HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
JMU - 5 student deaths in one month
Posted by: Sad ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:43AM

Is JMU becoming dangerous to attend?

In the last month, 5 students have died. Most recently, on November 15th at 10:40pm, a female student was killed when a bus ran her over at a busy intersection.

Virginia State Police are heading the investigation because according to Egle the bus is possibly a city bus, VSP is able to do an accident re-creation scene, and they also have more resources available than JMU police.

People are questioning JMU's safety and security, and such concerns may bode negatively for the school's image, one that is has been injured over the past few years over the 2010 Springfest riots.

More Info

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JMU - 5 student deaths in one month
Posted by: donotcare ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:48AM

no one cares

and ohhhhhnoooooooooo bad for the "school's image"....fuck the dead kids, make sure the reputation of a second, or third, choice, university is not hurt by KIDS DEATHS!!!!!!

FUCKING CUNT

Posted by: loyalduke ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:15AM

we dont want to hear about our schools reputation. that doesnt matter. what matters is the fact that these people have DIED, and the jmu community is here for them and their families. forever a duke.

Posted by: friend ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:08AM

Hundreds of people die everyday, but I know that hundreds will cry for this one person's death. Please, rest in peace.

Posted by: upset ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:07AM

You are AN IDIOT if someone special died from your family or friends I bet you would think differently asshole

Posted by: upset ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:08AM

upset Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are AN IDIOT if someone special died from your
> family or friends I bet you would think
> differently asshole

this goes to the first message posted

Posted by: Mac ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:07AM

To state that JMU is becoming dangerous to attend is not only a ridiculous thing to say, but quite an uneducated statement. The recent deaths have been completely unrelated to campus, aside from the most recent bus accident. The individuals that have passed away recently have passed for many reasons related to illnesses and other causes. So, before you make statements about our school, check your facts.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:09AM

Sad Wrote:
> Is JMU becoming dangerous to attend?
>
> In the last month, 5 students have died. Most
> recently, on November 15th at 10:40pm, a female
> student was killed when a bus ran her over at a
> busy intersection.
>

Unless the bus ran off the road onto the side walk i'm sure student is at fault.

Most of the students are at least 18 and are adult. They shouldn't have to be treated babies.

Posted by: sad ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:11AM

This is still a shock to me. Thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of the 5 students that have died this month. <3 By the way, to whoever "donotcare" is, go learn some manners. And while you're at it, get a heart, too.

Posted by: confused ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:18AM

Yes, JMU has had 5 deaths happen in one month. Yes, this is sad, unbelievable, and hard to deal with. 5 families have lost their child. Friends of the ones lost are probably not handling this very well, either. However, saying that JMU isn't safe is completely false. I've never once felt unsafe on campus, especially with police poles everywhere just in case a student doesn't feel safe walking home. I'm just confused as why someone would say JMU is unsafe because of these tragedies. Except for last night, it wasn't on campus and have been due to other causes.

JMUnation <3

Posted by: JMU Alum Parent ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:19AM

I'm saddened by this news but more so I'm appalled at the foul language that's used on here. If this is how you blog, what do you say in everyday speech? One blogger wrote the students are all over the age of 18, therefore adults, but this is not the use of language of adults. Please remember someone lost their life regardless of whose to blame. Pray for the family of that person that they will find peace. They certainly won't have it if they read these blog entries.

Posted by: concerned123 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:24AM

can someone please specify the 5 deaths?

Date: November 16, 2011 08:26AM

Rob Throo - September 2011

Katie Mausteller- October 10, 2011
Nicholas Keatts- November 5, 2011

Kristen Nicole Edwards- November 8, 2011

Vice Provost, Dr. John Noftsinger- November 10, 2011

Unknown but will be updated as soon as news is available- November 15, 2011

Posted by: concerned123 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:28AM

Thank you, also how did these students die?

Posted by: Jacob ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:53AM

I don't see what the big deal is, if you look at the average mortality rate for people in the US. There should be about 17 people dying per year out of a group of 19,000 college aged(18-22) people in the US.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Excerpt_from_CDC_2003_Table_1.pdf&page=1

Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:58AM

Rob Throo, 23 JMU Graduate - Electrical Misfire in Heart - (Died in elevator in Manhattan.)

Katie Mausteller, 22 - Longboarding Accident - (Not wearing helmet, head hit concrete curb)

Nicholas Keatts, 22 - Unknown Cause - (Ill and Complained of stomach bug prior to death.)

Kristen Nicole Edwards, 24 - Unstated Medical-related Issues.

Vice Provost, Dr. John Noftsinger - Heart Attack

Unknown Victim - Pedestrian/Bus accident

Date: November 16, 2011 09:05AM

The mortality rate in the United States isn't really relevant here. It's the fact that we (as a JMU student body) care about our fellow students. That's why this is a big deal. We have compassion for one another, something that others may not understand.

