HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Looking for a decent realtor in the Burke/Fairfax Station area.
Posted by: Getting ready to sell ()
Date: November 13, 2011 12:12PM

I want a good, honest and hard working realtor who will help me sell my home fast and for the right price.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for a decent realtor in the Burke/Fairfax Station area.
Posted by: jdwalker ()
Date: November 13, 2011 12:58PM

Gloria Banks, 703-244-9767. She's a Re/Max realtor.

Posted by: Mike Banual ()
Date: November 13, 2011 08:00PM

Search yhr net.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2011 08:57PM by Mike Banual.

Posted by: Ann ()
Date: November 13, 2011 08:25PM

Call Rob and Sam Hardman with Keller Williams Realty....father son team, both Veterans and are amazing!! 703.801.6599

Posted by: Nadia ()
Date: November 13, 2011 09:00PM

Call Maureen Almaleki she will get
the job done ! Weichert Fairoaks

Posted by: Barbar Jacobs ()
Date: November 13, 2011 09:16PM

I recommend Tracy Jones and Dee Dee Phillips with Acquire Realestate. You will be hard pressed to find two better realtors. They work together as a team and since they are with a smaller company are able to devote a lot of time to your home.
I have Dee Dee's number: 703-635-0188. You should give them a call. You'll be pleased.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: November 14, 2011 08:45AM

Bruce & Tanya Tyburski
703-239-2525

Posted by: open eyez ()
Date: November 14, 2011 09:34AM

Dude, decent and realtor do NOT go together in the same sentence. People grow up wanting to become doctors, lawyers, policemen, etc. No one ever wanted to grow up to be a realtor - they "become" realtors when all else fails, or, they are simply bored out of their minds. Burn the house, collect the insurance.

Posted by: Jim Kelley ()
Date: November 14, 2011 02:10PM

A lender in Northern Virginia and past client of mine asked me to reply to your request for a decent (I hope I am a lot better then decent) real estate agent. I have lived and worked in Fairfax/Fairfax Station area for over 30 years and my past clients feel I am pretty good at what I do. I have been with Re/Max for the past 10 years and would be glad to give you an honest evaluation of your property. I will not sugar coat it but will give you an honest evaluation based on statistics and experience.
If what you want is an honest, ethical and hard working agent that will be truthful with you look no further.
I can be reached at JKelleyRealtor@aol.com or by call at 703-409-1191

Posted by: Mike00000 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 08:45PM

Whatever Realtor you use, make sure that they show you their sales history for the last 2 years. There are lots of Realtors that have been in the business for 10 years and sell one or two homes a year. An MLS printout will have their names as either the selling agent or listing agent. If they can't show you at least 6 or 8 per year, they don't do much business. (90% of agents sell less than 2 per year) Once lsited check up on them. Make sure that your property is listed on all of the major sites. Just google your address. Also, you want to see MANY photos showing off the property's strong points. Lazy agents list with limited and poor photos. Have a few friends call them to see if they answer their phone or return VM quickly.

Posted by: Mike00000 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 08:55PM

I just looked up Jim Kelley in the MLS. He has done a lot of business over the last 2 years. More from the buyer side, but he lists as well. Give him a shot.

Posted by: Advice ()
Date: November 14, 2011 10:41PM

Remember, the amount of money you walk away with is second only to being protected from future liability. Therefore:

Involve a lawyer early, before signing the listing agreement.

Commissions in this areas vary from 2% to 6% with some agents even advertising 7% so they can knock it down to give you a "good deal." When houses cost $100K, 6% made sense. Not any more.

Check out this website. I have no idea how he is in real life, but I like what he writes: http://franklyrealty.com/

Posted by: More Advice ()
Date: November 14, 2011 11:15PM

Imagine you want to buy a house in your area. Go to the real estate housefinder web sites. Find the listings that would cause you to want to look at them. Those are the listing agents you want to interview.

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: November 15, 2011 06:17PM

Leslie Overholt Carter of Carter Real Estate 703-587-4585.

Posted by: Sold or Bought (5) houses from Integrity Real Estate ()
Date: November 15, 2011 07:22PM

Greg Stiger, along with his Wife Connie, is a true “personal” Realtor. He is brutally honest and just good people who are exceptionally trustworthy. They will NEVER to anything other than what is right for their customer.

I am not a commercial, and as God as my witness I do not, nor have I ever worked for Greg in any capacity. I have known him for 25+ years and he is a great man.

Trust me when I say he is a one of a kind Realtor.

http://www.gowithintegrity.com/about-2/company-history/

Cell - 571.233.7895

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.