HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Horrbile Accident @ Twinbrook and Braddock
Posted by: Hey ()
Date: July 16, 2011 10:39PM

Possibly involving a bike. Road shut down both ways with no access to Braddock from Olley to Twinbrook, and Twinbrook inaccessable. Barriers and tape up.

Anyone see/hear anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Horrbile Accident @ Twinbrook and Braddock
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 16, 2011 10:47PM

Hey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Possibly involving a bike. Road shut down both
> ways with no access to Braddock from Olley to
> Twinbrook, and Twinbrook inaccessable. Barriers
> and tape up.
>
> Anyone see/hear anything?

I heard a bike may have been involved and it closed down some roads around there.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 16, 2011 10:55PM

motorcycle or Lance Armstrong wannabe?

Posted by: Igloo ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:00PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> motorcycle or Lance Armstrong wannabe?

The million dollar question....

On a serious note, hopefully there were no fatalities (though that result sounds unlikely given the OP's description of the scene). Saturday night at 10:30.... maybe alcohol or other drugs were involved :-/

Posted by: CaptainObveeUS ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:00PM

Usually if both directions are shut down and there's tape up....

Someone is wormfood

Posted by: pak ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:01PM

Looked like too much metal to be a bicycle, which is why we thought motorcycle. Thought we saw someone in handcuffs

Posted by: Igloo ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:07PM

pak Wrote:
> Thought we saw
> someone in handcuffs

So.... signs are pointing toward DUI?

Posted by: hay ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:08PM

There's two motorcycles down and a late 90's Toyota Camry looks like the striking vehicle. And definite fatality.

Posted by: JazzieDame ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:11PM

We were having dinner tonight at Outback in Twinbrook and overheard the hostess tell someone there were THREE motorcycles and a car involved. What little we could tell when we left looked like one big mess. Afraid there probably were fatalities.

Date: July 16, 2011 11:19PM

:(

saw two motorcycle "trains" earlier this afternoon - was a perfect day for such activites

looks like some bikers arent gonna make it home, I guess.................

Posted by: notme ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:22PM

There were 2 bikes, touring type collided w a Lexus sedan.

I think the bikes were traveling eastward on Braddock and sedan was making a turn from westward line onto Twinbrook.

From the damage to the car it looks like 2 bikes hit the side of the car at the same time. At 10 pm the roads were still closed, bikes in the middle of intersection. Car on twinbrook.

Someone in the crowd said 3 fatalities, there was someone with a car and bike trailer crying. It was said 2 bodies were seen on the ground in front of the bikes, one slumped on the bike.

What a shitty situation. I have 2 theories. Either the car pulled in front of bikes on green or the bikes didn't stop on yellow while the car was completing left turn. Or the car tried to complete the turn too soon on yellow.

Posted by: Shad ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:26PM

I rode past it before the cops got there. I saw a biker guy lay a blanket on a fallen biker, there was another biker with a different color blanket on another fallen biker. Another biker was just lying on the ground smooched with his bike. Another on the ground trying to stay concieous. I was with my mother and we were both absolutely shocked.

My heart and prayers goes out to these people

Posted by: longsm ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:28PM

Stopped to look around 10:20, looked to me like there were two red motorcycles involved, plus another car off to the side with the passenger side door smashed in. The bikes were in very bad shape, lots of glass and debris earlier. I know they flew in Fairfax 1 for somebody but I didn't hear anything else about any other possible patients

Posted by: BoBo Da Fool ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:35PM

Its 11:35 and its still blocked off

Posted by: marie5v ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:46PM

I saw this too. I saw two people clearly on the ground, similar to what Shad saw, and they were posibly dead. It was horrific. I cried. I really hope they were just injured. I would like to know what happened to them.

Posted by: angie ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:49PM

Its 11:45 and I just left the scene and cops are still there and the road is still blocked having to take a detour. I really want to know what exactly happened and if they're okay or not, but from the scene it looks like it would be a miracle for the bikers to be alive

Posted by: potbelly ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:52PM

The accident involved two motorcycles and a car. One fatality and one seriously injured. State of the car driver unknown.

