HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sunshine contracting is a liar and unethical
Posted by: Sunshine contracting ()
Date: April 10, 2011 11:00AM

the owner Ryan is a liar. We have had tons of problems with our piece of crapt windows he put in and the gutter caps allow all debris into the gutter.
Did I say Ryan the owner is a liar?
Good luck to any and all that choose to use this piece of crapt contractor. Giving him money helps fund his mansion while he acts like he cares.
Sunshine Contracting out of Lorton.
Call them and tell them what a bunch of liars they are.
Sunshine Contracting in the big yellow vehicles. Great work on conning people.
Liar liar liar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sunshine contracting is a liar and unethical
Posted by: MrMystery ()
Date: April 10, 2011 11:06AM

Three letters: BBB

Posted by: fuzzymunkey ()
Date: April 10, 2011 11:35AM

Posted by: Sunshine sucks ()
Date: April 12, 2011 12:31PM

Funny thing is he lied to us also.
He was great prior to the sale but what a prick when it came to any follow up or unfinished work. He is not an honest person. I hope he doesn't have any children that he is teaching to be what he is.
Sunshine contracting AKA Lying exteriors inc.

Posted by: nayr ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:44PM

Sunshine sucks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny thing is he lied to us also.
> He was great prior to the sale but what a prick
> when it came to any follow up or unfinished work.
> He is not an honest person. I hope he doesn't have
> any children that he is teaching to be what he
> is.
> Sunshine contracting AKA Lying exteriors inc.

Ryan has now gotten a great chance to sue you for slander. You better hope your slanderous post dosent get back to him.

Posted by: honest ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:48PM

It is not slander if it is true. Sorry! Good to see product and service information here. If two people were not trated right then no one should use them. Clean up NOVA

Posted by: Honest ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:49PM

Treated Right

Posted by: Michael Ransen ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:07PM

I actually had Sunshine finish a lot of exterior work on my home over the past 2 years. Funny enough, I stumbled on this website when considering them to install new gutters and trim.

I respect your opinions but I must say that the company was very prompt and did great work on my other projects.

The price was what I expected but their service has been excellent. I am sure that with all the jobs Sunshine has done over the years that there will be a rotten few jobs that customers are not happy with.

The BBB is a great source for recommendations and or complaints.

----On a side note. I am an attorney and though I do not specialize in slander, this is a classic case. If someone produces a public document without legal fact that effects a persons/companies well being, slander is the ruling. A clarification or apoligy may be needed in order to make sure any legal action is not taken.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:23PM

Michael Ransen Wrote:
> I actually had Sunshine finish a lot of exterior
> work on my home over the past 2 years. Funny
> enough, I stumbled on this website when
> considering them to install new gutters and trim.
>
> I respect your opinions but I must say that the
> company was very prompt and did great work on my
> other projects.
>
> The price was what I expected but their service
> has been excellent. I am sure that with all the
> jobs Sunshine has done over the years that there
> will be a rotten few jobs that customers are not
> happy with.
>
> The BBB is a great source for recommendations and
> or complaints.
>
> ----On a side note. I am an attorney and though I
> do not specialize in slander, this is a classic
> case. If someone produces a public document
> without legal fact that effects a
> persons/companies well being, slander is the
> ruling. A clarification or apoligy may be needed
> in order to make sure any legal action is not
> taken.
-----------------------------------------------------------
yeah, slander on an anonymous internet board

and you'd kinda have to prove damages.

Most lawyers I imagine have knowledge of this first amendment thingee that all the kids are raving about these days

LoLz

Posted by: Check em Out ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:42PM

Slander? That's a little hard to prove isn't it? If you think the guy lied and and you can point to ill fitting windows, I don't think it will be very hard to defend yourself against the charge. Christ, if crticizing a business was grounds for slander we'd all be getting sued in court.

Posted by: davedavedave ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:49PM

Check em Out Wrote:
> Slander? That's a little hard to prove isn't it?
> If you think the guy lied and and you can point to
> ill fitting windows, I don't think it will be very
> hard to defend yourself against the charge.
> Christ, if crticizing a business was grounds for
> slander we'd all be getting sued in court.

