HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia State Police - Lawsuit?
Posted by: bob ()
Date: October 15, 2007 01:32PM

This seems to be fairly recent so Idon't want to hear all you nerds cry about the 'Search' feature because it comes up with nadda.

I heard the other day from a friend who is a Fairfax County Police Officer that the Virginia State Police are getting ready to face a class action lawsuit from an unknown number of Northern Virginian's who have been mistreated (verbally abused) by these officers during traffic stops... It seems that the majority of citizens have filed complaints and have had little or no response / change; and the police - citizen interaction is continuing to get worse. Anyone hear of this? Obviously this is not on any news sites quite yet since they are PLANNING on being sued, but I just wanted to see what information or input people could have. While this is a suit directed towards the state of Virginia, I am wondering if these horrible interactions that are not getting better yet DOCUMENTED can hold any weight in court? I heard that the suit does not involve the recent increase in fines either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia State Police - Lawsuit?
Posted by: beware ()
Date: October 15, 2007 02:20PM

The above is a shill post for the defense fishing for leads on class applicants. Let them use normal procedures... this is classic abuse often employed by those defending law enforcement agencies in misconduct cases.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: October 15, 2007 02:59PM

State Police are some of the most professional in the region. Go drive like a dumbass in Washington DC or PG County and then reconsider your bullshit lawsuit.

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: October 15, 2007 05:50PM

My limited dealings with our public safety officials, as well as what I've gleaned from online and in the public press, lead me to believe that we in Fairfax County have a superb police force--superior to most counties in the United States.

beware and Schrute have provided astute comments about your post bob. Heed the caveats. Support those who serve and protect and stay away from frivolous nuisance lawsuits/class actions.

Date: October 15, 2007 05:54PM

^ Addendum

My comments above apply equally to state and county police agencies.

Posted by: 3 ()
Date: October 15, 2007 05:56PM

Bob cahnge your name to DICK because that is what you are!

Date: October 15, 2007 08:55PM

You guys are a bunch of morons. I'm a firefighter, I work for Fairfax County. Aside from a buch of nerds replying with bombastic remarks - yes, the majority of people who use this thread are aware you all are in high school - no one replied with anything of substance. On a regular basis people post about how they have been screwed by the police or how much they hate them... Interesting. By the way I have no problem with the police force - I took care of one of them, oh about a year and a half ago now when he was shot in the back of his police station. 3 - you my friend are a dick, and beware - a moron.

Date: October 15, 2007 09:16PM

I bet you play hockey too right Bob

Date: October 15, 2007 09:26PM

It's such a shame. This forum is hitting rock bottom. It used to be great, started off with a selection of pictures that were added on a regular basis; great conversation topics; and the expanding ticket search... Now it's filled with high schoolers crying for network passwords, people trying to score piss so they don't fail their drug tests; and middle aged adults who are otherwise losers trying to 'crack a case' or be the forum sleuth to gain some online support... As a county employee who associates with another, and is familiar with the butting heads between the FCPD and VSP I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this. Merely a conversation topic, because that is after all what an online forum is designed for.

It's OK though, because even though the intelligence and value of this thread (and site) alone is so weak - it all serves as valuable 'leads' for a defense - hahaha. Get a life.

Date: October 15, 2007 10:45PM

Rather striking condemnation from an admitted low-level county employee. Isn't there something about don't bite the hand that feeds you? Sounds like you need some management training on the value of team work.

Posted by: ???! ()
Date: October 16, 2007 07:00AM

Fairfax Citizen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rather striking condemnation from an admitted
> low-level county employee. Isn't there something
> about don't bite the hand that feeds you? Sounds
> like you need some management training on the
> value of team work.

When your visiting elderly parents have the big one or your unattended candle catches your house on fire and your valuables need to be salvaged I hope that the "low level" county emplyoee won't hold your comments against...cuz I know I would!!!!

Date: October 16, 2007 07:43AM

FCPD and FCFD (and the SP) are probably second to none, the services they are providing to over a million in just this county is exceptional. Ladies and gentlemen keep up thh good work and just laugh at the negative comments on this board. As far as the low level county employee comment you should be ashamed of yourself for that remark that was tasteless.

