HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Accident on Braddock road [at Rt. 123]
Posted by: Phil ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:12PM

Anyone know what happened on Braddock road bear gmu it's closed Both directions

edit by Cary: Added "[at Rt. 123]" to the subject to distinguish between the other recent accident on Braddock at Twinbrook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 06:17PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accident on Braddock road
Posted by: Hopefully someone ran over Liz ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:15PM

Karma is a bitch.

Posted by: Traffic News ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:18PM

This is the only information WTOP has on it...

3:15 PM
Fairfax County
FAIRFAX CITY: EB BRADDOCK RD CLOSED BETWEEN SHIRLEYGATE RD AND ROUTE 123 - RIGHT LANE GETS BY WB - DUE TO ACCIDENT

Posted by: Guest ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:21PM

Possibly a fatality

Posted by: dang another one ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:29PM

Eastbound Braddock Road is closed at Shirley Gate Rd and westbound Braddock Road is closed at Rt123 for a fatal crash on Braddock Rd at North Hill Drive. Police are on scene re-routing traffic. Motorists are asked to avoid that area and seek alternative routes. This closure will most likely extend through evening rush hour.

Posted by: Shirley Gate Rd ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:37PM

Sad to hear someone died.

Is Shirley Gate Rd cursed? How many people have died on that road?

Posted by: Curse of Braddock Road ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:38PM

Shirley Gate Rd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sad to hear someone died.
>
> Is Shirley Gate Rd cursed? How many people have
> died on that road?

Not enough?

Posted by: MeQ ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:42PM

Was it a car accident or did a pedestrian get struck

Posted by: WTF, over? ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:42PM

Come on, people! Slow the fuck down and put away your stupid goddammed cell phones when you're driving!

Posted by: KarmaKop ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:46PM

Another "amazing and wonderful angel who was so caring and amazing and perfect saint with a million billion friends" and blah blah blahhhhhhhh died in the accident .

What a tragic tragic loss...how will the world eer go on.....

oh the humanity.

Posted by: Braddock Road Angel ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:49PM

KarmaKop Wrote:
> Another "amazing and wonderful angel who was so
> caring and amazing and perfect saint with a
> million billion friends" and blah blah blahhhhhhhh
> died in the accident .
>
>
>
> What a tragic tragic loss...how will the world eer
> go on.....
>
>
> oh the humanity.

WTF, over? Wrote:
> Come on, people! Slow the fuck down and put away
> your stupid goddammed cell phones when you're
> driving!

SLOW DOWN OR MEET THY DOOOOOOOOM!!!
Attachments:
machine-gun-angel.jpg

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: July 19, 2011 03:55PM

KarmaKop, this was a fatality, are you too stupid to realize that means that someone has just lost a loved one? Without knowing who was at fault (really regardless of) can you have some fucking compasion for the family and not post post your ignorant thoughts here. Not everyone killed in a accident was texting or drinking and many times, the person that dies was the one abiding by the traffic laws when they were stuck by some moron not paying attention. And you know what, karma is a bitch and God knows that no one should ever have to lose someone this way but in the event you ever have to experience this, i hope you go online and find people talking shit about your deceased love one and boo whooing you for you loss.

Date: July 19, 2011 04:03PM

"karma is a bitch"

oh boy here we go again....
Attachments:
You-must-be-new-here.jpg

Date: July 19, 2011 04:04PM

"i dont like it when you do this so I hope it happens to you..."

very mature.

Posted by: WTF ()
Date: July 19, 2011 04:13PM

Fuck you .... it already has........and read shit before you speak, I said "God knows that no one should ever have to lose someone this way but in the event you ever have to experience this, i hope you go online and find people talking shit about your deceased love one and boo whooing you for you loss."

Very mature????

"Another "amazing and wonderful angel who was so caring and amazing and perfect saint with a million billion friends" and blah blah blahhhhhhhh died in the accident .

What a tragic tragic loss...how will the world eer go on.....

People who have lost their loved one go to the internet searching for information and what they find is cold-hearted statements made by people like you. And with your....oh boy, here we go again shit, I am sure I am not the first person you offended with your crass ass statements.

Date: July 19, 2011 04:18PM

I understand that peole today have become so wrapped up in themselves, they don't pay attention, they drive wreckless like they are the only ones using the road. I have lived in the Burke area my entire life, I see the idiots the have migrated here. All I am saying is that it is usually THAT idiot that lives and takes someone elses live. I am not trying to be argumentative in here, I was simply trying to find any information on the accident because I know so many people in that area. This website is one of the first you find when anything happens around here and it has to be a awful feeling to be sitting the mourning the loss of someone in your life and to come across stuff like this

Posted by: true ()
Date: July 19, 2011 04:29PM

So many drivers around here only think about what is going on in their little lives.

