HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
GREAT ITALIAN FOOD - FRATELLI in CENTREVILLE
Posted by: EMERIL ()
Date: February 25, 2008 07:23PM

THere is a small place in Centreville that really goes unrecognized. It is called Fratelli. It is across the street from Carabas and behind Ruby Tuesdays in the strip center that the idiot Dwoskin owns.

The food is good. THe owners are always there and will cater to your every need.

All sauces are homemade. Enjoy.

An excellent place like this needs to stay in business - otherwise we will be forced to eat the dog food carrbas and Olive Garden serves

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GREAT ITALIAN FOOD - FRATELLI in CENTREVILLE
Posted by: EAt ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:18AM

Fratelli in Centreville is a gem.

Good food.

Re: GREAT ITALIAN FOOD - NOT FRATELLI in CENTREVILLE
Posted by: DB ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:56AM

I hate to disagree but being Italian blooded I tend to seek out good Italian restaurants. I dined at Fratelli's in Centreville about a year ago because of a friend's advice, I was sorely disappointed. The service was mediocre at best but the food, OMG, the salad was soggy and limp, the pasta dish was over cooked and mushy not al dente like it should have been and there really was no excuse as there were only a couple patrons there on that evening. Wanting to give my friend's advice another chance, I went there a second time and was even more disappointed so I've given up. I met a friend for dinner at Sakulthai (excellent Thai BTW) in Alexandria and noticed a "Fratelli's II" right next to it. He told me that place was the worst Italian he'd ever had too.
If Little Italy is still there, they served some of the best local Italian food, Ciro's and his nephew Tony's in Fairlakes are both great authentic Italian owned and operated and even the Cantina in Fairlakes too but Fratelli's - Ugh, NEVER AGAIN!

Re: GREAT ITALIAN FOOD - NOT FRATELLI in CENTREVILLE
Posted by: Buck ()
Date: February 28, 2008 07:56AM

DB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Little Italy is still there, they served some
> of the best local Italian food, Ciro's and his
> nephew Tony's in Fairlakes are both great
> authentic Italian owned and operated and even the
> Cantina in Fairlakes too but Fratelli's - Ugh,
> NEVER AGAIN!

Are you talking about the Italian Deli in the IHOP shopping center? If so, I agree it's great. Do try their steak sandwich; it's killer. I'm also a fan of the sausage and cream marinara (though it's been a little on the salty side the last few times). Am a bit concerned of it's existence given the one by one decimation of the stores there to Korean shops. It is a jewel and I hope it survives.

Buck

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:53AM

He's not talking about the italian deli... that's across 28 on the other side of c-ville.

the italian deli does get a recommend from the rob/genevieve food reviews.

Posted by: Inspector ()
Date: February 29, 2008 08:54AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.