HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
To all County Residents, you need to know your Sheriff.
Posted by: Beenaroundawhile ()
Date: October 19, 2011 07:29PM

There has been much back and forth on several of the threads here but the residents of Fairfax deserve to know who sits in their office. While the average citizen may not care about the daily operations of the sheriff's office what is important is what elected officials do with the public's trust.

Forgive me for attempting to maintain some anonymity but retaliation when challenging the status quo within the sheriff's office is reality.

I hope that in the coming days some light will be shed on specifics so that as each Fairfax resident casts their vote they might do so with confidence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To all County Residents, you need to know your Sheriff.
Date: October 20, 2011 11:15AM

The sheriff several years ago attempted to end the "Deputy Sheriff's Coalition".

The sheriff's office during that budget cycle DID NOT seek to ensure it's staff would receive the same pay raise the Fire Department and Police Department were pursuing and got.

Instead the sheriff and or office actively pursued increasing the the pay for the sheriff, an ordnance change that would increase the amount of retirement (pay) the then chief deputy would receive, having retired from the police department. Additional positions (deputies) were sought and that was it.

No effort was exerted until several deputies through the local got involved and discovered this. The then chairman specifically stated that the sheriff's office asked for three things, a pay raise for Stan, ordnance change and additional positions.

When the local came out with this information the attacks began.
The sheriff put out his video calling the leadership "a liar or incompetent". He went on in the video to attack the local and made a clear call that membership should drop out. He even went so far as to put up on the departments intra-net service a "Form" that could be filled out to drop out of the union.

Membership did drop, while ranking members in the "Sheriff's Office Human Resources" section maintained a "Hot List" of deputies who were dropping out.

Personal attacks continued on "the leadership" of the local. The sheriff promised in a meeting with the chairman of the board, several other key members and the president of the local that he would put out a tape retracting his prior but never did.

You have to understand that the tape the sheriff made, on county time with county resources, each member of the sheriff's off was made to watch this. If a deputy was absent when the video was shown that deputy was pulled aside during work and shown the video. Staff who were seeking promotions were even encouraged to drop out. The efforts went even further.

On August 10th the sheriff held his official kick off and in attendance is depicted in a photo the current union president. The significance here is that the sheriff recently put out a video forbidding anyone from campaigning while on duty. It is believed that "Administrative Leave" was taken by this staff member the same evening he was scheduled to work. A certain amount of "Administrative Leave" is granted to employee groups for training and other uses. However, to use this leave to attend a political would be a direct violation of county policy and the sheriff's directive.

As a member of the local the process of endorsement was cloaked and know one I know of knows what the process was nor was any information on the candidates made available to any member. It also has made no sense why the leadership of the local would move to endorse a candidate when two of the candidates were involved in a primary election.

This is not even the beginning of the political maneuvering and struggles that go on within this office. Firings, demotions, and even expulsions of supervisors from committee groups who simply disagreed.

The public is deserving and should know with whom they give their trust.

Posted by: Doubt it ()
Date: October 20, 2011 01:33PM

Dude. This is fairfax county. Not New Orleans.

Date: October 20, 2011 02:10PM

Everything stated is fact. There's more to come.

Posted by: open eyez ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:39PM

But will these eyes continue to just get heavier and heavier?

Posted by: Maine ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:47PM

You clearly did not proofread your draft post. Since you took the time to draft the post, you probably should have taken a few extra minutes to proofread before posting. Also, public sector unions (which is basically what the "local" you refer to in your post) suck.

Beenaroundawhile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There has been much back and forth on several of
> the threads here but the residents of Fairfax
> deserve to know who sits in their office. While
> the average citizen may not care about the daily
> operations of the sheriff's office what is
> important is what elected officials do with the
> public's trust.
>
> Forgive me for attempting to maintain some
> anonymity but retaliation when challenging the
> status quo within the sheriff's office is reality.
>
>
> I hope that in the coming days some light will be
> shed on specifics so that as each Fairfax resident
> casts their vote they might do so with confidence.

Posted by: r ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:43PM

the more i read about this guy the more im not liking him..... welcome to "A floor" barry hope you enjoy loaf..............