Sunshine put the deck on my house and did an outstanding job. They were not the lowest bid but gave me an outstanding value. One deck board split after about 10 months and they replaced it free of charge 3 days after I called them.
I wonder if the OP might be one of those people who is never happy with any job.

Posted by: Tennis Girl ()
Date: August 24, 2011 12:51PM

I live down the street from Ryan, not in a mansion, and met him when he replaced my siding. He is a hardworking small business owner who takes pride in his company and quiet frankly I find your personal statements about Ryan's home and children ignorant, offensive and uncalled for. Ill fitting windows? That is a manufacturer issue...Do you think Sunshine Conracting is building the window themselves? I am confident if you have a problem with the fit of your windows that the manufacturer of the window and Sunshine Contracting would work with you to fix the issue.

Either way, your personal attack really makes you look like a jackass...and don't worry, that's not slanderous because anyone reading your comments knows you're a jackass so that makes it a fact.

Posted by: Hickory Farms resident ()
Date: March 16, 2012 08:51AM

Sunshine Contracting did work for a large group purchase in the Hickory Farms neighborhood back in 2004-2005. Around 100 houses if I recall correctly - siding, windows, gutters, etc. They did outstanding work on my house, and I haven't heard any complaints from the rest of the neighborhood. My guess is that the lying is mostly on the part of the original poster.

Posted by: Sunshine sucks ()
Date: March 21, 2012 04:14PM

I also had a problem with Sunshine on some gutter work. Ryan also lied to me and wouldn't honor his warranty.

He sucks and Sunshine Contracting are thieves.

Posted by: Person18 ()
Date: March 21, 2012 04:53PM

Sunshine Contracting should not get confused with Sunshine Construction. Sunshine Construction is amazing! They did plenty of stuff around my house and has great deals. Sunshine Contracting on the other hand, not so much. From what I heard, Sunshine Contracting is total BS and are scams.

Posted by: jeff ()
Date: May 24, 2012 11:00AM

MODERATOR/ADMIN,

Can we get this thread removed? Its completely baseless and slanderous....The original poster doesn't even respond to any of the questions about the apparent wrong doings from Sunshine Contracting. Pretty much convinced this is spam from a competitor or a disgruntled employee...

Why have your forum full of slander and irrelevant comments meaning to harm?

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 24, 2012 11:12AM

Bad move bumping the thread, Jeff. Looked about 2 months had gone by with no activity, now it's a the toppa page one.

You're better off defending yourself here- tell us what you do well, and why you believe the OP is full of shit. You could probably make a convincing case pretty easily/

The internet is full of dickheads trying to bring down competitors or trying to hype themselves on all of the online directories with phony praise.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: May 24, 2012 11:24AM

WingNut,

Your response makes little to no sense, but not surprised when I read your footer quote (although I like George Carlin in general)...

Its really not that hard, look at the OP and the comments, they are totally baseless and clearly its slander, there is not any legitimate attempt to resolve a conflict. Check out Sunshine's BBB, Yahoo reviews and Google reviews, they are pretty consistent. This forum thread is just slanderous, the other groups (BBB, Google and Yahoo) monitor spam like this...unfortunately Fairfax Underground doesn't unless you alert a moderator, so thats what I'm trying to do.

BBB A+ rating:

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/windows-installation-and-service/sunshine-contracting-corporation-in-woodbridge-va-7003664/

Internet would be a better place without being "full of dickheads trying to bring down competitors or trying to hype themselves on all of the online directories with phony praise."....try not to be one to those dickheads WINGNUT....thanks