I agree that that everyone needs to slow the fuck down and not text or use a cell phone while driving. It is as simple as that.

Posted by: TCF ()
Date: July 19, 2011 04:30PM

anyone know what kind of cars were involved?

Posted by: Got Glock ()
Date: July 19, 2011 04:39PM

WJLA's site says 3 cars and a work truck of some kind. Wonder if some kind of lawn crew's truck pulled out from that neighbor hood ( no light ) making a left hand turn and got hit by east bound traffic ?

Posted by: MadMatt ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:17PM

Saw the wreck, a brown sedan was beat up and they had cut the roof off to get people out, Also saw the work truck on its side blocking all travel lanes, the front of it had pushed a van all the way to the curb and the roof of the work truck was completely caved in like someone had hit it. It wasn't a small work truck either, had a huge open bed. Sad to hear that someone else has passed away from a traffic accident in that area, also very sad to see that some people don't contain any decency!

Posted by: A000 ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:27PM

AGREED!!! it was sad seeing that....sucks that some people are not conscious when it comes to driving....but accidents can happen to ANYONE...SO those out there talking nothing but shit need to grow da fuck up n stop saying dumb shit....

Posted by: FairfaxPatchReader ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:27PM

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:34PM

The driver was driving the wrong way! How the fuck do you possibly confuse which direction to drive in on that part of braddock road?!?!?!

Date: July 19, 2011 05:38PM

Two cars looked to have collided closer to North Hill Drive, one of which had spun around. Farther west, another truck's hood was folded around a small tree in the Braddock median strip. Next to it, an overturned crate truck's crushed cab held a cargo van off balance.

Posted by: Darwin ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:43PM

At least the dumb shit driver removed himself from our gene pool.

"The as-of-yet unidentified truck's driver was killed in the accident, according to Fairfax City Fire Chief Dave Rohr."

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:53PM

Got this from traffic map on WashPost:

Closed due to accident - BRADDOCK RD East before ST RTE 123 3:09 PM
* involving an overturned dump truck, a motorcyclist, and multiple passenger vehicles-slows from shirley gate rd

Motorcycle. Oh that's not good.

Posted by: Wurmy ()
Date: July 19, 2011 05:58PM

Motorcycle?

O boy....again

Posted by: LocalResident ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:05PM

4 people died is what neighbors are being told - truck went wrong way and encountered drivers (both lanes) speeding (EM personel on scene estimate must have been going 60+ racing to get thru the Braddock/123 light before it turned red; at 60+ mph, they did not have time to stop, cars behiond them were going too fast to stop too. Combination of driver going wrong way plus speed cost 4 lives.

Posted by: Cold McColderson ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:14PM

MAYBE FOUR PEOPEL DIED BECAUSE NO ONE PUT SOME FUCKING BLANKETS ON THEM

THATS HOW YOU TREAT SHOCK NIMROD!!!!

LULZ

Posted by: driving the WRONG way ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:14PM

So sad for all involved. It could have been any of us when the driver who caused the accident was going the wrong way.

Nova is a bad area for drivers.

RIP!

Posted by: Blazes Boylan ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:15PM

This entire website is a simmering pile of shit

Posted by: FFFF ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:16PM

So leave. GTFO. Don't come back

Or stay and keep bitching.

Posted by: TubaGuy ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:18PM

Maybe it was caused by the Tuba guy?

Posted by: Omfg ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:34PM

Just heard on the scanner that there was ANOTHER wreck at North Hill and Braddock (involving injury).

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:34PM

Wrong way on Braddock.............wow.

Braddock can be pretty quiet in that stretch if the 123 light is holding cars back, so maybe nobody was coming when the worktruck got going at first.

I'm assuming they werent familiar with the area, being a worktruck

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:37PM

Shit, there is some kind of accident on Braddock between the parkway and Sideburn EVERY DAY. Effs up traffic like crazy. I keep trying to find ways to avoid Braddock in that area because of it.

Date: July 19, 2011 06:40PM

used to be even worse back when it was two lanes (remember back when there was only a passing zone near the State Police Barracks)

there was a Killer Tree between 123 and ShirleyGate (kinda near where this accident happened) that one time killed 2/3 ppl in one night in two separate fatalities.

Posted by: BlanketsRUs ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:41PM

Maybe we should stockpile more blankets in the area for future accidents. Because, when you're bleeding and dying, the only solution is some mother fucking BLANKETS!!!!

Posted by: afriend ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:44PM

they were great friend u guyz are such insensitive bastards. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would you slike it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. This blog is crap!!!! y do u think dat is funny fuck u if u dont know them because YOU DONT PEACE OUT

Posted by: jkc ()
Date: July 19, 2011 06:46PM

I live on the corner of north hill and braddock and heard the latest crash. Went to be nosy and no one seemed injured.