Posted by: MB ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:33AM

My wife was there when it happened...car turned left from Braddock right in front of two motorcycles. Three people hurt...two men and a woman. If you saw a gold and purple blanket in the road, they were ours. My wife threw up in bushes as she said it was the most horrific thing she has seen. One of the men looked to have passed and his body was a mangled mess. Woman had blood running out of her mouth. Other man had leg with compound fracture.

Car driver was middle aged woman...said she didn't see them. Two motorcycles involved.

Posted by: FF/EMT ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:41AM

I posted in another thread for the other unfortunate rider killed this week...with advice for riders...and the one bit of advice that I give to new riders (after riding for over two decades) is ALWAYS expect someone to pull a left hand turn in front of you as you go through every intersection. Always be prepared for it. This may be the most common car vs bike scenario.

It has happened to me on a bike several times, but I have always avoided the collision. I did not avoid it, however, when I was driving in my car when it happened a couple of years ago. Of course, in a car, we all walked away...the other driver with a written ticket or failing to yield. Far more serious when you aren't in a cage...so you need to be ready for it. Always.

Thoughts and prayers to the riders and their families. Another costly lesson for us all.

Posted by: Shad ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:59AM

Thanks for clarifying the scene and helping out the situation as much as you both could, may god bless you for your efforts.

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: July 17, 2011 01:46AM

I came buy after the police were on the scene, and didn't see any bodies. I saw two motorcycles and two cars towed away. I saw that one of the cars was damaged on the right side and I could see a Maryland license plate. The other car had a Texas plate and was drivable - I saw one of the tow guys drive it up to the tow truck. The Braddock/Twinbrook intersection was reopened.

Posted by: A friend ()
Date: July 17, 2011 02:46AM

Only one rider has passed. The female was his wife and due to her not being informed of his death yet I will not be posting his name here. One male rider has 2 broken arms and one broken leg. The woman has a broken leg and hip. RIP friend, you will be missed my many. The husband and wife were from Annadale =(

Posted by: a friend ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:02AM

A friend Wrote:
> Only one rider has passed. The female was his wife
> and due to her not being informed of his death yet
> I will not be posting his name here. One male
> rider has 2 broken arms and one broken leg. The
> woman has a broken leg and hip. RIP friend, you
> will be missed my many. The husband and wife were
> from Annadale =(

he will be missed this is the second time this has happen to her

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:54AM

Splatterific!

Date: July 17, 2011 08:02AM

Robert Wrote:
> I came buy after the police were on the scene, and
> didn't see any bodies. I saw two motorcycles and
> two cars towed away. I saw that one of the cars
> was damaged on the right side and I could see a
> Maryland license plate. The other car had a Texas
> plate and was drivable - I saw one of the tow guys
> drive it up to the tow truck. The
> Braddock/Twinbrook intersection was reopened.

maryland plates. Anyone surprised by this?

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:06AM

JazzieDame Wrote:
> We were having dinner tonight at Outback in
> Twinbrook and overheard the hostess tell someone
> there were THREE motorcycles and a car involved.
> What little we could tell when we left looked like
> one big mess. Afraid there probably were
> fatalities.
So did you get the blooming onion?

Posted by: SAREMT ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:58AM

My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of those involved, especially the wife. I wish those who were not killed a successful recovery. God bless you all.

Posted by: Brody Levesque ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:04AM

Fairfax County Police reported that two cyclists were driving their Harley Davidsons eastbound on Braddock Road near Twinbrook Road when a Lexus, driven by a 63-year-old Maryland woman, turned left in front of them at about 7 p.m. Saturday evening.

The cyclists could not stop in time and both struck the passenger side of the vehicle. William Tyler Cowherd, 45, of 4605 Medford Drive, died in Inova Fairfax Hospital from his injuries, according to Fairfax County Police. Cowherd's passenger, a 44-year-old Annandale woman, and the driver of the second motorcycle, a 50-year-old Manassas man, were severely injured, though are expected to survive.