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 24, 2012 01:35PM

jeff Wrote:
> WingNut,
>
> Your response makes little to no sense, but not
> surprised when I read your footer quote (although
> I like George Carlin in general)...
>
> Its really not that hard, look at the OP and the
> comments, they are totally baseless and clearly
> its slander, there is not any legitimate attempt
> to resolve a conflict. Check out Sunshine's BBB,
> Yahoo reviews and Google reviews, they are pretty
> consistent. This forum thread is just slanderous,
> the other groups (BBB, Google and Yahoo) monitor
> spam like this...unfortunately Fairfax Underground
> doesn't unless you alert a moderator, so thats
> what I'm trying to do.
>
> BBB A+ rating:
>
> http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/busine
> ss-reviews/windows-installation-and-service/sunshi
> ne-contracting-corporation-in-woodbridge-va-700366
> 4/
>
> Internet would be a better place without being
> "full of dickheads trying to bring down
> competitors or trying to hype themselves on all of
> the online directories with phony praise."....try
> not to be one to those dickheads WINGNUT....thanks

Aren't you aware that you exposed more people to the thread by rehashing it and bumping it? The last post was in March, over two months ago. You replied to it and put it on the top of the forum.

Do you think many people are going to read the whole thread and see you refute the charges (which I agree could be from a competitor and untrue)?

No, beacause you bumped the thread, more people will just see the title "Sunshine Contracting is A Liar and Unethical". Many more...

Do you think it would have been a better idea to try to contact the forum admin than keeping what you say is a slanderous charge on the top of the forum? He's probably got better things to do, but I would have gone there first.

Honestly, I'm trying to feed you- don't bite the hand.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: May 24, 2012 01:46PM

Thanks for your thoughts I actually totally agree with you and have written the moderator (cary?) A few times.

having gotten no response from cary I felt it was time to post in the thread itself and maybe get the moderators attention....

I'm not concerned about people reading the thread since its.bogus and there is not content...

Bottom line this thread should be deleted and is pointless...

Posted by: @ jeff ()
Date: May 24, 2012 02:08PM

jeff Wrote:
> Bottom line this thread should be deleted and is pointless...

Here's the deal.

The guy who runs this board is a First Amendment hardass with a good lawyer.

This thread is never going away unless you sue and win a defamation suit.

Which is not worth the time and money, so you're not going to do it, so the thread is not going away.

Pro tip: Don't bump it.

Posted by: aboveeveryoneelse ()
Date: May 24, 2012 02:57PM

Bump because I think it's funny

On what basis should this thread be deleted on?

Cary Wrote:
>* Spam
>* Posting complete garbage that has nothing to do with the topic or thread
>* Personal attacks on other posters
>* Impersonation of other users
>
>Posts are not edited for lewdness, correctness or vulgarity as long as they do not violate one of the rules above.

Fuck you.

Posted by: Sam Mule ()
Date: May 24, 2012 03:18PM

Jeff,

Get your finger out of your butt and stop bumping this thread idiot. Geez, Wing is trying to help your sorry ass and you attack him for it. No wonder you're having problems with your customers.

Date: May 24, 2012 03:43PM

Cary,

Thanks for responding, I'm sure you are super busy dealing with moderating the forum, etc, I appreciate your time.

I'd say this thread should be deleted because its a clear personal attack on Ryan (his name in real life, which is even more personal), look at the quotes from posts from the OP:

- "the owner Ryan is a liar."
- "Did I say Ryan the owner is a liar?"
- "Giving him money helps fund his mansion while he acts like he cares."
- "He is not an honest person. I hope he doesn't have any children that he is teaching to be what he is."
- "Ryan also lied to me and wouldn't honor his warranty. He sucks and Sunshine Contracting are thieves."

In your moderation you say that personal attacks are on the list for potential thread deletion. I'd say the above quotes are personal, do you agree? I mean they mention his house, his children and try and slander his business with total garbage, unfounded attacks. Its easy to do this type of stuff from a hidden account, but they are using Ryan's name and reputation as their target, its pretty low life stuff.

I'm all for an open exchange (1st amendment) rights, but this is crossing the line in my opinion. Am I way off base?

If they had a legitimate claim to something done incorrectly or needed some sort of service then please say something, but thats clearly not the goal, its just a vicious public attack on your forum, which seems to be in your list for potential deletion.

Thanks for your consideration Cary...

