HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How far should Fairfax, VA go to protect life?
Posted by: Trish ()
Date: November 25, 2007 09:24AM

If we all agree that life begins at conception...how far should we go to protect it? Shouldnt all forms of birth control that cause the fertilized egg to be "ejected" be outlwaed? This would include the day after pill and "normal" birth control pills and just about all other birth control methods. The only method that would be allowed would be condoms.

Seems to me this is the only logical and moral answer to this issue. Anything else is just eye wash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How far should Fairfax, VA go to protect life?
Posted by: CheekyMonkey ()
Date: November 25, 2007 09:27AM

Ah...is this a relevant discussion thread for FU? Please tell me how this relates to Fairfax County. I am sure that you can find a ton of blogs/forums on the interweb which will provide an enthusiastic and engaged audience.

Posted by: XXX ()
Date: November 25, 2007 09:29AM

Great just what is needed, an abortion debate.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: November 25, 2007 10:02AM

Trish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we all agree that life begins at
> conception [in Fairfax County]...

Assuming facts....

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 25, 2007 11:22AM

Trish Wrote:
> Shouldnt all forms of birth control that cause the
> fertilized egg to be "ejected" be outlwaed? This
> would include the day after pill and "normal"
> birth control pills and just about all other birth
> control methods. The only method that would be
> allowed would be condoms.

Trish, for one, you are ignorant as you clearly do not know how these drugs work. what you are describing is RU486 which is illegal. everything else does not "eject" fertilized eggs, merely prevents them from being fertilized in the first place. do your homework.

go sit in the corner.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Feline disrespect from behind ()
Date: November 25, 2007 03:06PM

Keep focusing on other people's fetus' you dumb bitch. Meanwhile all the true suffering in the world is out of sight, out of mind for you.

A female should get to decide what she wants to have growing in her own body. Each state should decide whether they want to permit abortion.

If you want to save lives, like your holier-than-thou morality claims, how come you aren't protesting capital punishment? How come you aren't protesting wars? How come you aren't protesting unaffordable health care?

Keep being a church lemming, keep spreading your legs for your doofus, you pathetic Britney Spears bimbo.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: November 25, 2007 03:13PM

I agree, when a guy feels the need to fuck any attempt to stop this is immoral!

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: November 25, 2007 04:24PM

OK Let me take a crack at this.

Feline disrespect from behind Wrote:

>
> If you want to save lives, like your
> holier-than-thou morality claims, how come you
> aren't protesting capital punishment?

Because they are for the protection of "innocent lives" and if these lives are so innocent, why so you then claim they are born with "original sin"- so maybe not so innocent Never mind, that is another topic. Oh yeah, "innocent" lives... If someone is found guilty by a human or humans, than a human should decide whether they live or die. They are no longer "innocent". Remember, before they inject you, they say (at least in the movies) "May God have mercy on your soul". The decision has been made to turn this matter over to God, and they don't want to waste any time getting God involved.

How come you

> aren't protesting wars?

They consider this war, a Holy war. Remember, the day before the current war in Iraq started, GWB (one of them), prayed. God told him all would be ok. I consider it a war for oil, but again, another topic.

How come you aren't
> protesting unaffordable health care?

Because, most likely she has it. So it not a problem for her or anyone else for that matter. While a capitalist society is treats the winners very well, it is unusually harsh on the losers. Her advise: Just do not be one of those losers.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: November 25, 2007 04:55PM

If someone tries to take my birth control patch away from me, it is their own life they will need to worry about.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: November 25, 2007 05:09PM

Trish Wrote:
> If we all agree that life begins at
> conception...

We don't.

Posted by: Ew ()
Date: November 25, 2007 06:22PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> If someone tries to take my birth control patch
> away from me, it is their own life they will need
> to worry about.

ew that's gross, U let rob stidman hit that raw dawg? U know gays and bisexuals have really high aids rates..

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: November 25, 2007 08:16PM

This person probably went to a Catholic school... this kid I knew who went to Paul VI was taught this!

But, as some say, "keep your rosaries away from my ovaries."

Posted by: kitty ()
Date: November 25, 2007 08:54PM

EW wrote:

ew that's gross, U let rob stidman hit that raw dawg? U know gays and bisexuals have really high aids rates..

Perhaps you should check your facts
1. this has nothing to do with birthcontrol.

2. Gays and bisexuals DO not have really high aids rates, in fact: heterosexuals now have the highest aids rates.

3. Ignorance at it's best.

Posted by: are you kidding? ()
Date: November 25, 2007 10:19PM

Kitty, All available research points to your #2 conclusion being as you say "ignorance at its best." Perhaps this is what you were taught in your politically correct indoctrination camp, but maybe you should take a look at the real facts.

The CDC (that's Center for Disease Control since you obviouly wouldn't take the time to fact check) shows that through the end of 2004 almost 70% of AIDS victims in America acquired the virus through homosexual sex or intravenous drug use. Only 13% of cases are through heterosexual conduct, (and lets be honest, a large chunk of those are probably just a little too embarrased to admit they're getting it in the ass from another man).

Wouldn't you say it's better to "stigmatize" gay people long enough to let them know they're the ones engaging in activities that could very well land them with a deadly disease? Stop being so damn politically correct.

Date: November 25, 2007 11:25PM

great, idiots on both sides of the HIV/AIDS BS, shows some stats or stfu. i do know that africa (the largest population of HIV/AIDS people) has a mostly heterosexual transmission rate. africa itself has an issue with their societies altogether. btw... if you choose to actually present information, make it in a new thread under off-topic.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: are you kidding? ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:47AM

Hey Gravis, well this isn't Africa, is it? I believe the name of the website is "Fairfax Underground" so at least try to talk about happenings in the correct country. Talk about off tomic you freakin hypocrite.

