HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Don't most 18 year olds GTFO from NOVA as soon as possible? This area is REALLY expensive and not very much fun.
Posted by: Amen. I agree 100% ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:13PM

Don't most 18 year olds GTFO from NOVA as soon as possible? This area is REALLY expensive and not very much fun. There are so many better places for young people to live. Why wouldn't you want to move to a fun cheap place?

Amen. I agree 100%

That is exactly what I did. I moved far far away from here. The weather was great. The rent was cheap. My family wanted for me to come back so I did.

Soon I am going to leave again and I have already told my family well in advance so it will come as no big shock to them when the time arrives.
If all goes according to plan I will be out of here this coming September.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don't most 18 year olds GTFO from NOVA as soon as possible? This area is REALLY expensive and not very much fun.
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:15PM

Why is this a thread?

Re: Don't most 18 year olds GTFO from NOVA as soon as possible? This area is REALLY expensive and not very much fun.
Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:23PM

Übermensch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is this a thread?

Because there has never been a discussion of this kind on FFXU.

Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:25PM

Alpha Male Wrote:
> Übermensch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is this a thread?
>
>
> Because there has never been a discussion of this
> kind on FFXU.

The way he worded his post doesn't make it sound as though he's looking to start a 'discussion'.

He pretty much just typed out a brief (and boring) story.

Posted by: Like Yeah ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:39PM

NOVA is the boring part of the story.

Posted by: los3r ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:41PM

Like Yeah Wrote:
> NOVA is the boring part of the story.

your story is boring, bro,

care to tell it again tho?

Posted by: YEP ()
Date: January 11, 2012 05:28AM

Where are those stupid ass going to go where they will be useful? They need to keep their dumb ass here in Fairfax like they do.

Posted by: goodthread ()
Date: January 11, 2012 07:48AM

Actually this is one of very few meaningful threads that is good information, what this person is saying is that NOVA is not a good place for young people to live, which is right and useful information. WHy are you taking the time to critique whether you think this is useful or not??? Not enough pictures of asses in it for you? Not enough info about speeding or DWI's???? Yes most 18 year olds want to get out then come back because of the lure of money and jobs. Its a shame cause it sucks to live here.

Posted by: NOVA Native ()
Date: January 11, 2012 07:58AM

If your parents are not from this area then yes, please go away and don't come back. And ask your parents to go, too. Most of you who have immigrated to this area in the last 25 years, from inside or outside the US, have made this area as shitty as where your parents and families are from.

Posted by: FuckYou ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:45AM

NOVA Native Wrote:
> If your parents are not from this area then yes,
> please go away and don't come back. And ask your
> parents to go, too. Most of you who have
> immigrated to this area in the last 25 years, from
> inside or outside the US, have made this area as
> shitty as where your parents and families are
> from.

If you don't like it, GTFO.

Posted by: gtfo3 ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:17AM

Fine would love to GTFO, you fix the real estate market and you will never see my ass again, otherwise, good information to know that IT SUCKS and yOU SUCK

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:23AM

When I was 18 and living in Fairfax County, there was lots to do!

Field parties/bonfires - ours were legendary!
Street racing - just to see the cool cars
House parties - would hate to be one of the homeowners
Cruising - running back and forth on OKM between Burke and Franconia
Dropping by Springfield Mall on a weekend night
4-wheeling (Hayfield, Loisdale pits, powerlines, etc.)
...and more

I suppose all the fun has left the county...

Posted by: it is what you make it ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:18AM

We live so close to DC which has tons of things to do. Many of them are free too. Stop playing video games and go outside.

In Virginia we have:

Great Falls
Miles of bike paths.
Fantastic parks.
Golf.
Shopping centers.
Paint ball.
Skiing.
Mt climbing.
Rock climbing.
Beaches.

Do you need any more ideas?

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: January 11, 2012 01:53PM

"I suppose all the fun has left the county..."

We did all those things too, plus some that cannot be mentioned. I don't think the fun has left, we just developed all of those places and they need to find new ones. Plus with all the ways for parents to keep tabs on kids now its harder to get away with stuff. The thought of our parents having a security camera in the house never occurred to us, now you can buy an eight camera system from Costco and go home and install it yourself.

I wish I had footage of some of our parties, on second thought no I don't.

Posted by: O_P_ ()
Date: January 11, 2012 03:57PM

My family still lives here so I can always stay here for free when I come back to visit.

Posted by: niceplacetovisit ()
Date: January 12, 2012 07:23AM

not disputing that there are "activities" but you have to deal with the people, drivers, nasty service people, nasty people in general, not worth it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.