HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FUCK U CAR TAX, Subsidizer Welfare sucking assholes
Posted by: FUCK_U_WELFARE ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:02AM

Just paid it, over $1500, fuck u, just cause you have a nicer car doesn't mean you should pay this shit, if anything you should be sucking my balls and stroking my taint with your tongue because I bought a newer car and injected money into the local economy. by the way i already paid taxes to buy the fucking cars. FUCK U UUUUUUUU, Bulova and Connoley fuck faced asshole WIC illegal loving fuck faces

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FUCK U CAR TAX, Subsidizer Welfare sucking assholes
Posted by: Fuck you ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:41AM

The car tax is a state tax. Gerry Connolly is a US congressman. You are an idiot. Get over it and find something new to bitch about.

Date: October 03, 2011 12:55AM

FUCK U the teaparty will rape you

Posted by: People shouldn't vote ()
Date: October 03, 2011 05:10AM

Just like the guy who blames Obama because he "pays more in gas tax" now? Federal gas tax hasnt moved since 93. Va gas tax since 87. Yet the president somehow raised it. It is amazing that people have the nerve to be so blatantly stupid.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: October 03, 2011 06:16AM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just paid it, over $1500, fuck u,

Teehee. Serves you right for paying so much for some dopey "luxury" vehicle.

Think of it as an Idiot Tax. Like cigarette taxes.

Posted by: We're Actually Lucky ()
Date: October 03, 2011 06:21AM

Going a bit back into history, we're actually lucky that our former Republican Governor James Gilmore repealed a large portion of this car tax. The governors that followed him were unable to completely eliminate the rest of the tax.

If it were not for former Gov. Gilmore, you would have paid $4,500 in personal property taxes.

Posted by: Bull ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:24PM

Republicans may be assholes, but this car tax system is bullshit.

Date: October 03, 2011 01:09PM

Why should the government penalize people for purchasing more expensive goods. You have already purchased the item what are you exactly taxing? Does a 50k car use up more state resources then a 4k car? How can you retax something that has already been taxed?

Posted by: QuitWhining ()
Date: October 03, 2011 01:18PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> Why should the government penalize people for
> purchasing more expensive goods. You have already
> purchased the item what are you exactly taxing?
> Does a 50k car use up more state resources then a
> 4k car? How can you retax something that has
> already been taxed?

What kind of answer do you expect here?

Lots of gov't taxing has similar discrepancies. If I win $100 million lottery, I give the gov't, say $40 million in taxes. Of that $60 million left, I give $30 million to my brother. If done legally, he now has to pay taxes (say $12 million) on it. So, that money has now been taxed twice.

Does a 2,500 sq.ft. home in Great Falls use up more resources than a 2,500 sq.ft. home in Lorton. No, but the there's certainly more tax to pay on it.

You can be certain if Virginia ever eliminated the car tax, the Virginia state income tax rate would go up to comspensate. Would you prefer to live in Maryland? No car tax there, but big time county piggy back income tax.

Date: October 03, 2011 01:35PM

"You can be certain if Virginia ever eliminated the car tax, the Virginia state income tax rate would go "

Why? Spending should be cut, how can you even predict tax revenue on this item it is consumer driven and you shouldnt base your budget on 1 cent of it. We need to tea party the fuck out of the shit libs in VA you mother fucker. On top of that those assholes want to charge you more to use a credit card.

"The Federal Truth in Lending Act states: 167, (2) “No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check, or similar means.”

ASSHOLE LIBS IN EFFFECT:
"Gilmore’s plan called for a five-year phase out of the car tax. When his term ended in 2002, Democrat Gov. Mark Warner took office. Faced with a shaky economy and declining state revenues, Warner and state lawmakers agreed to cap the amount the Commonwealth could pay at $950 million."

http://virginia.statehousenewsonline.com/462/mcdonnell-favors-repealing-car-tax-waiting-for-better-economic-times/

Posted by: Yeah you lose ()
Date: October 03, 2011 02:07PM

Yeah let's cut spending. You'll make up for it in repairs to your ball joints, suspension and windshield from the even shittier roads. Dont wanna pay the car tax? Move to Somalia.

Posted by: taxpayer longtime ()
Date: October 03, 2011 02:30PM

Kilton Wrote:
> FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just paid it, over $1500, fuck u,
>
> Teehee. Serves you right for paying so much for
> some dopey "luxury" vehicle.
>
> Think of it as an Idiot Tax. Like cigarette taxes.

+1 The car tax is a wonderfull way to collect revenue. I like to tinker with cars as a hobby, my wife has a newer car but I have a couple of beaters and my car tax is like 30 bucks or so on them. If owning an expensive car is important to some people than they should bear the brunt of the tax burden. This is a great way to get richer folks to pay their fair share. Too bad the car tax is not a federal across the board tax for everyone in this country.

Date: October 03, 2011 02:36PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> "You can be certain if Virginia ever eliminated
> the car tax, the Virginia state income tax rate
> would go "
>
> Why? Spending should be cut, how can you even
> predict tax revenue on this item it is consumer
> driven and you shouldnt base your budget on 1 cent
> of it. We need to tea party the fuck out of the
> shit libs in VA you mother fucker. On top of that
> those assholes want to charge you more to use a
> credit card.
>
> "The Federal Truth in Lending Act states: 167, (2)
> “No seller in any sales transaction may impose a
> surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a
> credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check, or
> similar means.”
>
> ASSHOLE LIBS IN EFFFECT:
> "Gilmore’s plan called for a five-year phase out
> of the car tax. When his term ended in 2002,
> Democrat Gov. Mark Warner took office. Faced with
> a shaky economy and declining state revenues,
> Warner and state lawmakers agreed to cap the
> amount the Commonwealth could pay at $950
> million."
>
> http://virginia.statehousenewsonline.com/462/mcdon
> nell-favors-repealing-car-tax-waiting-for-better-e
> conomic-times/

You're a tool.

