HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What happened on Herndon Parkway??
Posted by: Melisabel ()
Date: July 14, 2011 07:04PM

What happened on Herndon Parkway? It's blocked off...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happened on Herndon Parkway??
Posted by: Guest ()
Date: July 14, 2011 07:23PM

Fatal crash of some sort

Date: July 14, 2011 07:34PM

shits ballin nigga, i was cruising down to reston town center when these cops passed me goin da other way

"shit bitch da fuq" i exlaimed u kno imma gangsta so i get to get it poppin GET IT POPPIN

so neways i get my shit lickity split @ da town center and im flip flopping my way home, decide to make it do what on the scenic route and i aint talkin bout dat beirut shit

ANYWAYZ im crusin down herndon porkway and im like DAMN DAS A LOT O TRAFFIC NIGGA!!!!! i yelled cuz a fine ass honey was jogging by my car 1886 audi bitch, wit spinnin rimes. so i pull into da porkin lot and damn wut da fuk do i see? road blocked off by cops and niggas everywhere. on the real though that shit was no accident, there was no cars or debris i had a clear view, there was a lady in some jogging gear talking to 4-5 officers and people in office wear near here pointing everywhich way

i bamboozled my way out da lot on da far side o da parkway and some mo pigs roll up with the mutha fuckin K9 unit like woooord nigga i got a fuken key o crack in my fuken trunk so i fuken petal to the metal that shit nigga and i threw up some gang signs on the way out just so those niggas knew i was forreal

anyway there was no accident, just sum lady that look like she got dat ass raped and a buncha cops with dogs nigga and sum bystanders and otha mutha fuckas too

Posted by: obligatory ()
Date: July 14, 2011 07:47PM

Activity, accident of some sort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 01:15PM by obligatory.

Posted by: Ninja ()
Date: July 14, 2011 08:12PM

Bike accident. The guy on the bike hit the divider flied away from bike and hit the road badly on the other side of road and died instantly. I was there at that moment.

Para medics also declared him dead on spot.

Date: July 14, 2011 08:15PM

Correction:

Motorcycle accident. The guy on the motorcycle hit the divider flied away from motorcycle and hit the road badly on the other side of road and died instantly. I was there at that moment.

Para medics also declared him dead on spot.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: July 14, 2011 08:20PM

Ask nose for news, in the news, or mcgruff. They know everything

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: gov ()
Date: July 14, 2011 10:04PM

He was my good friend, I am so sad..

Posted by: Raj ()
Date: July 14, 2011 10:31PM

does anyone know the drivers name? one of our cousins met with accident but we have no clue of the status.

Posted by: Raj ()
Date: July 14, 2011 10:37PM

hi

can you let me know the name of driver please?

Date: July 14, 2011 10:40PM

I don't know name but it was a yellow Motor Cycle in the accident.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: July 14, 2011 10:47PM

The road is open now. I missed everything on the scanner.

Posted by: govco ()
Date: July 14, 2011 10:51PM

Kiran

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 14, 2011 11:10PM

Anyone who rides a motorcycle in the traffic around here has a death wish. It's dangerous enough in an enclosed vehicle.

Posted by: rider ()
Date: July 14, 2011 11:18PM

so sad. idiot drivers in this area.

Posted by: Neck for Noose ()
Date: July 14, 2011 11:20PM

too bad the wrecked bike wasn't purple...with purple flames...and purple hearts.

Posted by: raj ()
Date: July 15, 2011 12:04AM

thank you gov. it is sadly my cousin.just came to know all details.

Posted by: Qwerty ()
Date: July 15, 2011 12:26AM

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 15, 2011 08:01AM

rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so sad. idiot drivers in this area.

There are idiot drivers, but the piece says he lost control of the bike.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 09:44AM

It was splatterific!

Posted by: pkwy ()
Date: July 15, 2011 10:57AM

I work in one of the offices few yards from the crash site. I left at 7:10pm and the road between Spring St and Van Buren on the Herndon Pkwy was still closed. Yeah there was no other vehicle involved. Couldn't tell but was the driver not wearing a helmet? A good quality helmet is supposed to save oneself from a crash like this. The vehicle was lying down at the curb and not the divider and the body was in the middle of the road somewhat at a distance (few meters) from the motorcycle. There are orange markings on the road today (15th) near the crash site.

Posted by: friendofkiran ()
Date: July 15, 2011 10:58AM

Shaken up to hear the news. Kiran is a good friend.

Posted by: pkwy ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:16AM

friendofkiran,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Do you what exactly happened? Was he not wearing a helmet?

Posted by: Kirans Friend ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:32AM

He was wearing a helmet.. not sure if he was wearing a vest. was he ?

