HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Road from Hell.... Route 28
Posted by: eccentricldy ()
Date: August 26, 2007 08:07PM

I must drive this nasty road everyday to and from work. It seems that every day there is one person or the other misbehaving! What really irks me is when we get close to the toll road. It appears that folks wait until the VERY LAST MINUTE to move over to the right lane to exit onto the toll road going towards McLean or Dulles. Did you not know that it was coming up?? Or did you just want to get in front of the line of cars being patient to take the exit.

On the way home, you've got the middle lane drivers on their cell phones. It's not holding the phone that distracts people... it's the conversation.

Can we just all try to drive correctly!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Road from Hell.... Route 28
Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 26, 2007 10:51PM

OK I'll be in the right lane early tomorrow. To cure your Monday Blues.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:00AM

drive faster; use grenades.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: August 27, 2007 10:43AM

You think 28 is the road from Hell up by Dulles, you should try driving it in Prince William County.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: August 27, 2007 12:41PM

I have to do 28 every day and know exactly what you mean....

In addition, you get the idiots who think that the left lane is for folks who want to drive the speed limit OR LESS! That is what gets to me every morining, the same drivers in the PASSING LANE driving as slow as molassas!

Oh well, it is what it is I guess...

Posted by: eccentricldy ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:39PM

To pyamids17 thank you... it's much appreciated!!

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:54PM

Well...I don't actually use 28 to get to work. But if I did, I would do you that favor.

Date: August 27, 2007 06:01PM

aren't there left turns on 28? I believe I have driven slowly in the left lane while looking for a turn.

That's actually one reason I hate driving on the Beltway. There are a lot of left exits, so the normal rules can't really apply. It really makes for chaos.

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: August 27, 2007 08:21PM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You think 28 is the road from Hell up by Dulles,
> you should try driving it in Prince William
> County.

Try even further south, in Fauquier - it's two lanes, 45mph and slowed by farm equipment.

I avoid 28 in all its incarnations as much as possible; despite the fact that it's pretty much a straight shot from home to office (albeit 45 miles of straight shot), I can make it faster by swinging west and coming up 29 to 15 - it's a longer route by about 8 or 10 miles, but it's about 25 minutes quicker.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 28, 2007 10:29AM

After they closed all the exits ans stuff near 66, it made it more hellish. They said it was make traffic better, but it still backs up both directions and it inconveniences everyone.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: August 28, 2007 11:02AM

Haven't they been talking about eliminating the intersections and putting in ramps, like they did at 28 and 50 and 28 and 29? It might make traffic flow better, but God knows how many years it would take to do it. I remember the 28/29 project was an f-ing nightmare that seemed to go on forever.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 28, 2007 12:50PM

ahh i remeber the 28/29 proj. Damn that intersection would be awful if they hadnt fixed it

A true Fairfaxian will remeber the 28/50 interchange being built.

Now they build interchanges in loudoun county instead of useful places like 28/cville multiplex and the soccer fields

I think the whole section between 28/29 interchange and new braddock rd needs to be elevated with exits. No more backups to I-66 steming from new braddock light and not bing able to turn left out of Mcdonalds due to traffic blocking the intersection

Posted by: ... ()
Date: September 06, 2007 04:38PM

I've seen more trash on 28..and I'm not talking about the cars or their drivers ;)

There's all sorts of debris, sometimes on the travel lanes (try dodging a piece of sheet metal at 55MPH!), mostly in the median..bits of plywood, blown tires, metal chunks, etc..in the part between I66 and Route 7.

Is there some sort of dump or landfill off 28 somewhere around there? It's the *filthiest* highway I've ever driven on. Next time you drive on 28, go look at all of the trash in the median.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: September 06, 2007 08:19PM

What are they doing on 28 near (old) Braddock Rd? They're digging up a swath between 28 and Stone Rd.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: September 06, 2007 09:12PM

Route 28 gateway to Manassas Park. That is reason enough to hate it.

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: September 06, 2007 09:30PM

I remember when it was 2 lane !!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.