HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Does anyone remember Three Chefs?
Posted by: spinach is delicate ()
Date: May 01, 2020 01:00AM

Sounds good but I wouldn't boil the spinach, just perhaps quickly steam it or dunk in boiling water for a second to wilt it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Davey Boy ()
Date: May 30, 2020 11:26AM

OMG Yes I remember 3 Chefs.. I remember Matt-so horny- always making off color remarks about girls, Maureen waitress at Sound stage married with kids-, John Grooms Mgr woodbridge had a great laugh, Big Guy that used to be MGR at Annandale he could have played for the Redskins, Bill Shepard mgr of rt 50 and later bentley's ,I think the hotel bought the rest. and Shepard still ran it. Mr.Rapley VP who was from england and always walked with one hand in his coat pocket, The crazy guy with glasses that ran the mexican place on Lee HWY- I can believe the story about drinking till dawn. Marcy hostess/bouncer at the Sound Stage, she was from France I think..I remember when the Sound Stage switched from country/western to DISCO music. Ou-lala... Lorainne I think was the head Hostess at the Spaghetti Mill. Kenny(mgr) and Tammy(waitress) that worked at the 3 Chefs in Arl near Marios pizza. Bill Wills the owner of the corp. A little guy that started in WVa running bars in coaltowns-using a baseball bat to keep order ( he was barley 5ft tall) ended up with a multi-million dollar restaurant empire that streched from calif to Va. He was a great guy and just full of down home wisdom and a great business sense. George the one eyed baker that made all the rolls and Banana Bread and pancake batters. Marta the latin women who was the prep cook at the Old Spaghetti Mill and made all the sauces.
Yes I remember 3 chefs. Yes... I worked for 3 chefs and would sometimes be found in the parking lot at 5am sipping bourbon with my fellow employees , starting to see the first light of sunrise. Wondering just how much sleep i could get before I had to be back for work.
Would love to hear from any with memories of 3 chefs. Found this blog trying to look up a recipe for the bleu cheese dressing that they used to make. They would reduce the cider vinegar on the stove to make it a little more pungent, it was great!!! must go now but will check back. Best wishes and good health to all in these trying times. :-)

Posted by: Leonor ()
Date: September 25, 2020 04:30PM

I worked there On the back on production lots of work but learned a lot about American cooking in the mid 70’s and my sister was a cook from 6 to 3pm 1975

Posted by: Leonor ()
Date: September 25, 2020 04:39PM

Hello
What is your name it seems like you know all the life of the good days of Mr Wills empire. My sister Lu worked at three chefs for many years. The Latin lady Martha is also my sister we are from Colombia and are still in the Annandale area. We used to live in one of Mr Wills house in Annandale we all work for him at Three Chefs. Spaghetti Mill, El Palacio.

Posted by: Steve Shelton ()
Date: May 02, 2021 11:43PM

I worked at three chefs on Wilson Blvd. I remember a guy named Matt that was going to a cooking school. I showed him how to know when to flip a pancake. I believe the managers name was Rightly? Kinda a blur as I was partying hard at the time. If you remember a cook with a black eye that was me.

Posted by: Bonita ()
Date: May 29, 2021 02:53PM

Worked at 3Chefs when it was in the River House complex off Joyce Street in Arlington in the late 60’s. Managers were sisters-in-law I believe. Great bunch to work with. Fun.

Posted by: David Hopper ()
Date: May 31, 2021 09:56PM

This menu was in a pile of keepsakes from my mother.
Attachments:
IMG_20210531_185121.jpg
IMG_20210531_185129.jpg
IMG_20210531_185132.jpg
IMG_20210531_185139.jpg

Posted by: lin ()
Date: July 03, 2021 04:50AM

the best fried chicken, fabulous pancakes. green uniforms on waitresses, white aprons and white shoes. three chefs on Wilson blvd. 70s was a fun time all around!!

Posted by: Brian H ()
Date: October 18, 2021 04:34PM

I remember them well, that's where I had my first real job....That was back in 1973 and I was 16 years old. I was a busboy and paid the minimum wage of $1.65 an hour. I remember going home after work every day sticky from syrup and stinking like coffee grinds, but their food was really good....I loved their Va ham sandwich and their amazing omelets and pancakes (their German Apple pancake was incredible) - and they had Pappy Parkers fried chicken and potato wedges by the bucket that sold like crazy too....I remember two restaurants - the one in Annadale where 236 and Wilson Blvd split and there was another one in Falls Church off of rt 50 and Graham Rd....good stuff

Posted by: Wha-Cha- Doin ()
Date: October 19, 2022 12:38PM

Dems were good days

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.