Date: October 03, 2011 02:50PM

Yeah you lose Wrote:
> Yeah let's cut spending. You'll make up for it in
> repairs to your ball joints, suspension and
> windshield from the even shittier roads. Dont
> wanna pay the car tax? Move to Somalia.

Oh come on. Don't you want to live in a world where we get all the government services we want, but we don't have to actually pay for them? That's the Republican Dream.

Posted by: Cheapskate ()
Date: October 03, 2011 03:18PM

So drive an older car. Go back far enough and there are no emmisions inspections and zero property tax except for the new $33 fee that we have to pay for the non-existant county sticker. You might not get any points around the country club or attention from the gold diggers at bars but it does save some time and money. Of course if driving a new car makes you feel important you have to cough up.

Posted by: Pony car ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:00PM

You have to watch the older car thing. The county will delcare it a classic and up the tax. You have to be sure they know it is a POS. My friend had a 66 Mustang that was nothing but rust and wires. One year it was assesed as junk the next year a $4000 classic car. He got it lowered but only after fighting city hall.

Posted by: fan of illegals and anything liberal ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:01PM

You have to pay the car tax if you expect sharon bulova to keep illegals in luxury housing.

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:01PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> We need to tea party the fuck out of the
> shit libs in VA you mother fucker.

This is Virginia where, outside NoVa, even the liberals are rather conservative.

Posted by: What a Whiner ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:26PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> Just paid it, over $1500, fuck u, just cause you
> have a nicer car doesn't mean you should pay this
> shit, if anything you should be sucking my balls
> and stroking my taint with your tongue because I
> bought a newer car and injected money into the
> local economy. by the way i already paid taxes to
> buy the fucking cars. FUCK U UUUUUUUU, Bulova and
> Connoley fuck faced asshole WIC illegal loving
> fuck faces

Boy, 32k/year for private school doesn't buy you much anymore (don't they teach English there?). And what the hell is a "taint"?

If you don't want to pay the tax, buy a cheaper car. Who are you trying to impress amyway? (cause it ain't working)

Date: October 03, 2011 04:29PM

"on. Don't you want to live in a world where we get all the government services we want, but we don't have to actually pay for them?"

I'd rather have a world where i don't pay for government services because I don't use any government services besides wiping my ass and flushing it down the toilet for them to clean.

"This is a great way to get richer folks to pay their fair share."
Right, what exactly is the rich's fair share, 50% of their income? What about the poor's fair share of ZERO taxes?

The problem with our democracy is that people who pay not taxes get to vote for how taxes get spent. The weight of your vote should be proportional to the amount of taxes you pay.

Date: October 03, 2011 04:32PM

"Boy, 32k/year for private school doesn't buy you much anymore (don't they teach English there?). And what the hell is a "taint"?

If you don't want to pay the tax, buy a cheaper car. Who are you trying to impress amyway? (cause it ain't working)"

I may not have the best english grammar but I can sure use google you fucking old ass irrelevent baby boomer scared of technology. FYI we have people who write for us in contracting that have english majors, guess what they dont' get paid shit soo the usefullness of grammar and demand for it is very low in comparison to salarys.

taint
The area between the nutsack and asshole that prevent a man from shitting on his nuts. See durf.

Date: October 03, 2011 04:34PM

"If you don't want to pay the tax, buy a cheaper car. Who are you trying to impress amyway? (cause it ain't working)"

Why should the behavior of the tax payer be changed to suite an injust law that takes money from people who earn more and shit it to those that don't?

Posted by: What a Whiner ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:58PM

"I may not have the best english grammar but I can sure use google you fucking old ass irrelevent baby boomer scared of technology. FYI we have people who write for us in contracting that have english majors, guess what they dont' get paid shit soo the usefullness of grammar and demand for it is very low in comparison to salarys.
"

Yes, I'm a baby boomer, but I'm not scared of technology; in fact, I have a Master of Science degree in Information Systems Technology. As a fellow contractor, I'm one of the people who gets stuck cleaning up your unintelligible English before we present anything to the client.

You must be an absolute joy to work with. It truly is sad that your generation can't write anymore, and then they have the arrogance to say that that's what the "little people" (liberal arts majors) are for. There is no correlation between salary or degree and class. Case in point.

Date: October 03, 2011 05:00PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> I'd rather have a world where i don't pay for
> government services because I don't use any
> government services besides wiping my ass and
> flushing it down the toilet for them to clean.

Ah, so you don't use public roadways then? Excellent! I guess you can sell your dopey luxury car -- then you won't have to worry about that nasty property tax bill.

See how I solved that problem for you?

Posted by: nova co co ()
Date: October 03, 2011 06:04PM

I dont mind paying extra if it keeps low income riff raff out of the county so my home value stays the same or goes up. But when you have people like sharon bulova throwing out luxury condos to welfare cases it will attract the trash like moths to the flame.

Date: October 03, 2011 06:48PM

Let me take a wild stab here, boomer gets lib arts degree, finds out its stupid. Later in life probably in his late 40-50s he gets a IT masters to cover up the fact that his major is stupid and he needs to make money to compensate for the social security failure plan he help vote in with his fellow libtard hippy boomers.

The world has changed long drawn out proper english grammar communication has been replaced with real time abbreivated communication to get messages between two parties quickly and efficiently.

Thank you for cleaning up our english because you can't do much of anything else except for the above and presenting things to the client.

FYI, I have a BS in CS, I have 2 masters 1 in IS and 1 in SWE, got them before i was 24, you are my bitch.

