HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Apple store at fair oaks mall
Posted by: thomas35 ()
Date: February 07, 2012 02:35PM

Has anyone else noticed the rude people that work at the apple store at fair oaks mall? every now and then I get a nice worker that will actually look me at me while i'm asking them a question, but most of the time I get the rude, uninterested, prick, that looks around and gives me my answer in a fashion that lets me know that they could careless. Northern virginia already has the reputation for having an arrogant and rude population and its sad to see that we just give fuel to the fire of this statement. Apple owners and managers do me a favor and please talk to your employees, they're not all bad apples but some could use some work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apple store at fair oaks mall
Posted by: Molly ()
Date: February 07, 2012 02:51PM

That's what we should expect at any establishment that hires teenagers in order to pay them a miserable salary. I am not surprised at all! not the surprising things is when you actually fine someone nice that cares about your business.

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: February 07, 2012 02:52PM

Bunch of stuck up a-holes NOVA has become to harbor.

Posted by: Apple Store ()
Date: February 07, 2012 03:01PM

I once took my IPhone in with a question an employee told he did not own one because he was too broke. Absurd.

Posted by: Hummmmm ()
Date: February 07, 2012 04:43PM

I dunno - I usually have a good experience...of course I'm in IT and sort of speak the language AND I usually pick the guy that has probably never been laid and am really nice to him ;-D

Posted by: Apple Nazi ()
Date: February 07, 2012 04:49PM

thomas35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone else noticed the rude people that work
> at the apple store at fair oaks mall? every now
> and then I get a nice worker that will actually
> look me at me while i'm asking them a question,
> but most of the time I get the rude, uninterested,
> prick, that looks around and gives me my answer in
> a fashion that lets me know that they could
> careless. Northern virginia already has the
> reputation for having an arrogant and rude
> population and its sad to see that we just give
> fuel to the fire of this statement. Apple owners
> and managers do me a favor and please talk to your
> employees, they're not all bad apples but some
> could use some work.

You are not worthy to own an Apple product.

No iPhone for you.

Posted by: alh ()
Date: February 07, 2012 05:39PM

That's how the current generation acts these days. A general attitude of aloofness and disinterest when they deal with those of another generation. The best way to interact with them is to talk a little slower and act a little bored and disinterested yourself. Don't make too much eye contact, and don't say things like please and thank you. Perhaps end the conversation with a quiet, drawn out "k, cya". The most important thing to remember is don't let on that you actually care about your problem. You have to act like you're just inquiring about whatever your issue is cause you're bored.

Don't attempt to impersonate one of them, just act like one of them enough to get the job done, so to speak...

Posted by: Hey OP ()
Date: February 07, 2012 06:12PM

Maybe you're just a dick?

I work at Fair Oaks Mall and I popped by the Apple store a few times before Christmas;
employees were decent and knew what they were talking about.
While he didn't go above and beyond in terms of service, it was in no way bad.

Posted by: Rickdotfeltdotcom ()
Date: February 07, 2012 07:31PM

Maybe it's just apple owners haughtiness?

Posted by: frieda ()
Date: February 07, 2012 07:38PM

I specifically don't go to that Apple store- they are nastier and less competent, I go all the way to Tysons to get people who know what they are doing and have a better attitude. It is mismanaged.

Posted by: Tyson's Snob ()
Date: February 07, 2012 07:53PM

Really? You are the reason Nova has a rep. Plus you are still going to an Apple store just one surrounded by traffic.

Posted by: VaginalSoreness ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:12PM

If the employees at the Apple store didn't seem interested in your problems, what makes you think that the people who visit FFX UNDERGROUND would be interested in your problems?

Complain to YELP where your concerns might be taken into consideration by people who care.

Posted by: fo ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:34PM

I learned long ago when I was settling my father's estate and had to visit at least a dozen banks----skip the niggers and foreigners and LOOK FOR THE GAY WHITE GUY.

The same goes for retail, restaurants, etc. I don't know why it is, but queers just always seem to be much more competent, knowledgeable, etc.

Date: February 07, 2012 09:02PM

thomas35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone else noticed the rude people that work
> at the apple store at fair oaks mall? every now
> and then I get a nice worker that will actually
> look me at me while i'm asking them a question,
> but most of the time I get the rude, uninterested,
> prick, that looks around and gives me my answer in
> a fashion that lets me know that they could
> careless.

This is what you get when you call a retail peon a "Genius." Same holds true when you call them a "Barista" or "Associate."

You work fucking retail. You are a stock boy or clerk. The only difference between you and the white trash mother of three working the register at K-Mart is that she knows what she is and what her future prospects are at that company. You "Geniuses, Baristas and Associates" are too fucking stupid and full of yourselves over a meaningless title to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.