HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pimmit Hills Area
Posted by: The Dude ()
Date: August 23, 2007 09:37AM

Hey guys,

what is Pimmit Hills area of Falls Church like?

Looking to buy a house there.

Opinions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pimmit Hills Area
Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: August 23, 2007 09:46AM

My opinion is that you should get a map and drive around the area.

Posted by: J Herrity ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:17AM

It's an overpriced run-down sh*t hole. Almost as bad as Annandale or Lohman's Plaza. You'll need to know korean and spanish to talk to the locals.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:51AM

Never heard of it, wait six months before buying, you'll probably save $20,000 easy.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:12PM

Answer these questions and light will be shed:

1: Do you enjoy Hispanics?
2: Does 12 cars in the driveway next door bother you?
3: Ever pick up human excrement in your own yard?
4: How do you feel about corona bottles strewn carelessly aboout?
5: Do you enjoy Hispanics?

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:40PM

1. leave fairfax county

Posted by: Sds ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:03PM

Posted by: J Herrity (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2007 10:17AM

It's an overpriced run-down sh*t hole. Almost as bad as Annandale or Lohman's Plaza. You'll need to know korean and spanish to talk to the locals.

--------------

Its like 90% american, wtf are you talking about?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:19PM

I rented a house in Pimmit about 10 years ago, and it's just a few blocks from where I live nowadays. Don't listen to people who are saying it's overrun with Hispanics or Koreans. That is not true at all. It's no more "ethnic" than any other place in the county. I drive thru Pimmitt every day. It's mostly white people actually.

The houses there are older single homes, and typically smaller. But that is changing- plenty of folks there have been building additions onto there existing homes, so there are quite a number of large homes. The neighborhood was developed long ago, so alot of the yards are much bigger than most neighborhoods you see around here. The yards are especially big compared to other places in the Tysons area. The homes are also pretty expensive, but it's a very convenient location to live in. The homes on the quiet, tree-lined cul-de-sacs actually look like real nice places to live, and there are several parks in the neighborhood.

The streets are safe and clean. There isn't any more crime there than you would find in Oakton, Fairfax, Vienna, etc. It seems like most owners are either older people who have lived there for a long time, or younger couples that were just starting out and only needed a smaller home in a good location. It's close to Tysons, has really convenient access to major highways and Metro, and there are 2 shopping centers and a library within walking distance.

Take a drive around there some day and you'll find that it's nothing like what the jokers above are saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2007 05:21PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:47PM

The best way to check out a neighborhood is to go there on a Saturday or Sunday in the daytime when the weather is nice. Then you can see what it is really like. Don't let some slick realtor take you there on a weekday during the day when no one is around.
If you go there on a Sunday evening you can see what parking is like if you require on street parking.
You can also check out the county website and see how often houses sell on the block.

Posted by: bubba ()
Date: August 29, 2007 04:15PM

One more vote for depressing shithole, Most of pimmit hills is like a place people who've given up on their lives go to wait for the sweet embrace of death.

Posted by: Pimmit Hills resident Billy Wayne ()
Date: August 31, 2007 04:54PM

Haha, Pimmit Hill is actually a nice area. It has changed over the past few years and isn't as bad as it use to be. Less gangs and groups of kids running around doing crazy things. The Library park has come a long way from what it use to be. You don't see MS-13 members running around with their little machetes cutting up people and you don't see large groups of kids dressed in black tearing up the neigborhood. The houses are nice. You don't need to speak Korean to live there, but one guy was right you do need some spanish anywhere you live around Fairfax.

Posted by: Moron ()
Date: August 31, 2007 08:35PM

Even back in the 70's, it was known as Pimmit Slums. The motorcycle gang, The Pagans, was located there along with a bunch of other tough characters there.

Date: August 31, 2007 09:55PM

Pimmit Hills makes me so happee. It's just so hilly. It's just so Pimmity!

I'm the Mayor of Pimmit Hills, and I Endorse this Message.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 31, 2007 10:22PM

The motorcycle gang, The Pagans, was located there along with a bunch of other tough characters there.

My local friends always told me it was Hells Angels that lived there back then, so I guess no one really knows for sure. Biker gangs don't live there now though, the toughest characters you'll see are old white guys that yell at kids to keep off their lawn. Alot has changed since the 70s.

There are alot of houses for sale, at least 6 or 7, along Griffith Road right now. Buy in while you still can!