Compesation by Majors does vary based upon how much value our society puts on those skills. Use that google tool I have been telling you about to search around.
https://my.dc.edu/ICS/icsfs/NACE_Winter_2011_Salary_Survey.pdf?target=225864ab-f9cc-468b-94e2-4715713f3519

Starting Salaries:
English Language & Literature/Letters $28,603
Software Engineering $50,333

Is this you?

"Yes, I'm a baby boomer, but I'm not scared of technology; in fact, I have a Master of Science degree in Information Systems Technology. As a fellow contractor, I'm one of the people who gets stuck cleaning up your unintelligible English before we present anything to the client.

There is clearly a corellation between salary and degrees pleace use that google tool that you may have heard of and look up NACE salary surveys.

You must be an absolute joy to work with. It truly is sad that your generation can't write anymore, and then they have the arrogance to say that that's what the "little people" (liberal arts majors) are for. There is no correlation between salary or degree and class. Case in point."

Date: October 03, 2011 06:52PM

Does a luxary car use up more public roadways then a cheap car? If you are going to implement a tax to pay for roads it should be even and just across the board regardless of the value of the vehicle you purchased or your income. The tax should be flat and the same for everyone regardless of income. Subsidizing others is not right. When you go through a toll does an expensive car pay more then a cheap car? Only a larger car or truck pays more to use the road. This is the proper model.

"Ah, so you don't use public roadways then? Excellent! I guess you can sell your dopey luxury car -- then you won't have to worry about that nasty property tax bill.

See how I solved that problem for you?"

Posted by: BS ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:13PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> Does a luxary car use up more public roadways then
> a cheap car? If you are going to implement a tax
> to pay for roads it should be even and just across
> the board regardless of the value of the vehicle
> you purchased or your income. The tax should be
> flat and the same for everyone regardless of
> income. Subsidizing others is not right. When you
> go through a toll does an expensive car pay more
> then a cheap car? Only a larger car or truck pays
> more to use the road. This is the proper model.
>
> "Ah, so you don't use public roadways then?
> Excellent! I guess you can sell your dopey luxury
> car -- then you won't have to worry about that
> nasty property tax bill.
>
> See how I solved that problem for you?"

I call bullshit on this guy owning anything expensive. Maybe $1500 is "assessed value" portion of his bill. Idiot can't even spell "luxury".

Date: October 03, 2011 07:24PM

BS Wrote:
> I call bullshit on this guy owning anything
> expensive. Maybe $1500 is "assessed value"
> portion of his bill.

Haha. See, now that's funny.

He seems almost on the verge of having a somewhat reasonable point from time to time. But alas, written English can be difficult for some.

Date: October 03, 2011 07:28PM

"I call bullshit on this guy owning anything expensive. Maybe $1500 is "assessed value" portion of his bill. Idiot can't even spell "luxury".
Attachments:
bill.jpg

Date: October 03, 2011 07:29PM

I forgot to add, suck my balls

Posted by: sorry but no ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:33PM

"Ah, so you don't use public roadways then? Excellent! I guess you can sell your dopey luxury car -- then you won't have to worry about that nasty property tax bill."

The roads are paid for and maintanied by the state not the county. The car tax does not go into the roads.

Date: October 03, 2011 07:35PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> Just paid it, over $1500

Math doesn't appear to be your strong suit either.

So, so far math and English are out. And you have 2 Masters degrees? :-)

Date: October 03, 2011 07:36PM

sorry but no Wrote:
> The roads are paid for and maintanied by the state
> not the county. The car tax does not go into the
> roads.

My comment was a response to the OP's claim that he doesn't use any "government services".

Date: October 03, 2011 07:45PM

When I posted earlier I didn't remember the amount of 1,456.86 , but yes I guess I should have said 1450. I was a bit pissed having to pay this bull shite.

Posted by: BS ()
Date: October 03, 2011 10:08PM

Still don't buy it. It is your parent's car.

"U" write like you are borderline illiterate or a junior high school student. Either way you don't have the earning potential for a ~$50k car.

Just because Dad gives you the keys every now and then doesn't make it "yours". Load up your '99 Hyundai Accent and move out of the basement.

Date: October 03, 2011 10:31PM

sorry but no Wrote:
> "Ah, so you don't use public roadways then?
> Excellent! I guess you can sell your dopey luxury
> car -- then you won't have to worry about that
> nasty property tax bill."
>
> roads.

Actually Fairfax County has in recent years supplemented the funds that are spent on roads because VDoT wasn't sending enough money to NoVa. Here's one example: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/ziondrive.htm

Date: October 03, 2011 11:51PM

Sad to say my writing skills may suck but I am definetly not who you describe. It might suprise you that I am boss to many and also run a business on the side. I didn't realize that high grammar was a preqrequisite to write on an anonymous message board. I don't proofread or look at posts and usually hit the submit button right away.

I am doing some loan docs and was tempted to post line 37 of my 1040 just to be a dick but I think I am going to move on and let people think what they want.

"U" write like you are borderline illiterate or a junior high school student. Either way you don't have the earning potential for a ~$50k car. "

Posted by: Les ()
Date: October 04, 2011 12:38AM

> roads.

All the funds are fungible. All taxes and bond revenues go into the same pot. The deferred pension contributions are as well. Eventually, the problem with that comes home to roose but that's another story.

Posted by: Tyrone ()
Date: October 04, 2011 02:10AM

Are you sure the GIFT tax works that way? Read up a little retard.

QuitWhining Wrote:
> FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> -----
> > Why should the government penalize people for
> > purchasing more expensive goods. You have
> already
> > purchased the item what are you exactly taxing?
> > Does a 50k car use up more state resources then
> a
> > 4k car? How can you retax something that has
> > already been taxed?
>
> What kind of answer do you expect here?
>
> Lots of gov't taxing has similar discrepancies.
> If I win $100 million lottery, I give the gov't,
> say $40 million in taxes. Of that $60 million
> left, I give $30 million to my brother. If done
> legally, he now has to pay taxes (say $12 million)
> on it. So, that money has now been taxed twice.
>
> Does a 2,500 sq.ft. home in Great Falls use up
> more resources than a 2,500 sq.ft. home in Lorton.
> No, but the there's certainly more tax to pay on
> it.
>
> You can be certain if Virginia ever eliminated the
> car tax, the Virginia state income tax rate would
> go up to comspensate. Would you prefer to live in
> Maryland? No car tax there, but big time county
> piggy back income tax.

