HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New to the area, advice?
Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 11:22PM

Hey dudes, I just moved into Centreville. I've seen a lot of crap on here about gangs and other undesirables, would anyone mind advising what areas to avoid?

Also, I just graduated from VA Tech and am missing the good ol' college bars. What are some good places in the Fairfax area that college-age kids hang out at? I've driven past a couple night spots near my apartment but they look kinda sketchy.

I posted a couple times here before as 05hokie, but I changed the name cause I always hated when people's IM names had hokie in them. Just annoying, y'know?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to the area, advice?
Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: August 18, 2005 11:29PM

if you're looking for a place to party, why are you posting here at 11pm? Get the fuck out there and experience it all. A few gang incidents are out there but few and far between. So rare that you should be saying fuck it and getting on out there. Mosquitoes toting west nile are out there too. You gonna avoid stepping outside because of that too? Pussy.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: August 18, 2005 11:32PM

from the 757 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, I just graduated from VA Tech and am missing
> the good ol' college bars. What are some good
> places in the Fairfax area that college-age kids
> hang out at? I've driven past a couple night
> spots near my apartment but they look kinda
> sketchy.
>

Buffalo Wing University, Auld Shebeen. Both in Fairfax. Don't bother with Centreville & Chantilly bars, they're worthless.

Date: August 18, 2005 11:38PM

I'm posting on here at 1130 because I'm about to go to bed for work. Thanks for the warm welcome.

You know what? I am a pussy! Fuck work, I'm gonna go stomp a mosquito nest and start a gang war! Then I can post here whenever the fuck I want!

Thanks, you've inspired me. Prick.

Date: August 18, 2005 11:44PM

inspiring you isn't my job and I'm not the welcome wagon. I'm just saying that you're young and shoud be out there experiencing life, not sitting back worrying about what you hear in the news. So what if you're a little sleepy in the morning? You have the whole weekend after that to sleep.

If you're so soft that you can't take a verbal lashing from someone you don't even know over the internet, you deserve to be in bed with the blankets over your head.

You can call me old and bitter if you like. I'm married with child and though I wouldn't trade my daughter for all the women in the world, you obviously are single and should be grabbing all of life you can while you're this young.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 19, 2005 12:00AM

goto buffalo wing university during CRAZY hour, u can get yager bombs, or any bomb they have liek 30 differnt ones for 2 bucks and they usualy have deals on their wings. good shit and hot waitresses

Posted by: hellchild ()
Date: August 19, 2005 05:56PM

I dunno how it rates in comparison to the other places mentioned but the TGIFriday's on the corner of West Ox and Monument usually has a lot of college age kids most nights. pretty decent percentage of females there too. it's not a great place but the only one that I know of that stays open late that's within a 5 minute drunk drive back to my house.

Posted by: jessica ()
Date: August 21, 2005 12:30AM

Red Rock Tequila Bar over off of 29 seems to be popular (over by Glory Days)

as far as gangs go..please..they are just a bunch of rich kids with too much time on their hands. just avoid south east dc and you'll be fine.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 22, 2005 10:54AM

PaperPusher Wrote:
> inspiring you isn't my job and I'm not the welcome
> wagon. I'm just saying that you're young and
> shoud be out there experiencing life, not sitting
> back worrying about what you hear in the news. So
> what if you're a little sleepy in the morning?
> You have the whole weekend after that to sleep.
>
> If you're so soft that you can't take a verbal
> lashing from someone you don't even know over the
> internet, you deserve to be in bed with the
> blankets over your head.
>
> You can call me old and bitter if you like. I'm
> married with child and though I wouldn't trade my
> daughter for all the women in the world, you
> obviously are single and should be grabbing all of
> life you can while you're this young.
>
>

that was uncalled for... you are an ass and im not the only one who thinks it clearly.

from the 757,
that guy's a fool. i guess it just proves that we have are share of fucktards here in unfairfax. you'll love the cops pigs.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: August 22, 2005 11:02AM

Gravis,

Interesting how you can be such a bastard when it's of your own accord but when someone else is an ass as I obviously was that drunken night, you suddenly crawl up on your high horse and attempt to gain the moral high ground.

Don't you need to go back on vacation or something?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 22, 2005 11:19AM

PaperPusher Wrote:
> Gravis,
>
>
> Interesting how you can be such a bastard when
> it's of your own accord but when someone else is
> an ass as I obviously was that drunken night, you
> suddenly crawl up on your high horse and attempt
> to gain the moral high ground.
>
> Don't you need to go back on vacation or
> something?

i guess the moral of this story is to not drink and type. how the hell could i tell you were drunk? when someone is friendly, im also friendly, not a complete ass like you demonstrated. trust me... that wasnt moral high ground, it was common sense.

forget about improving your morals, work on common sense.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: August 22, 2005 11:30AM

The college hangout spots here are pretty lame I think. There are a lot of busy bars though. Coastal Flats has a nice bar outside and it's always packed with people. Other than that, you should try going out to Arlington. The crowd there is the younger/college crowd and there are a ton of bars to hit up.

Date: August 22, 2005 01:43PM

Gravis and his insults are back in full bloom.

