HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Falafel?
Posted by: carlosdelvaca ()
Date: March 24, 2008 03:04PM

Where can a guy get a good falafel in Fairfax County? The places I know are all in DC or Alexandria city.

(Pre-emptive: Insert Bill O'Reilly joke here.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Falafel?
Posted by: go fish ()
Date: March 25, 2008 10:59AM

I wish, but haven't found much here. There's Pitalicious in Chantilly Crossing shopping center, but it's certainly not as yummy as Amsterdam Falafel Shop.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 25, 2008 11:23AM

Amsterdam Falafel Shop is excellent. Kabob Place in Crystal City is also very good.

(I know they're not in FFX, but I seriously don't ever remember having good falafel here in Fairfax County.)

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: March 25, 2008 09:50PM

Theres Aladdins Eatery in Burke, not sure if their any good but its there.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: March 25, 2008 10:39PM

What the hell is falafel?! LOL

Posted by: acidbyt3 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 11:09PM

Falafel is a fried ball or patty made from spiced fava beans and/or chickpeas.
"falafel" is essentially the plural of the Arabic word فلفل (filfil), meaning pepper.[1]

[1] ^ “Falafel.” The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2000.

Posted by: Achiever ()
Date: March 25, 2008 11:49PM

Sorrento Grill in Herndon -- Clocktower Plaza. Also great hummus. All the food is authentic and very flavorful.

Posted by: karl ()
Date: March 26, 2008 05:44AM

Try Amphoras in vienna, on rt 123. They have that, and you can get it 24/7.

Nice joint.

Posted by: PineRidger ()
Date: March 27, 2008 03:20AM

I would recommend Lebnan Zeman on Old Courthouse Rd in Vienna/Tysons, just East of 123. The food's good, and the shisha is fresh, if you happen to share that vice.

If you need it in the middle of the night, Amphora is your best bet, as karl suggests.

Posted by: taxpayer ()
Date: March 27, 2008 07:00AM

Also in Vienna on 123 is El Nakeel - about 3 blocks towards Tysons from Amphora.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 12:42PM

The Lebanese Taverna at Tyson's and in Alexandria are great places to go for AUTHENTIC middle eastern food! El Nakeel is also good...

Posted by: pabs ()
Date: March 28, 2008 05:33AM

For the record, Lebnan Zaman is open pretty damn late. Until 3 or 4 am, I think. And their falafel is pretty damn good, too.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:56AM

I never tried their falafel, but I second the Lebnan Zaman recommendation. I get take out from there occassionally and it's always been quite good. Their kebabs and shwarma are excellent, good gyros too. The poster above is correct, it stays open real late, and it also gets very packed on Friday and Saturday nites, especially when the weather is warm and they put seating outside. Most of the clientele is middle eastern, you're likely to hear not a word of English in the joint, which is a good sign of the place's authenticity.

I lived right down the street from it when it first opened about 8-9 years ago, and if I recall correctly, the guy who started it was a chef from Lebanese Taverna (also mentioned above).

Solid recommendation, one of the best carry-out places in Tysons.

Posted by: JT ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:53PM

There is a place next to the Kingstowne Theaters that has great Falafel. I'm sorry I cannot remember the name. The Hummus is good too

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: January 05, 2009 12:09PM

I think you are refering to Moby Dick's House of Kabobs...my favorite fast stop for Middle Eastern food.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.