The driver of the Lexus remained after the accident. She was not injured. All bikers were wearing helmets. Police believe speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash.

Both victims were wearing helmets at the time of the collision.

The investigation is ongoing. This is the 20th fatal vehicle accident in Fairfax County in 2011.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 10:31AM by Brody Levesque.

Posted by: Grits ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:12AM

Been thinking constantly about this accident. My heart is so saddened. There were some very brave and wonderful people on the scene before the police/paramedics came doing everything they could to help the victims. It was clear that one gentleman did not make it. At least I don't think he did. :C I just wanted to hold them all and make the pain go away. All I could do was put my son's Lake Braddock blankets on them to treat for shock. To the families and friends of these 3 beautiful bikers....I am so sorry. May God bless you all with peace and comfort.

Posted by: Anony ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:45AM

I was there. Speed and alcohol might not have been a factor, but watching the actions of the driver of the car, stupidity was THE factor. Thanks to everyone else who was there to assist and the courteous actions of the other vehicles on the road. This is one scene I'll never forget

Posted by: bg ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:49AM

To those who post disrespectful or sarcastic comments on a topic like this, I hope you think long and hard about your posts. Perhaps it's just a lack of maturity......

As a benefit of doubt, maybe you were not aware of the serious/fatal type of accident this was. I hope so.

I pray for the victims, their families and friends, and the wonderful and courageous people who were willing to step forward and help in any way they could.

Posted by: DC23 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:05AM

I was actually there at the scene right after it occurred. It was the intersection I crossed RIGHT before the accident. A Fairfax County Police Helicopter landed at the nearby church. 2 motorcyclists hit a sedan driven by a lady. The sedan had two huge dents on it. The roads were all closed and redirected to a different route. It was sad to see them being taken away on stretchers. Pray for the friends and families and also for the car driver.

Posted by: saddened ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:07AM

It is a great loss. They are dear friends of mine and I pray they find the strength to get through this. One is in heaven now and two are in surgery. Please keep them in your prayers.

Those of you who have shown sympathy and concern, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated..those of you making jokes and Snyde comments, I can only hope you never see stupidity like you have shown if you are ever in a similar situation.

Posted by: AznPrsuAZn ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:13AM

I would bet $100 that the driver of the car was Asian.

What's her name?
Over 30yrs old?

Watch....I'm gonna be right!

O and....

WormFOOD

Posted by: angry ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:14AM

You are an insensitive, ignorant ass!

Posted by: HArharhar ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:19AM

YOU are RIGHT

Posted by: hog head cheese ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:20AM

I gave up riding in this area a few years ago. Too many near misses from left turning drivers. I found it safer to ride out 66 until I got to 81. Then take the secondary roads for traveling. Nice easy rides and plenty to see.

You still have a few asshole drivers but you could see them coming and watch out for them.

In Northern Va it is only a matter of time before you are hit.

Posted by: Another rider ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:23AM

I lost a dear friend years ago to a tragic bike accident and also grew up in Annandale and knew of the women/wife that was injured and has also lost her husband. To those of you with the ignorant comments, I hope you never have such a horrific loss in your life, would hate to know you were making lite of your loved ones death....idiots!

I pray the women that was on the bike and the other gentleman recover fully from their physical injuries.

I am a widow of a long time motorcycle cop and always remember him saying that it is at dusk that is the most dangerous time to be on the road. Never ever assume people see you when riding, many automobile drivers aren't looking for them.

Riding is such a wonderful freedom, but very risky around here, so many people driving with distractions anymore. WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES, THEY ASRE EVERYWHERE!!!

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:01PM

Another rider Wrote:
> I lost a dear friend years ago to a tragic bike
> accident and also grew up in Annandale and knew of
> the women/wife that was injured and has also lost
> her husband. To those of you with the ignorant
> comments, I hope you never have such a horrific
> loss in your life, would hate to know you were
> making lite of your loved ones death....idiots!
>
> I pray the women that was on the bike and the
> other gentleman recover fully from their physical
> injuries.
>
> I am a widow of a long time motorcycle cop and
> always remember him saying that it is at dusk that
> is the most dangerous time to be on the road.
> Never ever assume people see you when riding, many
> automobile drivers aren't looking for them.
>
> Riding is such a wonderful freedom, but very risky
> around here, so many people driving with
> distractions anymore. WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES, THEY
> ASRE EVERYWHERE!!!

