HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
accotink or burke too muddy?
Posted by: gottarun ()
Date: March 03, 2012 09:11AM

I need to do a long run today to get ready for a race. I had lake accotink (3x around) in mind or burke lake/mercer lake but wondered if they are too puddly/muddy. my usual runs are in the neighborhood on cement sidewalks but I wanted to give my knees a break and run on paths. if they are too muddy, any other suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: accotink or burke too muddy?
Posted by: itchy ()
Date: March 03, 2012 10:14AM

If you're near I66 & Nutley, Marshall Rd elementary school has a well drained gravel track. The gravel is fine so it offers a stable packed surface that absorbs shock.

Re: accotink or burke too muddy?
Posted by: tea leaves ()
Date: March 03, 2012 12:50PM

Likewise, good recommendation above, Fairfax HS's track is good after rainy conditions, and it also has the similar shock absorbing material, that we didn't have back in the day. Plus, well marked as well, and close parking if you go behind it on Rebel Run.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.