Furthermore I don't see where you get "idiot" out of someone citing a CDC study. It is just like you people to disregard any information that doesn't fit into your agenda.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: November 26, 2007 09:26AM

are you kidding? Wrote:
> Hey Gravis, well this isn't Africa, is it? I
> believe the name of the website is "Fairfax
> Underground" so at least try to talk about
> happenings in the correct country. Talk about off
> tomic you freakin hypocrite.

this thread is off topic in the first place and has nothing to do with fairfax county... so africa is relavant

Date: November 27, 2007 12:05AM

bdimag Wrote:
> are you kidding? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey Gravis, well this isn't Africa, is it? I
> > believe the name of the website is "Fairfax
> > Underground" so at least try to talk about
> > happenings in the correct country. Talk about
> off
> > tomic you freakin hypocrite.
>
> this thread is off topic in the first place and
> has nothing to do with fairfax county... so africa
> is relavant

yeah... this thread is off topic. just some bitch wanted it in the main forum.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: November 27, 2007 09:44AM

Is it too late to abort Trish?

Posted by: kitty ()
Date: November 28, 2007 05:31AM

I guess reading in the post about DC, (again, not fairfax) doesn't seem to make sense to you.

Sorry, but ignorance is apparently alive in Fairfax county.

Why don't you read the stats on ffx county and get back to me, I have too many imporant things to do than sit here and respond to rubbish. Sorry if I came to defend some generalization on gays.

Posted by: Vince ()
Date: November 28, 2007 06:43AM

Educate me please....I dont think any birth control method other then a condom stops conception. The rest "fool" the female body into thinking there is already a fetus in the womb and therefor wont let the newly fertilized egg implant itself in the womb.

Date: November 29, 2007 07:04AM

fine... i'll spell it out for all the fucktards who are too stupid to use the mass abundance of resources around you. this is the less technical version.

Click here to see the version for retards like you.

this info is from http://en.wikipedia.org specifically articles that can be found from the Contraceptives article.

how an "egg" is made

Ovarian follicles are the basic unit of female reproductive biology, they are roughly spherical aggregations of cells found in the ovary. They contain a single oocyte (aka ovum or egg). These structures are periodically initiated to grow and develop, culminating in ovulation of usually a single competent oocyte.

The follicular phase (or proliferative phase) is the phase of the estrous cycle, during which follicles in the ovary mature. It ends with ovulation. The main hormone controlling this stage is estradiol.

Ovulation is the process in the menstrual cycle by which a mature ovarian follicle ruptures and discharges an ovum (also known as an oocyte, female gamete, or casually, an egg)

how female oral contraceptives ("the pill") work

chance of still getting pregnant
- Perfect use -- 0.3%
- Typical use -- 8%

prevention method #1
Combined oral contraceptive pills were developed to prevent ovulation by progestogenic and estrogenic suppression of gonadotropin release. Combined hormonal contraceptives, including COCPs, inhibit follicular development and prevent ovulation as their primary mechanism of action.

prevention method #2
A secondary mechanism of action of all progestogen-containing contraceptives is inhibition of sperm penetration through the cervix into the upper genital tract (uterus and fallopian tubes) by decreasing the amount of and increasing the viscosity of the cervical mucus.

stuff that doesnt happen
Although endometrial effects have been hypothesized as a possible mechanism of action of combined hormonal contraceptives, insufficient evidence exists on whether cellular or biochemical changes in the endometrium could actually prevent implantation. However, the possibility of fertilization during COCP use is very small. Hence, endometrial changes are unlikely to play an important role, if any, in the observed effectiveness of COCPs.

how spermicide works

chance of still getting pregnant
- Perfect use -- 18%
- Typical use -- 29%

Spermicide is a substance that kills sperm, inserted vaginally prior to intercourse to prevent pregnancy.

oh... so you are really retarded and didnt understand that? ill explain it in terms you can understand.

Sean Taylor = sperm
end zone = egg
touchdown = egg becomes fertilized

The Pill
how it prevents Sean Taylor from scoring a touchdown:
  • prevents the line painter from painting lines to make the end zone.
  • turns the field into ice so that Sean Taylor slips and falls, never actually making it to the end zone

what it doesnt do:
  • shoots Sean Taylor
  • burns the end zone
  • after making the touchdown it catapults Sean Taylor and the end zone turf out of the stadium
Spermicide
how it prevents Sean Taylor from scoring a touchdown:
  • shoots Sean Taylor

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: November 29, 2007 09:48AM

Gravis - I love ya!

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: November 29, 2007 11:11AM

Well done, Gravis. But can you use a Sean Taylor analogy to illustrate Orographic lift?

Posted by: Vince ()
Date: November 30, 2007 08:50AM

I found the following information/explanation much more helpful..and less insulting (something people on here can't seem to stay away from)...

Most birth control pills are "combination pills" containing a combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). A woman cannot get pregnant if she doesn't ovulate because there is no egg to be fertilized. The Pill also works by thickening the mucus around the cervix, which makes it difficult for sperm to enter the uterus and reach any eggs that may have been released. The hormones in the Pill can also sometimes affect the lining of the uterus, making it difficult for a fertilized egg to attach to the wall of the uterus.

There's only one thing worse then ignorance..thinking you know it all!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.