Posted by: quantum ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:10AM

I have found both state and local law enforcement (and fire protection) to be consistently competent and professional here. Then again, I go out of my way to be polite and respectful whenever I have any dealings with them, including on the rare occasions where I have had a traffic stop. Let me say it again - I go out of my way to be polite and respectful - not because I am better at it in daily life than others - in fact - I am generally a blunt fellow - but because public safety personnel are working jobs with some degree of danger and uncertainty - particularly given the vagaries of the public - and it just makes simple common sense to be as polite and respectful as possible. This is the negative of our litigation centered culture - too much focus on entitlements at the cost of accountability - and query how much better public safety/community relations would be (and I think they are fairly good in Fairfax) is this was the primary ethic for social inculcation?

Date: October 16, 2007 12:30PM

^ Regret that you misread or misinterpreted what I posted. Come on guys, I'm not critiquing any low-level employees except disgruntled bob who appears to be tossing a red herring into the fray. I stand by my comment that his approach was sophomoric and he, only he, is portraying a low-level employee. Surely, a mid-level or senior level employee would not spark such a discourse. I certainly agree most wholeheartedly with 3 and quantum comments. Sorry you didn't understand what I meant.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: October 16, 2007 04:06PM

bob Wrote:
> You guys are a bunch of morons. I'm a firefighter,
> I work for Fairfax County. Aside from a buch of
> nerds replying with bombastic remarks - yes, the
> majority of people who use this thread are aware
> you all are in high school - no one replied with
> anything of substance. On a regular basis people
> post about how they have been screwed by the
> police or how much they hate them... Interesting.
> By the way I have no problem with the police force
> - I took care of one of them, oh about a year and
> a half ago now when he was shot in the back of his
> police station. 3 - you my friend are a dick, and
> beware - a moron.

Hey Bob, you need to get a grip ass hat. The two police officers who were shot in the back of the Sully Station were transported by heroic POLICE OFFICERS, in a police car to Rt.28 and Westfields where they were placed in POLICE HELICOPTERS and transported to the hospital. A third involved officer, who had a minor wound from ricochet, was treated and released at the scene. Don't make it appear that you are some hero that saved the day, FIREFIGHTERS STAGE UNTIL THE POLICE MAKE IT SAFE, DON'T FORGET IT.

I have no problem with firefighters, in fact, Fairfax definitely has one of the best fire departments in the country. Lets just make sure the facts are clear...

Posted by: dirtyharry ()
Date: October 17, 2007 02:39AM

Virginia State Troopers are largely a uneducated group off ex-military thugs. I hope they get slammed in court.

Fairfax County Officers are a totally different caliber of individual. Especially that red head beauty that works the Centreville/ Fairoaks area. What a knock out she is.

Posted by: Him ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:06PM

Bob. Im not aware of a lawsuit but there is some friction between FCPD and VSP. The few encounters I have had with FCPD the officers were very profesional and lenient.

bob Wrote:
> It's such a shame. This forum is hitting rock
> bottom. It used to be great, started off with a
> selection of pictures that were added on a regular
> basis; great conversation topics; and the
> expanding ticket search... Now it's filled with
> high schoolers crying for network passwords,
> people trying to score piss so they don't fail
> their drug tests; and middle aged adults who are
> otherwise losers trying to 'crack a case' or be
> the forum sleuth to gain some online support... As
> a county employee who associates with another, and
> is familiar with the butting heads between the
> FCPD and VSP I was wondering if anyone else had
> heard of this. Merely a conversation topic,
> because that is after all what an online forum is
> designed for.
>
> It's OK though, because even though the
> intelligence and value of this thread (and site)
> alone is so weak - it all serves as valuable
> 'leads' for a defense - hahaha. Get a life.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:25PM

What a bunch of pussies. While I'm not a normal defender of any sort of police brutality, this is so far from it that it's laughable. "Staties" are professionals and they don't fuck around. I hope this lawsuit gets buried.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 17, 2007 11:29PM

bob Wrote:
> This seems to be fairly recent so Idon't want to
> hear all you nerds cry about the 'Search' feature
> because it comes up with nadda.