Riding is a wonderful freedom. So is skydiving.

Jackoffs aside, those who choose to use roads while on two wheels are taking a risk. I take those risks on both a bicycle and motorcycle. A friend of mine was paralyzed waist-down last year when he wrecked on one of our weekend rides. I'm acutely aware of the dangers involved in exercising that freedom.

My sorrow for those involved is limited a bit by their choice to take that risk, especially if they leave behind a family. Life insurance pays out money but doesn't replace dad. If you're too poor for a car, there are alternatives. Biking the long way with wider roads, public transportation, etc. We have winters here and cheap motorcycling without sidecars, heated suits/grips/gear, etc. doesn't work year round, making motorcycles a choice and not a necessity.

I have a family that depends on me being able to raise my kids and earn a paycheck - so I no longer bicycle on unsafe roads. Biking to work is six miles on Fox Mill road as it approaches Waples Mill and I take the eight mile CCT mountain bike path that takes twice as long. No amount of anger or reflective spandex will make that faster road safe and I won't rabidly assert my rights as a bicyclist.

I also limit greatly the number of trips where I take my wife on the motorcycle. Losing me is one thing, losing both parents is unfathomable. It sucks, but you make choices.

I say this believing that it is impossible to make the drivers of cars pay complete attention and drive safely, even though they should.

Posted by: Taylor ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:52PM

So, any information on the Woman driving the Lexus yet? I think the owner of the Twinbrook Mall drives a Lexus and often drives through the parking-lot to scope out her property. I don't remember if she lives in MD though.

Posted by: Old Friend ()
Date: July 17, 2011 12:55PM

Wow, come on the site and read that an old friend is killed in a motorcycle accident. Shocked beyond belief. RIP Ty, you'll be missed my friend.

Posted by: Friend ()
Date: July 17, 2011 01:20PM

The bikers involved are friends and in many ways family. Most of the people I know are spending today thinking about it and realizing - THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I. We struggle through the process of seeking to understand but in the end realize there is no rationale answer. We will conclude our roll is to help those we care about make it through. Tragedy is never easy to deal with and we all do it differently. Our thoughts and prayers are with those impacted by this tradegy.

As a biker I know first hand how little attention cars pay to us. For that reason we tend to pay close attention to you and usually notice when you are about to do something that might hurt us. As much as I hate what happened I would hate it more if I had been the driver of the car. PLEASE PUT THAT PHONE DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION - BIKERS ARE EVERYWHERE!

As for the comments from the insensitive - please disregard them - they do not deserve your attention in the first place.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: July 17, 2011 01:40PM

I didn't know him but he looks like he was a nice guy. R.I.P.
Attachments:
cowherd bike.jpg
cowherd.jpg

Posted by: So sad ()
Date: July 17, 2011 01:50PM

Driving around here is crazy. So many are texting or talking on their cell phones and pay no attention to others around them.

I wish cell phones were banned while driving.

RIP.

Posted by: Wurmee ()
Date: July 17, 2011 02:48PM

His blonde bitch (she rides the bitch seat, right?) looks like she'd be into anal.

Is she single?? (probably is now, right?)

O well... Tragic loss blah blah blah he was an angel yadda yadda Wonderful person whatever....

NEXT!!!!

Posted by: SadinDaBurg ()
Date: July 17, 2011 03:00PM

This truly breaks my heart! I have know the couple a few years now and though they might not be my best friends they were friends. This is such sad news and my thoughts and prayers go out to the wife and family and friends. I wish for her a full recovery from her injuries and hope that the second rider recovers fully too. The MC they rode with are also in my thoughts and prayers. Such a horrible thing to happen to such a great group of people.

Posted by: rider ()
Date: July 17, 2011 03:35PM

So sad Wrote:
>
> I wish cell phones were banned while driving.
>
> RIP.