Posted by: Pimmit President ()
Date: August 31, 2007 10:51PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> the toughest characters you'll
> see are old white guys that yell at kids to keep
> off their lawn. Alot has changed since the 70s.
>

LOL

Posted by: ladymacb29 ()
Date: September 22, 2007 10:55PM

I just moved from an apartment next to George C Marshall (which is across the street from Pimmit Hills). Not more/less crime than anywhere else, the houses are small, but it looks like many have had additions. There are some new McMansions on Magarity, though. (And one butt-ugly pink house at the top of Magarity being sold for ~$450K...) There are townhouses across rt. 7 that sell for around the same price...

I'd say the area would be good for starter homes.

Posted by: johnson68 ()
Date: September 23, 2007 01:51AM

pimmit hills right now is a very mixed area. as lady said there are some mcmanison type houses especially on the endges near mclean center and near rt7.

pimmit hills has a large hispanic population as well along with some of the "illegal immigrant" issues such as overcrownding, multiple cars parked at a single house and other issues. in addition there is a pretty good amount of late night quality of life issues such as thrown/broken beer bottles, arguments, cars being reveed and raced around the area as well.

before you buy something in any part of pimmit hills i would make sure that you visited it during all times of day and night, espcially on a warm summer/fall night just to make sure you are ok with it. it is a rapidly changing area of the county.

Posted by: Big Jake ()
Date: March 15, 2010 10:57PM

The Pagans used to run in Pmiit in the 60s & 70s. Now it is mostly white. Smattering of latinos.

Posted by: robonscanner ()
Date: March 15, 2010 11:22PM

Both opinions are kind of valid. There is an fairfax county adult education center named Pimmit Hills adult education center. It caters to adult hispanics tthat want to graduate from school. There was a murder up the street. It is beter than before. You can get a house for the same amount of money of a townhouse. For some rerason the prices in that area are lower. It may be because some people are just loosing their houses there.
It was also where the famous stand off feature in fox 5 tool place. Wttg site google falls church stand off. This dude shut a female, keept everyone awake for 24 hrs than die on the way out. Dont get me wrong is a good value type deal. Gravity is just malking this place better. Just tring to be honest.

Posted by: sophies'mom ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:10PM

I moved here in August 2010. Don't know much about the motorcycle business or crime at all. I'll admit the "using the lawn as a parking lot" is prevalent. I would imagine this has to due with the number of rentals. However the location can't be beat, and with the metro coming and the expansion of Tyson's corner, property values are bound to rise. The proximity to Mclean is convenient, love being able to walk to the 24 hour Safeway. Every neighborhood goes through generational changes and renewal is coming to Pimmit Hills.

Posted by: Blank Reg ()
Date: October 28, 2010 09:41AM

I grew up in Pimmit Hills, between the mid 70s and mid 90s. My dad was a former biker, but I don't think he was associated with the Pagans. At least, I don't remember his cut indicating so. It was a pleasant area back then from what I remember. Kids could walk to school, to the grocery stores, to the parks, with no danger really. People were neighborly, I recall my parents being friendly with at least 10 other houses on our block alone, if not more.

I don't know what the neighborhood is like for sure now, I only see it when I visit my dad's house. It does seem a little... worn around the edges, I guess a few houses are falling into dilapidation and it looks odd when there are sparkly McMansions just down the road. Those huge houses also kind of make everything seem squished in. I know several people of different races (albeit all citizens) and mostly upper middle class status that have bought homes there, and they are happy with their decision. Basically, the neighborhood is not like it used to be (though I may be remembering it fondly as seen through childhood eyes), but it's not a shithole by far.

Posted by: Black Adam ()
Date: October 31, 2010 04:00PM

The Dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey guys,
>
> what is Pimmit Hills area of Falls Church like?
>
>
> Looking to buy a house there.
>
>
> Opinions?

just watch da movie "Gran Torino" its jus like dat.