Date: October 21, 2011 08:20AM

The sheriff’s office fired a deputy for excessive force based on what one supervisor said he saw. The supervisor said he saw something occur through one of the monitoring cameras but it is common knowledge amongst staff that you cannot see the area the supervisor described.

Knowing this the sheriff’s office went forward with this all the way to the civil service hearing board. During the two day hearing, on day two several supervisors and high ranking command staff members along with internal affairs recreated the scenario. They discovered in this eleventh hour that in fact the supervisor could not possibly have seen what he described and further swore that he saw.

See, the sheriff’s office had information that would have exonerated the accused and proven the supervisor in question to have lied, but the sheriff’s office chose to bury this newly tested and found evidence and proceed as if they had never known. Suppression?

I offer this question: What would have happened if this had been a case in the Virginia Court system and the prosecutor was hiding evidence?

Honor, Courage, Service. . . Integrity is what's missing.

Posted by: reality ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:26AM

Dont get too excited about who the Sheriff in Faifax is, the Police Department keeps you safe, the Sheriffs Department just guards the criminals the cops bring to them. This isnt Loudon, they are just just well paid jailers and courthouse security guards. Most of these posts are from deputies with axes to grind or fearful of what happens when " theres a new Sheriff in town".

Posted by: snoop dizzle ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:58AM

If by criminals you mean illegals and drunks/homeless county residents, then you would be correct. Being that all Fairfax L.E. attends the exact same academy and maintains all the arrest powers as the P.D. I would say calling those Deputies simply jailers or security guards would be a stretch at best. So, the next time you find yourself pulled over at a parking garage to "type a report" and decide to respond to a call for a homeless dude sleeping at your local coffee spot; those well paid security guards probably help pull that drunk individual from your vehicle and keep the bad man from confronting the hard working police man. They all serve the same purpose, public safety. Some of them just have a greater sense of entitlement than others.

Posted by: been there longer ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:07AM

Hmmmm..., and how many criminal arrests and traffic accidents did the Sheriffs dept investigate with all that training from their academy last year. I would love to see a number. I thought so. Just keep the doors locked.

Date: October 21, 2011 09:13AM

Reality,
There is only one person posting (Not commenting) here and there is no axe grinding but rather sharing factual information with the citizens of Fairfax that otherwise they would never know. That's why I started this entry.

Fact is the Sheriffs office does play a critical role in the judicial and law enforcement process here in Fairfax. If you truly want to debate who keeps who safe I suggest we have that debate on a different line.

Posted by: reality ya ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:29AM

You are trying to convince or scare people into thinking that the old Sheriff versus a new Sheriff is really going to impact their lives when in fact it really only affects the employees. The police Department I worked for went through 6 police chiefs during the course of my career, with each change their was no adjustment in service to our customers , the public. We did things, but not many, differently with each change. My point is dot dont try to inform or misinform the public because you dont like the old boss or the new boss, thats politics. Airing your dirty laundry to the public if anything discredits professionalism within an agency and union.

Posted by: snoop double dizzle ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:52AM

been there longer Wrote:
> Hmmmm..., and how many criminal arrests and
> traffic accidents did the Sheriffs dept
> investigate with all that training from their
> academy last year. I would love to see a number. I
> thought so. Just keep the doors locked.

( said with a whiny, old, raspy voice) "how many traffic accidents have the sheriff's worked? huh....well, I'd love to see the numbers!!!" I suppose Been there longer, has always been the confrontational type and raises an obvious point. Good for you sir, now you can go back to being the most important person in your life.

Posted by: snoop drip ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:05AM

Well you suppose wrong, Im guessing I could probably still outrun most of those magnificent specimens that make the judges coffee and make sure they are not interupted while in the bathroom .You guys never miss a meal do ya? Oh and thanks for pulling the HANDCUFFED prisoners from my car. Hope you didnt hurt your back

Posted by: Da Original snoop dizzle ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:25AM

Snoop Drip, you sound like a proud and physically fit dude. I have my doubts about you being able to out run anything, especially since I guarantee your gut hangs about a foot below your belt and have probably cried for help when the 5'2'' 105lbs tough guy has kicked out your window and he is "DANGEROUS" Go pretend you make any difference in life and admit to being resigned to simply hoping that Chipotle will still give you a discount on that burrito bowl you shovel into that bottomless pit you call a stomach.