+1

and I wish people who left turn in front of bikes received less than a slapo on the wrist

Rest in Peace.

PS, to anyone reading the thread and the inevitable troll posts, it's best to ignore them. They're anonymous and feeding trolls only leads to more stupid comments. That's simply the way it is on FFX Underground.

Posted by: One-Way ()
Date: July 17, 2011 03:41PM

"Police believe speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash."

I believe the main factor in the crash was the driver of the car being from Maryland.

Maryland drivers suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 03:41PM by One-Way.

Posted by: A Friend ()
Date: July 17, 2011 03:50PM

Wurmee~I sincerely hope you never come across a true biker (as I am) and EVER need help of any kind. This man and woman belonged to the Knights of Iron MC, here is this mission statement 'Community Service is a key part of our mission. The Knights Of Iron organize regular events to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children and veterans.

Among the Knights,

"There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met."

BOUND BY LOYALTY!!"

This is the kind of person you choose to disrespect? There is a special place for you in this world..I hope NEVER to come across the likes of you!

Posted by: Wurmee ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:08PM

You're friend is hell right now.

Have fun with your little queerbait funeral for your wormfood orgy pal.

It sucks to lose a tight piece of man-ass, especially for you super hardcore tough guy bikers. You're so kewl. So badass. So hardcore. So intimidating. So badass and kewl and tough.

Internettoughguy.jpg

Date: July 17, 2011 04:13PM

FYI Asshat, I'm a chick!

Posted by: pwnd ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:15PM

A Friend Wrote:
> FYI Asshat, I'm a chick!

lol, troll got pwnd

Posted by: Wurmy ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:21PM

Apparently you're not hardcore enough toknow what "pegging" is.

Question for you you butch biker cunt:

How big are your titties?

Posted by: Obligatory Ticket Search Results ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:24PM

Speed was definitely a factor four years ago...

"COWHERD ","WILLIAM ","T","041"," 4605","MEDFORD ","DR","ANNANDALE ","VA","06/24/2007","RECKLE SPEEDING OVER 80 MPH "

Date: July 17, 2011 04:27PM

You're no longer worth my time..what a waste of oxygen you are. Gotta love trolls!

Posted by: say ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:29PM

AznPrsuAZn Wrote:
> I would bet $100 that the driver of the car was
> Asian.

Maryland drivers are all Asians by default.

I was on ONE WAY Amherst Ave in Springfield the other day and this Maryland moron is coming the wrong way on Amherst. And the idiot just kept coming like all three lanes of cars coming at her were wrong and she was right. Fucking idiots.

Date: July 17, 2011 04:29PM

Wurmy Wrote:
> Apparently you're not hardcore enough toknow what
> "pegging" is.
>
>
> Question for you you butch biker cunt:
>
> How big are your titties?

Oh, and something you're well versed in I'm sure!

Posted by: Steven Samnick ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:09PM

Well said and sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Steven Samnick ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:11PM

That was to Friend O's post at 1:20 PM today

Posted by: R3W7 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:34PM

She wasn't driving a Lexus and no one involved was speeding. Yea I know that's what the news reported, so it MUST be true. However,thanks to all you experts posting to this thread for your knowledge and ability to be as ignorant as possible :)

Posted by: will the car driver be charged? ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:51PM

I hope they pull her cell phone records and make sure she was not texting at the time of the accident.

Manslaughter?

Posted by: K ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:54PM

This accident happened just before I entered the intersection. WHen I saw three people laying in the road and no one helping, I quickly made a U turn and parked my car. I gathered up a blanket and sheet and ran to the injured. As I bent down to see how the woman was doing, I could see she was bleeding. I put pressure onto her wounds and spoke to her to try to keep her calm. She wanted to get up and kept looking for her friends (I had no idea the most seriously injured was her husband). I just kept reasuring her that the man was over by his motorcycle watching over it, keeping it safe. She accepted this answer and would lay her head back down. Amazing how many people came to see and actually take pictures, but no help. Had trouble sleeping that night.