Date: August 22, 2005 09:40PM

Thanks for all the real replies.

Anyone can call me a pussy if they want, but I think it's a pretty reasonable question having never dealt with the issue, then moving up here and seeing God-knows-how-many posts on this forum about gangs. I have no idea what/where/who they are, and was hoping maybe I could gather some info without learning the hard way.

If I was still around VA Beach and you were on vacation and wanted to know about sharks before you got in the water I wouldn't get snippy about it.

Also, I wouldn't bring up my family in a rant and then admit I was drunk, posting on the internet at 11:30 on a Thursday night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2005 09:41PM by from the 757.

Posted by: Daniel J ()
Date: August 23, 2005 01:20AM

Gangs what gangs? Theres no real gangs, up here.. its all bullshit it really is. You leave them alone, and theyll leave you alone. The only shit ive EVER heard about is petty vandalism, which ofcorse sucks.

what jessica said is right, all the gangs around here are little rich kids that think being in a gang is cool, their all truely pussies.

As for places to chill... this area sucks, go to dc, but up there you might have more of a problem. YOU might, i havnt. It all depends on the VIBE you go there with... and if someone talks to you, dont ignore them say somethin back... When you ignore them they get pissed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2005 11:31AM by Daniel J.

Date: August 23, 2005 09:26AM

Oh Boo fucking Hoo. To confess the truth, I was attempting to make you feel better that I was drunk while spewing off at you like that. I was stone sober and have no family that I'd talk about honestly on this site.

Go ahead and be scared of the boogie man. Stay in bed with blankies over your head.

There have been far more posts about dead freda than gangs. Does that mean you're scared of her ghost too just because you read about it here?

Quit being a baby.

Date: August 23, 2005 10:29PM

Don't back-track twice, dumbass. You're a douchebag whether you have a kid or not, sober or drunk, whatever. Your ever-changing story not only confuses people but drags your credibility through the shitter.

You have to be some kind of tool to pick on somebody on a fuckin internet discussion board.

This is like 5 days this shit's been goin on. Peace out Pusher.

Date: August 24, 2005 10:29AM

Actually, no one here has credibility. Well maybe Cary. Cry to your mamma if you think I'm "picking on you". Boo Fucking Hoo again.

Yeah, good bye.

Posted by: hellchild ()
Date: August 24, 2005 11:44AM

I dunno if I'd call Coastal Flats a 'good o'l college bar' like the original poster was looking for. granted I particularly like the place but most of the people eating inside are just there to eat (check out the shrimp and grits if you do go. I wasn't too keen on paying 20 bucks for grits but it's fucking awesome) and the folks at the bar and patio are more the suit and tie crowd looking to pass business cards to other suit and tie stiffs. Sweetwater is owend and operated by the same people and has a lot more college aged / laid back crowd.
oh and fuuk the gang banger wanna-bes. I wouldn't sweat it unless you're going to SouthEast, and I especially wouldn't sweat it if you were outside the beltway.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 26, 2005 02:18PM

Coastal Flats is a reasonable place. I was there last nite and had a "spankin' good time" with the fellas. You must go to DC, however, newcomer... happy hours and hangouts there are tight. There's a bar on K that I frequent called Kolumbia, before called Le Tarbouche... it has great martinis. If you're looking at college bars and shit, there's McFadden's. I hate that place though since it's mostly frat boys, skanks, old hags, but once in a while there's a chick with potential however. Party on...

Posted by: Bluto's Spleen ()
Date: August 26, 2005 08:44PM

from the 757 Wrote:
> Hey dudes, I just moved into Centreville. I've
> seen a lot of crap on here about gangs and other
> undesirables, would anyone mind advising what
> areas to avoid?
>
> Also, I just graduated from VA Tech and am missing
> the good ol' college bars. What are some good
> places in the Fairfax area that college-age kids
> hang out at? I've driven past a couple night
> spots near my apartment but they look kinda
> sketchy.
>
> I posted a couple times here before as 05hokie,
> but I changed the name cause I always hated when
> people's IM names had hokie in them. Just
> annoying, y'know?
>
> Thanks.

Fairfax and Centreville are suburbs. Drive (or Metro) to Clarendon in Arlington. Go to Four Courts or Whitlows on Wilson. Bunch of places in the Ballston to Rossylin corridor.

Nothing going on in Fairfax except lobbyists and Federal workers.

Posted by: Tech suxs. UVA rools ()
Date: May 13, 2013 03:19PM

How is teh job at mcDonald's you Hokie?

Posted by: DirtMcGirt ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:13PM

Bluto's Spleen Wrote:

> Fairfax and Centreville are suburbs. Drive (or
> Metro) to Clarendon in Arlington. Go to Four
> Courts or Whitlows on Wilson. Bunch of places in
> the Ballston to Rossylin corridor.
>
> Nothing going on in Fairfax except lobbyists and
> Federal workers.
>

Then he's gonna have to deal with the stuck up daddy's girl white chicks. If he doesn't drive a 335i, G35, or 370Z and is not into asian chicks, he's not gonna get laid either. I say find a dive bar in DC or any local spot with regular people in it. Don't drive drunk.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.