Date: November 16, 2011 09:07AM

You are 1/5th on the way to matching the Va Tech high water mark for monthly death toll. Keep it coming.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Double Duke 0911 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:18AM

donotcare - First, the fact that you took the time to seek out this forum and post such negative, unproductive, and disrespectful comments behind a thick curtain of anonymity shows a lot about your character. I'm glad that your keyboard has courage. We don't know who you are but that's what I don't care about, because you are the only one who has to live with yourself every day and I pity you for it. Second, your grammar and punctuation shows that this "second, or third, choice, university" is one that you would have been lucky to get into. No one is comparing JMU to Yale or Harvard but I chose it over UVA and Virginia Tech and I'd do it again.

Now that I've given way more time to some pitiful tool who doesn't deserve the attention...

It's devastating to see the tragedy that is hitting the school right now. JMU is more than a school. It's a home and a family. My thoughts are in Harrisonburg right now with my JMU family. It is so far from logical to twist these deaths into calling JMU a dangerous place to be. Consider that only one of the deaths was an accident caused (potentially) by someone else. Illness is everywhere. Accidents happen. Rest in peace.

Posted by: Hey"Donotcare/HayZues" ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:24AM

Donotcare- If you're so tough and willing to post this vulgar rant, I dare you to post your name so the families of these lost loved ones can see who you are. Better yet, so I can see who you are. I guarantee you would not be brave enough to say this aloud. Think twice next time. Cunt.

Hay Zues- If you would look into the accident more than just listening to the basic story that has been passed around you would have heard why it wasn't the student's fault. Become a better researcher, and while you're at it; shut the fuck up, and act like an adult yourself, instead of a self righteous, and arrogant child

Posted by: Fellow Duke ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:38AM

The JMU community is reeling from the loss of these 6 individuals. Although we may or may not have known them personally, they are still a part of our JMU family. May the souls of our fallen Dukes rest in peace.

Posted by: laura teorly ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:49AM

One professor died from a heart attack. One student died from a longboarding accident. One died in their sleep from diabetes. And one died from a bus accident. All very tragis but this has nothing to do with the safety of the school. It is wrong to even begin to question the safety of the school, when all were completely unrelated. The 2010 Springfest riots have nothing to do with anything you have mentioned, so it would be suggested that your comments be kept to yourself.

Someone once told me that that if you don't know what you are talking about, don't say anything at all. Hope you agree!

Posted by: JMU Student ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:15AM

One student died of a long boarding accident off campus, one died in his sleep due to diabetes. One was an alumni and he died because of heart problems in NY, one professor died from a heart attack. One died for unknown reasons, and now the most reason one was because of a bus accident.

How does this make JMU not safe?

Only one happened on campus.

You may want to rethink your statement and get your facts right before stating meaningless and insensitive things.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:17AM

Hey"Donotcare/HayZues" Wrote:
>
> Hay Zues- If you would look into the accident more
> than just listening to the basic story that has
> been passed around you would have heard why it
> wasn't the student's fault. Become a better
> researcher, and while you're at it; shut the fuck
> up, and act like an adult yourself, instead of a
> self righteous, and arrogant child

To be fair YOU cannot control what other people do.

If YOU are posting here to educate people on a specific matter then the onus is on YOU to make sure the information is complete and accurate.

To expect more from users is childish.

When I say "YOU" I mean a poster.

Posted by: jmu student ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:19AM

There is also Jackson Hazard, JMU student who died oct 11, 2011 from a head injury sustained in a fall

Posted by: fuckyoudontcare ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:31AM

Fuck you Don't Care. No room on here for pieces of shit like you.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:56AM

Someone's family will never be the same. A parents worst nightmare has come true. To the heartless, I truly hope you never experience the pain of losing a child because it is the worst, endless pain a person can ever feel. My prayers go out to the family. Unimaginable nightmare.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:10AM

JMU is still a dangerous school for men. All men who attend parties there are frequently overwhelmed by the amount of females present, that their balls may explode. #tryingtobringsomelevity

Posted by: Duke ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:21AM

Right but if you divide 17 by 12 it isn't 5.

Posted by: Early report ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:25AM

There is no official announcement so please view in the proper light. Have heard that several JMU students are indicating the victim was Jane Hwang a freshman at JMU who attended W.T. Woodson. Very sad.

Posted by: SM ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:38AM

you are one sick individual. actually..you are not even that.

Posted by: MDub ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:41AM

Man, that's the worst death toll JMU has had since the mass suicide below Eagle Hall in 1999, in which approximately 400 students--including a prominent Negro band leader--drank Kool Aid laced with cyanide to protest communism and devote themselves to the prophet Muhammad. It's a shame that the bus driver yesterday was reportedly conducting Satanic rituals at the time of the bus accident, and apparently police in Harrisonburg found a mega meth-lab in her basement with photos of the dead student pasted all over the wall and inscribed with pentagrams, suspiciously. If needed, the Wilson Hall cupola houses an intercontinental ballistic missile (Trident III ICBM) that can be launched within five minutes at targets around the world, and indeed even at satellite threats outside the earth's atmosphere. If police determine the presence of al Qaeda in Harrisonburg, the missiles can be armed and fired immediately at Israel, who's government continues to act suspiciously when questioned about these student deaths.

Posted by: slm ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:41AM

you are one pathetic worthless sole

Posted by: ): ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:06PM

LMFAO MDUB mega troll.Sad but it happens. its a fact hate it or love it.

Posted by: DickFor ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:09PM

thats some real life "final destination" shit....which one is ali larter??

