HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How do you dispose of a deer?
Posted by: D Deer ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:29PM

We have a deer that was crippled on our property. An Animal Control person came and shot it, but suprisingly they wouldn't take it away since it was on private property. What do you do? I don't understand, I would assume someone from the government would take it away because a large rotting animal must be a health hazard to the children in the neighborhood and all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you dispose of a deer?
Posted by: Grunt ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:43PM

eat it

Date: November 24, 2007 05:50PM

I was actually pretty serious about eating it. Logic thing to do would be if they said they wont take it off the private property.......well put it on public property call the animal control and say that you see a deer on the side of the road and it will be gone by the next day. If you dont have a truck and dont feel like touching it, take some gloves and a rope,tie the rope to the deers leg and the other side to your hitch, if you dont have one , get underneath the car and tie around the rear axle or anything that looks strong enough. Deer is not heavy enough to break anything so just drag it out with your car onto the public road and leave it there. Also you can just pick it up and throw it across the road, you can do it at night.....OR you can just put it in someones you dont like truck or house. EVEN better stuff it in someone mail box. Possibilities are endless but seriously throw it on the public road and be done with it but I would eat it ...seriously

Date: November 24, 2007 05:56PM

grilling some BBQ portk chops right now, damn charcoal grill....

Date: November 24, 2007 05:58PM

I tend not to eat injured, diseased animals.

Animal Control already came out once and put it down, so I can't exactly drag it into the street and then call them and say "well where did THAT thing come from?"

No truck, and the deer is back in the woods.

Date: November 24, 2007 06:03PM

Well if the one on your property is "Your" problem according to them then they wont come looking for it there. You can drag it out down the street , not like its the last deer in Fairfax. I will call it for you, if you want.Heck my buddy and I will get rid of it for you really.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: November 24, 2007 06:04PM

Rent a wood chipper.. and point the outlet chute on the public land..LOL

1. How much propterty do you have?
2. Can I hunt on it.. ?
3. Did the deer have a big rack? lol

I would be carefull about eating a lame deer, unless you know why is was crippled.. or any deer that spent alot of time eating around suburbia. You dont know what your meat ate. Atleast in the state/national forests its pretty good chance it only ate leaves, shrubbs and berries.. not over fertilized azaela bushes and chemical laced trees and grasses and whatever else.

If you live close, Ill take care of it for you for a couple bucks..lol bucks, sorry, no pun intended. PM if you want

Posted by: O ()
Date: November 24, 2007 06:09PM

do as grunt said get it to a public road and notify VDOT they have crews that remove the dead deer.... then you don't have to worry about calling animal control again and your deer is gone or you could just let the thing rot its cold enough something will start to eat it eventually and it won't get to smelling to bad this time of year

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 24, 2007 06:10PM

Cover it with gas and set it on fire.

Posted by: Hawkeye ()
Date: November 24, 2007 06:25PM

Gut it QUICK!!! If you dont know how to field dress it, then try this.

http://hunting.about.com/od/deerbiggame/ht/htfielddress.htm

Date: November 24, 2007 07:12PM

I'm not going to eat it, people, get over it. It had a limb ripped off and abcessed.

As far as dragging it somewhere, if Animal Control sees it they'll know it's the same one. The neighbors know about it so I'm not gonna drag it into the street. If I dragged it a half-mile down the road, I would worry that a cop might stop to ask what I was doing walking down the road with a dead deer. I would imagine I would be littering.

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: November 24, 2007 07:29PM

you said its back in the woods, maybe drag it a bit further so that a fox or other animal could take it?

My dog brought a deer leg up to the house once. That was unpleasant.

Sorry to hear that it was crippled :(

Try to get it as far into the woods as possible and let nature (whether that be the elements or other animals) take care of it. Hope that helps some.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: November 24, 2007 07:34PM

D Deer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not going to eat it, people, get over it. It
> had a limb ripped off and abcessed.

LOL.... I like the woodchipper idea, but you might get some funny looks when you return it to rent-a-tool.