Posted by: fo ()
Date: July 17, 2011 05:57PM

What's this Knights of Iron MC? Are they the real deal one percenters or are they rolling thunder-type posers?

If they're the real deal, I feel sorry for that car driver. I used to live in the Bronx and accidently cut off a bunch of Ching-A-Lings one day. But for a masterful piece of high-speed driving and luck, I gave 'em the slip or I might not be alive today.

Ching-A-Lings some BAD motherfuckers! Good Lord, if you killed one of 'em with your your car, you'd have to flee the damned country.

Date: July 17, 2011 06:08PM

ppl really have some strange ideas about who rides a motorcycle

stop reading what you see in the movies and realize that MOST motorcyclists are just regular ppl.............

Posted by: Phoneman ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:16PM

So how can they determine that the phone caused the crash?

So she was txting at 5:30. Who's to say the accident didn't happen at 5:31?

Posted by: texting while driving is SELFISH ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:27PM

There is nothing in this world that is so great you need to text and drive. Pull over in a shopping center if you can't be adult enough to not not use your phone.

Posted by: rider ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:37PM

will the car driver be charged? Wrote:
>
> Manslaughter?

Most likely failure to yield, with a fine. If she was under the influence the penalty would be a little tougher. Most motorcycle accidents are from cars left turning in front of them, yet the courts don't punish the soccer moms on their cell phones.

Posted by: Grits ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:37PM

To "K",
If you were the one that was phoning for help by the injured lady, you were AWESOME. Seriously, I came up with the purple and gold blankets to lay on them and if that was you that was talking to 911, you really did a great job at keeping your cool. It felt like a war zone. I, too, could not believe people were taking pictures. There was a gentleman that was on the phone with 911 also that was doing an amazing job at keeping the other biker calm. When I turned around and saw that there was a third biker, I lost it. I knew he was gone. It is just heartbreaking. I will never forget their faces....ever. I can't say how sorry I am enough for this loss and suffering. God speed.

Posted by: Cc ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:38PM

A 63yr old Maryland woman texting and driving? Yikes.

Posted by: say ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:49PM

rider Wrote:
> will the car driver be charged? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Manslaughter?
>
> Most likely failure to yield, with a fine. If she
> was under the influence the penalty would be a
> little tougher. Most motorcycle accidents are from
> cars left turning in front of them, yet the courts
> don't punish the soccer moms on their cell phones.

Drunk it would be a lot worse, right on up to vehicular homicide. But if you're just stupid it's OK.

I do hope this bitch has a LOT of liability insurance. Those two in the hospital will run up enormous medical bills, then there's "pain & suffering". Phew, it could hit seven 7 figures easily, which is way more liability coverage than most people carry on their auto policies.

Judgements in excess of your liability policy is where people lose everything they have.

That's why I carry a five million dollar umbrella policy. Cheap peace of mind.

Posted by: The Teester ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:05PM

To wormee.....
You know what you freaking pathetic chicken shit bastard. I am a female and will gladly tell you EXACTLY where the hell I am located so you can come say that shit to my face. Ofcourse you won't cuz ur a scum sucking coward. God knows....if I could find you!!!!!! You are an absolute discrace to society in general. Seriously.....ya want my number and my addresss.....just ask. Be more than glad to have ya come on by.

Posted by: Bikerinthewind ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:13PM

@ CaptainObveeUS...You refer to my friend as "wormfood"? Just remember when you post this kind of crap your not as anonymous as you think you are asshole :) See ya around.........

Posted by: curious one ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:18PM

At least he was doing something he loved.

Anyone know what the speed limit is on that portion of the road?

Posted by: CC ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:25PM

curious one Wrote:
> At least he was doing something he loved.
>
> Anyone know what the speed limit is on that
> portion of the road?

40mph

Posted by: peace of mind ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:45PM

"Judgements in excess of your liability policy is where people lose everything they have.
That's why I carry a five million dollar umbrella policy. Cheap peace of mind"

How much does that five mil cost you in premiums?

