HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Biggest School rivalries
Posted by: Eazy-E ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:26AM

Which schools do you think have the best rivalry?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biggest School rivalries
Posted by: Easy Answer ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:27AM

Robinson and Lake Braddock.

Posted by: who rivals who ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:33AM

Easy Answer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robinson and Lake Braddock.

I agree with this one.

But Mount Vernon WestPo is pretty big to them

I'd say Centreville Chantilly as well

Centreville Robinson in the late '90s was a pretty hefty rivalry

Seems Lee West Springfield would be big but most West Springfield folk think South County or Lake Braddock is a larger rival

Madison McLean

Maybe Oakton Westfield (not sure on that one)

Fairfax Woodson maybe

Edison Mount Vernon was getting kind of big sort of

Maybe Hayfield TC Williams

Obviously, I'm just stating mainly neighborhood rivals here; I think it's best to get it from the student perspectives because they have the best sense. Or if you went to X school I think you can say this is/was your rival.

I went to Robinson; I still kind of think of it like the evil empire that and Centreville.

Posted by: oh lord ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:38AM

> I went to Robinson; I still kind of think of Lake Braddock
> like the evil empire that and Centreville.

Sorry meant to say Lake Braddock was the evil empire not Robinson

Posted by: MC Ren ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:42AM

Madeira School and Holton Arms. Lots of hair pulling and catty behaviour over who has the better uniform.

Posted by: BOT ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:45AM

Back in the day, Oakton and Madison rivalries were too big for FFX County to contain. If you wore your Oakton letter jacket to the Madison McDonalds, you were tking your life into your hands. Madison being the other side of the tracks and all. Don't know if that's still there or not.

Centreville and Westfield are big now. They share SYA players who perc up to the HS teams.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:49AM

Chantilly-Westfield, battle of Chantilly they hate eachother.

Posted by: wyhhe ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:05PM

Westfields vs. FCPD.

Posted by: Jdub ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:35PM

Who is Annandale's biggest rival?

Posted by: Your Name ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:39PM

JEB Stuart vs. Falls Church (bell game, anyone?)

Posted by: Sunny D ()
Date: August 26, 2011 02:29PM

Your Name Wrote:
> JEB Stuart vs. Falls Church (bell game, anyone?)

Falls Church Jaguars all the way!!!!!

Posted by: D ()
Date: August 26, 2011 05:33PM

Hayfield and South County
Hayfield and Edison
Yorktown and Wash Lee

Biggest School rivalries
Posted by: Richy Rich ()
Date: August 26, 2011 05:40PM

Langley vs. McLean

Posted by: Faggot ()
Date: August 26, 2011 06:23PM

Westfield vs. Chantilly

The battle of Westilly!

Posted by: The rivalary is ()
Date: August 26, 2011 06:32PM

Westfields against everyone. Seriously, if you were an athlete, would you want to play this school of psycho's?

Posted by: Ediscum ()
Date: August 26, 2011 06:50PM

D Wrote:
> Hayfield and South County
> Hayfield and Edison
> Yorktown and Wash Lee

Back in the day it was T.C. versus everyone else. Hayfield and Edison were a minor rival at best. I think the only rival the Lancers had was Springfield Mall. :P

South County will always be Lorton no matter how hard they try to change the image. It would be much more intimidating to be called the Lorton Inmates instead of the South County Stallions, imo.

Posted by: RUFUSS ()
Date: August 26, 2011 08:11PM

Robinson and Lake Braddock

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: August 26, 2011 08:16PM

Chantilly Westfield, not even close.

Lake Braddock and Robinson aren't even in the same district.

Posted by: C ()
Date: August 26, 2011 09:47PM

Hayfield and Edison battle of the birds biggest rivarlvy match up

Posted by: T ()
Date: August 27, 2011 12:56AM

a Chantilly vs Westfield game usually ends in a fist fight at ffc

Posted by: SeaHawk ()
Date: August 27, 2011 01:33AM

South Lakes vs Herndon, Harvard vs Yale.