Posted by: Brittany ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:09PM

The woman that was killed nov 15th is JANE HWANG.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:11PM

I don't get what the big deal is...they're only JMU students. Not like busses are running over the next POTUS or even the person who is going to cure a major disease. More like...oh noes, somewhere sometime in the future an HR mediation is going to go differently...awww...

Posted by: oops crunch ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:14PM

Head down text messaging while walking around doesn't always succeed.

Posted by: Duke fan ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:30PM

All of you on here posting negative comments about the victims are sad, pathetic, worthless people...@ donotcare-it's a shame you couldn't be one of those who lost their lives recently, i'm pretty sure nobody would miss you, or even notice you were gone, except for maybe the lack of negative bullshit coming from your mouth...as for the rest of you who think this is a joking matter, do us all a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself...and if you get the urge to go jump off a cliff, don't fight it.

Posted by: JMUduke ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:44PM

It's really sad to me that people can be so heartless. The deaths of our students, faculty, and alumni is heartbreaking for all of us here at JMU. I can't even imagine how these families feel and how hard it must be for them to deal with the loss of their loved ones. JMU is by no means unsafe, none of these incidents were caused by the university. The bus accident was simply that, AN ACCIDENT. It does not matter whose fault it was, but rather that it is a tragic thing that should not have happened. I'm praying for Jane Hwang and her family, and the poor bus driver who has to deal with this unfortunate event. Any of the events that have caused deaths in our community could have happened to anyone, anywhere in the world. How dare you say "they're only JMU students"! They were too young and who knows what great things they would have accomplished in their lives. Clearly in their short lifetime they managed to make an impact on others lives. I'm so proud to be a JMU Duke because through these tragedies we can mourn together the losses of our fellow students even if we didn't know them personally. JMUstrong <3

Posted by: Friend of JMU ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:51PM

Jackson Hazard was visiting JMU when the accident happened, but he was not a student which is why I think he is not counted.

Posted by: JMU Student ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:54PM

I am a current JMU student.

Accidents happen - and this accident happened right outside of my dorm. It was tragic and its all I've been able to think about; however, I feel safer on JMU's campus than anywhere else I've even been. We are a big family full of love and respect for one another. We are all grieving over the deaths of our fellow students, but what has happened should NOT give us a bad name. And people need to have respect of those who have passed as well as those of us who are pulling together to get through this.

Duke For Life!!!

Date: November 16, 2011 12:56PM

I heard this guy was visiting JMU just before the "accidents" started happening

Allstate-Mayhem-Driving.jpg

Posted by: showlove ()
Date: November 16, 2011 01:07PM

It is disgusting the way people disrespect other human beings. Before you start saying shit about others and their school maybe you should learn where your commas go in sentences and learn how to write properly. disrespectful assholes.

Date: November 16, 2011 01:13PM

Holy shit! You're right! Proper comma usage can END THIS MADNESS!

Punctuation-saves-lives.jpg

Posted by: Interesting Info ()
Date: November 16, 2011 01:21PM

The five students that had died interestingly enough were all part of a class that had planned a trip to Turkey that would've coincided with the first deadly earthquake in that country. But at the last minute the trip was cancelled by their professor who was suffering from heart problems. Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the other 26 students? I can't help but think that it seems like no matter what, you can't cheat Death.

Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: November 16, 2011 01:40PM

I wrote the "donotcare" post...

First - my intellectual level is most likely way above what your "nazi-comma" patrol brains could handle.

Second - the ability of the posters who came after me to miss the FUCKING POINT of my post just makes you all look like fools.

Third - reading the major concern over the IMAGE and REPUTATION of JMU is absolutely pathetic and anyone rambling on about the below average school should jump in front of the next bus --- the fact that a person would tie their own worth to a fucking school just shows how much they really lack in real life.

MOST IMPORTANT:

The POINT is....

If you want to post about some people dying, feel free to - and I sincerely hope that the kind words and thoughts you are searching for a given.

BUT - as soon as you tie it to a LABEL like JMU, or anything else BUT THE PEOPLE WHO DIED - GO FUCK YOURSELF!

What could be more disrespectful to the dead? The OP has made light of the deaths of these people by including anything to do with JMU - the results are not words about the DEAD PEOPLE but are some fucking ass-wipes crying about their school. "Duke For Life!!!" = NO life...

You see...if a person posted that:

Rob Throo, 23 - Electrical Misfire in Heart - (Died in elevator in Manhattan.)

Katie Mausteller, 22 - Longboarding Accident - (Not wearing helmet, head hit concrete curb)

Nicholas Keatts, 22 - Unknown Cause - (Ill and Complained of stomach bug prior to death.)

Kristen Nicole Edwards, 24 - Unstated Medical-related Issues.

Vice Provost, Dr. John Noftsinger - Heart Attack

Unknown Victim - Pedestrian/Bus accident

^^^^THIS would make sense and be worthwhile of a normal educated conversation. This is a list of people who died - this is a bad thing and should be treated with respect.

By including anything to do with JMU you, the OP, have shit on the deceased by lessening their value to DEAD PEOPLE WHO ARE ONLY VALUED BECAUSE THEY WERE CONNECTED TO JMU - get it?