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! xD

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: RAT'ZAZZ ()
Date: October 23, 2007 10:13PM

First: EVEN IF A POLICE OFFICER (TROOPER DEPUTY OR COUNTY OFFICER )DID GET A LITTLE IRRATED WITH SOME PUNKASS BIATCH THAT JUST TRIED TO RUN FROM THEM AFTER RUNNING OVER SOMBODY'S GRANDMA, MR. ASPHAULT LAWYER "BOB" WOULD HAVE TO SHOW AND THEN PROVE THE ACT WAS NOT ONLY COMMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL OFFICER BUT THAT THE ORGANIZATION ITSELF HAD KNOWLEDGE OF AND SANCTIONED THE ACTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL OFFICER. GOOD LUCK AMIGO.

AND FOR YOU DIRTY HARRY WHO SAID "Virginia State Troopers are largely a uneducated group off ex-military thugs.'YOU AINT GOT A CLUE DO YA. WHILE SOME OF THEM ARE FORMER MILITARY A LOT ARE JUST REGULAR GUYS AND GALS WHO HAVE BA'S OR BS'S AND SOME EVEN HAVE MASTERS AND PHD'S. THEN THEY GO SPEND 8 OR 9 MONTHS IN AN ACADEMY AWAY FROM HOME,TO LEARN AMONG OTHER THINGS, HOW TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT.
Attachments:
police-1.jpg

Date: October 24, 2007 04:52AM

Actually I have extensive dealings with the Virginia State Police (professionally)
and they are 80% ex-military and low ranking military at that. The vast majority have a high school diploma or a GED and were luck to get that. Sorry the truth offends your ego.

Virginia State police = AAA with a badge & a gun
(most of them are lousy shots)

Love the car though, pretty good paint shop editor job (especially for a Trooper). I just hope you didn't do that on the clock, probably did.

P.S. You guys look like total clowns with those stupid hats.

Posted by: RATZ'AZZ ()
Date: October 24, 2007 05:50AM

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT "DIRTY HARRY" (WHAT A GIVEAWAY TO YOUR PERSONALITY AND PHSYCHOLOGICAL MAKEUP).

JUST THROW OUT SOME STAT YOU HAVE MADE UP. CARE TO PROVIDE ANY DOCUMENTATION? NO TRUTH TO ANYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN SO MY EGO IS INTACT. PERHAPS ITS YOUR "WANNA BE" BARNEY EGO THATS NEEDS A REALITY CHECK? WHATS THE MATTER? DID THE COPPERS TURN YOU DOWN WHEN YOU APPLIED OR DID YOU FLUNK OUT OF THEIR ACADEMY OR PERHAPS GET BOOTED OUT FOR MISCONDUCT WITH HAMSTERS? OR ARE YOU JEALOUS THAT THEY MAKE MORE THAN YOUR MINIMUM WAGE RANTINGS INDICATE YOU BRING HOME?

WHAT IS YOUR "PROFESSIONAL" DEALING WITH THE HIGH HATS?( I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE HATS THOUGH) YOU DON'T SAY SO LET ME GUESS, WASHING THEIR CARS AND THOSE OF OTHER REAL COPS AT THE CAR WASH OR MAKING THEIR BREAKFAST AT IHOP?

NO. I'M NOT A COPPER BUT SEVERAL FAMILY MEMBERS ARE, YOU COULDN'T PAY ME ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THE CRAP THEY PUT UP WITH, ESPECIALLY THE WANNABES LIKE YOU. SEE DEFINITION BELOW:

WannaBe: Someone who takes drastic steps to imitate someone in the mental idea that by doing this they will become that someone over time. These types are overwhelming in their goal to become a police officer or fire fighter some day. Less than 5% of wannabe's ever advanced further than an armed security guard or a happy helper who helps those who don't want or need it. Wannabe's are in the news all the time being arrested for impersonating police officers or fire fighters or getting in their way and impeding progress. Wannabe's can be found wearing uniform style clothing around the house or in the public. These uniforms usually mimic the local law enforcement agency or the local fire department but not always true. They also can be found wearing "duty" belts while living their every day lives and hanging out at the local police/fire incident. When interacting with them they might tell you about their next "big order" from a police supply magazine and tell you how the local police/fire department is using the same item. Some wannabe's might not have the mental stability to enter a respected police or fire department so they always talk about their dreams of becoming one but never pass the tests required to be considered for hire. Wannabe's will usually have online screen or nick names with standard public safety terms. You will also find wannabe's praising and swearing to police favored equipment such as Glock pistols and police cruiser type vehicles.
Attachments:
2633549510.jpg

Date: October 24, 2007 10:30PM

Thanks, you just proved my point 3 times over.

