HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Car registered in Fairfax County, VA: should I pay a $100 parking ticket from Maryland?
Posted by: DumbGenius ()
Date: November 13, 2007 03:33PM

I recently got a $100 parking ticket in Bethesda. I accidentally parked at
a handicapped spot. It was an honest mistake. There were no signs on the
ground. The little handicapped sign was on a pole, blocked by a tree. I was
in and out within 3 minutes... when I came out, there was a nice
hand-held computer generated parking ticket. I do not dispute it. But it
was a genuine honest mistake on my part. I would NEVER park at a handicapped
spot on purpose. This is my very first parking ticket since I started driving
more than 24 years ago.(never had any traffic ticket as well)

Anyway, I just noticed that the ticket had my license plate number. But under
the "State" section, it said "MD".....??? the parking enforcement guy probably
made a mistake. It happened in Bethesda, MD, so he/she probably didn't realize
it. If the MD DMV enters the license plate number, it will probably come up
with nothing, since my car is not registered there.... or will they run the
license plate number agains all the other states' DMVs?

That being the case, will they have a way of tracking down my vehicle, which
is registered in Fairfax County, Virginia? (if I don't pay the ticket)

What would you do in a situation like this? :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car registered in Fairfax County, VA: should I pay a $100 parking ticket from Maryland?
Posted by: § ()
Date: November 13, 2007 04:21PM

It's only $100. You just spent 3 minutes drafting this thread and at least another 57 minutes worrying about it. I'd just pay the ticket and be done with it or run the risk of having an outstanding warrant in MD. -§

Re: Car registered in Fairfax County, VA: should I pay a $100 parking ticket from Maryland?
Posted by: grid lock ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:21PM

By all means pay the ticket. Montgomery County needs the money. They have very important matters to address such as transgender descrimination.

BTW toss it in the nearest trash can as long as you are sure they got the tag number wrong. F the liberal pricks in Maryland.

Posted by: DumbGenius ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:37PM

Oh my f***ing g**....

I was about to give it up and fork over the $100. I figured it's not worth
the worrying.

Wel..... that's what I thought...

Guess what? I went to the Montgomery County Parking website to pay the
ticket with a credit card. Their system won't allow me to pay online because
it kept saying the registration information was not found.

DUH!!! They put MD as the state on the ticket. My license plate is from VA.
No wonder the system can't find the registration info...

I called them on the phone and asked about it. The very nice lady told me
that I would have to go down there in person to pay it. No mailing checks,
because the system will probably not recognize it as well. They ahve to
do this manually, in-person...

GEEEEZ....

Posted by: BR ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:41PM

DumbGenius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently got a $100 parking ticket in Bethesda.
> I accidentally parked at
> a handicapped spot. It was an honest mistake.
> There were no signs on the
> ground. The little handicapped sign was on a
> pole, blocked by a tree. I was
> in and out within 3 minutes... when I came out,
> there was a nice
> hand-held computer generated parking ticket. I
> do not dispute it. But it
> was a genuine honest mistake on my part. I would
> NEVER park at a handicapped
> spot on purpose. This is my very first parking
> ticket since I started driving
> more than 24 years ago.(never had any traffic
> ticket as well)
>
> Anyway, I just noticed that the ticket had my
> license plate number. But under
> the "State" section, it said "MD".....??? the
> parking enforcement guy probably
> made a mistake. It happened in Bethesda, MD, so
> he/she probably didn't realize
> it. If the MD DMV enters the license plate
> number, it will probably come up
> with nothing, since my car is not registered
> there.... or will they run the
> license plate number agains all the other states'
> DMVs?

Send a note stating this with a payment for...let's say....$20. Add that they're lucky they're getting $20, since you really could get away with not paying at all and the transgendered illegal alien they've hired to generate parking tickets is probably screwing up right and left and losing them ticketing revenue hand over fist. You're happy, they're happy, the illegal she-male keeps his/her job and you get your wings in valhalla.

Date: November 13, 2007 05:48PM

You must have one guilty consicious. I wouldnt give those liberal fucks one red cent. They just spent several days debating if some nut job who wasnt sure if he was a man or woman should be able to use whatever bathroom it wants.

They have problems with crime, traffic and illegals yet they find more than enough time to come to the aid of some jackass that just happens to work for one of their supervisors.

Posted by: joe ()
Date: November 13, 2007 06:18PM

If you don't pay your parking ticket, then a bench warrant could be issued for your arrest in MD. I don't know what the statue of limitations for not paying a fine is.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: November 13, 2007 06:37PM

License plates numbers are fairly unique, and if it does not come up in Maryland, it will eventually come up somewhere else.

They may even have it where the fine doubles in X number of days if you dont pay.

I got real pissed off a few years ago after having a nice dinner at an overpriced restaurant in Bethesda, I returned to my car to find a parking ticket. I never would have guessed that meters were in effect on a Saturday night! As I said this was years ago, and I haven't gone to Bethesda to dine since.