Posted by: Guj ()
Date: August 27, 2011 02:54AM

Herndon vs. South Lakes is comparable to six year olds fighting.

Posted by: eyewitness ()
Date: August 27, 2011 12:55PM

T Wrote:
> a Chantilly vs Westfield game usually ends in a
> fist fight at ffc

Yes and the last time at FFC Chantilly got their asses handed to them

Posted by: Truthmeister ()
Date: August 27, 2011 01:31PM

Stuart and Falls Church

Langley and McLean

Robinson and Lake Braddock

Chantilly and Westfield

Posted by: charger knight ()
Date: August 27, 2011 02:03PM

eyewitness Wrote:

> Yes and the last time at FFC Chantilly got their
> asses handed to them

I know nothing about that, but last year Westfield got their asses handed to them twice by Chantilly.

Westfield 0-3 against Chantilly in the playoffs!

Posted by: Hiram Goldblatt ()
Date: August 27, 2011 04:06PM

Islamic Saudi Academy vs Gesher Jewish Day School

Posted by: whose your daddy ()
Date: August 28, 2011 08:50AM

Jdub Wrote:
> Who is Annandale's biggest rival?

For about 30-35 years it was Woodson but then all the districts realigned and Woodson renewed it's rivalary with Fairfax and now the Annandale rivalary is ancient history.

Posted by: Why waste time with HS ()
Date: August 28, 2011 10:24AM

Army vs Navy

Posted by: Let's Rumble ()
Date: August 28, 2011 11:08AM

Dogwood Elementary versus Forest Edge Elementary

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: August 28, 2011 12:16PM

Hmm, Langley and McLean seem to be pretty high on the list...

http://mclean.patch.com/articles/langley-students-vandalize-mclean-high-insult-step-team

Posted by: Thamagicalarab ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:29PM

Stuart vs falls church

Posted by: EHS 89 ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:54PM

When I was in school back in the old Gunston District, I think Edison's rivals would have gone in this order:

1) Hayfield (we played little league ball with most of them, grew up at some of the same elementary schools as well)
2) Lee (same thing...right down the road)
3) Mt Vernon, mainly a historical thing I guess. I never had it "in" for the school, just some of their players.

4) Everyone else I suppose. West Potomac was still new as it started my freshman year, so we didn't have any history with them. And of course that meant Groveton and Fort Hunt (which was a HUGE rivalry in the old Gunston) were gone....

Now. Not sure...in football, probably Stone Bridge, but that's just one sport. Maybe it's still Hayfield based on the short distance?

Posted by: student ()
Date: August 28, 2011 02:03PM

PVI and O'Connell

Posted by: oddball ()
Date: August 29, 2011 03:52PM

Annandale Vs. Everyone

annandale fans are definatly not the most sportsmanship minded. You'd know that if you attended a Lacrosse or basketball game

Posted by: John Walker ()
Date: October 04, 2011 02:49AM

HAHAHHAAAAHHA thats funny as shit

Posted by: Andy Hay es ()
Date: October 04, 2011 02:54AM

"The Battle of Chantilly" Westfield vs. Chantilly is by far the greatest rivalry of all time in NoVa. If you have never been to one of these games before i suggest you attend.It has the feeling of a college rivalry game to the likes of Ohio State vs Michigan, Texas vs. Oklahoma or Florida vs Georgia. Its like Yankees vs. Red Sox.

Posted by: Fairfax111 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 01:44PM

If definitely use to be Fairfax-Woodson.

Posted by: street baller ()
Date: October 04, 2011 01:59PM

Everyone knows it South Lakes & Herndon since 1979 that why they still play each other even if they are not in same district

Posted by: LaxWife ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:12AM

Chantilly vs. Centreville - The Sully Bowl

But I think The Falls Church vs Jeb Stuart BELL GAME is probably the longest running and most fun. The bell is gorgeous and it means a lot to the school that wins each year.

