HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD Roadside stops
Posted by: ksh ()
Date: November 01, 2007 09:20AM

I live in Prince William and travel 28 northbound through Centreville each morning to go to the office. Nothing snarls up traffic more than FCPD camping out on the side of the northbound lanes on 28 checking all the stickers on vehicles as they pass. In the many years I have travelled this route, it seems that the PD do this about 3 or 4 times a year. You'd think they would be more considerate to citizens and "check citizen's papers" during non-rush hour times. Does FCPD do this all over the county or only in certain areas? Perhaps they rotate areas...I don't know. All I know is when they do this, it adds another 30 minutes to my commute.

Do we all pay taxes so that PD can snarl up traffic for us when it's already bad?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD Roadside stops
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: November 01, 2007 09:23AM

I saw the Manassas police doing this on Wednesday as well.

Posted by: blah ()
Date: November 01, 2007 10:11AM

I have seen this a lot since I moved back up here from Blacksburg. I don't remember seeing the police do this before I went to college. Did they start doing this all the time recently, or did I just not notice before?

Posted by: Sendthemallback ()
Date: November 01, 2007 10:28AM

Yes, they do it all the time, everywhere. Best deal is to keep your stickers
up to date. Im glad they do this too. Sometimes they are also looking for
stolen cars, fugitives, etc.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: November 01, 2007 04:01PM

Is this for real?

Fairfax County no longer has decals (for taxes) so I a must be missing the reason for this...

Date: November 01, 2007 04:14PM

trogdor!: I've never seen Manassas or Prince William do likewise. Even on Wednesday. Perhaps they do it during non-rush hour and I missed it.

Sendthemallback: While you are glad they do this and I respect your right to feel this way, I am not glad they do this. Checking stickers (registration and/or safety inspections) is akin to a tyranical government going door to door and checking papers. It's a violation of rights.

ffxn8v: They can still check the safety inspection and license plates.

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: November 01, 2007 04:56PM

Driving is a privilege, not a Constitutional, God-given right. Unfortunately, too many people are negligent in not updating their registrations. Additionally, a small number of folks are involved in auto theft, DUI, etc. I am very thankful that the FCPD is so vigilant. If they weren't, I'm sure we would be paying a lot more to subsidize the bad behavior of a few. Note that current technology allows public officials to quickly check vehicle registrations and any warrants for owners/drivers. Believe we discussed in some detail in another forum; e.g., the camera scan at Dulles airport.

Date: November 01, 2007 05:43PM

If Driving is a priviledge, not a right, then how is it, if one is able to get the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, that this person is not subject to those silly registration laws? While I do not have a case immediately handy to cite, I do know someone who did have the MSO and was not subject to those silly registrations.

Property rights trump all other rights in this nation and vehicles are extensions of property.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 01, 2007 06:02PM

Driving...not a Constitutional, God-given right.

Yeah, and it's not the cop's "constitutional god-given right" to disrupt traffic on a busy road during rush hour just to catch a few people that didn't renew their registration. In fact, it's fucking absurd.

Posted by: a ()
Date: November 01, 2007 06:43PM

yeah..."they should do it during non rush hour times"...when cars are going to fast to see the stickers...moron. the only thing that slows traffic down is when idiots (prob you) slow down to rubberneck at the pretty blue lights....just like when theres an accident on the other side of the road and your side slows down for no reason...is that the pd's fault too? find bridge...jump off.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: November 01, 2007 07:18PM

"a"...exactly.

If you weren't so fascinated by the pretty lights, you wouldn't have another "30 minutes" added to your commute.

Go here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/American-DJ-Police-Beacon?sku=801277
, buy the light. Sit in your living room.

Posted by: shhh ()
Date: November 01, 2007 07:44PM

It is a secret operation by the PoPo to keep the mexicans in Manassas. Let us know if it is working.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 01, 2007 07:48PM

a Wrote:
Attachments:
Your_Retarded.jpg

Posted by: shhh ()
Date: November 01, 2007 08:14PM

God Damn 28 is backed up again, fuckin Fairfax PoPo
Attachments:
FA08031.jpg

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: November 01, 2007 08:26PM

ksh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Driving is a priviledge, not a right, then how
> is it, if one is able to get the Manufacturer's
> Statement of Origin, that this person is not
> subject to those silly registration laws? While I
> do not have a case immediately handy to cite, I do
> know someone who did have the MSO and was not
> subject to those silly registrations.
>
> Property rights trump all other rights in this
> nation and vehicles are extensions of property.

Read the Virginia Code. You will have ANY motor vehicle registered before it is operated on the highways of the Commonwealth. It doesn't matter what statement of origin you have, or if you made the car yourself. This isn't Khazikstan, we have laws.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: November 01, 2007 08:29PM

Yeah, what are the cops thinking looking for people violating the law. They act like it is their job or something. I mean, the nerve of these police officers who conduct stationary patrol to identify minor traffic infractions, encourage voluntary compliance, and discourage reckless driving. They are so silly for showing the community that they are out there.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: November 01, 2007 09:48PM

I had to laugh last night on my way home...FCPD had Colchester closed at Fairfax Station....one cop, one cruiser, and 2 orange cones.

I guess it was the only way to protect the folks down by Bunnyman Bridge from every asshole kid in the County on Halloween.

Date: November 03, 2007 01:06AM

Schrute Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ksh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If Driving is a priviledge, not a right, then
> how
> > is it, if one is able to get the Manufacturer's
> > Statement of Origin, that this person is not
> > subject to those silly registration laws? While
> I
> > do not have a case immediately handy to cite, I
> do
> > know someone who did have the MSO and was not
> > subject to those silly registrations.
> >
> > Property rights trump all other rights in this
> > nation and vehicles are extensions of property.
>
> Read the Virginia Code. You will have ANY motor
> vehicle registered before it is operated on the
> highways of the Commonwealth. It doesn't matter
> what statement of origin you have, or if you made
> the car yourself. This isn't Khazikstan, we have
> laws.

...of course, all laws are constitutional...how dare I infer that legislature and politicians can make mistakes.

Posted by: a ()
Date: November 04, 2007 01:43AM

ksh got owned for this entire convo...topic over, whats next.

Posted by: beeyatch pleeze ()
Date: November 04, 2007 08:27AM

HEY KSH, you stated "we pay all these taxes for the police"? You already stated that you live in Prince William, not Fairfax so guess what? you don't pay for them, the state barely gives any money to localities to run police depts. The agency you pay for is too fucked up to even attempt to keep assholes like you in that god forsaken shithole that is Manasshole. Be happy they're doing something, you want a peek at the future of Prince William County, just drive over to Prince George's County, MD. (total shithole)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.