent it was nowhere near the depth of the Packers, Ravens, Steelers and Patriots. Go for proven talent and build a whole team not just a piece of it.

Snyder is such an ass.

Posted by: Atom ()
Date: March 10, 2012 04:28PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHH
AGHHHHHHHHH

Might as well move the team to LA.

Dumbest move in Redskins history and that is saying a ton.

I'm sure those first rounders we traded a way will be high first round pics.

Posted by: Ted Williams ghost ()
Date: March 10, 2012 04:35PM

Greatest move in Washington sports since the Senators traded the entire infield for Denny McLain.

Posted by: List of QBs ()
Date: March 10, 2012 05:26PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> When you have had 345 quarterbacks over the last
> decade, you gotta pull the trigger on this one.
> If nothing else you can say to the fans "we tried.
> we tried to build a team that would last for
> years and build around this guy, but it didn't
> work. Look at all of the instances throughout
> history where it didn't work, so we aren't alone
> in failing".

Shane Matthews
Patrick Ramsey
Rex Grossman
Mark Brunell
Todd Collins
Danny Weurferel
John Beck
(Drafted) Colt Brennan, though he never did anything
Donovan McNabb (the last "Franchise" QB)
Jeff George
Tony Banks
Brad Johnson
Jason Campbell

Out of those, the only ones who have really had a decent career after Washington
were Jason Campbell and Brad Johnson. I think RG3 is going to be another JaMarcus Russell.

Posted by: Keep hope alive ()
Date: March 10, 2012 05:28PM

I’m not sold on this deal, but see that it might work. The Skins still have 7 picks this year and a lot of cap room. We should be able to draft some decent linemen, get two or three strong free agents to fill holes in the talent positions, and draft RG3. Maybe not this year, but if RG3 pans out, the Skins could be heading in the right direction. We may not need 1st rounders in 13 & 14 if we secure good free agent talent (remember, Vinnie is gone).

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: March 10, 2012 05:32PM

Random Dude Wrote:
> THREE first rounders: 12, 13, and 14 as well as
> this year's second round pick.

The Redskins traded 2 #1 picks and SWAPPED the #6 for the #2

They are "only" out 2 #1's,,,

Posted by: snyderland ()
Date: March 10, 2012 05:36PM

List of QBs Wrote:
> Out of those, the only ones who have really had a
> decent career after Washington
> were Jason Campbell and Brad Johnson. I think RG3
> is going to be another JaMarcus Russell.

And Campbell never stood a chance. The defense was on him as soon as the ball was hiked. We will never know what he could have done with a good offensive line in front of him.

Date: March 10, 2012 06:24PM

I hope he's worth a:

Ryan Kerrigan
Chris Samuels
And a
Sean Taylor

Pick your combo

Posted by: ughhghhi ()
Date: March 10, 2012 07:14PM

Atom Wrote:
> I hope he's worth a:
>
> Ryan Kerrigan
> Chris Samuels
> And a
> Sean Taylor
>
> Pick your combo

Or a Carlos Rogers, Jason Campbell, Laron Landry, Patrick Ramsey, Heath Shuler. Yeah, he's worth those first rounders.

Date: March 10, 2012 07:58PM

Shanahan did this deal to buy himself two more years. He can always blame a shitty season in 2012 on RG3's rookie season.

Posted by: skinssuxass ()
Date: March 10, 2012 08:43PM

damn they gave away the future of the team to get another black runing QB it sux ass big time There Has Never Been a successful/winning black running QB in the histry of the NFL and this guy will sux big time too whatch. that's it i'm done with the dead skins.

Date: March 11, 2012 07:30AM

The Shans aren't invested in the redskins. They'll probably be fired after another bad season, so why not mortgage the future of our team for a shot at a few more years of Snyder's cash.

If it doesn't work out for them, oh well, new city. For us, it could be another generation of bad football.

If this doesn't work we should be allowed to draw and quarter the Shans. There needs to be repercussions. This is dumber than the Tea Party.

Date: March 11, 2012 08:59AM

skinssuxass Wrote:
> damn they gave away the future of the team to get
> another black runing QB it sux ass big time There
> Has Never Been a successful/winning black running
> QB in the histry of the NFL and this guy will sux
> big time too whatch. that's it i'm done with the
> dead skins.

Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb both made it to the SuperBowl. Besides, Danny Boy is thinking about the number of Jerseys Michael Vick sold in Atlanta and Philly. That's all he is thinking about is a marquee name to sell shit to stupid fans.

Date: March 11, 2012 09:51AM

Maybe its because Vick played at Tech but as a passive NCAA Football oberserver i had never even heard of RG3 until two weeks ago and as i said in a previous threat i up until friday, i thought RG3=Rex Grossman Season 3

So i'm not really sure this guys hype is a great as Vicks.

Although the reports are RG3 is not known to have any of the character issues often associated with previous flops such as JaMarcus, Vick, Ryan Leaf or Matt Leinhart.

Posted by: skinssuxass ()
Date: March 11, 2012 02:29PM

> skinssuxass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > damn they gave away the future of the team to
> get
> > another black runing QB it sux ass big time
> There
> > Has Never Been a successful/winning black
> running
> > QB in the histry of the NFL and this guy will
> sux
> > big time too whatch. that's it i'm done with
> the
> > dead skins.
>
>
> Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb both made it to
> the SuperBowl. Besides, Danny Boy is thinking
> about the number of Jerseys Michael Vick sold in
> Atlanta and Philly. That's all he is thinking
> about is a marquee name to sell shit to stupid
> fans.

success in the NFL is not measured by how many superbowl/championship games you been to but how many superbowl winning rings you are acctully wearing/got especially in this case when you gave up the future of your team. this has the mike ditka new orleans saints trade for ricky williams writen all over it so long jew boy dead skins.

Date: March 11, 2012 02:42PM

So you are saying Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton and Sonny Jurgenson were not successful NFL QBs? That's why they are in the Hall of Fame while SuperBowl winning QBs like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Jim Plunkett aren't?

Posted by: good luck ()
Date: March 11, 2012 03:20PM

wish all of you stupid fucking skins fan's the best.
this shit is going to blow up in your face...I was a die hard skins fan, i said fuck this team a few years ago,
i could not take the bullshit anymore.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posted by: jewboyskinssux ()
Date: March 11, 2012 04:45PM

> So you are saying Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Jim
> Kelly, Fran Tarkenton and Sonny Jurgenson were not
> successful NFL QBs? That's why they are in the
> Hall of Fame while SuperBowl winning QBs like
> Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Jim Plunkett
> aren't?

the Quarterbacks you mention had great individual stats and success in the leage thats the main reason why they made the hall of fame but they all left losing teams/frinchases behind.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.