Posted by: hadenuf ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:38AM

I hate the car tax. It cannot be paid in increments and punishes those who purchase nice vehicles that support job creation and local economies. That being said, all taxes discriminate against someone. Property taxes are based upon value of home. Yet, higher tax does not provide additional benefits or services. Income taxes are progressive. A person who makes a million pays higher taxes than someone who makes 50k. And, please dont give me this liberal crap about capital gains rates. The money was earned income before it was invested! Conversely the DMV fees are flat and effect low income folks far worse than high income earners. My point here though is all taxes are too high and excessive. Would be willing to venture that by time all taxes and fees are added up, we pay more to state and county than to federal government? And nothing will change until government is dramatically reduced. Take a look around? Fairfax county courthouse complex is about the size of Tysons corner. That should scare the hell out us. The government center on Monument is chock full of highly paid clerks who do nothing more than push paper from one cubicle to the next. On average, the state of Virginia passes 900 new laws each year. What are these new laws? Do they effect me? How would I ever know if I were in violation? I do know these laws cost a fortune to document, implement and enforce. Take a look at the grants, subsidies and scholarships that are done by the state. How many unknown departments and agencies are in Richmond. At best, these tax payer nightmares do nothing more than replicate existing departments. We need to demand dramatic cut back in government services, regulatory matters and expense. Want to reduce taxes and eliminate fees and surcharges? Demand a governor who will go on a rampage and clean house. Get rid of all this waste and pure political spending. Until that happens please enjoy the sexual experience provided to you by the governments of Richmond and Fairfax!

Posted by: Hurtn ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:44AM

It hurts the working man.

Posted by: What a Joke ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:50AM

hadenuf Wrote:
> I hate the car tax. It cannot be paid in
> increments and punishes those who purchase nice
> vehicles that support job creation and local
> economies.

What a joke.

If you are taking about nice vehicles supporting job creation, shouldn't we all be purchasing Camrys and Accords since they are the most American-made vehicles out there? The only "nice" car that's truly American-made is the Ford Explorer, if you even want to classify that as "nice". The only local economy we're really supporting by buying cars are the dealerships and gas and service stations.

If you are taking about the "job creators" (GOP speak for "rich white people that vote for us") being punished for making money but getting taxed on nice cars ... how about buying a more modest car and then taking the money you save and investing it back into your business and/or workers?

Date: October 04, 2011 10:12AM

hadenuf Wrote:
> My point here though is
> all taxes are too high and excessive.

Of course the same could be said about the salaries that many are paid in the private sector.

> Would be
> willing to venture that by time all taxes and fees
> are added up, we pay more to state and county than
> to federal government?

Especially if all of your income was from qualified dividends and capital gains. Since Virginia doesn't distinguish between types of income in setting tax rates and since currently you don't pay FICA on qualified dividends and capital gains the Federal/Virginia differential goes way down when dealing with these types of income. Throw in a nice home in NoVa and an overpriced car and it wouldn't be hard to top the Federal rates.

Oh and BTW that "already been taxed" line is BS. The only thing that was previously taxed was the initial principal invested, and unless you depreciate the asset you don't pay taxes on that money when you sell. What you pay taxes on is the income or appreciation of that money.

Date: October 04, 2011 10:18AM

Tyrone Wrote:
> Are you sure the GIFT tax works that way? Read up
> a little retard.
>

Which "way" in particular are you referring to, asswipe? Certainly, there are different tax rules for gifts, and my numbers in the example are a bit off, but if I give $30 million all at once to someone, there will DEFINITELY be taxes paid on it.

On the other hand, go fuck yourself.

Date: October 04, 2011 10:26AM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> "U" write like you are borderline illiterate or a
> junior high school student. Either way you don't
> have the earning potential for a ~$50k car. "

Some people have the taste for a $50k car. Some have a craving for it. And many feel that it is a monumental waste to spend that kind of money on a car. If you do have a taste for that car you'd understand that the purchase price is merely the down payment, and it comes with a long list of additional fees, including extra taxes, insurance and Gunther the mechanic's kids' college tuition bill. If you didn't know this then you're either an idiot or a poser craving a status symbol.

I doubt I could spend $50k for a car today, even if it was your money I was spending. I don't see the point in spending more than necessary for something that loses money when I drive out the door, and can be reduced to a $500 yard sculpture due to someone else's carelessness. To me the phrase "fine German engineering" is a slam, not a boast. If you have a taste for a $50k car and can afford it, more power to you. Just remember it's bad taste to bitch about the cost of keeping it.

Posted by: LOL LOL ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:44AM

I doubt that he's for real. He's complaining he can't get into low income housing. What a complete joke.

Posted by: Agree w/ Bill N ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:46AM

Bill N Wrote:

> If you have a taste for a $50k car and can
> afford it, more power to you. Just remember it's
> bad taste to bitch about the cost of keeping it.

+1

Date: October 04, 2011 10:59AM

The point is that initial investment was taxed as income. One would be hard pressed to find a ton of folks who live day to day on capital gain income. And, if your mutual fund produces income from an internal stock sale, more cap gain is realized even though your investment may have actually decreased. The rich buy more stuff and pay more sales taxes. The rich tend to own more expensive homes and drive higher value cars. Therefore, more taxes. And, no I am not what one would consider wealthy.

