HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Invasive FCPS "where do you work" form
Posted by: Privacy advocate ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:07PM

Has anyone seen this? According to this form, in order to receive federal grant money due to lost property/use tax revenue from federal activity, FCPS wants parents of students to list their full names, places of employment, provide copies of military orders, and indicate which federal facility they work at from a list of locations including Arlington and Warrenton (the CIA and other national securty activities). Nothing in MD or DC is listed.

While I can guess that the deatailed request might be a result of a rederal information requirement to obtain the grant money, I'm wondering about the statement on the form that "all information will be kept confidential".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Invasive FCPS "where do you work" form
Posted by: La ChaCha ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:20PM

Is there an option for me to select day laborer?

Posted by: TBP ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:26PM

No shit -- why aren't they claiming money from the feds for all the illegals not paying property taxes?

Posted by: Impact Aid ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:32PM

Have submitted Impact Aid forms for years, all over the US. I don't think it's telling the feds anything they don't already know.

School districts in areas where there are people employed by the federal government are able to apply and receive funds based on how many students of federal employees they have registered. Why wouldn't they want the forms turned in?

Date: November 10, 2010 07:33PM

I can't answer that for you, senor. I can make $150 - 200 each day. But that money goes towards rent and food and maybe some gas in the Corolla. Your American government doesn't really care about me doing the work I do. Cutting grass and trees and maybe even painting some houses for builders. Im just happy to have a warm apartment for my family.

Posted by: Don't ask and I won't complain ()
Date: November 10, 2010 07:41PM

The Impact Aid forms are simply for those who get educated in Fairfax public schools but don't pay property taxes to help pay for that education because they might live in Fed housing on military bases, etc; the county (and other counties) said "WAITAMINUTE! That is NOT fair!" and the Feds agreed.

A more invasive "form", IMHO, is the "depression/suicide survey" that is given to middle school students. In theory the surveys, though tied personally to each student, are to be closely guarded and eventually shredded.

==============

At some point, we're gonna have to ask what is a school system's/government's responsibility and what is a family responsibility.

Posted by: wahh ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:15PM

Don't ask and I won't complain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Impact Aid forms are simply for those who get
> educated in Fairfax public schools but don't pay
> property taxes to help pay for that education
> because they might live in Fed housing on military
> bases, etc; the county (and other counties) said
> "WAITAMINUTE! That is NOT fair!" and the Feds
> agreed.
>

The form doesn't seek details on whether you own property, it asks where you work, and targets specific federal activities. Check it out:

http://www.fcps.edu/DIT/forms/fs57.pdf

Posted by: Don't ask etc ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:27PM

Pardon - the form is to know how many students worth of money to give to the county because the FEDERAL GOVERMENT doesn't pay property tax, not the students themselves - my bad (page two of the form).

Posted by: say ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:14PM

TBP Wrote:
> No shit -- why aren't they claiming money from the
> feds for all the illegals not paying property
> taxes?

Apartment properties are assessed, and a real estate tax is levied. The apartment owner pays the tax. Where do you suppose the owner gets this money to pay the tax? hint: he/she gets it from the tenants.

So, if an illegal immigrant lives rents an apartment or any type of residence for that matter, they pay property taxes.

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:21PM

I can remember receiving some years ago, a so-called 'FCPS school census' form, which essentially wanted to know if anyone under 18 lived in the home, and also stated that the information was required, under "penalty of law". The tactics they employ to squeeze out a few more $$$$, are becoming quite ridiculous, not to mention questionable.

Date: November 11, 2010 02:21AM

say Wrote:
>
> Apartment properties are assessed, and a real
> estate tax is levied. The apartment owner pays
> the tax. Where do you suppose the owner gets this
> money to pay the tax? hint: he/she gets it from
> the tenants.
>
I see, so my apartment is assessed and the taxes are paid by my slumlord. But, it really doesn't account for the fact that 8 of us are living in the apartment. While being taxed, it's not really equally.

Posted by: lost again ()
Date: November 11, 2010 09:03AM

If the Founding Fathers had witnessed discussions like this back in the 1770s, they never would have given us the right to vote.

Posted by: DontLookInTrunk ()
Date: November 11, 2010 09:39AM

We are counting chickens now.... Hide your guns and your gold fillings.

Posted by: don't trust big govt ()
Date: November 13, 2013 10:43PM

why should the unions have our private information. it is none of their business and i don't want collusion with get out the vote groups. big brother is scary

Posted by: Mr GFR ()
Date: November 13, 2013 11:16PM

So what happens if you don't return the form?

Posted by: Liberal Logic 29 ()
Date: November 13, 2013 11:50PM

lost again Wrote:
> If the Founding Fathers had witnessed discussions
> like this back in the 1770s, they never would have
> given us the right to vote.

They didnt want everyone voting. They wanted only a small percentage of people voting. Racist policies of the day aside you had to be a land owner to vote.

In other words they wouldnt be letting people on welfare vote themselves more free stuff.

Posted by: xDmJ7 ()
Date: November 14, 2013 12:17AM

Dis joint been dere fo-eva. You aint gotta fil out the bitch.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.