Date: October 24, 2007 10:40PM

Some armed security guards working at Federal sites actually make more than Troopers. I sell gear to both and have seen plenty of wannabes over the years. Things are different now though, sworn officers are leaving their "career" in favor of higher paying Federal guard contracts. The a fact, sorry you have a problem with reality.

I would agree that Glocks are a fine weapon, as are Sigs, Berettas, Para 1911's and Springfield. Personally my favorite is actually revolver.

Posted by: RAT'Z AZZ ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:02AM

ONCE AGAIN YOU SPOUT OFF YOUR "FACTS" WITHOUT CITNG ANY SOURCE OR DOCUMENTATION FOR YOUR POSITION,ITS TIME FOR YOU TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP. YOU STILL HAVEN'T PROVIDED ANY SOURCE FOR EVIDENCE PROVING YOUR STATEMENT "and they are 80% ex-military and low ranking military at that. The vast majority have a high school diploma or a GED and were luck to get that" COULD IT BE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BACK IT UP?

WHAT SORT OF "GEAR" (NON SPECIFIC TERM TYPICALLY USED BY WANNABES) DO YOU SELL TO THEM, SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR FROM WAL-MART?

IF YOU CAN'T WALK THE WALK, DON'T TALK THE TALK.
Attachments:
3060440830.jpg
3507439992.jpg

Posted by: DIRTYHARRY ()
Date: October 25, 2007 11:57AM

You are a typical undereducated LEO.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:38PM

dont type in caps, its hard for ppl like me to read it. Instead, be cool and use HTML to format your post.

Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: October 25, 2007 05:22PM

RAT'Z AZZ AKA TheMeeper is

SHOUTING

Date: October 25, 2007 05:47PM

If I knew Ratz azz was the Meeper, I wouldn't have wasted my time. He has always loved to play devil's advocate. We should set him up with Kathy for a nude stroll and warm water enema.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 25, 2007 06:10PM

dirtyharry,

Don't listen to this fuckin mezza fanook "Bob James", I didn't post that.

Date: October 25, 2007 07:49PM

Well I will believe you this time, BUT next time we are going to need to have the Virginia State Police give you a polygraph.

After Kathy shows up with her enema bag.

Posted by: Art ()
Date: November 23, 2009 03:18PM

I am 70 years of age, and retired. I moved to Fairfax from another state to be near my daughter. I was stopped twice in a year for minor traffic violations by the Fairfax police. On both occasions, I was treated in a rude abusive manner and in the second stop was threatened to be taken to jail because I told the policeman that he was mistaken about the violation he charged me with. I was never anything but polite and respectful, yet was referred to as a "redneck" due to my out of state license plate by the policeman who threatened me with jail. The Fairfax police I have encountered were certainly not professional and did not represent the county in a positive manner. I am moving back to Alabama.

Posted by: for sure ()
Date: November 24, 2009 09:55AM

dirtyharry Wrote:
> Actually I have extensive dealings with the
> Virginia State Police (professionally)
> and they are 80% ex-military and low ranking
> military at that. The vast majority have a high
> school diploma or a GED and were luck to get that.
> Sorry the truth offends your ego.
>
> Virginia State police = AAA with a badge & a
> gun
> (most of them are lousy shots)
>
>
> Love the car though, pretty good paint shop
> editor job (especially for a Trooper). I just hope
> you didn't do that on the clock, probably did.
>
> P.S. You guys look like total clowns with those
> stupid hats.