The DEAD do not retain their personal worth or humanity in death BECAUSE this thread is tied to JMU, which just makes for the "rah rah rah" shit to be puked out by every dumb fuck that can not see that JMU has NOTHING to do with the DEATH of these PEOPLE.

Therefore, I do not care and will continue to point out that the college educated people arguing over the IMAGE and REPUTATION of their school and completely dismissing the ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO DIED are the fucking ignorant, self-absorbed and just pathetic shit-for-brains that can not see the obvious errors of their own shortsighted intellect.

A Minor Threat

Date: November 16, 2011 01:41PM

Interesting Info Wrote:
> The five students that had died interestingly
> enough were all part of a class that had planned a
> trip to Turkey that would've coincided with the
> first deadly earthquake in that country. But at
> the last minute the trip was cancelled by their
> professor who was suffering from heart problems.
> Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the
> other 26 students?
I can't help but think that it
> seems like no matter what, you can't cheat Death.

FinalDestination51.jpg

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:09PM

Duke Wrote:
> Right but if you divide 17 by 12 it isn't 5.

But the remainder is, and that should count for something.

I'M A FIVE-STAR MAN!!

Posted by: steve mcqueen ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:14PM

Have you seen the youtube videos of the JMU riots? It's no wonder those kids are croaking.....they are partying way hard.

Posted by: lgs ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:40PM

To "donotcare/postpoppunk"

The students and faculty at JMU that died were proud of their university.
I find that it's absolutely ludicrous that you consider yourself an intellectual when you yourself are being so narrow-minded, arrogant, and ignorant.

I personally go to an ivy league school, but many of my friends from high school (including the girl that passed away last night) go to JMU and are proud of the fact. Right now it's not a question of reputation or school standing, but honoring the lives of these great people that passed. Your argument is completely out of place and disrespectful. Although you claim to not be criticizing the people who passed away, you are by bashing their university. JMU may not be a top ten school but its still a great institution and the people who go there are quality people. You need to show some respect and learn how to shut up.

Date: November 16, 2011 03:00PM

lgs Wrote:
> To "donotcare/postpoppunk"
>
> The students and faculty at JMU that died were
> proud of their university.
> I find that it's absolutely ludicrous that you
> consider yourself an intellectual when you
> yourself are being so narrow-minded, arrogant, and
> ignorant.
>
> I personally go to an ivy league school, but many
> of my friends from high school (including the girl
> that passed away last night) go to JMU and are
> proud of the fact. Right now it's not a question
> of reputation or school standing, but honoring the
> lives of these great people that passed. Your
> argument is completely out of place and
> disrespectful. Although you claim to not be
> criticizing the people who passed away, you are by
> bashing their university. JMU may not be a top ten
> school but its still a great institution and the
> people who go there are quality people. You need
> to show some respect and learn how to shut up.

YOU just proved my POINT perfectly - thank you for being as dumb as a rock.

Your entire puking was about the FUCKING SCHOOL!!!

Unless you say - "I knew _______________ and will remember her/him for ____________ etc..." I will point out the absolute fucking ridiculousness of these fuck-knuckles, like yourself, who keep pushing the school shit into peoples' faces when that action is just juvenile.

"I personally go to an ivy league school"...BULLSHIT, or you would have had the capability of understanding my point in the first place, but your post (your own words) prove you do not have the mental ability to grasp even the simple fact that putting an * next to the names of the dead, in the form of JMU (and any other LABEL), is the most disrespectful act of this entire thread.

If you, or anyone else, do not, or can not, understand the above fact --- well, I cannot help you with your shortcomings as a person.

A Minor Threat

Posted by: Mdub ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:25PM

For this comment, your family will be killed and a video of their heads exploding by .50caliber bullets will be posted on YouTube, and you will be emailed the link so you can watch.

Posted by: Derp de derp ta teetalee too ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:33PM

HARRISONBURG — An 18-year-old student from Fairfax died after she was struck by a bus on the James Madison University campus, Virginia State Police said.

Jane Hwang was walking when she was hit by a city of Harrisonburg transportation bus at 9:52 p.m. Tuesday. She died at the scene.

State Police Sgt. Frank Ingham said the bus was going through a green light and making a left turn when the accident occurred. The student was wearing dark-colored clothing. Police said the 56-year-old female bus driver will not face charges. INATTENTION on the part of the pedestrian was considered the MAIN FACTOR, police said.

Posted by: MDub ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:35PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> I don't get what the big deal is...they're only
> JMU students. Not like busses are running over the
> next POTUS or even the person who is going to cure
> a major disease. More like...oh noes, somewhere
> sometime in the future an HR mediation is going to
> go differently...awww...

Gonads:
In three days you will receive a phone call from state police, informing you where to find the dead bodies of your immediate and extended family, who were tortured for 36 hours before dying in excruciating pain. Following this, you will receive an email containing a YouTube link where you can watch the video of this happening,as well as the rape and brutal torture of your mother before her ribs and chest were cut open and her organs slowly taken from her body while she was kept conscious and alive. You will also receive a map to the public sewer where their pissed-on bodies were discovered.