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:46AM

I work in the same building as Kiran -- we work(ed) for different companies and I do not know him or believe I had ever even seen him before the accident. He and I were both leaving the parking lot at 575 Herndon Parkway and turning left (north) at about 6:00. He came around me (on the right side of my car to turn left) and quickly got out in to traffic on Herndon Parkway before I turned on to Herndon Parkway. About 15 seconds later I came around the bend headed north toward Van Buren and he was already face down in the center of the street (in the same lanes he was driving in) about 200-250 yards from the 575 Herndon Parkway parking lot. I was the second car to come upon him. He was wearing his helmet. It was removed when some Good Samaritans tried to administer CPR. It was very apparent that he had hit a tree in the median -- which had a very large chunck of bark scraped off at the base of the tree and bark was sprayed all of the road. He was extremely battered and at least his right leg was very severely broken. Though CPR was immediately performed -- and I was standing above him and was one of the several people who called 911 -- I suspect he was killed instantly on impact. CPR was performed until the paramedics arrived and they took over ... briefly ... before determining he was dead.

That all said, I came to this website looking to find out more about who it was that was killed but am very saddened -- angry actually -- by some of the idiotic comments that have been made about this unfortunate accident. I can not speculate any further on this accident or Kiran other than to say that this is probably a case of a guy in a hurry to get home on a beautiful Thursday evening who lost control of his motorcycle. Very sad.

Date: July 15, 2011 11:51AM

He was not wearing a vest.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:53AM

It is sad indeed. To the helmet people, when you leave a bike at 50mph+ the helmet can only do so much and your body can take damage elsewhere. Helmet or not you will not survive hitting a fixed object at high speeds. RIP to the guy and condolences to his family and friends.

Posted by: Kirans Friend NJ ()
Date: July 15, 2011 12:11PM

I was online searching for more information on Kiran's death and came on this thread. I'm disgusted by some of the comments and comforted by others.

Kiran was an amazing person.. He lived life to the fullest and took advantage of every single day like it was his last..He did what so many others could never do - He enjoyed his life and never complained about anything.

To know him was to love him and his zest for life will never be forgotten by those who did know him. I had dinner with him a few weeks back when I was in town for a department meeting.. It's hard to fathom never seeing him again..

He was a wonderful friend, a great coworker who went above and beyond, a new husband and an all-around-amazing person. He will be remembered by me as he was.. full of life.

RIP, Kiran. :(

EB

Posted by: Some people learn the hard way ()
Date: July 15, 2011 12:37PM

Posted by: RIP Kiran ()
Date: July 15, 2011 12:47PM

This is very sad news. Kiran was the only middle eastern friend I had that didn't smell bad, even after riding all day. Smart and friendly guy too.

Kiran you will be missed!

OP
Attachments:
motorcycle_1_jpg_475x310_q85.jpg

Posted by: wwwwwwwwwww ()
Date: July 15, 2011 12:50PM

RIP
Attachments:
highres_11781240.jpeg

Date: July 15, 2011 12:53PM

Thank you for providing the link to meet Kiran. He looks like a wonderful man. As a sad aside, Kiran said in the link that he enjoys New England sports and in one of the photos he wearing a Boston Red Sox shirt while sitting on his yellow motorcycle -- the same one he wrecked last night. And, he was wearing a Boston Red Sox back back when he wrecked.

The reason I knew he worked in the same building as me is because a woman who came upon the accident scene knew him and told me he worked at Booze Allen Hamilton on the building's 5th floor -- and that he had recently married. This is so so sad. RIP Kiran. I send my condolences to your family and friends.

All of you motorcycle riders, enjoy your bikes but please slow down and be careful. And car drivers: please be on the look out for motorcycles and bicyclists.

Posted by: DDS ()
Date: July 15, 2011 01:03PM

Sounds to me like he caused his own accident. Maybe if he drove the motorcycle like he should have, he would have made it home. This is why you don't dart across lanes just because the bike will squeek between cars. Too much power for this A-hole. Who is he showing off for now?

Posted by: Moto ()
Date: July 15, 2011 01:12PM

DDS Wrote:
> Sounds to me like he caused his own accident.
> Maybe if he drove the motorcycle like he should
> have, he would have made it home. This is why you
> don't dart across lanes just because the bike will
> squeek between cars. Too much power for this
> A-hole. Who is he showing off for now?

No, it was one of those mercedes drivers driving too fast down the road. The lady driving the car cut him off and well you know the rest.

Posted by: we do not what caused the accident ()
Date: July 15, 2011 01:22PM

It looked like he liked to ride. RIP.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: July 15, 2011 01:49PM

Attachments:
ivan1.jpg

Posted by: herndon resident ()
Date: July 15, 2011 04:04PM

So sorry to hear about this tragedy. You insensitive idiots leaving comments should be more considerate of his family that may be ready your stupid comments. You should think about his family and friends that are grieving!

