HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Metro Rail to Reston/Dulles
Posted by: DoggyDaddy ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:37PM

Thank God they put an end to this!!! It would have been a disaster having DC filth able to come out to the suburbs for work. Keep Reston, Ashburn, Leesburg free from the degenerates that would otherwise be able to make it out that way.

GREAT JOB!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Metro Rail to Reston/Dulles
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:47PM

The rail project to Reston Dulles is not over by a long shot. Last I heard Albo was petitioning the VA Senate for funds and the local Commerce Dept was pissed because it was hurting a for Federal funding bills.

Lets face facts, it's going to happen. The big question is who is going to pay for it. It the tax funds don't work then I think they going the Greenway route with private investors.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:49PM

Jester is correct. Original poster is completely wrong.

Date: March 06, 2008 05:35PM

But will there be a tunnel in Tysons?

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: March 06, 2008 05:42PM

Yes, they should build the tunnel even if they don't do the Metro extension.

LOL.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 06, 2008 05:58PM

Space Ghost Coast to Coast Wrote:
>> But will there be a tunnel in Tysons?

Probably not. There are some new flyers in my neighborhood from the Tunnel folks, they are asking people to write letters to our state legislators, something about Kaine's pledge to put the kibosh on re-soliciting competitive bids. Apparently the tunnel can only happen if they solicit new proposals- and it looks like Kaine has vowed not to let that happen. So, they're asking for people to write letters to the general assembly. Will it work? Probably not. The tunnel folks have been throwing hail mary's for the past 6 months, and I doubt it will work this time either.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: March 06, 2008 06:00PM

I cant wait for the building to begin on Route 7. You thought the Pike was a nightmare now???? Wait until a Friday evening at Christmas time on Route 7 with lanes closed owing to Metro construction.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.