Date: October 04, 2011 11:04AM

Buying a Japanese car supports American non union workers in Ohio and Kentucky for the most part. As far as not buying a nice car and taking money to use for business improvement and additional workers; Great idea! Can you share that idea with the government?

Date: October 04, 2011 11:14AM

The point here is not to argue about taxes and who pays more and what is unfair. The point is to stand up and demand dramatic reduction in government. Look at west ox road animal shelter. 17 million bucks for a fourteen thousand sq foot builiding and lot. You can build two 10,000 sq foot luxury homes for 6 million and make a profit. but costs over twice as much to build cages for dogs and cats! 250k for a traffic light. You can purchase a decent home for 250k. 3500 bucks for a speed bump. you can have your driveway repaved for 100 bucks. 6 million to re-surface three miles of route 66. Teacher salaries amounting to less than half the budget cost for schools. Low income folks living in high rise luxury condos with paid memberships. The list goes on and on. This is just simply absurd!

Posted by: counterfeitpenny ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:18AM

Tyrone Wrote:
> Are you sure the GIFT tax works that way? Read up
> a little retard.
>

Which "way" in particular are you referring to, asswipe? Certainly, there are different tax rules for gifts, and my numbers in the example are a bit off, but if I give $30 million all at once to someone, there will DEFINITELY be taxes paid on it.

On the other hand, go fuck yourself.

Tyrone is right...you need to read up...if you "gift" to anyone, it's not taxable to that person. Quitbitchin'

Date: October 04, 2011 11:44AM

The federal gift tax is imposed on the donor, not the recipient. If you give 30 million to one person, excepting a charity or spouse, taxes will be imposed upon the estate of the donor prior to completion of gift. If you divide the 30 million into lots of less than 10k and give that amount to a whole lot of folks, no gift taxes are imposed or due. The gift tax is a backstop for folks who try to bypass the estate tax regulations.

Date: October 04, 2011 12:21PM

Again, why should someone pay a made up percentage on an item that is valued or costs higher than another item. Taxes should be based on the consumption and impact of the item against the budget of the governing entity. If anything people who give back or invest into the governing state or whatever whether through job hiring, larger purchases should be the ones recieving the tax break NOT the other way around. Subsidizing low income gives NO incentive to leave low income lifestyles.

Posted by: Big Government Sucks ()
Date: October 04, 2011 12:22PM

"The point here is not to argue about taxes and who pays more and what is unfair. The point is to stand up and demand dramatic reduction in government. Look at west ox road animal shelter. 17 million bucks for a fourteen thousand sq foot builiding and lot. You can build two 10,000 sq foot luxury homes for 6 million and make a profit. but costs over twice as much to build cages for dogs and cats! 250k for a traffic light. You can purchase a decent home for 250k. 3500 bucks for a speed bump. you can have your driveway repaved for 100 bucks. 6 million to re-surface three miles of route 66. Teacher salaries amounting to less than half the budget cost for schools. Low income folks living in high rise luxury condos with paid memberships. The list goes on and on. This is just simply absurd!"

+1!!!

Posted by: What a Tool ()
Date: October 04, 2011 12:28PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> It might suprise you that I am boss to many and also
> run a business on the side."

Yikes! Somebody has to work for this asswipe?

Date: October 04, 2011 12:42PM

On another note tax money is usually spent at inflated rates due to cartels of unions that establish price fixing. This is one of the many reasons taxes are so high and why many do not like paying more taxes. In general this inflation exists because tax money is being forced to pay union workers.

For example when your tax dollars are spent to build a school:

1) You pay an over inflated price to all construction workers because they are union run or have union workers who's union establishes minimum rates. Ever wonder why a plumber or a roofer costs like 100 an hour, unions get together an establish minimum rates. Unions would sue the governming tax body if they did not receive the bid.

2) Permit fees are paid to the county. These fees and costs are huge, ever notice that if you build a home without using a union worker construction company how pissy the inspector is and how hard of time he will give you to pass inspections? Guess where the inspector came from... a union tradesman job.

3) The teachers that work in the buildings are union run. Again teachers unions artificially set a fixed price on the cost of their benifits and salary in turn forcing tax payers to overpay.

At the end of the day your tax dollars are WASTED and basically are used to subsidize industrys that would not exist in the free market without government assistance.

A free market would allow money to flow properly and justly towards things things that are deemed benificial to society. Further more items should be taxed only on the burden or consumption they place on the society. In turn if you want to reward or encourage benificial behavior reward that behavior with compensation or reduced income tax. Reward and encourage behaviors, careers, actions etc... that encourage growth and income to that society.

Date: October 04, 2011 12:46PM

I have never complained about my personal property taxes until now. We pay a pretty penny for our "luxury" cars, but I have to agree with "Fuck U"...why?
I have no problem paying my taxes, I actually believe in most of our tax system. But if I choose to purchase a nice car, why should I pay more than a fucking Yugo? Hell, I only drive 5-6K miles a year!

On a side note...I think we need a "renters" tax. It would stimulate the economy by encouraging more people to own. It would also make some of these people who rape the system to pay for those benefits that we all can/should enjoy.

Posted by: Home Owner ()
Date: October 04, 2011 01:03PM

That's a bog part of the motivation for the car tax. It gets everyone whether they own or rent. The homeowners all pay their property taxes and the renters at least have to pay the car tax.

Posted by: My Guess ()
Date: October 04, 2011 01:23PM

What a Tool Wrote:
> FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> -----
> > It might suprise you that I am boss to many and
> also
> > run a business on the side."
>
> Yikes! Somebody has to work for this asswipe?

My guess? Career federal employee. He's been promoted out of enough departments to be a higher pay grade and by virtue of seniority became one of those supervisors no one
respects.

There you go. That explains the decent salary despite appearing to be an idiot who can't spell. Text book incompetent mid-level federal manager.