Date: November 16, 2011 03:42PM

MDub Wrote:
> Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't get what the big deal is...they're only
> > JMU students. Not like busses are running over
> the
> > next POTUS or even the person who is going to
> cure
> > a major disease. More like...oh noes, somewhere
> > sometime in the future an HR mediation is going
> to
> > go differently...awww...
>
> Gonads:
> In three days you will receive a phone call from
> state police, informing you where to find the dead
> bodies of your immediate and extended family, who
> were tortured for 36 hours before dying in
> excruciating pain. Following this, you will
> receive an email containing a YouTube link where
> you can watch the video of this happening,as well
> as the rape and brutal torture of your mother
> before her ribs and chest were cut open and her
> organs slowly taken from her body while she was
> kept conscious and alive. You will also receive a
> map to the public sewer where their pissed-on
> bodies were discovered.

While what I said may have been upsetting to you, what you said is actually illegal (and doesn't upset me in the least). You fail at trolling and/or being any sort of threatening/intimidating.

Posted by: lgs ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:44PM

"donotcare/postpoppunk"

Excuse me, but you have no reason to be disrespectful to me.

Your argument is full of holes and is extremely difficult to follow. I'm not sure what the point of your argument is. If you could please make what you are trying to prove a bit clearer... that would be fantastic. So you're saying that the university should bear no relationship to the legacy that is left by the person that passed, and yet you continue to bring the university up? Please clarify. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the message that you are trying to convey, and that's why my response seems unrelated. But you also need to formulate your ideas a little better; from the looks of it you're not so sure what you are trying to say to begin with.

And actually, I do go to an Ivy League institution.

Regardless, this is a silly conversation to be having on this thread. This is certainly neither the time nor place. However, I would appreciate it if you would stop bashing JMU, its students, the people who passed away, and verbally assaulting anyone who is offering a differing view.

Date: November 16, 2011 03:51PM

lgs Wrote:
> "donotcare/postpoppunk"
>
> Excuse me, but you have no reason to be
> disrespectful to me.
>
> Your argument is full of holes and is extremely
> difficult to follow. I'm not sure what the point
> of your argument is. If you could please make what
> you are trying to prove a bit clearer... that
> would be fantastic. So you're saying that the
> university should bear no relationship to the
> legacy that is left by the person that passed, and
> yet you continue to bring the university up?
> Please clarify. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the
> message that you are trying to convey, and that's
> why my response seems unrelated. But you also need
> to formulate your ideas a little better; from the
> looks of it you're not so sure what you are trying
> to say to begin with.
>
> And actually, I do go to an Ivy League
> institution.
>
> Regardless, this is a silly conversation to be
> having on this thread. This is certainly neither
> the time nor place. However, I would appreciate it
> if you would stop bashing JMU, its students, the
> people who passed away, and verbally assaulting
> anyone who is offering a differing view.

The ivy league must be hurting for bodies these days if you're finding it "extremely difficult" to follow triple p's argument. When nobody understands the argument, the issue is with the one presenting the argument. When everybody but you gets it but you, the issue is with you.

Posted by: Duka! ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:54PM

When I was 10, I was visiting JMU and I was buggered by a football coach in the showers. A assistant coach took me to the then-President, Ron Carrier, and Ron gave me a purple Duke furry toy, a Madison College t-shirt, and told me he hoped we could put this unpleasant situation behind us.

"What the fuck is this shit?" I yelled. "'Madison College,'how old is this t-shirt...it's been Madison University for decades!"

Posted by: Lauren Miller ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:08PM

You are a horrible person and a piece of shit. I hope you NEVER have to go through the pain my family has gone through with the death of my cousin. How could you possibly ever say something like that? Fuck YOU.

Posted by: Lauren Miller ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:15PM

^The last message in response to "donotcare"

Posted by: Kiersten ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:20PM

She stepped out into the street when the crossing sign said not to cross. It wasn't the driver's fault. The driver had a green light.

Posted by: erusdfh ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:24PM

MDub Wrote:
> Man, that's the worst death toll JMU has had since
> the mass suicide below Eagle Hall in 1999, in
> which approximately 400 students--including a
> prominent Negro band leader--drank Kool Aid laced
> with cyanide to protest communism and devote
> themselves to the prophet Muhammad. It's a shame
> that the bus driver yesterday was reportedly
> conducting Satanic rituals at the time of the bus
> accident, and apparently police in Harrisonburg
> found a mega meth-lab in her basement with photos
> of the dead student pasted all over the wall and
> inscribed with pentagrams, suspiciously. If
> needed, the Wilson Hall cupola houses an
> intercontinental ballistic missile (Trident III
> ICBM) that can be launched within five minutes at
> targets around the world, and indeed even at
> satellite threats outside the earth's atmosphere.
> If police determine the presence of al Qaeda in
> Harrisonburg, the missiles can be armed and fired
> immediately at Israel, who's government continues
> to act suspiciously when questioned about these
> student deaths.

Dear Russell, get off of this thread. Shouldn't you be at acapella practice?

Posted by: T. H. ()
Date: November 16, 2011 06:44PM

Wow. I'm am also shocked at the lack of consideration to others. Please try to state your opinion without vulgar language. I am a parent who lost a son. I currently have a child at JMU. My heart continually hurts for anyone who has to bury his or her child. Please say prayers for the family who has to endure this horrific pain.

