HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New Construction/Sunoco on Plantation Pkwy/Fairfax Blvd
Posted by: New Building in Fairfax City ()
Date: September 09, 2011 01:18PM

There's some new construction work being done by the Sunoco, or is it a Mobil, by Plantation Parkway and Fairfax Boulevard. Anyone have an idea of what's going up here? Hopefully not another bank of freakin Walgreens

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Construction/Sunoco on Plantation Pkwy/Fairfax Blvd
Posted by: Kamp Washingtonian ()
Date: September 09, 2011 03:29PM

Another shoping center by the same guy who built the Five Guys shopping center and the Zoe's/T-Mobile building...

http://www.klnb.com/search/detail.aspx?id=864&propType=&PropName=&County=Fairfax%20County&BrokerID=

Includes a bank site (of course) and a relocated 7-11. I'm surprised Walgreens hasn't signed on. They usually like to put themselves right next to CVS.

Posted by: Will it Have? ()
Date: September 09, 2011 11:08PM

I think that the new strip shopping center will at least need a Subway and a UPS store. What do you guys think?

Posted by: thx4info ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:19PM

Cool, thanks for that link. Was curious what was going on.

This is getting very old, though. NO MORE FUCKING BANKS. At this point, need something passed to prevent saturation. What the hell is the attraction to having 50 banks on one road?

Shopping center brochure makes it look lame at the moment. Don't care about Subway and there's enough 7-11s.

Posted by: Will It Have? ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:35PM

I was just joking on the question about the Subway. I clicked on the link and looked at the brochure - and, sure enough, there's going to be a Subway. How many more Subway sandwich shops does Fairfax - or, any other location for that matter need? They've got to be cannibalizing themselves.

Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:38AM

I put my money on a Starbucks and some kind of cell phone store.

Posted by: Lex ()
Date: September 12, 2011 12:20PM

It's the banks that finance the construction of the shopping centers, which is why they get their own spaces. That's why you have so many BB&T branches present in the newer shopping centers built during the boom. As for Subway, they don't care because they are just franchise stores, but it actually does make sense to put one there because there isn't one there to serve the neighborhood right up the road and it would be located right outside the neighborhood, guaranteeing steady business from those who live there and those getting gas. Because of the urban sprawl and road layout in and around Fairfax City, there really is no danger of losing money so long as your business sells what people want and is easily accessible.

Posted by: lookhere ()
Date: February 11, 2012 03:46PM

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: April 15, 2012 11:21PM

Smashburger (a burger chain) will also be joining this shopping center.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.