Posted by: Duder "Da Dude" Dudester ()
Date: October 21, 2011 11:11AM

Hey all you vivacious dudes!!! I just heard you dudes discussing fitness!!! Let me tell you that my quads and glutes are growing at alarming rate due to deep squats and deadlifts, all lower reps, and high weight of course. What about my insanly ripped lats and upper back, you ask? I prefer a wide-grip version of pull ups, reps not going lower than 6. Not only does this deliver an intense workout for your back, it also duals as a mega bicep workout as well! Any good work out demands a healthy diet, sugars, carbs, and other free radicals are the enemy!!! So I have attached one of my favorite receips below (yummy, yummy):

Simple Creamy "Chicken" and Dumpling Soup with Gnocchi

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

3 large leeks
2 tablespoons oil
3 large ribs celery, chopped (include leafy tops, as they have tons of flavor)
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups vegetable broth
1 (12 ounce) package vegan chicken strips, cut into chunks
1 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)
1 (17 1/2 ounce) package vegan gnocchi

Directions:

1. To prepare leeks, cut tough green tops off ends and discard. Slice leeks down the middle and into half-moon pieces. Rinse half-moon pieces well, as leeks are full of sand.

2. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, add oil and cook celery and leeks for about 7 minutes. Add bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Add vegetable broth and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.

3. Add sliced "chicken" strips and cook for 10 more minutes. Remove bay leaves, and add milk to soup pot. Cook on medium heat until the soup comes to a boil, about 10 to 15 minutes.

4. Turn heat off but don't remove from the stove. Stir in gnocchi, cover pot, and let sit for about 10 minutes until gnocchi is cooked. Serve and enjoy.

You can freeze this for up to a month, thaw it in the fridge, reheat, and serve!

Source of recipe: Inspired from a Rachael Ray magazine.

Makes: 4-6 servings, Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 45 minutes

Hopefully this post helps you out, please post your diet and workouts, and also your starting weight. We can correspond with each so everyone can live super duper healthy life!!!!!

Posted by: snoop D-O double gizzle ()
Date: October 21, 2011 11:34AM

It appears that this post has gone off topic, perhaps "been there longer" is taking a deep look inside himself and truly can't find any redeeming quality about himself. Thanks for the recipe DUDE, my workouts of late have included alot of lower body work and I am begining to have some discomfort in my joints. Don't really know if my form is too precise or I just need to stop slinging around so much iron. If I could add one more ingredient to your Chicken dumplings, it would be bacon. Everything is better when bacon is involved.

Date: October 21, 2011 11:39AM

Reality,
The last that I'll address with you is that you are an example of status quo. By what you say exposing corruption or violations of the public trust is airing dirty laundry. So as with the latest scandal "Fast and Furious" those agents were wrong, unprofessional and guilty of airing dirty laundry in public.

During the election process those that hold office should be held accountable. They should be able to answer the tough questions and every voter deserves to know as much about the candidates as possible.

"You are trying to convince or scare people into thinking that the old Sheriff versus a new Sheriff is really going to impact their lives when in fact it really only affects the employees". By this statement you greatly underestimate and demean the Sheriff's Office. I suggest you investigate all that the Sheriff's Office is responsible for and does. The fact is the incumbent has served three terms, in addition to his (20 or so) service years and then entered into DROP. The abuses that have occurred violate the public trust and simply turning a blind eye to these only endorses these as continued practices.

Posted by: Duder "Da Dude" Dudester ()
Date: October 21, 2011 12:33PM

Excellent question snoop D-O double gizzle !!! Joint discomfort is fairly common aliement of fellow body builders and powerlifters such as ourselves. I recommend a health dose of glucosamine chondroitin, take about 2000 mg a day. Also, try switching to body weight workouts, including pushups, squats, and various abdominal excercises. Snoop, if you wish to switch to bacon, may I recommend turkey bacon, its healthier for your heart. Heart health is UBER important.

