HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lavar and Dukes
Posted by: a fan ()
Date: January 13, 2011 03:05PM

I am a big fan of Lavar and Dukes on 1067 the fan.

Anyone else listen to them? I think they give a great perspective on things, and I like when they bust on callers who obviously are complete morons.

Good show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lavar and Dukes
Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: January 13, 2011 03:09PM

This thread will fail because no one likes talking about that they "like" in this forum.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: January 13, 2011 03:26PM

I tried listening to them, but I just can't get into them. Lavar thinks he's the greatest thing to happen to Football and Dukes is just plain stupid when it comes to sports. All they do is put down callers if they don't agree with them. I do think the show is better when at least one of them is not on the show and is being subbed by Bill Roland or anyone else because it brings the intelligence level up somewhat.

Posted by: Hate CJ ()
Date: January 13, 2011 03:35PM

I like L ANd D.

I cannot stand The Mike Wise show. Whoever CJ is.. needs to go. I have to change the channel when he speaks. HORRIBLE!

Date: January 13, 2011 03:44PM

a fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a big fan of Lavar and Dukes on 1067 the fan.
>
>
> Anyone else listen to them? I think they give a
> great perspective on things, and I like when they
> bust on callers who obviously are complete morons.
>
>
> Good show.

The only thing they seem to know anything about is the Redskins. They have virtually no depth of knowledge on any other sport (including college football).

If you listen to The Sports Reporters, they cover everything - from college hoops to golf to tennis to baseball. They come up a bit short on the NHL and NASCAR, but they are pretty good on everything else.

Hell, Lavar and Dukes are so ill-informed that they seemed to be unaware that there is an NBA team called the Golden State Warriors because they spent an hour talking about how the Wizards should be called the Washington Warriors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: January 13, 2011 04:14PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
>
> Hell, Lavar and Dukes are so ill-informed that
> they seemed to be unaware that there is an NBA
> team called the Golden State Warriors because they
> spent an hour talking about how the Wizards should
> be called the Washington Warriors.

Sure it was the Wizards and not the Skins? I caught them talking about the Redskins name being changed to the Washington Warriors about a year ago. Apparently Snyder owns a domain name "Washingtonwarriors.com".

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if they were talking about the Wizards.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 13, 2011 04:26PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> This thread will fail because no one likes talking
> about that they "like" in this forum.

You may be right, although if there was enough to really "like" about L&D maybe it would work. I don't dislike them or think they are terrible, don't get me wrong, but they aren't particularly notable. They're all right in my book. I can listen to them sometimes. I rarely do but I enjoy it well enough when I do.

Posted by: Billy Jack ()
Date: January 13, 2011 04:31PM

I can tolerate L&D for about 1/2 hour at a time. Lavar butchers the english language but he is okay. I think Chad Dukes does an awsome job no matter who he is paired with.

Hate CJ - I agree with you. Listening to Mike Wise is like nails on the chalk board. That guy is a complete douche bag.

Date: January 13, 2011 07:08PM

No. It was the Wizards because they said a stumbling block might be because Snyder owned the name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: LavarLosPlatos ()
Date: January 13, 2011 07:46PM

Lavar strikes me as unusually-nerdy for a big black ex-football player. He has a geeky white-boy'ness to him, which I can't understand.

Posted by: Tune Out ()
Date: January 13, 2011 07:56PM

There is already a thread on these guys somewhere in the back pages.

Bottom line is, they blow. If there is ever an issue between an organization and a player or players, guess which side Latard, with his extremely limited use of the English language, takes? Can you say "unbiased"? Latard can't. Pukes tries and works hard, but he is a butterball who never experienced playing sports at any competitive level.

Posted by: Joe B, ()
Date: January 13, 2011 08:28PM

I love it when LaVar tries to talk hockey. There is no better entertainment.

Date: January 13, 2011 08:50PM

Joe B, Wrote:
> I love it when LaVar tries to talk hockey. There
> is no better entertainment.

I heard them talk about the Caps today. He was totally lost.

Posted by: Junkies are better ()
Date: January 14, 2011 07:31AM

yeah..the JUNKIES know soooo much more about sports..I can't get enough of them!

Posted by: Pete Peters ()
Date: January 14, 2011 09:04AM

You can tell Lavar watches the Caps games though, and that is saying a lot, because Hockey sucks. Just a hard sport to watch on TV. Great to play, great to watch live, but on tv, even with the biggest High Def. it sucks. I did like the WInter classic, and believe all games shuold be played outdoors. THere should be no hockey teams in the state of Florida.

Posted by: mike wise sux arss ()
Date: January 14, 2011 11:14AM

Not only does Mike Wise and CJ suck ASS but that damn fool Kel that calls in every day makes me sick. I list4en because my office has them on, but I leave the room when this doofus Kel starts his ebonics laden rants.. horrible!

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 14, 2011 12:08PM

I watch hockey on TV all the time. There is one thing I will say about Lavar and Dukes, (perhaps because of Lavar's NFL connections) they get good guests.