Posted by: cooblimey ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:18PM

you stupid cunt

Date: November 16, 2011 07:33PM

almost as bad as Fairfax HS

Posted by: Mdub ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:33PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> MDub Wrote:
> -----
> > Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I don't get what the big deal is...they're
> only
> > > JMU students. Not like busses are running
> over
> > the
> > > next POTUS or even the person who is going to
> > cure
> > > a major disease. More like...oh noes,
> somewhere
> > > sometime in the future an HR mediation is
> going
> > to
> > > go differently...awww...
> >
> > Gonads:
> > In three days you will receive a phone call
> from
> > state police, informing you where to find the
> dead
> > bodies of your immediate and extended family,
> who
> > were tortured for 36 hours before dying in
> > excruciating pain. Following this, you will
> > receive an email containing a YouTube link
> where
> > you can watch the video of this happening,as
> well
> > as the rape and brutal torture of your mother
> > before her ribs and chest were cut open and her
> > organs slowly taken from her body while she was
> > kept conscious and alive. You will also receive
> a
> > map to the public sewer where their pissed-on
> > bodies were discovered.
>
>
> While what I said may have been upsetting to you,
> what you said is actually illegal (and doesn't
> upset me in the least). You fail at trolling
> and/or being any sort of threatening/intimidating.

Fine, fine, agreed--fair enough, touche; apologies my friend, just the inferiority complex kicking in aggressively. But while I regret the five minutes I've wasted making stupid comments on this forum, I can't help but wonder why you've wasted what seems like countless HOURS making comments and obviously going to great lengths to post photos and clever offensive responses under an anonymous name on an insignificant little-known forum of no consequence whatsoever???? Don't mean to argue (seriously, haha), but thought I'd point that out. This is effed up, but, "even a dead JMU student has more of a life than that!"

Posted by: Final Destination ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:38PM

Sounds like the premise for a new "Final Destination" Movie...
Attachments:
smoosh8ix.gif

Posted by: dj ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:33PM

You must be one very unhappy and miserable individual to have no compassion for for a person's life! I will pray for you as well!

Date: November 16, 2011 10:18PM

Mdub Wrote:

> Fine, fine, agreed--fair enough, touche; apologies
> my friend, just the inferiority complex kicking in
> aggressively. But while I regret the five minutes
> I've wasted making stupid comments on this forum,
> I can't help but wonder why you've wasted what
> seems like countless HOURS making comments and
> obviously going to great lengths to post photos
> and clever offensive responses under an anonymous
> name on an insignificant little-known forum of no
> consequence whatsoever????
Don't mean to argue
> (seriously, haha), but thought I'd point that out.
> This is effed up, but, "even a dead JMU student
> has more of a life than that!"

your you-know-what is showing, kettle.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:35PM

FFXU is NOT a place to memorialize the dead. Expect trash-talking if you ever attempt to do so.

Posted by: Marianna ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:43PM

Thank you for clarifying the recent deaths. I'm saddened media is using this to damage the reputation of such an awesome school. Yet, I know none of these beautiful lives would want that. Hence, honored their spirits with love and continued prayers!

We all come to this Earth for a season! From what I'm reading these individuals left a positive great mark on their short lived path. Let's be inspired by their journey!

My prayers and blessings of peace and comfort for their families and all the JMU Dukes!

Posted by: Marianna ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:52PM

Hi T.H. - I hear your pain. Recently visited VA Tech with my son who is considering JMU as a top engineering choice. All I could feel at VT was the pain of loosing those children on the horrific tragic day. Sadly, the ones writing on this forum using a poor choice of words don't have a better way to express their pain. Nor, do I believe they understand the pain of those extremely close to these lives. I'm amazed at your strength and kindness. May we all learn to honor the goodness in each other and bring thru our love some peace thru the cosmos to all those in deep pain. Blessings!!

Everyone
Posted by: Kenny Jr ()
Date: November 17, 2011 12:12AM

I feel for the families and friends of those who lost there lives this month at JMU and all previously. I have lost friends and relatives in similier situations. Theres nothing can be said to ease the pain only time. Even then it still hurts. Its sad even sadder to see some of these post and wonder whats up with these people. No point in attacking the the ones with these unhuman post because thats what they want is the attention. I really feel for them.

Re: Everyone
Date: November 17, 2011 12:18AM

Kenny Jr Wrote:
> I feel for the families and friends of those who
> lost there lives this month at JMU and all
> previously. I have lost friends and relatives in
> similier situations. Theres nothing can be said to
> ease the pain only time. Even then it still hurts.
> Its sad even sadder to see some of these post and
> wonder whats up with these people. No point in
> attacking the the ones with these unhuman post
> because thats what they want is the attention. I
> really feel for them.

you do a lot of feeling, don't you? and what kind of similar situations have you experienced? don't tell me you've attended a college where people have died because nothing about your post suggests you've ever stepped foot on a college campus (that includes online "colleges").

Posted by: Hokie09 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 06:29PM

Is this a contest?

Date: November 17, 2011 10:16PM

"JMU's safety and security, and such concerns may bode negatively for the school's image, one that is has been injured over the past few years"

"the jmu community is here... forever a duke."