Beenaroundahile sounds like a real fuddy-duddy and a real party pooper!!! Let's turn that frown upside-down young man!!! What's your BMI? What's your bench? Do you have any experince with Olympic lifting? I think you suffer from a multitude of health issues, and it sounds like your giving yourself ulcers from all that stress from work, so I attached a delicious parfait recipie that will change your outlook on life!!!!

Ingredients
2 cups plain yogurt
2 cups your favorite granola
2 cups fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries (hulled and sliced), and/or other fruit such as bananas, peaches or mangos, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons honey
Directions
Line up 4 parfait, white wine, or other tall glasses.

Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt into each glass and smooth surface.

Spoon 2 tablespoons of granola overtop and smooth surface.

Spoon 2 tablespoons of fruit overtop and smooth surface.

Repeat the process, adding a bit of honey here and there, to taste.

I'm so titalated that there multiple dudes exchanging in our little conversation about healthy living!!!

Posted by: Phoenix ()
Date: October 21, 2011 05:22PM

Guys, stop all this unnecessary banter. Deputies have a very dangerous job. If they were to get stabbed by a plastic spoon, they could very well die and not make it home from their shift which is in a very controlled environment. It is not their fault that they are on the lowest rung of public safety in our great county.

Posted by: fuufna0 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 05:08AM

glad you asked that question I brought in exactly 1 million dollars to OUR county. numerous traffic stops accidents etc. how much did your little DIP charge bring us? no the facts before you open your mouth. undoubtedly rookie.

Posted by: city cop retired ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:12AM

Phoenix Wrote:
> Guys, stop all this unnecessary banter. Deputies
> have a very dangerous job. If they were to get
> stabbed by a plastic spoon, they could very well
> die and not make it home from their shift which is
> in a very controlled environment. It is not their
> fault that they are on the lowest rung of public
> safety in our great county.

We used to call them "Brown Clown's" they are one knotch above a rent-a-cop. But hey the world needs guys like that to do the mindless chores in the courts and jail. One job they do which I always thought would be fun is prisoner transport, Drive to another state, party like hell then pick up a prisoner and bring him in from another jail somewhere. Fun roadtrips at taxpayer expence!

Posted by: Da 1 an only.....Snoop Dizzle ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:13PM

city cop retired Wrote:
>
> We used to call them "Brown Clown's" they are one
> knotch above a rent-a-cop. But hey the world needs
> guys like that to do the mindless chores in the
> courts and jail. One job they do which I always
> thought would be fun is prisoner transport, Drive
> to another state, party like hell then pick up a
> prisoner and bring him in from another jail
> somewhere. Fun roadtrips at taxpayer expence!

City cop, I am in no way surprised by your truly hurtful comments about those hard working "brown clowns". I bet when you would sit around and come up with those clever jokes and laugh amongst your fellow city dudes, that when one of you actually came up with something remotely funny; you all would laugh and your titanic bellies would shake. Good luck on your much deserved retirement and as you find yourself sinking further into obesity, remember those good ole days, and remember that fart hammers like you will never really amonut to much more sack of loose skin and recalling days when you were slightly entertaining.

Posted by: Dat Daper Duder "Da Dude" Dudester ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:28PM

How wonderfully delightful!!! More dudes are putting up comments in regards to their physical fitness!! I am so over come with joy, words can not express!! Well to answer your question city cop, over coming obesity is an uphill struggle, but worry not! Here's a workout you should start ASAP!!

Beginners can train their core by simply squatting, deadlifting and overhead pressing. That will be enough for them. Advanced guys who want to bring up their squats and deads need more ab work, though. Lots more. The worlds strongest lifters do quite a bit of loaded abdominal work. Some of the best choices are Power Wheel rollouts, partial range Turkish get ups, Janda sit ups, decline sit ups, hanging knee/leg raises, suitcase deadlifts, 1 arm farmers walks, Pallof presses, anti rotation cable exercises and full contact twists.