GO JAGUARS!

Posted by: Woody Hayes ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:18AM

Andy Hay es Wrote:
> "The Battle of Chantilly" Westfield vs. Chantilly
> is by far the greatest rivalry of all time in
> NoVa. If you have never been to one of these games
> before i suggest you attend.It has the feeling of
> a college rivalry game to the likes of Ohio State
> vs Michigan, Texas vs. Oklahoma or Florida vs
> Georgia. Its like Yankees vs. Red Sox.

Maybe you should call it the hyperbole bowl. Two schools full of poseurs who live in the blandest suburbia in the region.

Posted by: Guru ()
Date: October 06, 2011 09:07AM

TJ vs. Chinese Embassy

Posted by: DEStewart01 ()
Date: November 04, 2011 01:33PM

Stuart vs. Falls Church - The Bell Game!

what other rivalry has an awesome name like that? and a bell from a u.s. navy ship as it's tropy? (the U.S.S. JEB Stuart) the winner keeps the Bell for a year, and has the score engraved on it.

the Bell was given to Stuart when it opened in '59. the principal offered it up as a prize to the winner of the football game, as a way to channel the rivalry between F.C. and Stuart, which was brewing big time then. half of Stuart's kids had been part of the old F.C. High School prior to '59. so immediately they were rivals, having been classmates the year before.

ive heard old urban legends about lots of rumbles between FC and Stuart kids in the 60's. knife fights. you name it.

anyway. KEEP THE BELL! GO STUART

Posted by: Cowbell Bob ()
Date: November 04, 2011 02:12PM

As far as an up and coming rivalry, it is Broad Run vs. Briar Woods. I know they are in Eastern Loudoun, but hopefully in a few years they will be in the Northern Region Division 5 district.

Those two teams just plain ol don't like each other. Almost 10,000 fans in attendance at Briar in late August this year to tip off the season.

As far as Fairfax, Stuart v FC is cool, but both teams are so irrelavent that it has been diminished.

Chantilly v Westfield has recent history, and for some reason is more intense than Westfield v Centreville.

Robinson and Lake Braddock will be mired in mediocrity for the forseeable future, so that has lost some luster.

Posted by: riley ()
Date: November 04, 2011 02:55PM

I went to Robinson. Lake Braddock was always the traditional rival, and I assume it is today now that Robinson is back to sucking and the stature of the competition now plays less into the emotion of its rivalries, however when I was there in the late 90s it was Lake Braddock that was falling while we were on the rise. But there was one last great crescendo of spirit in facing them before it died down and we set our sights on better teams. It was the district playoff game in 1996. That was probably the height of the Robinson-Lake Braddock rivalry in all its years (at least from our perspective). They had destroyed us with a score of 33-2 earlier in the year when we visited them for their homecoming game. They were ranked #5 by the WP at the time while we were struggling to even make it into the playoffs. But we managed to barely get in with a record of 7-3. Our first opponent: LB. Nobody gave us a chance and I remember all week the coaches and everybody on the team talked that up, that nobody believed in us. The energy and anticipation that week was incredible. And when we finally did meet in that game, when the stakes were highest, we came away with the win 19-16. It came down to the last minute though and I'll never forget the feeling of upsetting them and their fans on their home field, ending their season and championship hopes.

But the next year it was all about Centreville and we approached the LB game as just another one to tick off on our journey to states.

Posted by: WHS ()
Date: November 04, 2011 04:02PM

Westfield vs. Chantilly hands down. I just graduated from Westfield and we hate eachother. Not just in football and basketball, but in general. We just don't like eachother.