Yours in Christ
Black Adam

Posted by: Some Guy ()
Date: November 02, 2010 05:09PM

everything everyone has said is true...we got a letter from the county saying we had to prepare for a home inspection because they suspected a ton of people (presumably illegals) living in the house...we have 3 vehicles, two inside the garage so i don't know how they got that impression

the houses are mostly butt ugly and look run down and the place is basically poor but the newcomers are building really nice homes...probably employees of the upscale firms down the street

give it another generation and it'll be much more upscale...for now it's kinda like a dying slum in the middle of a really commercial area

Posted by: NBtarheel_33 ()
Date: January 13, 2012 03:25AM

Like everything in this world, things change. Pimmit Hills was built for the return soldiers of WWII and the Korean War, starting families, and living the simple life. They were just happy to be alive. Like everything, we have the good, the bad, and people who don't think the same way as others. Pimmit Hills is a piece of American history. We can either have folks buy up those little, run-down houses and turn them into mansions that change the magic of our little community, or we can embrace what we have, repair our little houses the best we can, clean up our yards, and love our neighbors, no matter what color they are. I am a newcomer, because my Uncle passed away, his little house had seen many changes. And since he purchased it in 1976, it stood the test of time, sheltered a family, saw much joy, and suffering. We fixed up and improved this little piece of history, and look forward to making it a blessed home. Try not to think of the bad things in our little community, but prosper, dear neighbors, and love one another. Keep our community the special place to live that it is.

Posted by: Its Fairfax not Southeast ()
Date: January 13, 2012 10:31AM

Pimmit hills is likely to go through a gentrification process over the next 10 years with major improvements coming between Falls Church and Tysons. Theres already been some new and nice upscale developments along Route 7 in the area. The shopping center with whole foods and across the street Trader Joes is very successful judging by the foot traffic around there. It will likely become very much like merrifield over the next 10 years with new mid-rise buildings and townhomes replacing old post WWII housing that has become delapidated. You'd be smart to get in at a level right now thats low because of interest rates, poor market for sellers, and pre-metro and gentrification.

As far as everyone who sees 1950s construction and a few immigrants and thinks run down and gonna turn into South East DC, yer all prejudice dicks. Oh no!!! theres non-white people, so what I'm not white and I'm also a civil engineer, own property, and came from a family whose parents had to work 2 jobs to make sure we could go to a good college.

Also how retarded are you anyways, Koreans have a lot of money in comparison to most nationalities in this region, generally the areas where koreans populate have been pretty high land price wise (Vienna, Tysons, Falls Church). I live in a luxury building with a ton of koreans, and would rather live there than next to your gaudy bullshit place in the "safe part of fairfax". ITS FAIRFAX COUNTY, its not south east, your pretty much safe everywhere. Yer just afraid cause your an out of shape white guy prolly and never even try to talk to anyone other than similarly doughy shaped white people.

Enjoy when you get outpriced in this region by "dangerous immigrants". Go live in Loudoun I hear theres tons of rich white people that live there.

Posted by: Matt77 ()
Date: June 22, 2013 11:02PM

Who are these fools spewing forth ignorant and/or racist remarks about Pimmit. Crime statistics are lower than McLean now. Anyone fortunate to own in this neighborhood has made a killing on housing prices given the demand to live there. If I had the cash, I'd grab up more rental properties in a heartbeat.

Posted by: PaxonGriffinSportsman ()
Date: June 23, 2013 04:10AM

If you are a white rednecky kind of guy, please BUY NOW. Preserve the history of Pimmit Hills. You can still, to this day, hear Harley's on Saturday morning (usually not before 10). The PCP is gone but we still got weed. Eat kick ass Ledo Pizza. Shop at the best Safeway in NOVA. Forget about the whole Hank shooting Hillary thing (she was so nice) . Then he kilt himself (in front of their kid) when the cops threw a phone in the window. He thought they were coming in hot so he took the easy way out. Fisher and Lisle just ain't the same. Oh. And get a shitload of Christmas lights for your yard. You will need them. Year round.
Wellkom to the naborhood.
When your all settled, hit us up. We'll cook a pork butt and drink some Buds.

Posted by: Halftrack Jack ()
Date: March 23, 2014 10:27AM

We lived on Burnside Court for a year in 99-00. Later bought a house in another (smaller) Falls Church Neighborhood called Brilyn Park. Pimmit Hills provided the perfect starter neighborhood for our young family and, if we get a good opportunity, we'll buy a 2nd house there. The location is perfect, Metro is waiting to open, shopping is great (Safeway, Trader Joe's, etc...) and the schools (especially Marshall HS, are very good. By the way, all the folks we met around there were very friendly.

Posted by: Pagan Haven ()
Date: March 23, 2014 12:30PM

It's starter home territory, though there are a lot of hideous McMansions that get built by Asians and Middle Easteners who want to build the biggest, gaudiest houses possible. They don't care if their next door neighbors are 65 year old transplants from West Virginia living in a shack with no basement because they don't acknowledge their existence anyway. It's not sketchy fun like it used to be when the Pagans ruled, just weird as shit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.