Date: July 19, 2011 06:53PM

@afriend - this is not the place to mourn lost comrades. Trust me. Click that "X" in the top right part of yr computer screen and stay FAR AWAY from here - just friendly advice................and sorry for yr loss, k?

Date: July 19, 2011 07:08PM

jkc Wrote:
> I live on the corner of north hill and braddock
> and heard the latest crash. Went to be nosy and no
> one seemed injured.

Not terribly observant, are you?

Date: July 19, 2011 07:10PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @afriend - this is not the place to mourn lost
> comrades. Trust me. Click that "X" in the top
> right part of yr computer screen and stay FAR AWAY
> from here - just friendly
> advice................and sorry for yr loss, k?

My X is in the top left.

Posted by: Rick ()
Date: July 19, 2011 07:19PM

Shadow Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @afriend - this is not the place to mourn lost
> > comrades. Trust me. Click that "X" in the top
> > right part of yr computer screen and stay FAR
> AWAY
> > from here - just friendly
> > advice................and sorry for yr loss, k?
>
> My X is in the top left.

Macs are strictly forbidden.

One more accident and the board will ruin braddock and make the speed limit 35

Posted by: Your Boy ()
Date: July 19, 2011 07:24PM

I think we can all take away a valuable lesson from this accident. When you go the wrong way on a four-lane highway, you're fucking dead.
Attachments:
wrong way.png

Posted by: jkc ()
Date: July 19, 2011 07:37PM

was looking right at it - they put an empty stretcher in the ambulance...i guess if there were injuries thet must've been minor. maybe you're right though and i have terrible observation skills.

Posted by: FF/EMT ()
Date: July 19, 2011 07:46PM

As a Firefighter/EMT, I can offer the following professional assessment of the incident - THE FUCKING COPS ON THE SCENE WERE IDIOTS.

I was heading out of Mason on Braddock and headed across 123...and was stuck in a traffic armageddon trying to get across 123. It took several cycles of the light...only to crawl slowly toward the accident until it was in view...at which point all traffic was directed to pull a U turn. WTF? The accident was 1/4 of a mile down Braddock and almost nothing was accessible in that stretch. Why the fuck did the cops not put someone at the intersection of Braddock and 123 and direct people to go right or left rather than into the scene?

As it was, people blocked the box crossing 123 on Braddock going toward the scene, only to be turned around back to the same fucked up intersection...at which point it was nearly fucking impossible to turn left on to 123 given that people on Braddock were still blocking the box heading (crawling) toward the scene.

This was more than an inconvenience...it also seriously fucked with ambulances trying to leave the scene on their way to either the hospital or a nearby helo LZ.

While the Fire side is in charge of the incident, it's on the doughnut eaters to manage traffic...not rush directly to the scene, set up cones, and then lean on their cars for the incident duration.

Fucking morons. Whatever lazy ass was in charge on the police side should be disciplined.

Prayers for those involved. My slight inconvenience is obviously not an issue. That's not why I am bitching. I am bitching because these jack boot morons are not doing their job...but you can bet your ass they will bust your balls when you slip up. This laziness could have also delayed needed medical care to those involved and set the stage for additional accidents.

Get fucking angry people. Demand better...and stop wasting your time trolling on the internet like some useless slug...who takes up space, consumes resources, and adds no value to the world....fucking idiots.

Date: July 19, 2011 07:53PM

A professional assessment is "the fucking cops on the scene were idiots?"

Take your volunteer candy ass bullshit out of this forum and stop posing as an actual professional.

Posted by: iaff ()
Date: July 19, 2011 07:59PM

FFFF Wrote:
> A professional assessment is "the fucking cops on
> the scene were idiots?"
>
> Take your volunteer candy ass bullshit out of this
> forum and stop posing as an actual professional.

You beat me to it, right on, fucking ticks,a little knowledge is dangerous

Posted by: LOL LOL ()
Date: July 19, 2011 08:03PM

Oh no....high school dropouts with 19 weeks of training who now consider themselves professionals! Int'l association of flunked out freeloaders! LOL!

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: July 19, 2011 08:06PM

I think that you folks might be saying that you are pro FFs and that the guy posting about traffic is a volunteer. Is that right?

If so, I just lost a lot of respect for "pro FFs" given that his post mad sense and did seem to indicate a problem and both of your posts were pretty much just petty name calling that didn't address one of the points that he made.

Pretty sad. Way to be a pro.