Once your done working a hot sweat, here's tasty recipe you can make to replenish your body of all those oh-so important nutrients that you lost:

Smoked Corn and Crab Chowder with Mount Gay Rum

Prep Time: 20 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: 30 min Level:
Intermediate Serves:
12 servings Ingredients
12 Jonah crabs
2 cups potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
1 cup onion, finely diced
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
1/4 cup red pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup green pepper, finely diced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 gallon half-and-half
2 cups hickory smoked corn (from 6 ears corn)
1-ounce sherry pepper sauce (recommended: Outerbridges Sherry Pepper Sauce)
1-ounce rum (recommend: Mount Gay)
Paprika, for garnish
Directions
Fill a large stockpot with 1 gallon water. Bring water to a boil, add the crabs, and cook until tender and cooked through. Remove crabs when done and set aside to cool. Over high heat, reduce the cooking liquid until 1 quart remains to make crab stock. When crabs are cool enough, pick the crabmeat and reserve (should yield about 1 pound of meat).

Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until al dente. Drain and then place potatoes in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Melt the butter over medium-low heat in the same saucepan. Add onion, celery, red and green peppers, and saute until tender. Add flour and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add crab stock, potatoes, half-and-half, smoked corn, sherry pepper sauce, rum, and crabmeat, and cook until all heated through. Garnish with paprika.

Way to go guys, and keep those success stories of healthy living coming!!!!

Posted by: don't call it a come back....Snoop dizzle ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:05PM

I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate you, I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only you - Silky Johnson.

Posted by: Squirrel tamer with a squirt ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:42AM

Boys!!!

I must say as of late my explosive power/agility combination training has resulted in a 10" gain in my vertical leaping ability. Along with my agileness i can now turn on a dime and not get crossed up. Im just waiting for the NBA lockout to end so I can declare my self elligable for the National Basketball Association draft. If I prove myself I believe i might go late first maybe early second round. But i digress.

Box jumps for 30 seconds on a 18" box followed by sprinting side to side to and fro the designated cones. Makes one accumulate sweat at an alarming rate (See through T-shirt anyone!? LOL) I find jumping rope can definately cause your cardiovascular endurance to peak at an all time. Occasionally i will even train on mountain tops to train in thinner air. Just make sure your above 6000 ft or above sea level cuz thats where the air really starts thinning. The lack of oxygen improves endurance so when you go back down to sea level you can handle much more arduous tasks.

The calf area of any legendary basketball player is of utmost import. Donkey Calf Raises, Calf raises, and weighted step ups are my recommendations.

I don't know any good recipes off the top of my head so i will google one.

I found this on the Womans Day website recipe collection:

Seared White Fish with Olive Relish and Lemon Mashed Potatoes Recipe

Active Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Serves: 4

Add some zing to mild white fish by pairing it with a piquant relish of green olives, parsley, lemon juice and olives. Serve with this update on mashed potatoes, which uses olive oil and lemon zest instead of cream and butter, for a flavor-packed dinner.

Recipe Ingredients
1 1/2 lb medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 2-in. pieces
Kosher salt and pepper
2 tsp fresh lemon zest
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 cup large pitted green olives, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
4 6-oz pieces skinless white fish fillet (such as cod, striped bass or halibut)
Recipe Preparation
Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt, reduce heat and simmer until just tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Mash with the lemon zest, 2 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and 2 Tbsp of the reserved cooking liquid (adding more liquid if necessary).
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the parsley, olives, almonds, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper (if using) and 2 Tbsp oil; set aside.
Heat the remaining Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the mashed potatoes and relish.

Thanks and wish me luck going foward in my Professional Basketball career. Be back soon with some workout training updates. K C ya...

Posted by: Citizen X ()
Date: October 23, 2011 09:39AM

Pretty obvious that someone doesn't want this thread to continue. Why's that? You destroy it with inane posts of recipes? Please. You're validating the fact that Stan Barry is going to be trounced. I know it must be hard for you, but try to have a little dignity. Your tactics and behavior have been a predominant theme for 12 years. Your time is up. The Sheriffs Office belongs to the citizens.