Posted by: ANGELWINGS ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:55PM

THAT A WAS PATHETIC THING TO SAY!!!!!

Posted by: peace of mind ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:00PM

^^
you talking to me?

I am asking because I would hate to be stupid enough to cause this kind of accident and my insurance doesnt cover the hosipital bills for these people.

Posted by: A friend ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:03PM

To "K" and Grits, you are amazing people and I thank God their are those like you in this world. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping these 3 when you could have continued on with your day.

Bikeinthewind-I'm so sorry fr the loss of Bones..I only knew him in going to Kilroy's and a time or two and Rusty's, but he seemed like a wonderful man.

Teester..you girl, I love you from the bottom of my heart and know what you would do to this "wurmee" guy if you ever got hold of him. Maybe you'll figure out who I am by my initial..and Ill see you again one of these days.

F...Ribbit!

Posted by: marie5v ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:05PM

I am so sorry for him and for his wife, and at the same time relieved that some of them did survive. I wanted to stop so badly, but there were already so many cars pulled over and people in the intersection that I would have just gotten in the way.

Posted by: borntobewild ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:12PM

Well, I found the best insurance is a H&K MP5A3 SMG in a shoulder rig. Runs about $8k and NOBODy tailgates my bike...Good deterent to texters too :)

Posted by: Family. ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:19PM

It amazes me that some people have the aducity to get on a article where someone has DIED and say such cruel things. That could have been anyone ! she could have hit anyone and killed them but unfourtently it wasnt the scum on this post. It was the most kind hearted person i've EVER , met. If you don't know these people or the situation that happened you have no need to comment on it. He was an amazing person and will be missed more than words explain. We love you Tyler.

Posted by: I hear ya ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:33PM

Family. Wrote:
> It amazes me that some people have the aducity to
> get on a article where someone has DIED and say
> such cruel things. That could have been anyone !
> she could have hit anyone and killed them but
> unfourtently it wasnt the scum on this post. It
> was the most kind hearted person i've EVER , met.
> If you don't know these people or the situation
> that happened you have no need to comment on it.
> He was an amazing person and will be missed more
> than words explain. We love you Tyler.

Don't take it personal. Making outrageous statements when someone passes in an auto accident is the main thing this board is known for. Makes no sense - but I believe the trolls are teenagers who are just doing stupid teenager things.

Sorry about your loss. Ben there.

Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:38PM

wnrsm Wrote:

--- those who choose to use roads while on two wheels are taking a risk.

--- Life insurance pays out money but doesn't replace dad.

--- making motorcycles a choice and not a necessity.

--- I have a family that depends on me being able to raise my kids and earn a paycheck

--- I take my wife on the motorcycle.

--- losing both parents is unfathomable.

--- you make choices.

Umm...maybe, get off your "high-horse" and get rid of your bikes (of all types)?

If you are so aware of the dangers etc..why the fuck even do it SOME of the time?

"but you make choices" --- well make a choice then...

1. Keep on "riding" and continue to puke out some words of wisdom (as you see it) to those who are injured / killed while riding, but make sure to NOT pay attention to the words you are spewing.

or

2. Do not "ride" anymore, and shhhh!

Forgot to add...a thread about the unfortunate death / injury to another human being is really no place to spew your personal ideals on the choices of operating a motorcycle. The absolute insensitivity, ignorance and hypocrisy of your post is so blatant, that I had to bring it to light.

Let the people who knew those involved discuss / mourn / tribute their friends without your "I am the KING of all things motorcycle related" advice belittling the event / tragedy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 08:54PM by postpoppunk.

Date: July 17, 2011 08:39PM

borntobewild Wrote:
> Well, I found the best insurance is a H&K MP5A3
> SMG in a shoulder rig. Runs about $8k and NOBODy
> tailgates my bike...Good deterent to texters too
> :)

I am so very sorry for your loss =(

Date: July 17, 2011 08:39PM

Family. Wrote:
> It amazes me that some people have the aducity to
> get on a article where someone has DIED and say
> such cruel things. That could have been anyone !
> she could have hit anyone and killed them but
> unfourtently it wasnt the scum on this post. It
> was the most kind hearted person i've EVER , met.
> If you don't know these people or the situation
> that happened you have no need to comment on it.
> He was an amazing person and will be missed more
> than words explain. We love you Tyler.

