HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
top pawn on graham rd sells stolen goods??
Posted by: velma telfan ()
Date: January 11, 2011 10:54AM

anyone deal with top pawn,my understandin they buy stolen goods from druggies,anyone else aware? corrupting and destroying our Falls church area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: top pawn on graham rd sells stolen goods??
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 11, 2011 11:43AM

Oh my gosh, stolen goods found at a pawn shop? What is the world coming to? This is news, please get the word out. Email everyone you can!!1!111!!!!!!

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: January 11, 2011 06:33PM

That pawn shop is probably the smallest one I've ever visited. I believe the last time I was there, the owners were Korean, and polite. They seemed to have some pretty outdated items for sale. Most pawn shops, in general, are in the business of exploiting those who are down on their luck.

Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: January 11, 2011 06:38PM

I once bought an expensive 1911 baseball card as an investment from this pawn shop in Hollywood CA (ebay). The people there had no idea what it was worth and sold it for like 1/10th its value.

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:52AM

I've always been under the impression that pawn shops were wary of merchandise that might be stolen. But I don't know what their legal duties for standards of diligence really are, exactly how screwed they are when things go bad. Or for that matter whether the police might in fact actually like the pawn shops to engage in some amount of illegal activity in order to supply information, contacts, and leads to "real" criminals.

Hasn't that particular place been around a long time? have many pawn shops in this area gone in and out of business? I imagine they know how to conduct their business in a sustainable way over the long-term with minimal hassles; presumably that involves staying legal.

Pawn shops are a little mysterious to most people such as myself. I've only been in a few, never bought anything. I wonder how realistic the TV shows "Pawn Stars" and "Hard Core Pawn" are?

Posted by: fuzzymunkey ()
Date: January 12, 2011 09:37AM

All pawn shop transactions are required to be reported to state law enforcement. The pawn database is available to all local area police departments. Some police departments track and disseminate a list of the "top pawn customers" to officers. Most of the people on these lists, coincidentally,are locally known thieves who normally don't stay out of jail very long.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.