HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hank "The Cat" For VA US Senate
Posted by: Yes We Canz ()
Date: February 27, 2012 11:56AM

http://hankforsenate.com/Default.aspx

Friends, we live in troubled times - there's no doubting that. We hear all about friends and neighbors - people just like you and me - who are struggling to make ends meet. Unemployment has touched us all in some way, and we all suffer for it. I hear a lot of new and crazy ideas on how to fix things - spend more money, give more handouts, start new programs, and so on. What people don't realize is that we don't need some new crazy way of doing something to fix our problems. Afterall, the problems we face now have been faced by Americans since this great land was founded. Right now we need to fall back on time-tested solutions, not social theory. As I've traveled throughout the Commonwealth I've seen real people with real problems, not guinea pigs for a politician's experiments.

To make our homes and our future a better and brighter place, we don't need to start at the top - we need to start right here with ourselves. If you improve the living condition of a single home, it has a ripple effect throughout the street. Improve the street, it ripples to the neighborhood. Improve the neighborhood, it ripples to the county. Improve the county, it ripples through the state. Improve the state, it ripples to the entire nation. In each of us we have the power to improve our own lives, to improve the lives of our neighboor, our state, and our country.

I was born in Virginia, and grew up right here in Fairfax County. I'm proud to have lived my life in the homeland of George Washington, and proud to call this great state my own. Virginia has shown the kind of can-do attitude that has kept this country great. Even in times of economic downturn, our state continues to grow and thrive where others have shrunk and whithered. But I know we can't rest on our laurels and hope everything will turn out okay. Today we're beginning to struggle - if we do nothing, what will happen? I for one don't want to find out, which is why I've decided to run as for the United States Senate. I know that with our values, our strength, our undying love of this great state and this great nation, we can make our lives better - not just for us, but for generations to come.

I ask you to support me. I ask you to help. I ask you to allow me to represent you in the United States Senate.

I thank you for your support, and look forward to serving you in Washington DC.
-Hank

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hank "The Cat" For VA US Senate
Posted by: Press ()
Date: February 27, 2012 11:58AM

Springfield, VA - February 16, 2012
Hank, the nation’s first feline candidate, announces his campaign for US Senate.
Hank the Cat of Fairfax County, Virginia, recently declared his intention to seek the United States Senate seat currently held by James Webb. Webb is not seeking re-election in 2012.

In his announcement, Hank stated: “In this time of austerity, of threats to families’ livelihoods and to our civil liberties, it is essential that we choose the right leader. Our situation is too dire to risk placing this important job in the wrong paws, and that is why I have decided to run for US Senate for the great Commonwealth of Virginia. If I had to sum up my feelings for Virginia’s future, I would have to say: Meow.”

Posted by: MeowMix ()
Date: February 27, 2012 12:10PM

So another pussy wants to run for Senate. What's new?

Posted by: Tasty ()
Date: February 27, 2012 12:16PM

He has the Korean vote!

Posted by: McKitten Sandwich ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:36PM

Tasty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He has the Korean vote!

Ok, that was funny.

But why would the Koreans vote for him since he will get US Secret Service protection?

Posted by: Tasty ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:53PM

McKitten Sandwich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tasty Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He has the Korean vote!
>
> Ok, that was funny.
>
> But why would the Koreans vote for him since he
> will get US Secret Service protection?

Senators don't get secret service protection. Besides, his staff will mostly be feline.

Posted by: Got my vote ()
Date: February 27, 2012 07:43PM

Finally a candidate worth voting for. His IQ has to be higher than George Allen's.

Posted by: Hank for Senate! ()
Date: March 09, 2012 06:36AM

Feline candidate enters Virginia race for U.S. Senate (VIDEO)
Monday - 2/27/2012, 9:08am ET
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=149&sid=2762959

SPRINGFIELD, Va. - There's a new candidate running in Virginia, and to say he's finicky about his politics is an understatement.

He has a campaign ad, lawn signs, a website, Facebook page and a slogan: "Milk in every bowl."

His name is "Hank," and he is a former street cat from Springfield, Va.

"Hank" describes himself in a news release as a "proud independent with real world experience."

Rescued from euthanization by animal rescue group Animal Allies, Hank says his biggest campaign issue is low-cost spaying and neutering for the homeless animal population.

It's not clear if the campaign is a protest over the actual candidates on the ballot or a farce, because "Hank" himself is not talking. This is the same U.S. Senate race that includes former governors George Allen and Tim Kaine.

WTOP reached out to his campaign, and nobody there is talking either. But you can see Hank's first campaign ad below:

Posted by: oc ()
Date: March 09, 2012 08:00AM

Oh, sure...he'll be a great Senator until someone whips out a laser pointer and totally distracts him

Posted by: Campaign to elect Mister Mittens ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:56AM

I'm voting for the Independent, "Mister Mittens".

I'm a strong supporter of his "Spaying and Neutering Humans" legistlation. That's probably the best way to control the massive growth of humans in this area.
Attachments:
funny-cats-pictures-807.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.