Date: July 19, 2011 08:10PM

you know something?..................there isnt one "wrong way" sign on Braddock in that stretch, is there?

and for you, FF/EMT:

Get fucking angry people. Demand better...and stop wasting your time trolling on the internet like some useless slug...who takes up space, consumes resources, and adds no value to the world....fucking idiots.

That just leaves me speechless.....................classic. I ask you, do you have a mirror in your house? You really need to take a good look at it, friend.

Posted by: Yeti ()
Date: July 19, 2011 08:10PM

Date: July 19, 2011 08:14PM

"Given" his post made mad sense?
You're going to assume a guy stuck in traffic of a halacious car wreck has any insight into how that scene was handled? You belong with that nearsighted fuck.
Here's what makes "mad sense" you ingrate.

No matter how many years of training you have, no matter what rank you are, no matter volunteer or paid, you can't judge how things are handled when you're not there, when you don't know the facts, and if you're not a part of it. The "professional assessment" of the incident, from a man who WASN'T AT THE INCIDENT.

I got an idea...Howabout I speculate on how tight your sister's pussy is, when the only thing I have fucked is your dad's ass? Would you believe that makes "mad sense" just because I claim to be some 'professional' online? You're a gullible troll fuck.

Who's to say those boot-jockey brothers in blue weren't doing CPR? (it does happen)
Who's to say they weren't holding a severed arm from bleeding out?
WHo's to fucking say they didn't just do the best god damn job of their careers while your butthurt in traffic.

You're going to be begging for those 19-weeks-of-training personnel when you have some cock-goblin citizen throwing blankets on you when you wrap your car around a pole on the way to your will & grace convention.

As far as volunteers vs. paid, and the differences....well that's a dead horse in another thread and I'm not bringing it up here.

Posted by: Qwerty ()
Date: July 19, 2011 10:35PM

Well I was not there, but FFFF sounds like an arrogant ass and that description of what was going on in that intersections does sound stupid. If that is what was really going on I have no idea how you would interpret it other than as screwed up.

My opinion - based on your words.

Date: July 19, 2011 10:44PM

Arrogant is criticizing something you know nothing about. It's the audacity to claim you know better without actually knowing.

Newsflash: quadruple fatality multiple vehicle wrecks can cause traffic to worsen in an already traffic-plagued area. there's not enough cops on duty to handle the volume of nutcase drivers that they were presented with

Emergency scenes are stressful, chaotic, inconvenient and tough to bring to resolution.

The fact is: sometimes there'll be traffic. I don't think you understand the sheer number of vehicles that almost instantly flood and gridlock ab area after a severe collision like this. It's not as easy as one cop with a whistle yelling to cars "go left or right but you can't go straight here" You simpletons just don't know what you don't know, and you can't admit that.

And unless that little shit for brains was actually driving the ambulance to the hospital, or to the LZ, then he is just speculating and is a cancer to this thread. I know every single responder on that call, and I'd know if there was actually a problem from the point of views from the people actually working; not some snot nosed puke kid with a few weeks of school under his belt who acts like he has 25yrs.

Posted by: Qwerty ()
Date: July 19, 2011 10:50PM

You seem to make a lot of assumptions. At least as many as you say he did, but you weren't there. He supposedly was. So yeah, that makes you come off as fairly arrogant - as do your petty personal attacks on the poster. Do you know him? Do you have any idea if your posts are accurate or if he was firefighting when you were in diapers. Yeah, you sound arrogant.

Sounds to me like there was no reason that the road was not blocked off at the intersection. Letting people drive down braddock to the accident and then making them turn around in a couple hundred feet and causing mayhem in the process doesn't make much sense. Of course, I wasn't there - and neither were you.

So yeah, you seem like an ass.

I'll leave it at that because that OP left or just ignored you, but you seem to be plagued by "internet tough guy syndrome" and need to have the last word. Go for it Conan.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 19, 2011 11:16PM

TubaGuy Wrote:
> Maybe it was caused by the Tuba guy?

If he was nearby, I hope he played something appropriate.

Posted by: Crapamonga ()
Date: July 20, 2011 02:31AM

how how how do three more drivers get hit after this moron driving basically a box truck took out the first driver?

not sure how this was possible at 2:30 in the afternoon

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20110719/NEWS/707199956/1076/1117/One-dead-four-injured-in-Braddock-Road-crash&template=fairfaxTimes

One dead, four injured in Braddock Road crash

Police: Truck struck four cars, flipped over

by Gregg MacDOnald, Staff Writer
One man is dead and four others are injured after a truck going the wrong way down Braddock Road struck four cars and then flipped over.

Shortly before 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, a man driving what police described as "a work truck the size of a box-truck, but with an open bed" was travelling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Braddock Road near North Hill Drive, about a mile from George Mason University. Police are not certain of the make or model of the truck, or if it belongs to a particular company.