Re-Elect Barry
Posted by: Oldies but Goodies ()
Date: October 23, 2011 11:52AM

Re-elect Barry

Posted by: 20 year SO employee ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:22PM

As you may have guessed "beenaroundawhile" is the former union president. He is frustrated that his opinion is irrelevant. No one cares what he thinks.

Date: October 23, 2011 03:57PM

Try again 20-something. . . you have two guesses remaining!

Posted by: I'm Interested ()
Date: October 23, 2011 10:04PM

I'd love to hear what the former union leader thinks. Considering that the current one seems very dim witted.

Posted by: Unionmember ()
Date: October 26, 2011 04:34PM

Dear I'm Interested,
I'm not sure what the prior leadership would say. . .

But what I can tell you is the current leadership provided no information to it's members on the candidates.

The current leadership nor the sheriff has provided any information as to why he deserves any endorsement. This especially after his anti-union efforts. No real unionist would ever had endorsed any candidate who tried so purposefully to end their local.

The current president even filed a grievance against the sheriff not long ago on his own behalf, so what has happened.

Well again the sheriff nor the president of the local have addressed this.

We know that the president was present at the "Sheriff's Kick Off", a political event, when he was scheduled to work that day having used administrative leave/county leave. This a direct violation of several rules and the sheriff's own directive. Nothing has come of this to date nor have they had to answer for it.

This type of entitled attitude is prevalent far to often in our political officials and is prevalent throughout our own sheriff's office.

The sheriff nor the president of the local have been asked the hard questions nor have they addressed them on their own. So, I believe it's politics as usual with back room deals and endorsements bought for favors.

Consider the issue of drop. . . Where does the "Chairwoman's sister work"?

Posted by: sleeper ()
Date: October 27, 2011 08:24PM

She works in the medical section, she got hired about the same time Barry got his raise, and the chiefs got theirs...

Oh yeah, it was the same time you lost pay parody and became the lowest paid members on the public safety group.

HONOR! COURAGE! SERVICE!

Posted by: The big deal ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:01AM

Its about political patronage really, who runs the jails, courtroom security, supoena ability for civil cases. That's it. The County PD do a lot more, no diss against the Sheriffs dept, but on day to day interactions, the county PD (Munipal setting, thank God unlike Loudoun) do regular duties

Posted by: Sheriffs Office Employee ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:40PM

Sheriff Candidate Cooper violating my privacy
Posted by: Sheriffs Office Employee ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:19PM

Can someone tell me how retired Sheriff's Employee Bill Cooper gained access to my private home address? I work in the Sheriffs Department, in the jail. I only provide my home address when legally required to do so. I have received campaign mail from Coopers campaign addressed to me as a Sheriffs Office employee. I did not give anyone permission to give my private address to Bill Cooper. He and someone in the Sheriffs Office has violated county policy and my legal right to privacy. Maybe I should check my credit report in case he has my social security number also. Cooper needs to stop claiming he is earning anyones trust and confidence. I am pissed and I know a lot of other deputies are upset about this as well. Well???

Date: October 29, 2011 11:10AM

I love how a subject can be started and then there is no real discussion about it, rather silly complaints and language that project such a positive public image of deputy sheriffs.

Posted by: 15 Year Employee ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:56AM

It not a subject to discuss. It's the teacher's pet tattling on someone. At least that how I see it. I guess I may have seen it differently if it had been explained in a manner more consistent with Honor, Courage and Service.

Posted by: Zeke Taybart ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:04PM

Pr William county Sheriff needs to overhaul many of the current processes/procedures. When I attempted to report a hit-n-run incident, they kept passing me from 1 person to another. When i finally got someone to help, they said they could not ticket the offender (even though i caught the license plate and had witnesses) because THEY didn't see it. Not the best way to handle law enforcement in my opinion.

Posted by: High Speed ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:52PM

Of course there are silly comments and everything else , it's Fairfax Underground. But besides that, the main issue here no one cares about because coming from someone who can't back up their claims with the exception of "Trust me" doesn't equate to much.

I'm not a deputy but watching all this pathetic back and forth is funny. I'm not sure what this "Honor, Courage, Service" this is but it hasn't been shown in this thread.