Posted by: LaVar's Ego ()
Date: January 14, 2011 12:13PM

LaVar has gotten in over his head with this job just like he did with his restaurant. When he starts on one of his rambles you can tell that he has no idea where it's going and why he even started talking about it. He does a horrible job of putting together a cohesive sentence with valid points. So instead he relies on circling around garbage thoughts with incoherent babble.

To me, Chad was just happy to not be fired and treads lightly on setting LaVar straight. When LaVar is absent from the show you can tell that Chad is having a better time because everything flows a lot better. He also isn't faced with the challenge of having to peace together the garbage coming from LaVar's mouth in order to continue the discussion.

I think the reason that LaVar kills everyone for giving up on McNabb is because it was so similar to the end of his career. Traded to the Giants because his former team did not find him to be an effective player any longer. A smart trade move by the Redskins back then and a smart trade by the Eagles this past year.

LaVar (or CBS), give it up. It's not working!

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 14, 2011 01:00PM

More Complete Wrote:
> I watch hockey on TV all the time. There is one
> thing I will say about Lavar and Dukes, (perhaps
> because of Lavar's NFL connections) they get good
> guests.

He's also with the Post too, right? That's probably a good in for finding guests.

Posted by: liz is hot ()
Date: January 14, 2011 01:56PM

I cannot stand Holden Kuchner.. horrible as well. Napoleon complex written all over that fool.

I would bang the shit outta Liz Dribeck though. yum.

Posted by: Wally Pip ()
Date: January 15, 2011 01:10AM

I don't understand what Lavar Arrington is saying? Lemme axe you something what language is that?

I go into seizure at the sound of Kevin Sheehan's speech impediment layered voice. Like any words with and "s" or "f" in it. Plus he's a fucking rationalizer for everytime he's wrong. Just say you were wrong asshole and move on. quit trying to rationalize your fucking mistakes

Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: January 15, 2011 01:18AM

Why does that idiot Mike Wise have a show?

Posted by: Not A Fan of 106.7 ()
Date: January 15, 2011 03:45AM

I can't believe they give that egotistical douche Mike Wise a show...but he's a whole other issue...

I can't stand Chad's fake ass "shock jock" schtick...the fact that he hosts a sports show is downright embarrassing. He comes up with topics and ideas that are so outlandish and unrealistic it's actually sad. He throws out idiotic theories like it's a video game or something.

And my god...I'd love to find that Marcus from College Park guy...his voice, his annoying attitude...i'd love to beat the negativaty out of him...he's the worst...

Posted by: Civil Rights ()
Date: January 15, 2011 05:12AM

LaVar is a closet racist.

He also needs to address what happened at his Restaurant SIDELINES where he stiffed a bunch of people:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-12-26/entertainment/bal-md.arrington26dec26_1_restaurant-sideline-lavar-arrington

Posted by: robbbspewak ()
Date: January 15, 2011 08:28AM

Not A Fan of 106.7 Wrote:
>
> I can't stand Chad's fake ass "shock jock"
> schtick...the fact that he hosts a sports show is
> downright embarrassing. He comes up with topics
> and ideas that are so outlandish and unrealistic
> it's actually sad.

Yeah Duke's "topics" are really stupid. Someone on DCRTV posted a message speculating that the topics originate from CBS in NYC as a way of keeping the show moving, no matter how idiotic the idea.

For example: Should the Redskins move back to RFK? WTF?

Dukes, sets the premise, then blathers on about it pounding the concept in the the ground - he'll even repeat himself for two sets before "going to the phones", which he does, than hangs up if the caller isn't kissing his ass. Yawn...

I think it's a tactic to keep LaVar off mike, he's such an embarrasment, even the amateurs running JFK nowadays have to hide their heads in shame.

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: January 15, 2011 01:27PM

Well, enjoy the show while you can,I don't think it can make it through another Redskin's offseason. The show gets 100X worse when the Redskins aren't being discussed,,, and contracts are expiring so,,

Hopefully Big O and Dukes will be back

Date: January 15, 2011 02:09PM

Civil Rights Wrote:
> LaVar is a closet racist.
>
>
> He also needs to address what happened at his
> Restaurant SIDELINES where he stiffed a bunch of
> people:
>
>
>
> http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-12-26/entert
> ainment/bal-md.arrington26dec26_1_restaurant-sidel
> ine-lavar-arrington

I don't know about The Sun article, but there have been accounts I have seen where he owed hundreds of thousands of dollars to people involved in the build-out. It sounds like he never secured financing or that people were stupid enough to work without payments based on the fact he is LaVar.

Posted by: TROY AIKMUN ()
Date: January 18, 2011 08:37PM

LAVAR ARRINGTON

BELOW AVERAGE, SHORT LASTING FOOTBALL PLAYER WHO CRASHED

BELOW AVERAGE, SHORT LASTING TOKEN HIRE WHO IS CRASHING

DUKE IS PUKE (and BORING!)

Posted by: Mike Bass ()
Date: July 26, 2012 04:55AM

Never saw this before. Thought Portis was a flake but I think old laVar has some of what LFF has in him. Can you say self centered Johnson.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.