"The truck struck four vehicles before overturning," said Fairfax County Police spokesman Bud Walker. "The driver of the truck was pronounced dead at the scene."

Four individuals from four vehicles, a Honda Civic and three Chevrolet models, were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, Walker said.

The driver's identity has not yet been made public and police said they are uncertain why the man was traveling the wrong way on Braddock Road.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine his cause of death.

gmacdonald@fairfaxtimes.com

Posted by: mmm ()
Date: July 20, 2011 07:24AM

Why does anonymity turn everyone into insensitive, confrontational and hateful people? You wouldn't even be 1/10 as rude to someone's face.

Posted by: autopsy ()
Date: July 20, 2011 08:26AM

Cause of death was from being stupid. No need for an autopsy.

Posted by: autopsy ()
Date: July 20, 2011 08:58AM

autopsy Wrote:
> Cause of death was from being stupid. No need for
> an autopsy.

I bet they want to find out if he was drinking or not.

Posted by: Fairfax-or-Mayberry ()
Date: July 20, 2011 10:07AM

I'm with FF/EMT on the issue of traffic control at major accidents. The same thing he described -- Fairfax County cops turning traffic around instead of directing traffic from the nearest intersection -- happened at a crash I saw on Franconia Rd, just east of Beulah St, maybe a year ago. All the westbound traffic was made to do a U-turn at the scene, rather than being directed down Beulah St. This caused major backups down Franconia Rd, and even into the beltway because people coming in from Van Dorn St had to accomodate the U-turners. I pointed out to one of the cops (who was just standing there) that they should direct traffic from the intersection instead. The response was "Sir, we've got everything under control."

Fairfax cops really seem to lack some level of insight into how to handle big incidents. Advice? (FFFF you listening?) Go do some training in New York City, those guys know their job.

Posted by: witness ()
Date: July 20, 2011 10:11AM

Fairfax-or-Mayberry Wrote:
> I'm with FF/EMT on the issue of traffic control at
> major accidents. The same thing he described --
> Fairfax County cops turning traffic around instead
> of directing traffic from the nearest intersection
> -- happened at a crash I saw on Franconia Rd, just
> east of Beulah St, maybe a year ago. All the
> westbound traffic was made to do a U-turn at the
> scene, rather than being directed down Beulah St.
> This caused major backups down Franconia Rd, and
> even into the beltway because people coming in
> from Van Dorn St had to accomodate the U-turners.
> I pointed out to one of the cops (who was just
> standing there) that they should direct traffic
> from the intersection instead. The response was
> "Sir, we've got everything under control."
>
> Fairfax cops really seem to lack some level of
> insight into how to handle big incidents. Advice?
> (FFFF you listening?) Go do some training in New
> York City, those guys know their job.

Saw this last week on 193. Tree down across the road and rather than re-routing traffic at the nearest intersection (road was completely blocked), traffic was forced to U-turn in front of the incident.

Posted by: XCtUe ()
Date: July 20, 2011 10:45AM

Date: July 20, 2011 11:57AM

I bet that all the ones talkin shit are nothing but college kids...shame on yall...instead of actin like your age, ya'll act like your shoe size....inmature! But we'll see how yall act if yall are the next one involved in the next car accident.....

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:29PM

Do the AOL-Fairfax Patch and AOL-Burke Patch fight over territory? Why is this accident linked in the AOL-Huffington Post-Burke Patch?

Posted by: Megan ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:17PM

The man had a heart attack. He was 65 and a very nice guy...didn't even have a cell phone. I think the attack killed before the accident. Still a terrible story.

Date: July 20, 2011 03:20PM

I am still completely amazed at the comments on this site. People started talking shit before any details had been released (car descriptions or names). What if it turned out to be someone you knew. This guy was 65, what if he had a heart attack the caused him to cross the median? And i have to agree with a previous post, half of these in here bashing deceased people and those showing concern, could not beat their way out of a wet paper bag....you come onto this blog where adults are trying to have civilized communication, and you take your childhood traumatization out on anyone you can. Grow up and find another blog to terrorize.

Posted by: wtf ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:25PM

Megan, must have been typing when you post came through. Once I saw his age I had a feeling that might have been what happened. Such a sad story and I hope his family never come across this website and has to read the horrible statements that people make here.

