HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Speed minimum is 70 in
Posted by: usernmae44 ()
Date: January 12, 2012 03:39PM

the high way. I don't think I am an aggressive driver. But I can't stand drivers that drive in the left lane going 55-65 MPH. They should be going an minimum of 70 MPH. I can't people driving in the Left lane and driving about 65 mph. SPEED UP. I WILL KEEP HOKING AND HIGH BEAMING YOU. If you want to drive 55-65 MPH use the Right line I have nothing against that expect when I WILL to exit the highway I have to deal with slow *** driver. I want the police to ticket everyone not going 70 in I495,I66, and all the other highways. I Hate Slow Drivers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Speed minimum is 70 in
Posted by: nuttyturnip ()
Date: January 12, 2012 03:52PM

You realize the speed limit is 55 on the beltway and the near parts of I66, right? I drive 70 most of the time, but you can't expect everyone to break the law.

Posted by: fordf-150 ()
Date: January 12, 2012 03:56PM

i'll fuckin' keep slown down, and then speed up when you try passing me.

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: January 12, 2012 04:12PM

Drive right - Pass left. That was what I learned a million years ago in a drivers ed class in Virginia. My husband says, "pass and get the hell over." There are some northern states that even have signs reminding you to get over after passing. I frequently drive in the left lane a little faster than the speed limit. As soon as I see a car approaching in my rear view mirror I get over. If everyone would do that driving in this area would not be so darn miserable!

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: January 12, 2012 04:44PM

I'll go about 10 over in the left lane if I'm consistently passing cars in the middle/right - no sense in weaving back and forth every 20 seconds.

However, if I see someone come up much faster on me, I quickly get over to the right.

You shouldn't be mad at anyone going 65 in the left - just those who don't move over when someone faster comes along.

Posted by: Atom ()
Date: January 12, 2012 05:51PM

And during hov hours, please treat the lane directly to the right of the hov lane as the fast lane.

I was tailgating some nerd today and he sprayed me with his windshield cleaner. Exactly what is that supposed to accomplish. Did he think that would some how incapacitate my vehicle? Loser. A real man slows way down when someone's driving to close.

And just a reminder, if you have GOP or pro life tags/stickers I will tailgate your fat ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 05:51PM by Atom.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: January 12, 2012 06:04PM

Atom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And during hov hours, please treat the lane
> directly to the right of the hov lane as the fast
> lane.
>
> I was tailgating some nerd today and he sprayed me
> with his windshield cleaner. Exactly what is that
> supposed to accomplish. Did he think that would
> some how incapacitate my vehicle? Loser. A real
> man slows way down when someone's driving to
> close.
>
> And just a reminder, if you have GOP or pro life
> tags/stickers I will tailgate your fat ass.

Please do, I"ll just slam my brakes on, and watch you shat your pants as you try to stop without hitting me. Then if you still want to be a dick, I'll whip my gun out and we'll see who is suddenly pro life.

Date: January 12, 2012 06:06PM

You must suffer from micro phallice like 90% of the NRA.

Drivers are rude
Such attitude but when I show em my piece
Complaints cease
Something's odd feel like I'm god you stupid dumb shit goddamn motherfucker.

Date: January 12, 2012 06:11PM

Atom Wrote:
> You must suffer from micro phallice like 90% of
> the NRA.
>
> Drivers are rude
> Such attitude but when I show em my piece
> Complaints cease
> Something's odd feel like I'm god you stupid dumb
> shit goddamn motherfucker.

What???? Why don't you stop thinking about dick sizes and focus on writing complete sentences that make sense.

Date: January 12, 2012 06:12PM

It's a song moron.

About losers who drive around flashing their piece To compensate for their impotence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 06:14PM by Atom.

Posted by: Asswipe ()
Date: January 12, 2012 06:17PM

You can barely write an intelligible sentence. I can't take you seriously here, let alone on the highway.

> I can't people
> driving in the Left lane and driving about 65 mph.

Who gives you the right to tell someone who is going 10 miles over the speed limit that they should go faster?

> SPEED UP. I WILL KEEP HOKING (sic) AND HIGH BEAMING
> YOU.

Do you have any idea how obnoxious that is? Someone does that to me then I will purposefully show down - just to aggravate you.

> If you want to drive 55-65 MPH use the Right
> line I have nothing against that expect when I
> WILL to exit the highway I have to deal with slow
> *** driver. I want the police to ticket everyone

I don't have the faintest fucking idea what that even means. If you're trying to make a point here, please write it in English.

Stay in Manassas, Billy Bob. And take your jacked up pickup truck, chewing tobacco, and rifle with you.

Posted by: dirtymike ()
Date: January 12, 2012 06:19PM

Atom Wrote:
> It's a song moron.
>
> About losers who drive around flashing their piece
> To compensate for their impotence

Very true.

Waving your gun around also doesn't compensate for the fact that you're a shitty driver.