Posted by: Arbor man ()
Date: July 15, 2011 04:10PM

herndon resident Wrote:
> So sorry to hear about this tragedy. You
> insensitive idiots leaving comments should be more
> considerate of his family that may be ready your
> stupid comments. You should think about his
> family and friends that are grieving!

But what about the tree he struck? Who cries for the tree I ask!?!

Posted by: Blackrock Joe ()
Date: July 15, 2011 04:56PM

pkwy Wrote:
> A good quality helmet is supposed to save oneself from a crash like this.

A helmet can only do so much. A head without a helmet is like an egg. A head with a helmet is like an egg in a padded box. If you throw the box into a solid object with any real force, the egg is going to break. :(

I also heard some twat in a mercedes SUV cut him off. But I am sure she was on a very important call to her nanny or tennis coach...

Posted by: Passingby ()
Date: July 15, 2011 05:42PM

I saw it after the accident. Very tragic to see a young man losing his life

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: July 15, 2011 06:23PM

Always sad.

Long-time rider and firefighter/EMT here...and I have seen scores of accidents like these on exactly this type of road - curvy enough that failure to understand the importance of countersteering will result in not being able to negotiate a curve properly...and you eventually drift out and hit a curb as you fight the steering.

I'm not saying that is what happened here...but it is what happens more often than not in this type of accident. I have actually met folks who have ridden for years and who still don't know how to countersteer...or why they would.

If you ride, you should read this: http://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-Motorcycle-Roadracers-Handbook/dp/0965045013

...or his updated version: http://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-Basics-High-Performance-Motorcycle/dp/0965045021/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

And for the folks asking about a helmet - he hit a tree. His body was probably moving 30 to 40 MPH when he hit that tree and he then came to a dead stop. His head could have been encased in stryo peanuts and he wouldn't have likely made it. Your organs are torn apart with such a sudden stop...often with your aorta tearing free from your heart. A helmet and a good thick leather jacket will certainly help, but they aren't doing much to offset blunt force trauma.

RIP buddy...and prayers for your wife and family.

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: July 15, 2011 06:25PM

Herndon Reader Wrote:
> I heard his last words were..."SPLAT!!!"

Karma is a bitch buddy.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 07:37PM

And here we go again with karma. What did this fellow do to have karma bite him in the ass

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Animal Kontroller ()
Date: July 15, 2011 08:02PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> And here we go again with karma. What did this
> fellow do to have karma bite him in the ass

You need to keep your dog/wife, Karma, on a leash, graymoose!

Posted by: Querty ()
Date: July 15, 2011 09:14PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> And here we go again with karma. What did this
> fellow do to have karma bite him in the ass

Score poorly on reading comprehension in general Sparky? Look at the quoted text Mr. Wizard. I was not referring to the rider.

Posted by: friendofkiran ()
Date: July 15, 2011 09:47PM

Here are the updates on Kiran.

http://kiranslife.wordpress.com/

Posted by: rider ()
Date: July 16, 2011 05:34PM

Sad Wrote:
>
> RIP buddy...and prayers for your wife and family.

+1

Sounds like he may have locked up the rear wheel to avoid a car that cut him off, and then high sided.

Need to ride like every car out there is out to kill us.

cuz they are.

Posted by: KBiz ()
Date: July 18, 2011 12:01PM

I drove past the gentleman as his bike as he layed too still to feel good about and that picture does not seem right at all. The background of the road or even the cloudy day was not how it was. It was very sunny and the bike did not seem to have been on fire. I drove past before any emergency people arrived and there were a few people on cell phones, 30 cars stopped behind him and his bike which each occupied a lane going deeper in to Herndon. He was not on the side of the road at all.

Posted by: Wonder ()
Date: July 18, 2011 01:43PM

I wonder what the last thing to go through his mind was?

Date: July 18, 2011 03:43PM

I was one of the first two or three people at the scene of the accident last Thursday night and was there until after the police had secured the scene. As such, let me be clear to all on this: That photo was not taken at the scene of this accident and at no time was Kiran's motorcycle was ever on fire. That photograph of the motorcycle on fire was posted by a rude and insensitive prankster.

Posted by: friend ()
Date: July 18, 2011 06:38PM

Fred,

Is it on Herndon Parkway and State Route 666 junction?

Date: July 19, 2011 10:33AM

The accident was not at a street intersection. It was along a stretch of Herndon Parkway approximately across from Parkview Business Center (593 Herndon Parkway).

Posted by: along a strech ()
Date: July 19, 2011 01:42PM

Fred Wrote:
"along a stretch of Herndon Parkway"

That's why they call those rice rockets squids... When they loose it the driver splays out like one.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.