HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Recommended bars/pubs
Posted by: P ()
Date: September 23, 2011 02:45PM

I am in Fairfax for business at the end of the month, where is a good place to go for a good night out during the week? Prefer a place with some ladies who are easy on the eyes. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recommended bars/pubs
Posted by: location ()
Date: September 23, 2011 02:55PM

what area are you staying?

Posted by: P ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:13PM

The Ritz, Tyson's Corner.

Posted by: SootEnTye ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:31PM

I know its not in fairfax county but if you want something classy i would try the Arlington Tap Room in clarendon in arlington, or the georgetowne water front, also i havent ventured there often but pentagon city has a couple nice places. i really think Arlington Tap Room would be a good bet and its relatively close. You could always hit up coastal flats or one of the restaurants in tysons / tysons2 but im not real sure on the "ladies" both in amount and looks.

Posted by: VGUNe ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:43PM

I think you might mean American Tap Room. The food is pretty decent, about 35-40 beers on tap, reasonably good wine selection for a non-wine place. Not that large a bar area, and not very meet market-like, but you'll definitely see hot women there. You can say that about that whole area though. It's an ugly drive back to Tysons after a night of drinking though, and probably a $30 cab ride if I had to guess.

You can hit Clydes near your hotel if you're in the market for bitter divorced women desperate for a shag. I can't think of anywhere near The Ritz that's decent.

Posted by: Townie ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:44PM

The Reston Town Center. The offices close by have some hot babes that go their for happy hour.

Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: September 23, 2011 04:26PM

Tysons is a shit hole. It's probably worth the 15-20 minute cab ride into the Clarendon/Courthouse area of Arlington, especially if you're on an expense account and you can charge off the cab ride. I wouldn't bother with Reston Town Center unless you're into Arabs. Plus there are far, far many more choices in Arlington in terms of restaurants and watering holes.

Tip: Red Top Cabs will give you blank receipts.

A few to consider, Yelp for details:
Front Page
Caribbean Breeze
Union Jacks
Rock Bottom
Baileys
Clarendon Ballroom
Clarendon Grill
Mr Days
Rira Irish Pub
Whitlows
Ireland Four Courts
Guarapo

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: September 23, 2011 04:36PM

Arlington, specifically Clarendon.

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:04PM

If you can, I'd recommend moving from the Tysons Ritz to the Pentagon City Ritz. Better location for heading to a few places, and I believe the hotel's bar there isn't even that bad for that sort of thing.

Posted by: Been there ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:36PM

Check out some of the restaurant bars at the Tyson's Galleria Shopping Center. A lot of nice ladies hang out at that upscale mall.

Posted by: Wally Pip Jr. ()
Date: September 24, 2011 04:47AM

How old is the op? I wish I was in my 20's again cause Clarendon would be fun but if your in 30's you'll feel a bit elderly unless you look like George Clooney. Reston Town Center is probably a better spot for the ancient mariners.

Posted by: Gunner ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:49PM

There's several bars in the Galleria, which is physically attached to the Ritz, where you can find attractive women -- and then walk them back to your hotel room via the mall. I suggest Wildfire, Legal Seafoods and PF Changs - always some good lookers. Lebanese Taverna, Maggiano's - not bad either. I wouldn't bother with the adjacent Tyson's mall (you'll have to take a cab becuse of the road network in that area.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.