D Harry is just pissed they dont tip him at his drive up window at Wendys

Posted by: nv ()
Date: November 24, 2009 01:38PM

Art Wrote:
> I am 70 years of age, and retired. I moved to
> Fairfax from another state to be near my daughter.
> I was stopped twice in a year for minor traffic
> violations by the Fairfax police. On both
> occasions, I was treated in a rude abusive manner
> and in the second stop was threatened to be taken
> to jail because I told the policeman that he was
> mistaken about the violation he charged me with.
> I was never anything but polite and respectful,
> yet was referred to as a "redneck" due to my out
> of state license plate by the policeman who
> threatened me with jail. The Fairfax police I
> have encountered were certainly not professional
> and did not represent the county in a positive
> manner. I am moving back to Alabama.

Good, if you moved here and you are driving with an out of state license plate, git the hell out.

Posted by: resident ()
Date: November 24, 2009 02:37PM

Art Wrote:
> in the second stop was threatened to be taken
> to jail
>
> threatened me with jail.
> I am moving back to Alabama.

Maybe the third time he'll march you to jail for tax evasion, unless you have proof you are paying county property taxes on that vehicle you have here. Out-of-state plates don't exempt you from having to pay property taxes for keeping your car in the County. My apologies if you are paying them. What are you doing to get pulled over so often?

Posted by: Yuri N. Sample ()
Date: November 24, 2009 02:49PM

Anyone know where I can score a gallon of piss?

Posted by: Will ()
Date: November 24, 2009 03:01PM

Art Wrote:
> I am 70 years of age, and retired. I moved to
> Fairfax from another state to be near my daughter.
> I was stopped twice in a year for minor traffic
> violations by the Fairfax police. On both
> occasions, I was treated in a rude abusive manner
> and in the second stop was threatened to be taken
> to jail because I told the policeman that he was
> mistaken about the violation he charged me with.
> I was never anything but polite and respectful,
> threatened me with jail. The Fairfax police I
> have encountered were certainly not professional
> and did not represent the county in a positive
> manner. I am moving back to Alabama.

I've lived in Fairfax for 10 years now and have never had a problem. I have
never had a speeding ticket or anything else. I have gone through sobriety
checkpoints and the officers were always extremely polite. I had nothing
to hide. My two kids have had one ticket each. One for failing to come to
a complete stop at a sign in a quiet residential neighborhood and the other
for a going 33 and a 25 mph zone. In both cases, they told me that the
Police officers were very polite. They now know that sometimes cops hide
their cruisers in and keep an eye on things.

I have noticed for quite some time that the most critical people of the
Fairfax County Police seem to have numerous problems with obeying the law.
I hope you enjoy your move back to Alabama. I know the Selma Police enjoy
a reputation for being "warm and fuzzy" and so do the State Troopers:)

Posted by: Regular. ()
Date: June 14, 2013 08:35PM

Anyone know the current status of this lawsuit?

Posted by: Mr GFR ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:29AM

Was there ever a law suit to start with?

I do not think it ever happened.

Posted by: Allah Snackbar ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:14PM

Specifically VA, but applies to most other states, why do we even have a "State Police"? After 9/11 funding became available to most jurisdictions for every toy in the book. Local SWAT teams, EVERY county has at least one 6 figure + "command/crisis" RV. Untold $$$ boned in for local intelligence work to support the big brother network.

So, why the need for the VASP?

Posted by: fairfax driver ()
Date: June 16, 2013 08:53AM

lived in fairfax all my life, been pulled over numerous times by fairfax and state police for various traffic offenses. Fairfax county cops have usually been polite and professional, while the state cops tend to be agressive and offensive. Not all, but most. They come to your car and act all angry that your head light is out and talk down to you like you're an idiot. Must be the way they are trained.

Posted by: Whatttt ()
Date: June 16, 2013 01:29PM

A nigger in a uniform is still a nigger. And I'm talking to you white niggers too.

MAs? Phds? Nigger, please! A degree in "Criminal Justice" is no degree at all.

Posted by: CJ Isn't a Degree ()
Date: June 16, 2013 04:23PM

Whatttt Wrote:
> A nigger in a uniform is still a nigger. And I'm
> talking to you white niggers too.
>
> MAs? Phds? Nigger, please! A degree in "Criminal
> Justice" is no degree at all.

Mostly agree with this.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.