Date: October 04, 2011 01:41PM

"My guess? Career federal employee."

wrong. private industry is the only place I will work and was able to rocket ahead in a few years. Real industries don’t put time as a factor for career advancement, output and efficiency are true measurements of greatness. This is the difference between the boomer generation and millennial / gen x, we do not believe in wasting time with corporate ladders, in fact we smash over them. We move believe in rewarding intelligence and competency based on efficiency and output produced. If we need to accommodate industries that require bureaucracy and paper work (Fed Gov) we will hire an old boomer to take care of that while we get the real work done.

Posted by: Encroachment of CAPITOLIST-BASED COMMUNISM! ()
Date: October 04, 2011 02:00PM

Thru the maintained governments allowing the ability of parents to instill immoral, corrupt, thinking and HATRED, with the added influence of the media (news, etc.) and entertainment solidifying it, into their children, we WILL continue into the slow but steady head-long evolvement of today's society into what is obviously a CAPITOLIST CONTROLLED governement implementation of CORRUPT COMMUNISM. How do you all like it?
CONgested SARDINE-CAN like Communal, Commuting, COMMON-wealth like living conditions, never truly owning anything of any value (i.e. - Auto, Home, etc.) without it being TAXED HEAVILY with the BRAINWASHING of it all! When any of us buy anything of any 'value', we MUST pay heavy taxes - which is nothing short of purchasing the 'royalty(s)' on same, then paying forever 'cheap?' rent to the State to keep it, or they WILL seaze it (take it away) one way or the other and proclaim this just?
And the only ones enjoying any REAL freedom in this country are the ones who so manipulatively have their own PERSONAL wealth gauranteed is where all these so-called tax dollors 'end-up' in the NON-REAL WORKING lap of!
So keep voting DEM/REP you FOOLS living in a RATZ MAZE set up by the WORST THAN FASCISM environment created by all these super-rich nothing but stinking greedy selfish HOG CAPITOLISTS CONtrolling our government.
When it should be NEITHER of the following: A Government CONtrolled Capitolism IS FASCISM, yet a CAPITOLIST CONtrolled Government IS BY FAR MUCH FAR WORSE than FASCISM, it IS the WORST form of MASS SLAVERY.
It IS supposed to be, as the Constitution and Bill of Rights of this country clearly depicts - "FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE" WHICH MEANS THE MAJORITY, NOT "FOR THE FILTHY STINKING RICH ROYALIST HOG-MINORITY"

Now, the originator of this thread, since you are so happily expressing your gratitude of the heavy TAXES you are now so happily having to pay to simply own nothing more than a 'Royalty' on the nice auto you only will temporarily possess, you will be voting next on which 'courting-the-court' of the Royal Rich & Affluent HOG, Democrat or Republican - when it should be, in reflection of your oh-so-happy thread here - an Independant fighting for your right to ACTUALLY, TRULY own your precious subject Auto, for REAL, and home, and the rest WITHOUT having to pay the equivalent of nothing less than cheap, forever RAISED with INFLATION RENT to 'the state' that literally 'ends -up' thrown easily, and without any REAL work by same, into the 'lap' of the Capitolist HOG-Royalty Monarchist-gone FASCIST HOG-like PUTRID-MINDED-PILE OF PUKE!

And please 'feel free' to copy and paste this comment-post anywhere and everywhere you want. Twitter. Facebook. Anywhere, anywhere! I am no HOG, and fully believe in FREEDOM. NOT like the Hogs that so craftly devised a/the method in the 'governmental-system' for me to be able to SUE you for doing same! Not only do I say 'Be Free', but 'Do it Freely'!

(just don't break the 'basic' laws, like the ones that fall directly under the Ten Commandments of God and/or the Seven Deadly Sins, all of which have to do with STEALING, JUST LIKE THIS SUBJECT AUTO TAX IS!

Real 'Topsy-Tervy', what's going on nowdays, right here in this country! Right is Wrong, Wrong is Right! What a CHAOTIC, EVIL MESS! All so craftly created so corruptly by the one - to - two percent top SMEGMA 'HEAD-CHEESE's in charge of it ALL! Keep working like a lowly BEAST, now, FEED into it like some mindless ANIMAL, keep voting DEMOCRAT and REPUBLICAN and NEVER INDEPENDANT, for someone who is supposed to care more for the MAJORITY, instead of the MEGA-RICH CORRUPT-TO-THE CORE SUPER- MINORITY in this country!! With 'Them', it is too obvious this is NOT a country for "WE, The People" , 'FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE', ANYMORE! It's for ME, THE GREEDY, FOR THE GREEDY, BY THE GREEDY! And if you don't like it, well, just go get in that SOUP LINE and get your free meal! WE, THE GREEDY, got the money for it from the HUGE TAX DEBT we generated RAKING IN THE TAX DOLLARS INTO OUR GREEDY HUGE BANK ACCOUNTS and made you pay all the largest portion of the taxes that ran you so swiftly into having to end up in the soup line to start with! REAL SCAM OF A SHAM OF A SHAM OF A SCAM! And all the while WE HOGS are CONstantly throwing BRAINWASHING LIES at you about facts like the UNEMPLOYMENT RATE being 9-10% when it's ACTUALLY 25++%!!! 'cause we have so CRAFTLY devised a system that will NEVER reveal the REAL numbers of un-employment (and the rest of the 'major-indicating' factors of the 'state of the economy' in this country!) And EVERY politician you try to get into office, well, we have so much money and influence (POWER) we'll have 'em bought-bribed before the voting even starts! And the more it might cost, well, we got the system so down 'pat', know problem! We'll just get SUBSIDISED by your TAX DOLLAR's even more! Just like that last $100,000,000.00 that went to Somalia's famined-starving? Well, you SUCKER TAX PAYER! The money didn't go there directly YOU FOOLS, it went to my FOOD-PACKIN'-FACTORY BUSINESS, I am the CEO of, and me and my GREEDY-HOG Chronies made MILLIONS in profit from the shipment of food we sold at TOP-DOLLAR to the US Government and at YOUR EXPENSE, it was all shipped there to feed those starving for a day or two. We had to rake in so much profit in the MILLIONS, we could only provide a little-bit for a couple of days. No big deal!