"To state that JMU is becoming dangerous to attend is not only a ridiculous thing to say, but quite an uneducated statement. The recent deaths have been completely unrelated to campus"

"No one is comparing JMU to Yale or Harvard but I chose it over UVA and Virginia Tech and I'd do it again."

"the tragedy that is hitting the school right now. JMU is more than a school."

"so far from logical to twist these deaths into calling JMU a dangerous place to be."

"The JMU community is reeling from the loss of these 6 individuals...they are still a part of our JMU family. May the souls of our fallen Dukes rest in peace."

"... for all of us here at JMU. JMU is by no means unsafe, none of these incidents were caused by the university. How dare you say "they're only JMU students"! I'm so proud to be a JMU Duke .... JMUstrong <3"

"I am a current JMU student. Accidents happen - ...but what has happened should NOT give us a bad name. Duke For Life!!!"

"The students and faculty at JMU that died were proud of their university....I personally go to an ivy league school, but many of my friends ...go to JMU and are proud of the fact. ... you are by bashing their university. JMU may not be a top ten school but its still a great institution ..."

"And actually, I do go to an Ivy League institution. ...I would appreciate it if you would stop bashing JMU"

" I'm saddened media is using this to damage the reputation of such an awesome school. ...and all the JMU Dukes"

"Recently visited VA Tech with my son who is considering JMU as a top engineering choice."

If the people who posted the above bullshit cannot see their own self-absorbed agenda shining through - then they are blind.

I pasted a bunch of the "CARING" comments by people about....about.....the FUCKING SCHOOL!!!

If you ignorant fucks do not have the mental ability to separate your "rah rah rah" school shit form the tragic deaths of ACTUAL PEOPLE --- I feel sorry for you, as you have no clue how much you shit on the memories of the deceased by placing their value square on the fact that they had SOMETHING to do with a school.

NOT ONE OF THE ABOVE POSTS IN THIS THREAD SAY:

I knew John Q. and he was a great person because 1, 2 and 3, also he was such an inspiration to me as he always acted so 1, 2 and 3. John Q. will be most remembered by me due to his never ending dreams of etc.....

ALL OF THE POSTS RELATE TO THE SCHOOL!!!

John Q. went to JMU - JMU should not be labeled Dangerous - This should not hurt JMU's reputation - Duke for Life - School Pride Rah Rah Rah - fucking Rah.

YOU PEOPLE who "Care" so much, that you have proven in your own words and thoughts that JMU is considered more important over the DEATHS of PEOPLE.

Do you get it yet?

To make it even more simple for you dumb-asses --- the thread should never have been titled "JMU - 5 student deaths in one month"...How about "In memory of John Q."? --- One for EACH PERSON - you have reduced these people to a GROUP of 5 JMU students and taken away their actual, individual and personal identities that deserve to be highlighted, celebrated and respected.

NOT SOME FUCKING SCHOOL!

A Minor Threat

Posted by: The Truth11 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:33PM

PPP,

Dr. Lewis called. It's time to take your meds again. Stop the mental masturbation and go back to class. With any luck you'll get accepted into a community college upon graduation from HS.

-The Truth

Posted by: God Damn ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:47PM

I dont have a dog in this fight, but holy shit we must have a ton of rookie posters on here. Memorializing the dead on FFU is the worst idea ever and produces a hilarious amount of banter.

Posted by: Randall ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:31AM

The families of the injured victims should contact my lawyer Demetry Pikrallidas. Number is 703-267-2600, website www.PIKLAW.com.

Posted by: DukeForever ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:18AM

I truly don't understand how some of you are so disrespectful. Yes, you have a point that the school's image has been the focus in this situation instead of the actual deaths, however you seriously took it too far. Really though..what are you trying to gain from this? Do you feel absolutely no remorse at all downgrading a person's life and completely turning their death into something negative? Do you enjoy starting trouble from this unfortunate event? I mean come on, just leave it alone. Yes you have the right to freedom of speech, whatever blah blah blah, but all you're using it for your own selfish reasons, which that I'm not too sure of. You're opinion is respected but, to put it simple, why are you being so mean? Dude just let it go. I don't know your life and I'm not claiming to, but if you had someone close to you pass away or someone from your community that a lot of people knew, would you be saying these hateful things about yourself? Please consider someone else's feeling before you say hurtful things about people or a situation. Just please stop.

Date: November 18, 2011 03:16AM

Randall Wrote:
> The families of the injured victims should contact
> my lawyer Demetry Pikrallidas. Number is
> 703-267-2600, website www.PIKLAW.com.

Now this is funny...

A Minor Threat

Date: November 18, 2011 03:43AM

DukeForever Wrote:
> I truly don't understand how some of you are so
> disrespectful. Yes, you have a point that the
> school's image has been the focus in this
> situation instead of the actual deaths, however
> you seriously took it too far. Really though..what
> are you trying to gain from this? Do you feel
> absolutely no remorse at all downgrading a
> person's life and completely turning their death
> into something negative? Do you enjoy starting
> trouble from this unfortunate event? I mean come
> on, just leave it alone. Yes you have the right to
> freedom of speech, whatever blah blah blah, but
> all you're using it for your own selfish reasons,
> which that I'm not too sure of. You're opinion is
> respected but, to put it simple, why are you being
> so mean? Dude just let it go. I don't know your
> life and I'm not claiming to, but if you had
> someone close to you pass away or someone from
> your community that a lot of people knew, would
> you be saying these hateful things about yourself?
> Please consider someone else's feeling before you
> say hurtful things about people or a situation.
> Just please stop.

