HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Need recommendation for dog boarding in FXCo.
Posted by: jjjjjoooo ()
Date: November 27, 2010 11:24AM

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy place to board our dog in Fairfax County? TIA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need recommendation for dog boarding in FXCo.
Posted by: davedavedave ()
Date: November 27, 2010 11:44AM

Deepwood has always been good to my dachshund. I have boarded him there 7 or 8 times and my dog is happy to go there.

http://www.deepwoodvet.net/

Posted by: Fancy Fox ()
Date: November 27, 2010 12:38PM

VCA University Vet Clinic at University Mall in Fairfax boards animals. They have indoor runs available on a first come first served basis and indoor kennels. They are known for outstanding vet care, expensive but Dr. Jackson has cared for our animals for 30 yrs. and we wouldn't trust anyone else.

http://www.vcahospitals.com/university-va

Posted by: Pet owner ()
Date: November 27, 2010 12:49PM

Dulles Pet Retreat...our dog gets great care, they have all sorts of options, our dog is always happy there.

http://www.dullesgatewaykennels.com/

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: November 27, 2010 04:19PM

Gravis made me do it.
Attachments:
puppy-mill.jpg

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 27, 2010 06:32PM

We always did well with the Dulles Executive Pet Kennel. Nowadays, though, we have someone come over to the house.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 27, 2010 06:33PM

Btw, there's one at Seven Corners that you should avoid at all costs. I don't remember the name of it, but there are a ton of horror stories coming from the place.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: MtVernonMom ()
Date: November 27, 2010 07:36PM

Check out Woodlawn Kennels - have used them for over 30 years for our numerous dogs and cats. Our pets were always well taken care of and never came home sick or fearful. http://www.woodlawnkennel.com/

Posted by: ReleaseTheHounds! ()
Date: November 27, 2010 08:48PM

I boarded my twelve year old dog for the first time this fall. It was at Dogtopia in Dulles. I could watch him on their webcam and he fared well with their playground atmosphere. I give a good recommendation to Dogtopia at Dulles.

Posted by: Just Say No ()
Date: November 28, 2010 08:05AM

Just leave some extra food out. He can drink from the terlit.

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: November 28, 2010 01:09PM

Dulles Gateway is now owned by Pender Vet Clinic of Fair Oaks and has a huge facility out near Chantilly auto park near the Fairfax/Loudoun line.

Posted by: pwtown ()
Date: November 29, 2010 02:51PM

Petsmart pethotel in fairlakes is great. they care for the animals like its their own and they give every animal individual attention. love the people that work there too!

Posted by: Dogt ()
Date: November 29, 2010 03:30PM

Dogtopia of Dulles is a very pet-friendly boarding facility with webcams so you can watch your pet during playtime. I boarded my 1 year old dog there for 3 days and he got a bath before he left too. I highly recommend Dogtopia of Dulles.

Posted by: Seeker ()
Date: November 29, 2010 03:40PM

Not FXCO, but Paws Awhile Pet Hotel (http://www.pawsawhilepetmotel.com/H-BOARDING.htm) in Warrenton is excellent. We left our German Shepherd Dog there when we went on vacation last year and she was much less stressed than after other boarding at other facilities. Mother Eirene and Sister Elizabeth run a great facility with a lot of activities and personal attention. While it can be pricey, it is very good for dogs who like to be outside since there is a lot of open space for play or just running around.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: November 30, 2010 09:38AM

I can second the recommendation for Paws Awhile. We boarded our husky out there many times and he was always well taken care of. Its a little bit of a drive out there, maybe 40-45 minutes, but I consider that worth the peace of mind I have when I leave my dog there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.