Posted by: tellthetruth ()
Date: October 29, 2011 03:55PM

Facts have been stated:

The chairwoman's sister got a high paying job, the sheriff got a raise.

That's a fact!

Now was this job advertised? Lets have a factual answer to that!

Posted by: tellthetruth ()
Date: October 29, 2011 03:59PM

To the President of the F.D.S.C.,

Did you take admin leave the evening of the sheriff's kick off and if so did you attend the function as depicted in the photos. . . Answer please?

Posted by: Dumb Rookie ()
Date: October 29, 2011 04:47PM

Do you really think he or most other deputies read the threads on here and if so, would even respond on it on here? Why don't you dumbasses grow a pair and file a complaint if you think something has been done wrong? This thread probably consists of the same three or four deputies who are responding under a bunch of different names pretending to me a large whole.

Posted by: 15 Year Employee ()
Date: October 29, 2011 05:48PM

Gonna have to agree with Dumb Rookie on this one.

Posted by: rememberthishomo ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:23PM

54-45...200 out of 240 preceincts..17k vote smack down..
former dumb shit-"best wishes" TOTALLY PISSED OFF-

PRICELESS!!!!

Posted by: WS oldie ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:40PM

I knew our sheriff Berry way back when. He was the biggest drug dealer in West Springfield. I'm sure Daddy has all this covered up for him. I saw him so high one day on the side of the Grand Union and he starting bullying Tommy Broyls and hit him on top of his head with his platform shoes. Split the poor kids head open. I'm sure there is a report somewhere about this because Tommy's dad was an FBI agent and would not "not" do anything because it was Stan Berry and his dad was a delagate.

Now he is in charge of the criminals that he once was......

Posted by: concealed carry permit for platforms ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:46PM

Thats goes to show what rehabilitation will get you, as well as the ability to spell correctly...

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:07PM

WS oldie Wrote:
> I knew our sheriff Berry way back when. He was the
> biggest drug dealer in West Springfield. I'm sure
> Daddy has all this covered up for him. I saw him
> so high one day on the side of the Grand Union and
> he starting bullying Tommy Broyls and hit him on
> top of his head with his platform shoes. Split the
> poor kids head open. I'm sure there is a report
> somewhere about this because Tommy's dad was an
> FBI agent and would not "not" do anything because
> it was Stan Berry and his dad was a delagate.
>
> Now he is in charge of the criminals that he once
> was......

Ha, go figure. I've never liked the guy, although as I've stated multiple times before I had a lot of respect for the previous Sheriff who I knew personally.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: IheartCats ()
Date: February 23, 2012 08:36AM

It should be stated up front that the following events are alleged to have occurred:

On February 21st the dependent of a former high ranking member of the Fairfax Sheriff’s Office appeared in court for the charges of POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA and DWI, 2ND W/I 5-10Y, BAC 15-20%. The defendant was arrested originally on July 13, 2011 but after several continuances final disposition took place February 21, 2012.

The charge (case number GT11150398-00) DWI, 2ND W/I 5-10Y, BAC 15-20% was reduced to DWI, 1st and the defendant was sentenced to 060Days with 55Days suspended. The (case number GC11147600-00) POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA was Nolle Prossed.

The defendant was then allegedly remanded into custody where she was place on “Home Arrest” for the 5 day sentence after allegedly testing positive, from a urinalysis, for marijuana. This would seem to be in direct violation or contradiction to any policy requiring such participant to first test negative for all illegal drugs prior to being allowed to enter such a program.

The story I was told was that the father made several calls regarding his child’s status and that the final call came down from on high to place the inmate into the program. All of this at this point is all alleged mind you accept for the court records.

Honor, Courage, Service, I think not and now we know why Integrity wasn’t incorporated into any such Motto.

Posted by: AllndaFamily ()
Date: February 23, 2012 11:40AM

Not surprising. . . .
Would all tax-payers get this VIP treatment?
Maybe it's a new program!?

Posted by: FXCOemployee ()
Date: February 24, 2012 04:10AM

Is this retired Buck Watkins daughter arrested again?