Date: October 04, 2011 02:58PM

Wow...I've heard tourette's is a bad disorder to overcome...
Shitfuckdamn

Date: October 04, 2011 03:56PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> We move believe in rewarding intelligence

What?

Posted by: Heil Hitler! ()
Date: October 04, 2011 05:07PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
>
> wrong. private industry is the only place I will
> work and was able to rocket ahead in a few years.
> Real industries don’t put time as a factor for
> career advancement, output and efficiency are true
> measurements of greatness. This is the difference
> between the boomer generation and millennial / gen
> x, we do not believe in wasting time with
> corporate ladders, in fact we smash over them. We
> move believe in rewarding intelligence and
> competency based on efficiency and output
> produced. If we need to accommodate industries
> that require bureaucracy and paper work (Fed Gov)
> we will hire an old boomer to take care of that
> while we get the real work done.

Jawohl, Mein Fuhrer!

Posted by: Barry O ()
Date: October 04, 2011 06:10PM

Anyone who makes more than 200k a year is an evil person and should be punished. Since we currently cannot put them in jail the next best thing is to seize their assets through taxation.

Posted by: Rain man ()
Date: October 04, 2011 06:34PM

counterfeitpenny Wrote:
> Wow...I've heard tourette's is a bad disorder to
> overcome...
> Shitfuckdamn

WHOOOOP, oh boy, cocksucker mutherfucker shit, whhooop oh boy.

Posted by: Wrong field ()
Date: October 04, 2011 08:39PM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> "My guess? Career federal employee."
>
> wrong. private industry is the only place I will
> work and was able to rocket ahead in a few years.
> Real industries don’t put time as a factor for
> career advancement, output and efficiency are true
> measurements of greatness. This is the difference
> between the boomer generation and millennial / gen
> x, we do not believe in wasting time with
> corporate ladders, in fact we smash over them. We
> move believe in rewarding intelligence and
> competency based on efficiency and output
> produced. If we need to accommodate industries
> that require bureaucracy and paper work (Fed Gov)
> we will hire an old boomer to take care of that
> while we get the real work done.

This guy is a lying sack of shit. One thread he is looking at subsidized housing, and the next he is acting like he makes $200k a year and "smashed" the corporate ladder.

Anyone who uses the term "millennial" isn't actually part of that generation. Gen X'ers are in the 40s. Big difference. I'd love to know what industry you work in and find such "success" with so little common sense or intelligence. I am apparently in the wrong line of work, where excellent writing and depth of knowledge are required for success.

Date: October 04, 2011 08:58PM

I am looking at options to temporarly house my family while we build a place and came across those fields bullshit subsidized apartments. While most people are hard at work trying to better themselves our society subsidizes welfare and poverty giving no incentive to leave that level of negative social status.

My profession is building software and I have done it since i was 19 before finishing under and grad school.

If you stop smelling your own farts for 10 minutes and jerking off into your own mouth congratulating yourself on critiquing a 1 paragraph email for correct grammar and utilized the internet you could find these answers.

gen x and millennials are from 1974-1984
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y
Generation Y, also known as the Millennial Generation (or Millennials),[1][2] Generation Next,[3] Net Generation,[4] Echo Boomers,[5], describes the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when the Millennial generation starts and ends, and commentators have used birth dates ranging somewhere from the mid-1970s[6] to the mid 1990s,

Posted by: Near George Mason ()
Date: October 04, 2011 08:59PM

I guess you don't believe in Obama's "share the wealth" plan. If you buy the bigger car, the bigger house or make more money than someone else, you are supposed to want to hand over more money.

I don't like paying the car tax, I don't like the "share the wealth plan, so I replace my car every 8-10 years and buy something in the modest range. It gets me where I need to go and I pay less insurance too. Too bad for the car dealer who makes less money off me and needs to lay off workers. Thank the politicians.

The higher tax rates hit the people who want the sports cars and large SUVs - you know the gas guzzling Dems who claim to love the environment - just ask Al Gore. His carbon footprint is huge. Wonder what he drives.

Date: October 04, 2011 09:12PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism

Neoliberalism seeks to transfer control of the economy from public to the private sector,[4] under the belief that it will produce a more efficient government and improve the economic health of the nation.[5] The definitive statement of the concrete policies advocated by neoliberalism is often taken to be John Williamson's[6] "Washington Consensus", a list of policy proposals that appeared to have gained consensus approval among the Washington-based international economic organizations (like the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank). Williamson's list included ten points:

Fiscal policy Governments should not run large deficits that have to be paid back by future citizens, and such deficits can only have a short term effect on the level of employment in the economy. Constant deficits will lead to higher inflation and lower productivity, and should be avoided. Deficits should only be used for occasional stabilization purposes.

Redirection of public spending from subsidies (especially what neoliberals call "indiscriminate subsidies") and other spending neoliberals deem wasteful toward broad-based provision of key pro-growth, pro-poor services like primary education, primary health care and infrastructure investment

Tax reform– broadening the tax base and adopting moderate marginal tax rates to encourage innovation and efficiency;
Interest rates that are market determined and positive (but moderate) in real terms;

Floating exchange rates;

Trade liberalization – liberalization of imports, with particular emphasis on elimination of quantitative restrictions (licensing, etc.); any trade protection to be provided by low and relatively uniform tariffs; thus encouraging competition and long term growth

Liberalization of the "capital account" of the balance of payments, that is, allowing people the opportunity to invest funds overseas and allowing foreign funds to be invested in the home country

Privatization of state enterprises; Promoting market provision of goods and services which the government cannot provide as effectively or efficiently, such as telecommunications, where having many service providers promotes choice and competition.