Posted by: Allen ()
Date: June 27, 2012 11:34AM

I was simply googling Sunshine Contracting to get their number when I ran across this string. I am a repeat customer and I believe that Ryan's company is an excellent contractor, and in my opinion, Ryan is a straight-up businessman. Sunshine has have done numerous jobs on my and my neighbors' homes, and have always completed the work on time, with excellent workmanship, and within the estimate. I'm having them come out again next week and look forward to working with them.

Posted by: Sir-bumps-a-lot ()
Date: October 31, 2012 12:37PM

bumpitybump

Posted by: Dante ()
Date: December 05, 2012 05:55PM

I also stumbled upon this on google. Ryan and the people @ Sunshine contracting were very professional and did an awesome job doing a whole roof and siding replacement. I've had a lot of work done in my home and I can honestly say that.
Guys were always on time, great workmanship, can be easily reached at any time. Just my 2 cents.
Dante R Centreville VA

Posted by: Dennis Cobb ()
Date: December 06, 2012 12:15PM

I also stumbled upon this on google. Ryan rocks! He is the best. He put in windows for me and did it so professionally that I plan on being a lifetime customer. I'm going to replace my windows next year because of the awesome job Sunshine did this year. The work Ryan did on my neighbors house was so professionally done, that I asked Ryan to be the godfather of my children and he is now the beneficiary of my estate. Sunshine put siding on my brick house and did it so professionally that I can't wait to replace my roof with Sunshine. Ryan's bumper sticker says "on time and under budget, 60% of the time it works every time". I can't wait until the next hurricane so I can work with Sunshine again.

Dennis "I'm real and I spend my time writing positive reviews for Sunshine because of the awesome job they did and I definitely do not work for nor am affiliated with Sunshine" Cobb - Reston VA

Posted by: Grateful Customer ()
Date: December 06, 2012 12:29PM

Dennis Cobb Wrote:
> I also stumbled upon this on google. Ryan rocks!
> He is the best. He put in windows for me and did
> it so professionally that I plan on being a
> lifetime customer. I'm going to replace my windows
> next year because of the awesome job Sunshine did
> this year. The work Ryan did on my neighbors house
> was so professionally done, that I asked Ryan to
> be the godfather of my children and he is now the
> beneficiary of my estate. Sunshine put siding on
> my brick house and did it so professionally that I
> can't wait to replace my roof with Sunshine.
> Ryan's bumper sticker says "on time and under
> budget, 60% of the time it works every time". I
> can't wait until the next hurricane so I can work
> with Sunshine again.
>
> Dennis "I'm real and I spend my time writing
> positive reviews for Sunshine because of the
> awesome job they did and I definitely do not work
> for nor am affiliated with Sunshine" Cobb - Reston
> VA

Oh yeah? We had him over for thanksgiving dinner, and I even let him screw my wife while I videotaped it. That's how great his contracting business is!

Posted by: Theresa G. ()
Date: September 11, 2013 04:46PM

The owner David Basile is the biggest liar and thief. He is a scam artist. Sunshine contracting sucks they are the worst company ever. They're not licensed. Be very careful in dealing with him.

Posted by: scott wuhrer ()
Date: January 30, 2019 10:59AM

Sunshine contracting is by far the worst company I have ever delt with and I am sorry I ever hired them. Their shoddy workmanship is only topped by their poor communication and not showing up when schedlued. Im not gong to call anyone a liar, but rude and unreasonable I will say. How professional is a company that hangs up on you when you have an issue. Steer clear

Date: January 30, 2019 11:09AM

If any of you idiots had watched Seinfeld, you would have never been taken by the Sunshine company.

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.
Attachments:
275fu8-445966783-1542738953130-656x300.jpg

Posted by: The dumb just keeps on coming ()
Date: January 30, 2019 11:13AM

Right! Run your life off some TV sitcom. What an assfuck idea!

Posted by: Suggestion ()
Date: January 30, 2019 03:40PM

If you’re in Fairfax County, call the office of consumer protection. They do a good job and have been very helpful.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.