Posted by: Just Stop ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:47PM

How can each and every one of you sit there and speculate of things you don't know actual facts about? Do you know Albert? No. Were you at the accident? No. Were you an injured party or family member of one? Did you work the scene? If you can't answer yes to any of those questions, then your feedback is not needed here. Our society breeds enough anger and hate and everyone complains, but look at yourselves. Look at how you have no respect for human life, and before you go claiming that this man, the driver of the work truck was an idiot, or an immigrant, and deserved his fate, why don't you gather a few facts first. Fact 1, this man was working, driving along his normal route during business hours trying to do his job that he makes a living doing, to pay his bills - just as you or I do every single day. He was not drinking, he was not on drugs, he was merely driving to his destination as we all do EVERY DAY! Face 2 - This man was 65 years old and on his journey suffered a heart attack, this heart attack caused him to improperly maintain control of his vehicle, therefore causing this accident. This heart attack probably killed him before the accident actually occurred.

You all sit here and speculate on what you do not know about this man, about this situation. You should be ashamed of yourselves and the people you are - no compassion, no humanity, no sympathy for the situation at all. You're blood thirsty hounds looking to be a part of something, pointing fingers, boiling the blood of those you don't know - for what purpose? Find something more productive that better suites our miserable society and the American life. Be a part of something position, a solution - not the problem.

Posted by: such evil. ()
Date: July 20, 2011 04:44PM

Just Stop Wrote:
> How can each and every one of you sit there and
> speculate of things you don't know actual facts
> about? Do you know Albert? No. Were you at the
> accident? No. Were you an injured party or family
> member of one? Did you work the scene? If you
> can't answer yes to any of those questions, then
> your feedback is not needed here. Our society
> breeds enough anger and hate and everyone
> complains, but look at yourselves. Look at how you
> have no respect for human life, and before you go
> claiming that this man, the driver of the work
> truck was an idiot, or an immigrant, and deserved
> his fate, why don't you gather a few facts first.
> Fact 1, this man was working, driving along his
> normal route during business hours trying to do
> his job that he makes a living doing, to pay his
> bills - just as you or I do every single day. He
> was not drinking, he was not on drugs, he was
> merely driving to his destination as we all do
> EVERY DAY! Face 2 - This man was 65 years old and
> on his journey suffered a heart attack, this heart
> attack caused him to improperly maintain control
> of his vehicle, therefore causing this accident.
> This heart attack probably killed him before the
> accident actually occurred.
>
> You all sit here and speculate on what you do not
> know about this man, about this situation. You
> should be ashamed of yourselves and the people you
> are - no compassion, no humanity, no sympathy for
> the situation at all. You're blood thirsty hounds
> looking to be a part of something, pointing
> fingers, boiling the blood of those you don't know
> - for what purpose? Find something more productive
> that better suites our miserable society and the
> American life. Be a part of something position, a
> solution - not the problem.

THANK YOU! These horrible things people are saying would never be said if they were face to face with anyone. So brave people are behind a screen and a keyboard.

Date: July 20, 2011 05:06PM

Megan Wrote:
> The man had a heart attack. He was 65 and a very
> nice guy...didn't even have a cell phone. I think
> the attack killed before the accident. Still a
> terrible story.

Where did you hear it was a heart attack? And according to the police, the accident killed him.

Re: Accident on Braddock road [at Rt. 123]
Posted by: Wurmy ()
Date: July 20, 2011 07:32PM

Old man is wormfood.

Posted by: Question for Megan ()
Date: July 20, 2011 07:37PM

Are you with CSI?

Too early for any of us to know what caused this.

PS going the WRONG way does not help his case.

Posted by: Wasted Effort ()
Date: July 20, 2011 07:45PM

such evil. Wrote:
> Just Stop Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How can each and every one of you sit there and
> > speculate of things you don't know actual facts
> > about? Do you know Albert? No. Were you at the
> > accident? No. Were you an injured party or
> family
> > member of one? Did you work the scene? If you
> > can't answer yes to any of those questions,
> then
> > your feedback is not needed here. Our society
> > breeds enough anger and hate and everyone
> > complains, but look at yourselves. Look at how
> you
> > have no respect for human life, and before you
> go
> > claiming that this man, the driver of the work
> > truck was an idiot, or an immigrant, and
> deserved
> > his fate, why don't you gather a few facts
> first.
> > Fact 1, this man was working, driving along his
> > normal route during business hours trying to do
> > his job that he makes a living doing, to pay
> his
> > bills - just as you or I do every single day.
> He
> > was not drinking, he was not on drugs, he was
> > merely driving to his destination as we all do
> > EVERY DAY! Face 2 - This man was 65 years old
> and
> > on his journey suffered a heart attack, this
> heart
> > attack caused him to improperly maintain
> control
> > of his vehicle, therefore causing this
> accident.
> > This heart attack probably killed him before
> the
> > accident actually occurred.
> >
> > You all sit here and speculate on what you do
> not
> > know about this man, about this situation. You
> > should be ashamed of yourselves and the people
> you
> > are - no compassion, no humanity, no sympathy
> for
> > the situation at all. You're blood thirsty
> hounds
> > looking to be a part of something, pointing
> > fingers, boiling the blood of those you don't
> know
> > - for what purpose? Find something more
> productive
> > that better suites our miserable society and
> the
> > American life. Be a part of something position,
> a
> > solution - not the problem.
>
>
> THANK YOU! These horrible things people are
> saying would never be said if they were face to
> face with anyone. So brave people are behind a
> screen and a keyboard.