Date: January 12, 2012 09:02PM

Atom Wrote:
> It's a song moron.
>
> About losers who drive around flashing their piece
> To compensate for their impotence

Still stuck on penises, I think you have an issue. No wonder you like to tail gate, lol.

Date: January 12, 2012 09:03PM

dirtymike Wrote:
> Atom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's a song moron.
> >
> > About losers who drive around flashing their
> piece
> > To compensate for their impotence
>
> Very true.
>
> Waving your gun around also doesn't compensate for
> the fact that you're a shitty driver.

The only shitty driver here it seems is the guy who said he would tailgate people based on their bumper stickers.

Posted by: Left Lane ()
Date: January 12, 2012 11:02PM

Big power trip....you're in the far left lane....of any highway and you don't care or even think about anyone in the whole world but you. You think the mirrors on your car are to check your hair or lipstick. You have a 12 car parade behind you but THEY'RE the asshole because they're "speeding". Move the fuck over. And another thing, even if you do meet the HOV requirements......if you're going slower than the lane to your right, move the fuck over. Nothing else make sense.

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: January 12, 2012 11:54PM

THANK YOU to all the sensible people who are saying get the fuck over if your vehicle is in the far left lane and you will not get out of the way for people trying to speed. The left lane is for drivers going over the speed limit/passing only!

Posted by: allwhitebricks ()
Date: January 13, 2012 12:00AM

I start by using my left turn signal if that doesn't work i flash my lights a couple times. If that doesn't work i down shift and cut them off my rear bumper usually 2-3 feet in front of them when turning back into the left lane. I fucking hate LLH. But if you want to be nice your left turn signal is a good start i believe they do its common in other countries.

Posted by: JX ()
Date: January 13, 2012 01:08AM

I agree 100%. The f'n idiots hogging the far left lane probably raise my blood pressure a few points. If you want to go the speed limit, MOVE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: xxx ()
Date: January 13, 2012 05:29AM

Only times I've witnessed road rage are when people don't get out of the left lane and are impeding traffic. Doesn't just happen out of nowhere.

Posted by: Signs ()
Date: January 13, 2012 07:05AM

How come VDOT will not post signs that the slower traffic should stay to the right. I see these signs in other states.

Date: January 13, 2012 07:28AM

How do people drive slow in the left lane, and not see the parade of cars passing them? Also, to the assclowns who leave a huge gap between them and the car ahead of them during rush hour are just as bad as the slow drivers in the left lane. Close the gap, or stay off the interstate, and take side roads.

Posted by: The Solution ()
Date: January 13, 2012 07:36AM

Here is what we need on a multiple lane Interstate:

Left lane 75 MPH
Center lane 65 MPH
Right lane 55 MPH

This would solve it for everyone.

Posted by: Body Damaged Buick ()
Date: January 14, 2012 02:57PM

I go 70-90 in the left lane. It's not for "driving" so much as it is for "sprinting" ahead in a "maneuver" known as "passing" other cars.

If you drive 90 in the passing lane for like miles and miles you are probably retarded.

I go 55-70 everywhere else.

The problem with using one's turn signal is in Northern Virginia, that means you will be less likely to be let in.

Everyone on the roads in NOVA seems half-asleep-- every driver is on the phone, or wandering in an Effexor, caffeine, alcohol, weed, Ambien, or stress HAZE.

If you merge in front or around them fast, enough, they let you in.
If you put your turn signal on, that just snaps them out of their sleepytime.
"Buh? Shit, what's that blinkin! oh yeah, I'm driving!" (speeds up)

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 14, 2012 03:05PM

70 inches isn't a measure of speed.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 14, 2012 11:14PM

I'm all for keeping the left lane as mainly a passing lane. Can't count the number of times I've seen dumb asses being the only one's driving in the left lane on an empty stretch of highway. With other drivers in the D.M.V., actually using your turn signals makes them aggressive towards you, as if there new goal in life is to make sure you don't get over. In my years of driving in this area, I've come to the conclusion the yuppies in their German cars are the biggest douches when it comes to following driving rules and etiquette.

Posted by: He's Right ()
Date: January 14, 2012 11:29PM

Arlingtonkid Wrote:
> How do people drive slow in the left lane, and not
> see the parade of cars passing them? Also, to
> the assclowns who leave a huge gap between them
> and the car ahead of them during rush hour are
> just as bad as the slow drivers in the left lane.
> Close the gap, or stay off the interstate, and
> take side roads.

Quoted for truth!

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: January 15, 2012 07:20AM

Valid points made by everyone but I will offer the best advice of all. Give up NOW and make a decision to IGNORE other bad and inconsiderate drivers. Let it GO. It's the price of doing business i.e. driving on a public road. A certain percentage of people are going to be idiots every day NO MATTER WHAT. It's a given. Choose to ignore it. Drive respectfully and do what you got to do - but do not take anything personally. Because it is not personal. You will live a far more happy and relaxed life if you make a conscious effort to ignore idiotic, dangerous and disrespectful drivers of all types (fast or slow).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.