Deregulation – abolition of regulations that impede market entry or restrict competition, except for those justified on safety, environmental and consumer protection grounds, and prudent oversight of financial institutions;
Legal security for property rights; and, Financialisation of capital.

Posted by: Thank you FUCK_U_WELFARE ()
Date: October 05, 2011 08:34AM

I just wanted to thank FUCK_U_WELFARE for buying a $60,000 car - it's people like you (and your tax dollars) that make the roads better for people like me who are making just as much but buying $25,000 cars.

Posted by: Went to Mason ()
Date: October 05, 2011 09:37AM

"just ask Al Gore. His carbon footprint is huge. Wonder what he drives."

http://bit.ly/pE5ng4

"Al Gore is looking to make a statement with his two new rides- one for the environment with his acquisition of the two brand new Mercury Mariner Hybrid."

Posted by: hr dept ()
Date: October 05, 2011 09:29PM

You IT whizkids would do better to save/invest those big salaries rather than blowing it on depreciating assets like fancy cars.

Very likely, by your mid 50's you will get dumped. Age discrimination is illegal but it is near impossible to prove.

I do hiring for a large transportation company and you wouldn't believe how many aging computer guys that apply for our driving jobs.

Wise up, it's later than you think.

Posted by: h8 nova ()
Date: October 05, 2011 10:04PM

hr dept Wrote:
> You IT whizkids would do better to save/invest
> those big salaries rather than blowing it on
> depreciating assets like fancy cars.
>
> Very likely, by your mid 50's you will get dumped.
> Age discrimination is illegal but it is near
> impossible to prove.
>
> I do hiring for a large transportation company and
> you wouldn't believe how many aging computer guys
> that apply for our driving jobs.
>
> Wise up, it's later than you think.

that is true. save your money, no need to buy a nice care in this fuckin area. just buy a dependable car. save your money and get the fuck out of this area!

Posted by: Starts every time ()
Date: October 05, 2011 11:09PM

h8 nova Wrote:
> hr dept Wrote:
> -----
> > You IT whizkids would do better to save/invest
> > those big salaries rather than blowing it on
> > depreciating assets like fancy cars.
> >
> > Very likely, by your mid 50's you will get
> dumped.
> > Age discrimination is illegal but it is near
> > impossible to prove.
> >
> > I do hiring for a large transportation company
> and
> > you wouldn't believe how many aging computer
> guys
> > that apply for our driving jobs.
> >
> > Wise up, it's later than you think.
>
>
> that is true. save your money, no need to buy a
> nice care in this fuckin area. just buy a
> dependable car. save your money and get the fuck
> out of this area!

That is the plan. I could buy a nice car, but its only a matter of time before some house frau on her cell phone in her Lexus RX350 puts me into the jersey barrier on the Beltway when she fails to notice the curvy lanes. I've already avoided it so many times, my luck is probably running out.

I paid $60 in car tax this year. I've had the car for 9 years. Gets good gas mileage, insurance is cheap, only two things have broke in 9 years and 160k miles. I need brakes soon, so total money put into the car this year might end up being about $600. Oil changes, new battery, tranny fluid, brakes.

I love cars, and I could go buy a new Audi A5 or something if I wanted, but what is the point? I already cringe when I get rocks nailing my hood from some dump truck on the Beltway and this car already has plenty of dings in it.

Posted by: Crawdiddy ()
Date: October 03, 2013 08:58PM

Im a democrat but don't understand democrates that like the Car Tax and try to justify it..! your telling me because i have a car worth 23,000 im rich? I live pay check to pay check and can't afford to live in the "fairfax underground." I'm in woodbridge now but still living pay check to pay check..I am pissed at the 580 $ car tax that was allready taxed..I don't have the money.. And I'm for affordable health care for those less fortunate, but don't slam it down peoples throat to those who don't want it..!_! I don't even know what I am anymore repubs forget about alot of people and Dems tax your ass and then some more and want to limit the handgun capacity to 10 rounds, which would make 80% of legally owned handguns illegal ..? will they buy me a new one?? both parties will Rape you and there not even in charge...over and out.!!!

Posted by: crawdiddy ()
Date: October 03, 2013 09:03PM

o and it is a diesal so it should be a good investment....except fro the mafia want to extort me again..

Posted by: Sharonista ()
Date: October 03, 2013 11:26PM

Why the surprise? When you have a county that is so generous to non tax paying illegals the money has to come from somewhere.

Posted by: Lulzy ()
Date: October 04, 2013 06:51AM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
This is the difference between the boomer generation and millennial / gen x, we do not believe in wasting time with corporate ladders, in fact we smash over them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Oh, wow. My guess is the only job this tard has involves asking whether I want "Tall" or "Venti."

Thanks for the laugh, you dumb putz.

Posted by: antiques ()
Date: October 04, 2013 07:02AM

There is a relatively easy way to avoid the car tax. Just buy only high-end luxury or sports cars that are over 25 years old. The more rare and exotic the better. You can get them restored and customized to your hearts content. Pay Zero car tax. As a bonus there is very little or no depreciation.

Posted by: Another IT Wannabeen ()
Date: October 04, 2013 08:52AM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
> When I posted earlier I didn't remember the amount
> of 1,456.86 , but yes I guess I should have said
> 1450. I was a bit pissed having to pay this bull
> shite.

Let's only hope you practice safe sex.
But probably ain't getting it anyway.

Posted by: Matthew Espinosa ()
Date: October 04, 2013 09:06AM

Car tax is better than income or real estate tax. As a high income guy with a primary residence and a vacation home, I'd prefer a high car tax on my cheap VW.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.