I am so very sorry for your loss =(

Posted by: The Teester ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:57PM

To:FF/EMT
I concur FF/EMT. I work for The Law Offices of Tom McGrath. This is the most common cause we see in motorcycle personal injury cases. Thank you for posting that, and thank you SO MUCH for what you do in the community. I wrecked my MC a few years ago and wouldn't be here today if it were not for the recussitation efforts of the Firefighters and EMT's on scene.

Posted by: Tree ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:12PM

He was a great guy! So funny and sweet. His wife was in surgery today she doesn't know he died yet. Hope she never had to read what some of these trolls wrote.. And I hope at least 1 of the bikers you pissed off find you. I can guarantee when they do you will never be able to use your fingers to type again ..

Posted by: Phoneman ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:23PM

So much trolling in here its epic...

What's your phone number lady? You free Friday night?

Posted by: DDS ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:25PM

Tree Wrote:
> He was a great guy! So funny and sweet. His wife
> was in surgery today she doesn't know he died yet.
> Hope she never had to read what some of these
> trolls wrote.. And I hope at least 1 of the bikers
> you pissed off find you. I can guarantee when they
> do you will never be able to use your fingers to
> type again ..

Seriously, these idle threats are stupid and useless. Shut your pie-hole. Aint nobody going to find anybody. Save the biker bullshit for your gay friends!

Posted by: Agreentambourine ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:37PM

Phoneman Wrote:
> So much trolling in here its epic...
>
> What's your phone number lady? You free Friday
> night?

Oh you!

OT: Horrbile
Horrbile
Horrbile
Horrbile
Horrbile
Horrbile
Horrbile
Horrbile

Posted by: jubble ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:39PM

Game, set, splat.

Posted by: slashbee ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:48PM

ahahahahahaahahhahaha this story made me lolz

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:48PM

Agreentambourine Wrote:
> Phoneman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So much trolling in here its epic...
> >
> > What's your phone number lady? You free Friday
> > night?
>
>
> Oh you!
>
> OT: Horrbile
> Horrbile
> Horrbile
> Horrbile
> Horrbile
> Horrbile
> Horrbile
> Horrbile
You mean horrible?

Posted by: Rory ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:04PM

Posted by: Puppykisses ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:47PM

This is a terrible accident and it could have happened to anyone of us that ride. It just reminds you that each day is a precious gift and in the blink of an eye it can be snatch from you. Be thankful for what you have, and be sure to tell those you care about how much you love them...often.

"Bones" was the nicest man and kindest biker I knew. Everytime I saw him he had a contagious smile and a "Hi, Sweetie...how are you?" hug to follow. It was a great pleasure to know him and so many will miss him. I know many treasured the time spent together. He was a brother to many of my friends which made him a brother to me too.

Ms. Carolyn (his wife) is a wonderful person and has so much support from the community. She supports so many worthy causes and like Tyler, did it with a happy heart. When you read this is the future (if ever)...I hope you know that you are loved by many and the prayers of all of us are behind you for a full recovery.

God Bless you.

Posted by: DJ ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:49PM

There were fatalities over an ass that was late for her nail appt. And it was a biker...NOT a wannabe!!

Posted by: Wurmy ()
Date: July 17, 2011 10:50PM

W
O
R
M
F
O
O
D

Date: July 17, 2011 10:57PM

Thank you for your kindness & comfort. Do not lose sleep...you did what you could & what you were meant to do. That is why a kind vsoul like you was put there at that moment! Smile...you were an angel at the moment. :-)

Date: July 17, 2011 10:59PM

:-)

Posted by: Dying guy ()
Date: July 17, 2011 11:01PM

Maybe I'm an idiot but don't dying people need CPR instead of blankets??

It's fuckinh summer, I don't think he was chilly.

"wtf is she putting a blanket on me for, lolz?"

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.