You can either do what they say and pay it, or not pay it. If you do the later, just don't drive in Maryland again and you will be fine.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: November 15, 2007 01:43PM

Remove your front tag. Toss it. Call the police and report it "lost or stolen." Get a police report, take the back tag and the report to the Virgina DMV and turn it in for two new plates with new numbers. With new tag number you can drive in Maryland without any worries.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: November 15, 2007 01:54PM

FUNdamental.... good idea, toolsmack.

§ 18.2-461. Falsely summoning or giving false reports to law-enforcement officials.

It shall be unlawful for any person (i) to knowingly give a false report as to the commission of any crime to any law-enforcement official with intent to mislead, or (ii) without just cause and with intent to interfere with the operations of any law-enforcement official, to call or summon any law-enforcement official by telephone or other means, including engagement or activation of an automatic emergency alarm. Violation of the provisions of this section shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(Code 1950, § 18.1-401; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1996, cc. 753, 815.)

Posted by: lol ()
Date: November 15, 2007 02:54PM

DumbGenius Wrote:
> Guess what? I went to the Montgomery County
> Parking website to pay the
> ticket with a credit card. Their system won't
> allow me to pay online because
> it kept saying the registration information was
> not found.
>
> DUH!!! They put MD as the state on the ticket.
> My license plate is from VA.
> No wonder the system can't find the registration
> info...

I was gonna respond to your post with a question of how will you know the payment got applied to your ticket if your plate info isn't right. Can you mail payment? Photocopy everything, put the ticket number or whatever on the check memo field, and send it. Hopefully it gets cashed, and you'll then have a canceled check with that ticket number on it to show the judge if something goes wrong.

Date: November 15, 2007 03:42PM

BTW montgomery county passed the transgender bill. Now if a man on one day suddenly feels he is really a woman he can stroll into any bathroom or locker room he wants. The head liberal who spearheaded the bill said it would be legal if someone wanted to do that but it probably wouldnt happen.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: November 15, 2007 04:06PM

"probably wouldn't happen" ???!?

i think im'a go to montgomery county, put a bra on and stuff it - and head into some locker rooms..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 04:07PM by bdimag.

Posted by: RAT'Z AZZ ()
Date: November 15, 2007 05:23PM

AH HA I KNEW IT.

bdimag has admitted he is from the "dark side" I wish you and Jess all happiness.

Posted by: RealityCheck ()
Date: May 18, 2011 04:37PM

DONT pay the ticket. YOU WILL NOT be arrested. You can NOT be arrested for one unpaid parking ticket.

Posted by: RealityCheck ()
Date: May 18, 2011 04:42PM

1)would never be proven. 2) a it's a misdemanor to swear in public too, also to go 64 mph on a 55mph, bottom line rarely is one prosecuted for these offenses.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 18, 2011 08:10PM

@OP - if yr planning to never drive again in MD, then yeah, you can forget about it.

But if you do go into MD again, maybe you'll get pulled over one day and get a NASTY surprise..........................

or maybe they'll just boot your car next time you park there

dont be a puss-ball, just pay the ticket, k?

Posted by: Wilfredo ()
Date: May 19, 2011 09:14AM

My God Gordo why are you so retarded in all aspects of life? First of all the ticket should have been disputed because the spot wasn't painted and the sign was blocked from view. Secondly, they didn't even record his tags correctly. Finally, this happened 3 and a half years ago. Why are you even wasting the time with your moronic scare tactics. Jeez man grow a pair.

Date: May 19, 2011 09:38AM

Even though yes, this thread is older than dirt-if you don't pay the ticket they will suspend your license here in Virginia. I found that out the hard way, had to pay a reinstatement fee of $85 for a $50 meter ticket my brother got when he parked my car in Annapolis.

Posted by: Wilfredo ()
Date: May 19, 2011 06:12PM

Yeah except when they don't record the tag correctly. That pretty much makes the ticket asswipe worthy.

Posted by: lolyer ()
Date: May 21, 2011 04:50PM

FattyMcButterpants Wrote:
> Even though yes, this thread is older than dirt-if
> you don't pay the ticket they will suspend your
> license here in Virginia. I found that out the
> hard way, had to pay a reinstatement fee of $85
> for a $50 meter ticket my brother got when he
> parked my car in Annapolis.

I second this.. {ex}Friend used my truck when he purchased ATVs in MD... Somehow he neglected to tell me a parking ticket was issued during his test run at one of the parks..

A year later, I was told my lic. was suspended during a routine traffic stop (Lic. plate light out) ... Luckily, I did not get arrested - shit is silly. I guess there are more deadbeats out there than we thought that do not pay parking tickets.

The Commonwealth of VA and the Republik of MD will get their undeserved money someway, somehow, from somewhere.. lol !

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.