Just chop it up and trash bag it..

OR a real solution.. as "O" said.
Drag it further in the woods. dig a shallow grave. put some Lye on it and nature will take care of on its own.. It wont smell much, especially since its cold out. It will be a pile of bones in a month..

Posted by: BAMBI ()
Date: November 24, 2007 07:38PM

Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. A month from now, you wont even know it was there.

As far as children are involved, back in the day they used to kill and gut them. Somehow I'm guessing that is out of the question today.

Posted by: Cat Scrath Fever ()
Date: November 24, 2007 07:41PM

hmm......... I'd call Ted Nugent, he'll know what to do.

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: November 24, 2007 08:25PM

You can drag the deer to the front yard and paint its nose red. Then put a big sign behind it saying "CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN CANCELED..SOMEONE KILLED RUDOLPH". I'm sure one of your neighbors with small children will haul it away for you. Problem solved "that was easy"

Posted by: manticore ()
Date: November 24, 2007 08:40PM

Margie Wrote:
> You can drag the deer to the front yard and paint
> its nose red. Then put a big sign behind it
> saying "CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN CANCELED..SOMEONE
> KILLED RUDOLPH". I'm sure one of your neighbors
> with small children will haul it away for you.
> Problem solved "that was easy"

best answer yet... and yet so very wrong lol

the company that does the dead deer road clean up for VA (according to the article here http://www.timescommunity.com/site/tab1.cfm?newsid=18548127&BRD=2553&PAG=461&dept_id=506047&rfi=6) is Allied Cleaning, you could see if they might be able to pick it up, or tell you who to have pick it up

Posted by: venison stew ()
Date: November 24, 2007 09:43PM

I bet Meade would eat it.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: November 24, 2007 10:18PM

Can we combine this thread with Xmass in NOVA? LOL

Posted by: T-Bone®©™ ()
Date: November 24, 2007 11:12PM

50lbs bag of lye,,,

Posted by: king of my castle ()
Date: November 24, 2007 11:38PM

drag it to manassas, either the red necks will eat it or the cops will arrest it for being illegal

Posted by: chinese buffet ()
Date: November 25, 2007 12:28AM

Sunday is my busiest day! I'll be right over!

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: November 25, 2007 10:38AM

I have four deer in my backyard right now.

...where is my crossbow.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 25, 2007 11:37AM

D Deer Wrote:
> Animal Control already came out once and put it
> down, so I can't exactly drag it into the street
> and then call them and say "well where did THAT
> thing come from?"

it doesnt matter where the deer came from, the point is it would be on public property. what are they going to do, charge with littering?

alternatively, if you are feeling vengeful about it, put it in the back of your truck and dump it in front of their office. be sure to tape a paper to it that has "I'm on public property" scrawled on it and signed with an ink print of it's hoof.

however, if you are a total wuss about it, bury it.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ROFFLE ()
Date: November 25, 2007 11:45AM

Margie Wrote:
> You can drag the deer to the front yard and paint
> its nose red. Then put a big sign behind it
> saying "CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN CANCELED..SOMEONE
> KILLED RUDOLPH". I'm sure one of your neighbors
> with small children will haul it away for you.
> Problem solved "that was easy"

ROFL

Posted by: Bricktop ()
Date: November 25, 2007 03:52PM

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.
Would someone mind telling me, who are you?
And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

Posted by: helpful ()
Date: November 25, 2007 05:38PM

They will never know that you already called for the deer to be put down. Animal control would not have taken it even if it were on public property. VDOT gets called and they come pick it up with there truck. Pull the deer to the side of a road (out of traffic for obvious reasons) then call the police non emergency number and let them know that there is a deer on the side of the road and it may be a traffic hazard and then the officer will come out and relay a message to VDOT for the removal of the deer.