You're tilting at windmills by posting this stuff. You'd be more likely to convince the sun not to set than get any of these trolls to change. These posts are merely fuel for their fire.

Posted by: Hyu ()
Date: July 21, 2011 07:56PM

Any updates on the other injured motorists?

Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: July 22, 2011 06:45AM

Fatal Crash in Fairfax
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2011/072011fatalbraddocknorthhill.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release:11/200/0166/drg(1)
July 20, 2011

Fatal Crash in Fairfax

Sully Police District – A 65-year-old man was killed when the truck he was driving struck several vehicles near the intersection of Braddock Road and Ox Road. The crash occurred shortly before 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19. Albert Spriggs of Sterling was driving a 2009 Chevrolet, stake body truck westbound on Braddock Road. For unknown reasons the truck crossed the median and entered the eastbound lanes of Braddock Road just west of Ox Road. The truck initially sideswiped a Chevrolet van headed eastbound on Braddock Road near the intersection of North Hill Drive and then struck another Chevrolet van head-on. The second impact caused the truck to overturn and come to rest on its side. Spriggs was pronounced dead at the scene.

Three other vehicles travelling eastbound on Braddock Road were also involved in the crash. A total of five people were transported to local hospitals with non life-threatening injuries.

Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in this crash.

Crash reconstruction detectives continue to investigate.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Posted by: Tce ()
Date: July 22, 2011 10:43PM

Megan, There is nothing about a heart attack in the news.

Where did u get your info?

Posted by: missing my friend ()
Date: July 25, 2011 10:10AM

did any of you insensitive people on this site ever think maybe there was a chance this person had a heart attack or something else happened to him other than being wreckless??? for your information, he was my friend, i used to work with him, he was 65 years old and had a heart problems. hope this NEVER happens to any of you or your friends or family BEFORE YOU START ASSUMING THESE GOD AWFUL THINGS YOU HAVE SAID - TO ALL OF THE NEGATIVE & HORRIBLE COMMENTS POSTED HERE - GOD FORBID!!! I just accidentally came on this site after just typing in "braddock road car accident on JULY 19, 2011.I am shocked to see what IDIOTS ARE REALLY OUT THERE...ARE YOU ALL A BUNCH OF DRUNKS???MAYBE YOU NEED SOME KIND OF RE-HAB!!!

Date: July 25, 2011 10:23AM

THANK YOU TO THE PERSON ON HERE called "Wasted Effort" for setting the facts straight about "our" dear friend ALBERT!!!

EVERYONE who worked with him or used to or knew him loved and adored him. He was funny and full of life!

I will say a prayer for all the IDIOTS (I do feel sorry for them) and hope nothing this TRAGIC ever happens to them or their friends/family.

Date: July 25, 2011 10:32AM

missing my friend Wrote:
> I will say a prayer for all the IDIOTS (I do feel
> sorry for them) and hope nothing this TRAGIC ever
> happens to them or their friends/family.

In other words you do. Shame on you, attempting to use prayer to wish ill on others.

Date: July 25, 2011 11:13AM

to the last post from "justsayin" NO I DO "NOT" PRAY ANYTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS TO THEM. YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MIS-UNDERSTOOD" WHAT I WROTE. I WOULD NEVER EVER PRAY ILL WILL ON ANYONE NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE...THAT IS A TERRIBLE THING AND FOR YOU TO THINK THAT IS WHAT I MEANT, WELL,I AM SORRY!!!

YOU ABSOLUTELY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT. I AM JUST TRYIONG TO LET PEOPLE KNOW IT IS A TERRIBLE THING THAT HAPPENDED AND I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THEY NEVER LOOSE S A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER LIKE THAT AND SEE HOW "CRUEL" PEOPLE CAN BE BY MAKING COMMENTS LIKE THAT ABOUT A TRAGIC SITUATION WITHOUT FACTS OR KNOWING THE PERSON.

HOPE YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING NOW. I MISS MY FRIEND ALBERT AND I AM STILL IN SHOCK OVER HIS LOSS. TOO BAD THIS WORLD CAN BE SO CRUEL IN MAKIN G SUCH COMMENTS. AND...I PRAY YOUY NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT. THANK YOU.

