HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another Police Impersonator?
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:15AM

What is with all these Police impersonators in the county? Over the past year there have been about 7 reported and three caught in FFX county.

Possible Police Impersonator
An 18-year-old Burke woman was stopped by a possible police impersonator shortly before 10 p.m. on Saturday, January 19. The victim was traveling southbound on the Fairfax County Parkway near Lee Highway when a burgundy compact car pulled up behind her with a blue light flashing on the dashboard. The victim pulled over and the driver of the compact stopped behind her. The driver got out and approached the victim, asked for her driver’s license and went back to his car. After a few moments, the suspect came back to the victim’s car, handed her license back and told her to drive more carefully. The victim was not injured. The suspect returned to his car and drove away.

The suspect was described as white, in his 30s, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 140 pounds. He wore a tan shirt and black pants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Police Impersonator?
Posted by: Gasbutt ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:42AM

Thats because it is so cool to be FCPD. Running around harassing people over these DUMBASS stupid pages of stickersthat have to be on your car. Virginia has for years not only charged outrageous property tax on vehicles, but once it is paid you had to show a sticker, which you had to pay 25 bucks for, because if you did not you would get a ticket for not displaying a county, and in my book thats called EXTORTION!!! Wow,,,,,,all in one breath! I feel better now

Posted by: Stickerless ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:46AM

Gasbutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats because it is so cool to be FCPD. Running
> around harassing people over these DUMBASS stupid
> pages of stickersthat have to be on your car.
> Virginia has for years not only charged outrageous
> property tax on vehicles, but once it is paid you
> had to show a sticker, which you had to pay 25
> bucks for, because if you did not you would get a
> ticket for not displaying a county, and in my book
> thats called EXTORTION!!! Wow,,,,,,all in one
> breath! I feel better now

Not sure where you have been, Dude, but we don't have stickers in Fairfax. Not a huge fan of Gerry "the Con Man" Connolly, but I've got to give him credit for accomplishing that task.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:13PM

Does anyone think that we would not be having so many police impersonators successfully pulling people over , IF, the county didnt make it a matter of course to use unmarked vehicles just to do traffic enforcement..

But I know I stopped myself right there in the first 3 words of this post.."Does anyone think" , that would be a big "NO"

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:26PM

Yikes. Hopefully this guy isnt some stalker/burglar/other bad thing. Our addresses are on our licenses! :(

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:37PM

We also might not have so many impersonators if everyone was taught from grade school about the basic rules of dealing with the cops, and knew that they can request a uniformed officer come to a scene where a plainclothes is dealing with them...

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:52PM

Certainly there are some impersonators out there as evidenced by the recent arrest of 19 year old boy.

However, I don't think there are as many impersonators as the media leads us to believe. Consider the multitude of law enforcement agencies in the region. Not all of these agencies communicate well with each other.

This very well may have been a legitimate law officer. Really nothing in that press release stands out as an inappropriate behavior if it was a real officer. The girl may have been driving like an idiot (of course she will never admit this since there is only one side of the story) and was stopped by a legitimate officer from any variety of agencies in the area. Perhaps that officer wasn't on duty and didn't feel like issuing a ticket, or perhaps issuing tickets isn't what that officer normally does, but due to whatever driving behavior the girl exhibited the "phony" stopped her to bring it to her attention.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:24PM

Your two cents is probably worth more 4 cents. Good point.

It is a little scary that the FCPD press statement says "Possible Police Impersonator." That does imply that the FCPD has no way of verifying the stop. Certainly makes me wonder how well all the law enforcement agencies communicate around here.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: January 25, 2008 08:54AM

Steve, you do have excellent points, but my sentiment still stands.. people should know they can call the police and request a uniformed cop to the scene...

Posted by: someonemakealist ()
Date: January 25, 2008 10:22AM

police impersonators, another thing you could add to a YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN FAIRFAX COUNTY WHEN...

AM I RIGHT FOLKS????

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: January 25, 2008 10:31AM

i hate you

Posted by: someonemakealist ()
Date: January 25, 2008 10:42AM

fuck off fagbag

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.