I would be pissed if a friend of mine died and someone started a thread that had JMU BEFORE their name - disrespectful and the focus is on the school - NOT THE PERSON.

I have proven with no doubt to be had that these posters are more concerned about the image of their school over the deceased --- this is a fact and it makes me cringe that people can be so shallow and self-centered.

The first post was to ruffle feathers and draw attention to this ridiculous way society reports death. Taking away the identities of the individuals and grouping, labeling and basically taking away any sign of the actual people who have died. This is unacceptable to me and I will point it out so it is GLARING to all the people who can not edit their posts and have to go back and read them only to say "Holy Shit - all I did was talk about the school!"

Notice there are NO POSTS about the actual people who have passed - save for maybe the way they died. Is that acceptable to you? Is it OK that they have been stripped any respect and are a NUMBER or ANOMALY that is oh so bad for the school? Is it OK that 95% of the posts are actually about the school? Is it not the saddest thing to have someone sign off "Duke for Life" like that is what these people want to be categorized as --- just some dead people that are related to a school?

I will give another simple example:

5 employees from Borders Bookstore died last month - is the idiotic headline.

The responses are not of the people who died but the only thing you read is --- Oh, Borders is my favorite store. --- Is it safe at the Bookstore anymore? --- Hope this does not hurt business for Borders. --- Borders is not responsible for their deaths and should not lose any of their great reputation. --- Borders Bookworm for Life. ----- Sound silly and idiotic? It is...and this is the exact thing that this thread has done to these people.

YES - it pisses me off that society does not value these people enough to show some respect --- and not sensationalize the events into a JMU centric concern.

Read the title of this thread and the posts and you will see whom is "downgrading" these people and their families.

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2011 08:22PM by postpoppunk.

Posted by: Cell Phone ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:08AM

I heard the latest fatality was caused when the young lady walked in front of a bus and was busy on her cell phone. She crossed the road against the light.

Date: November 18, 2011 09:44AM

Fucking cell phones murder again.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:11PM

Sad Wrote:
> Most
> recently, on November 15th at 10:40pm, a female
> student was killed when a bus ran her over at a
> busy intersection.

Hmm, there are no "busy intersections" in Harrisonburg, especially at 10:40pm on a Tuesday night.

Posted by: Dookie ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:18PM

"May the souls of our fallen Dukes rest in peace."

Puh-lease...

I can't read drivel like that without snorting my scotch-and-soda through my nose from laughing so much.

Posted by: Sheinbein ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:26PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> Sad Wrote:
> -----
> > Most
> > recently, on November 15th at 10:40pm, a female
> > student was killed when a bus ran her over at a
> > busy intersection.
>
>
> Hmm, there are no "busy intersections" in
> Harrisonburg, especially at 10:40pm on a Tuesday
> night.

The intersection wasn't busy, the girl was busy on her cell phone.

Kids today are so infatuated with that device.

Posted by: please... ()
Date: December 01, 2011 04:37PM

everyone...please stop comparing everything tragic on a college campus to Virginia Tech. It really isn't necessary. I am sorry for the loss of these JMU students, and I deeply sympathize with the families.

A VT student

Posted by: Herman M. ()
Date: December 20, 2011 09:48PM

When I heard about this tragic accident, the one liner stated, "The bus driver had the right of way". Most accidents can be avoided.My first reaction was anger. The DMV taught me that the pedestrian always has the right of way. I've visited this campus and had to jump to the curb to avoid a speeding bus.These drivers have an extra responsibility drivng a large, heavy vehicle. If they can't see someone in the street because of the conditions, then slow down.I wanted to send a sympathy card to the family. I learned all the information about this student was deleted to avoid accidentally sending literature from the school to the family. It might remind them. A parent never forgets the loss of a child.Also, there is a privacy law that won't allow it. I quess there's always a predator who preys on the mourning and weak.I hope my weeping and prayer can be heard."There is a sobbing of the strong and pall upon the nation. But the people in their weeping bare the iron hand. Beware the people weeping that bare the iron hand"

Posted by: Deity ()
Date: December 20, 2011 11:17PM

Good post.

Posted by: Tommy ()
Date: August 06, 2012 12:20AM

Very sad to see any young people die....But on the bright side atleast JMU didn't have a demented Gook go on a mass killing spree like that other school in Virginia did.

Posted by: tommy ()
Date: August 06, 2012 12:25AM

Yep no need to panic as they were just tragic accidental deaths.

Now if some crazed gook goes on a killing spree like at that other school in Virginia than it's a whole different matter! And you should be afraid.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: August 06, 2012 08:52AM

If people enough are killed every year, then the reputation of those who graduate without dying is that of a bad ass. I mean think about it, "yeah, my class started at 5000 but 3500 died; however, I made it out alive. Hire me bitch"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.