HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Verizon Fiber Optics?
Posted by: VaDriver ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:57PM

Yesterday,I saw these two Mexicans pop out of a gigantic hole in my front lawn. As I reached for my cell phone to call INS, a man in a Verizon truck informed me that these were just Fiber Optics. Thank God,I thought it was a tunnel.
Attachments:
FiberOptic1_jpg.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Verizon Fiber Optics?
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:59PM

VaDriver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yesterday,I saw these two Mexicans pop out of a
> gigantic hole in my front lawn. As I reached for
> my cell phone to call INS, a man in a Verizon
> truck informed me that these were just Fiber
> Optics. Thank God,I thought it was a tunnel.

I'm sure Verizon uses subcontractors for this kind of work. When ICE or some other government entity contacts them - if they ever contact them - they will blame it on the sub.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: October 08, 2007 04:41PM

Yes they do, you'll usually see a pick up with a small sign on it "A verizon contractor". I've also seen Cox putting in new lines lately in certain areas as well .

Posted by: OhReally? ()
Date: October 08, 2007 04:57PM

VaDriver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yesterday,I saw these two Mexicans pop out of a
> gigantic hole in my front lawn. As I reached for
> my cell phone to call INS, a man in a Verizon
> truck informed me that these were just Fiber
> Optics. Thank God,I thought it was a tunnel.

FUNNY. I laughed my head off.

Verizon recently put in fiber optics in my neighborhood and it looked like we were under nuclear attack. When my cable was severed I couldn't find anyone who spoke English. At least when the gas line was ruptured,language wasn't a barrier. I did notice when police and fire arrived, many of the workers scurried off and were hiding around the block.

So, along with the worst customer service I have ever encountered, Verizon can now pride itself on being a major contributor to one of our country's biggest problems....illegal immigration. Way to go, Verizon!!

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: October 08, 2007 05:13PM

Does anyone here live in Middleridge? I noticed a LOT of paint markings on lawns and in the street on Paynes Church, Broadwater and John Ayres, ending at Fairfax Club Estates (Yellow Rail Court) and was wondering whether this is for FIOS. The Verizon website mentions that they will be working in and around Paynes Church in October and I am hoping that they go another 500-1000 yards so that we can finally move off of Cox.

Posted by: The Mole ()
Date: October 08, 2007 05:20PM

Yeah, verizon hit our neighborhood and three cars were broken into one night. Only hit the cars with valued items in them....contractors in the woods, around your house, basically the supervisors ride around in white trucks in circles. Good luck trying to talk with anyone actually working. Paint every where, yards trashed and they disappear in the night. No pun intended.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.