Posted by: Obligatory Ticket Search Results ()
Date: July 25, 2011 02:49PM

"SPRIGGS ","ALBERT ","W","058"," 212","EAST STAUNTON ","AV","STERLING ","VA","09/10/2004","70-74MPH/50MPH ZONE "

Date: July 25, 2011 06:02PM

I now understand... I think it was the fact that you yelled at me in upper case that got it through my thick skull. Sorry about your friend, I am hoping for the best for his family and all the others involved in the accident which are still with us and need support.

Date: July 26, 2011 01:12PM

I AM GLAD YOU UNDERSTAND. THE FACT THAT I TYPE IN UPPER CASE IS BECAUSE I PREFER TO SINCE THE LETTERS ARE BIGGER AND I CAN SEE THEM BETTER.....I GUESS I REALLY AM A "COMPUTER IDIOT" (WHICH I ALWAYS REFRER MYSELF AS). DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS CONSIDERED AS "YELLING."

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR UNDERSTANDING ABOUT MY FRIEND.

Date: July 26, 2011 04:32PM

JUST WANT TO THANK (SOME) OF YOU FOR DEFENDING AND BEING SO RESPECTFUL OF MY FRIEND ALBERT WHO DIED IN THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT.

FYI TO ALL THE CRUEL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE: FACT IS HE "DID" HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND HE PROBABLY HAD IT BEROE THE ACCIDENT ACTUALLY HAPPENED - THAT IS WHY HE LOST CONTROL AND ENDED UP GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION - NOT HIS FAULT DUE TO DRUGS, ALCOHOL, SPEED OR WRECKLESS DRIVING.
'
CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW IS FAMILY AND FRIENDS FEEL ABOUT THE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE? PUT YOUR PLACE IN THEIR SHOES!!!

SAY A PRAYER FOR THIS FAMILY -AND ALL THOSE INJURTED (LUCKY THEY STILL HAVE THEIR LIVES & FAMILIES) NOT HURTFUL, UNTRUE THINGS.

Posted by: Please stop yelling at us! ()
Date: July 26, 2011 05:28PM

Your rude.

Date: July 26, 2011 09:25PM

I AM NOT RUDE.....I JUST HAPPEN TO LIKE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS! EASIER TO READ. THE "COMPUTER" LINGO OR WHAT ECER YOU CALL IT IS THE LEAST OF MY WORRIES. PLEASSE READ MY PREVIOUS EXPLANATION.

DON'T YOU THINK THE "MAJORITY" OF THE COMMENTS WRITTEN ON THIS SITE ARE RUDE ABOUT A MAN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW (WHO HAPPENED TO BE A WONDERFUL, FUNNY & LOVING HUMAN BEING). I AM JUST TRYING TO DEFEND HIM - MAY HE REST IN PEACE.

SORRY YOU THINK I'M YELLING - I'M JUST TYPING!!! GOD BLESS.

Posted by: FFU is not an obit page ()
Date: July 26, 2011 09:34PM

Sorry for your friend.

I would stay off here for your sanity.

Posted by: Daughter of Driver ()
Date: February 29, 2012 04:09PM

My father had a massive heart attack while driving his work truck that's what happen!!!

Posted by: Kathy ()
Date: July 01, 2012 04:04PM

You are a heartless piece of trash.

A young mother of a one year old died after suffering extensive injuries and though to being able to survive, only to suffer brain swelling and died. She did nothing wrong. The man who hit her head on and propelled her into oncoming traffic, only to be hit a SECOND time was only 54 and suffered a medical event and died at the scene. This had a tragedy two fold.

I feel sorry for you and hear lack of heart.

Posted by: Kathy ()
Date: July 01, 2012 04:07PM

Beautifully stated. Albert was a victim of a heart attack. My family is friends with the woman who was also killed and there is no blame. Medical tragedies happen. CRUEL COMMENTS on a public forum are the responsibility of those making the statements and they are a CHOICE. Get your facts straight BEFORE posting ridiculous statements. There are grieving family and friends reading these posts.

To the other friend of Albert ...... my heartfelt prayers and condolences go out to you and the family/friends. :( I'm so sorry.

Posted by: Now? ()
Date: July 01, 2012 08:40PM

It's been nearly a year. Why bring this up now?

Posted by: helpful? ()
Date: July 01, 2012 09:27PM

I think someone has the threads mixed up.

This thread concerned an accident where a man was killed about 2 blocks south of Braddock.

The new post appearantly refer to Thursday's accident on Braddock near Shirley Gate road.

I hope I'm wrong, as that would mean a second person has died.

Posted by: Helpful? ()
Date: July 01, 2012 09:33PM

"Accident on Braddock Rd near Shirley Gate - 6/28" would be the correct thread.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.