Posted by: Herndon ()
Date: November 04, 2011 04:15PM

Southlakes/Herndon basketball in the 90's was great..Since then both head coaches are gone and its not the same level

Posted by: Luis ()
Date: November 08, 2011 04:35PM

For sure is Jeb Stuart and Falls church (I the Bell Game) and that is in important for all the Raiders Students even if they dont go to the playoff that is like a championship for us. GO RAIDERS.

Posted by: SucksToSuck ()
Date: December 18, 2012 03:56PM

STUART HIGH VS FALLS CHURCH.
Being a student at Stuart, I can tell you that we completely despise the Jaguars, dating a jaguar is like a total crime over here...I'm talking from experience.
The bell game is amazing and basically the whole school from both sides are there, though this year our team wasn't that good this year, we're ready to kick some unappreciated asses next year.
GO RAIDERS!!!

Posted by: Ancient Bruin ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:39PM

Back in the late 70's through the late 80's, Lake Braddock's biggest rival was for sure Robinson but, we also had some good tussles with West Springfield and of course, T.C. Williams.

Posted by: Jay D ()
Date: December 18, 2012 08:39PM

Edison and Hayfield no doubt

Posted by: Dev ()
Date: December 18, 2012 10:17PM

Hiram Goldblatt Wrote:
> Islamic Saudi Academy vs Gesher Jewish Day School

LMAO

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: December 19, 2012 06:54AM

Tilly vs centreville was huge until westfield opened. Oakton vs madison was a big deal until oakton got good in sports. Oakton vs robinson was big in the early 2000's. Especially in lax

Posted by: JBeach ()
Date: October 05, 2013 02:37PM

Falls Church vs. JEB Stuart in the 70's was a war. there were rumbles behind the bleachers, with bats, clubs, knifes, and knuckles. The only game that mattered, was beating Stuart. The game in '79 was played on a Thursday evening to try to stop the fighting. That was the first game I started as a tightend for FC as a junior. I was dating the head cheerleader from Stuart, she was a lifeguard at Lee Graham pool the summer before. I caught a pass from our running back, Mike Grayson, and ran 67 yards in the last minute of the game, to get us inside the 5 yard line. We scored and won the bell! Then I had to take her to the Homecoming dance (she was the Homecoming queen) in a limo with three other couples, all of which were Stuart football players and cheerleaders. AWKWARD!! We kicked there ass the next year too. HA HA

Posted by: Robinson ()
Date: February 04, 2014 09:03PM

What was the Rivaliry between robinson secondary and Lake Braddock?Idk when but one of the secondary schools graffitied the other....It was Robinson or Lake Braddock.....

Posted by: deffinitly ()
Date: February 04, 2014 10:25PM

WEST SPRINGFIELD V.S. lake braddock

Posted by: kill bill ()
Date: March 14, 2016 11:34AM

Stuart vs the atoms had been brewing for the past 5 year or so. And with the coming 2016-17 season its going to be a big game

Posted by: '77 Atom ()
Date: March 14, 2016 01:09PM

In the 60's and 70's Annandale's biggest rival was Woodson. The team we wanted to beat most in Football was TC, but Woodson was much closer and we played them in everything. Both teams were very good in those days in almost every sport, but Annandale was better in football than just about everyone.

Posted by: Wxfmx ()
Date: March 14, 2016 01:15PM

TC and that racist Ed Henry from Marshall

Posted by: Smartie ()
Date: March 14, 2016 02:32PM

TJ vs. themselves.

Posted by: Homey G ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:31PM

Robinson vs. Lake Braddock.

I went to Robinson in the late 90's. They told us that these two schools made the most money on sports (large crowds), so the county forced them to split up proceeds so they wouldn't be as dominant. One kid in my class was beat up by a group of Lake Braddock kids at a McDonald's parking lot simply for wearing a Robinson Varsity jacket. He was put in the hospital for weeks with a neck brace and almost died. The video showed the Braddock kids kicking him in the head while he was down. Legally this is considered second degree murder and the kids got in serious trouble. During this time the western part of the county really developed with the other super sub-schools playing a larger role. Robinson Centerville was a big football rivalry each winning a state championship by knocking the other out. I also heard a story from a teacher that went to Woodson that they were Lake Braddock rivals in the 70's / 80's and he actually spray painted a statue of the Braddock mascot. He then went on to say that it was stupid and don't do that kind of stuff.