Hope that helps

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: November 26, 2007 08:57AM

You don't need to call the cops to have them report it to VDOT; just call VDOT directly 703-383-8368. If you pull it to the right of way they'll come get it.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: November 26, 2007 09:18AM

the last 2 posts are correct... animal control only deals with live animals really... in your case they dealt with a live deer to make it dead..

so drag it out to the road and call vdot (or i guess even Allied Cleaning) no one will know, or care.

Posted by: mikumsmukim ()
Date: November 26, 2007 04:38PM

that was snatch right?

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: November 26, 2007 04:50PM

yes

Posted by: RAT'Z AZZ ()
Date: November 26, 2007 05:54PM

You city folk sure do raise a tizzie all over one dead critter, hell the crows,buzzards,possums,foxes and all the rest of God's environmental agents gotta eat and will take care of it in a week. Leave the damned thing alone and go back to worrin why Gravis is always pickin fights with girlie men.
Attachments:
dead_deer1.jpg
girliemen2.jpg

Date: November 26, 2007 07:04PM

RAT'Z AZZ Wrote:
> You city folk sure do raise a tizzie all over one
> dead critter, hell the
> crows,buzzards,possums,foxes and all the rest of
> God's environmental agents gotta eat and will take
> care of it in a week. Leave the damned thing
> alone and go back to worrin why Gravis is always
> pickin fights with girlie men.

Well I aint city folk and your full of shit my friend. A farmer hauled a dead cow to the back of his farm which just happened to backup to my bud's hunting lodge,,, well the smell for 300yds in each direction was one I will never forget. A month later it was STILL there stinkin up the place, one bag of lye and a couple of weeks later, gone,,, none of the animals wanted anything to do with it except the maggots.

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:15PM

Call Malik's Pizza, they serve an awesome Road-Kill Pizza around 4 a.m.

Posted by: Litsa ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:51PM

I'll eat it!

Posted by: RAT'Z AZZ ()
Date: November 26, 2007 11:03PM

T-BONE(head),

Pretty liberal with the term "friend" are you not? Ifin you ain't city folk then my post wasn't directed toward you, DICKWEED. YOUR useage of "your" was improper, perhaps you meant to type " You are full of shit my friend" ? YOUR ignorant AZZ should have been more attentive in ENGLISH class,instead of daydreamin about YOUR sodomite relations with brute animals the night before. So, take YOUR 50 pound bag of lye, make some soap and wash YOUR mouth(fingers) before making anymore post.
Attachments:
dickweed.jpg
sheep.jpg

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 27, 2007 12:00AM

file.php?2,file=1463
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: November 27, 2007 12:03AM

RAT'Z AZZ Wrote:
> T-BONE(head),
>
> Pretty liberal with the term "friend" are you not?
> Ifin you ain't city folk then my post wasn't
> directed toward you, DICKWEED. YOUR useage of
> "your" was improper, perhaps you meant to type "
> You are full of shit my friend" ? YOUR ignorant
> AZZ should have been more attentive in ENGLISH
> class,instead of daydreamin about YOUR sodomite
> relations with brute animals the night before.
> So, take YOUR 50 pound bag of lye, make some soap
> and wash YOUR mouth(fingers) before making anymore
> post.

LOL!!! perfect example of a "grammar NAZI" and another example of a dweeb or spod... "your" choice. Ya little seal =D

Date: November 29, 2007 03:10PM

Well, the vultures are at it now.

Date: November 29, 2007 04:41PM

You could always leave it on the on-ramp from 123 northbound to 66 east bound in the left hand shoulder with its head and neck crossing the white line into the left lane...

ps: any cops reading this, please have that deer removed, its been there for a week and cars keep hitting it.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: November 29, 2007 04:54PM

MBF Wrote:
> You don't need to call the cops to have them
> report it to VDOT; just call VDOT directly
> 703-383-8368. If you pull it to the right of way
> they'll come get it.

Why bother calling anyone? Just drag it off to the side of some road and leave it there. The Roadkill Patrol will be around eventually to pick it up.

Posted by: Buzzard ()
Date: November 29, 2007 06:48PM

123 & I-66 Huh? Ill be watching!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.