HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend - No Tax
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 03, 2007 12:58PM

In 2007, the Sales Tax Holiday will begin at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 3, 2007 and end at midnight on Sunday, August 5, 2007.

During Virginia's Sales Tax Holiday, purchases of school supplies selling for $20 or less per item, and articles of clothing, including footwear, selling for $100 or less per item, will be exempt from sales tax. All retailers selling these items MUST participate in the Sales Tax Holiday. Sales tax exemptions do not apply to items selling for more than the amounts listed.

Retailers may also choose to absorb the sales tax on other items during the Sales Tax Holiday, but they are responsible for paying the tax themselves to the Department of Taxation.

EDIT- http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=STHoliday

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 01:04PM by Lurker..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend - No Tax
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: August 03, 2007 01:57PM

What about bars? :)

Re: VA Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend - No Tax
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 03, 2007 02:01PM

I agree, after all it's almost Friday happy hour. I was wondering if I could buy a drink called a "shoe something" and get a discount? Pretty sure I can keep my tab under $100 if that helps me qualify?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.