Posted by: Ram Rod ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:43PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Chantilly Westfield, not even close.
>
> Lake Braddock and Robinson aren't even in the same
> district.

Yet, they play each other every year, because it's a RIVALRY! It's easy to have a rivalry when you play in the same conference. The fact that Lake Braddock and Robinson aren't in the same conference, yet they schedule each other every year tells you everything you need to know.

Posted by: This is SO Stupid ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:49PM

Unless you are George Allen, or maybe want to BE George Allen, who gives a flying, flaming, farting FUCK about stuff like this?

Football is wonderful, encouraging rape, gang style beatings, and destruction of property. But, you can probably wear that varsity jacket at your job at Target.

Posted by: bcGNd ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:58PM

TJ vs. ??????

Posted by: heymack ()
Date: March 29, 2016 02:30PM

Ancient history because they moved all the middle/upper class Annandale neighborhoods to Woodson and Annandale is now nothing more than a foreign school with a smattering of whites....basically sucks at every sport now as a result.

whose your daddy Wrote:
> Jdub Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who is Annandale's biggest rival?
>
> For about 30-35 years it was Woodson but then all
> the districts realigned and Woodson renewed it's
> rivalary with Fairfax and now the Annandale
> rivalary is ancient history.

Posted by: Duhhh ()
Date: March 29, 2016 02:37PM

Truthmeister Wrote:
> Stuart and Falls Church
>
> Langley and McLean
>
> Robinson and Lake Braddock
>
> Chantilly and Westfield

This plus oakton vs madison. Back when Annandale was dominant the best ticket around was Annandale vs. Woodson.

Posted by: Concord ()
Date: March 30, 2016 09:42AM

Sunny D Wrote:
> Your Name Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > JEB Stuart vs. Falls Church (bell game,
> anyone?)
>
> Falls Church Jaguars all the way!!!!!

Fuck out of here with those shitty ass teams

Posted by: amen I say ()
Date: March 30, 2016 10:42AM

Homey G Wrote:
> Robinson vs. Lake Braddock.
>
> I went to Robinson in the late 90's. They told us
> that these two schools made the most money on
> sports (large crowds), so the county forced them
> to split up proceeds so they wouldn't be as
> dominant. One kid in my class was beat up by a
> group of Lake Braddock kids at a McDonald's
> parking lot simply for wearing a Robinson Varsity
> jacket. He was put in the hospital for weeks with
> a neck brace and almost died. The video showed the
> Braddock kids kicking him in the head while he was
> down. Legally this is considered second degree
> murder and the kids got in serious trouble. During
> this time the western part of the county really
> developed with the other super sub-schools playing
> a larger role. Robinson Centerville was a big
> football rivalry each winning a state championship
> by knocking the other out. I also heard a story
> from a teacher that went to Woodson that they were
> Lake Braddock rivals in the 70's / 80's and he
> actually spray painted a statue of the Braddock
> mascot. He then went on to say that it was stupid
> and don't do that kind of stuff.

This is why I don't worship at the altar of the Football God.

Posted by: 7WbLJ ()
Date: April 02, 2016 08:40AM

Football fans are a bunch of "loosers"

Posted by: WSH LAX platinum ()
Date: April 02, 2016 10:03PM

I ruled the school. If you looked at me wrong I would have Skyscraper whip the shut out of your ass. You wish you had my life, pussyfoot.

Posted by: FB L ()
Date: September 16, 2016 02:43PM

You guys cant call stuart, lee, falls church teams like that shitty. When you compare teams like battelfield, westfield and south county. The schools aint even in the same division. Its a whole different league of schools.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.