HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Certified letter
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:36PM

So yesterday I got a notification in the mail to get a certified letter from the post office. The letter says I gotta take an 8 hour driver improvent class (fml) for a "failure to obey traffic signal" ticket. The problem is my parents never found out about the ticket but they saw the notice that says i have a certified letter from the dmv. I need a good reason for the dmv to send me a letter so anyone please help me out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Certified letter
Posted by: MS-14 ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:39PM

Mom? Dad? I got a ticket for failure to obey a traffic signal. I didn't tell you about it when it happened and that was wrong but I am telling you now. The state is requiring me to attend this driver improvement program.

Then? Lube your anus...

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: January 24, 2012 04:06PM

Get over it and tell the truth. It's not that big a deal. You didn't get a DUI, which is probably what they're thinking you got. Take some responsibility for your actions, it'll go a long way.

Posted by: you cant hide it ()
Date: January 24, 2012 04:08PM

Not to mention if they dont believe you all they have to do is check your name on the court website and the ticket will come up or theyll ask why your insurance went up. Just fess up

Posted by: alh ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:20PM

+1

Tell your parents what's up, no point in hiding it. Hopefully the course is not just eight hours of classroom. Might actually be fun if they have a cone course set up in a parking lot. Either way, just fess up about the ticket and get the course over with...

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:33PM

One ticket necessitates driver improvement class? Really?

Posted by: alh ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:44PM

Warhawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One ticket necessitates driver improvement class?
> Really?

Yeah, if you're under 18.

Posted by: mighte be longer ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:56PM

alh Wrote:
> Warhawk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > One ticket necessitates driver improvement
> class?
> > Really?
>
>
> Yeah, if you're under 18.

It might be 21 now actually. It sucks being a new driver now a days. I remember getting a ticket when I was a teen and when I said why at drivers ed everyone laughed at me thinking I was joking since they were all there for reckless driving and duis

Posted by: experience ()
Date: January 24, 2012 08:37PM

Build it up as if it's worse, then tell what happened. They'll be relieved it wasn't as bad as what they were thinking.

Posted by: don't sign ()
Date: January 24, 2012 09:03PM

Never sign for e registered letter from DMV. Registered letters usually are suspension orders, or like yours, something that will result in a suspension if you don't comply.

They use registered letters so they can prove in court that you knew you were suspended. In other works, if you get busted for driving on a suspended license AND you signed for the letter-----GUILTY!

If you're on their insurance, you better tell mummy and daddy. Insurance companies check driving records before they renew the policy. Especially if stupid fucking kids are on the policy. In other words, your folks are going to find out anyway.

Posted by: say ()
Date: January 24, 2012 09:10PM

don't sign Wrote:
> If you're on their insurance, you better tell
> mummy and daddy. Insurance companies check
> driving records before they renew the policy.
> Especially if stupid fucking kids are on the
> policy. In other words, your folks are going to
> find out anyway.

LOL, that's the damned truth!

It used to be worse. Insurance companys used to send a questionaire with renewals. One of the questions was if anybody on the policy had gotten a ticket since the last renewal. I got a speeding ticket when I was 16 and didn't tell my parents. So they checked no tickets on the questionaire. Insurance company canceled the policy for "false statements"!

My old man kicked my ass two blocks down the fucking street!

Posted by: Oprah's twin ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:25PM

I just went to the post office to pick up my certified letter from DMV.

The letter will tell you that you have 90 days to sign up for an 8 hour driver improvement class. If you fail to do so before April 10th, your lic. will be suspended. Then you will have some type of waiver on your Insurance policy and it will cost you at least $175. to retake your driving test.

> Never sign for e registered letter from DMV.
> Registered letters usually are suspension orders,
> or like yours, something that will result in a
> suspension if you don't comply.
>
> They use registered letters so they can prove in
> court that you knew you were suspended. In other
> works, if you get busted for driving on a
> suspended license AND you signed for the
> letter-----GUILTY!
>
> If you're on their insurance, you better tell
> mummy and daddy. Insurance companies check
> driving records before they renew the policy.
> Especially if stupid fucking kids are on the
> policy. In other words, your folks are going to
> find out anyway.

Posted by: Johnny Rotton ()
Date: January 24, 2012 11:44PM

Tell them that you are receiving funds from Nigeria and that a rich guy needs your help to get his fortune out of that country. It'll totally work.

Posted by: lolyer ()
Date: January 25, 2012 12:39AM

just man up and take responsibility for your actions. Driver improvement class will help you avoid points against ur L's and will obviously keep ur parents insurance low (assuming you are on their policy)

Posted by: Grow ()
Date: January 25, 2012 03:39AM

Grow a pair of balls, tell the truth, and move on. Why your parents haven't smothered you in your sleep is beyond me.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 25, 2012 07:37AM

Haha thanks for all the advice I guess i'll just tell them striaght up. Wish me luck.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 25, 2012 08:27AM

Nate Wrote:
> Haha thanks for all the advice I guess i'll just
> tell them striaght up. Wish me luck.

Dude, as a parent I can tell you that I would rather hear the truth straight up. When my teenage son starts covering stuff up and it unravels (it ALWAYS unravels) I'm twice as mad and he gets hammered that much harder. You'd think he'd learn, but he hasn't. And I don't think I figured it out until I was around 21, so he's still in the learning phase.

Yeah, you may get in some trouble, but you'll be in worse trouble if you lie and get caught. Good luck.

Driver improvement class is a fucking joke. Just take it. YOu'll lose a Saturday, but it's easy.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.