Posted by: Cat hater ()
Date: February 26, 2012 03:09PM

You guys are giagantic assholes. Why the hell would you put this info out? I hope the Sheriff's Office does the right thing for once, and finds your stupid asses. Unfortunately, finding you would require some effort. It disgusts me that you people are on the County payroll.

Doing Their Jobs...Working Long Hard Hours 4 The County Of FFX
Posted by: Supports County Sheriff's Officers ()
Date: February 26, 2012 03:45PM

County Sheriff's of FFX County, VA; only doing their jobs.

It is NOT right to judge and chastize them for doing their jobs well.

They are out there to fight crime, bring people to justice, bring people "OFF THE STREETS" to pay for their crimes, and encourage good, civil behavior.

Need I say more ?

Date: February 26, 2012 04:50PM

Wikipedia:

A tattletale is someone who tattles (reports others' wrongdoings), often by a child seeking attention.

Posted by: underdog ()
Date: February 26, 2012 10:54PM

So if there is a breach of office or a crime is committed no one should do anything to expose it, because that person would be guilty of being a tattletale?! That's brilliant. . . You sound like management.

Re: Doing Their Jobs...Working Long Hard Hours 4 The County Of FFX
Posted by: reality ()
Date: February 27, 2012 07:37AM

Supports County Sheriff's Officers Wrote:
> County Sheriff's of FFX County, VA; only doing
> their jobs.
>
> It is NOT right to judge and chastize them for
> doing their jobs well.
>
> They are out there to fight crime, bring people to
> justice, bring people "OFF THE STREETS" to pay for
> their crimes, and encourage good, civil behavior.
>
> Need I say more ?

You're kidding right? In Fairfax County they are glorified jailers.

Date: February 27, 2012 08:35AM

Underdog,
I suggest you expose every crime, not just the ones you get some sort of strange satisfaction from. I'm not management, but I can recognize individuals that appear falsely troubled by others' misdeeds. Your self righteousness is transparent and shallow.

Posted by: Underdog ()
Date: February 27, 2012 08:46AM

Citizen, transparent? There exsists an on going them within the office. I believe if the county residents had the insights of an employee the leadership would look very different. Plus it's humoruos the way in each of your posts you resort to name calling, transparent, shallow, tattletale, what are you 10 years old?

Date: February 27, 2012 12:23PM

Sorry dog. County residents don't care one bit about the sheriff or his business. Unless he's doing something outrageously illegal, he'll keep getting elected. It's just the way it is. These citizens would elect Jack the Ripper if he had a (D) next to his name.

Posted by: Underdog ()
Date: February 27, 2012 12:30PM

I'll agree with you on that point!
I like the hip hop reference too, but I prefer DAWG!

Posted by: I hope he's happy now ()
Date: March 04, 2012 05:08PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/virginia-politics/post/fairfax-county-boards-gop-votes-against-sheriffs-pay-hike-in-continuing-controversy-over-his-retirement-benefits/2012/01/24/gIQAeKFdOQ_blog.html

Fairfax sheriff’s pay hike get ‘no’ vote from GOP members of county board
By Fredrick Kunkle

(Fairfax County Sheriff Stan G. Barry) Republican members of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors gave a slap to Sheriff Stan Barry on Tuesday, voting against a pay hike for him to show their displeasure at his pursuit of another term last year despite having entered a retirement program that rewards participants with a lump sum and requires them to leave.

The GOP three — Supervisors John C. Cook (Braddock); Michael R. Frey (Sully); and Patrick S. Herrity (Springfield) — voted nay Tuesday when asked to approve an $8,000 raise for Barry. The motion nonetheless carried, with all seven Democratic voting in the affirmative. Barry’s new salary was set at $160,193.

Posted by: Not Cool ()
Date: March 05, 2012 12:24PM

Sounds like quite the scam.

Posted by: bl ()
Date: March 10, 2012 12:32AM

They aren't all good. Some are abusive. I spent thirty hours in their jail on a bogus charge. It was a case of mistaken identity. Many of the deputies were verbally abusive. They curse inmates in the worst kind of profanities and racial epithets. Is that how the law should work? They were extremely degrading and the allegations against me were false. So fuck them and to all who support those brown shirt jerks, fuck you too.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.