Re: Paul VI High School
it was hoax
Date: April 26, 2013 05:28PM
Fairfax City Police have identified and interviewed the man behind a series of online posts saying Paul VI Catholic High School would be the scene of a "massacre" similar to the Boston Marathon Bombings. But an investigation has found the threats have "no nexus to terrorism," officials said Friday.
The poster, who calls himself "Prophet Mohammed," praised the alleged Boston Marathon bombers in a thread on the Fairfax Underground website last week, before posting a message that read "Inshallah, Paul VI High School will be the scene of another massacre. Allahu akbar!"
Sgt. Kyle Penman of the Fairfax City Police said in an e-mail to Patch on Friday his department's investigation "has found no nexus to terrorism and the threat was determined to be a hoax."
Though the suspect has not been arrested at this point, Penman said "the facts are being reviewed by the Commonwealth Attorney's Office for a determination if prosecution is warranted."
The department is not releasing the suspect's name at this time.
After other Fairfax Underground readers allegedly reported the disturbing posts last week, Fairfax City police swept and searched the school over the weekend, and increased their presence on campus this week during their investigation.
PVI's principal sent a letter to the school community saying the investigation would continue until the situation was resolved