HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Husband Looking For Witnesses RT7 Justice for Margie
Posted by: Oopa ()
Date: October 05, 2010 10:39PM

On the 14th of January 2010, around 8:45 am, Margie was pulled over along side of the route 15/7 Leesburg bypass eastbound approximately one mile from the King Street exit to West Park golf course. She was out of her vehicle when she was struck and killed by a passing dump truck. Unfortunately, the police investigation has resulted in more questions than answers. Although it was a sunny morning, in rush hour traffic, not a single witness has come forward that observed Martha that morning or any deviations made by the dump truck. There are no witnesses!

http://www.justiceformargie.com/

Please help us obtain Justice for Margie (Martha Johnson). We need EVERYBODY's help.
Please email Jim.Plowman@Loudoun.gov he is the Commonwealth Attorney, with your
outrage on how the investigation/case has been handled by the Leesburg Police Department..... Thank you all in advance....

I have been attempting to obtain the texting records of the driver that struck and killed my wife Martha on January 14th of this year. Yesterday I spoke with Captain Moxely of the Leesburg Police Department and he confirmed for me that the police did not check out the drivers texting activity around the time of the accident or any other time. He told me that the police were satisfied with his statement as he seemed credible and he did show that his first text he could show on his phone was at 10:30 that day. We all know you can erase a single text or the entire log. It appeared the driver could not show any text history prior to 10:30. I asked Captain Moxely if they were planning to get the information. He told me that he review the case and found the investigation and the police would make no further attempt to collect this information as it is intellectual property. I told him "sir a woman died, my wife died" he said I'm sorry for your loss but the case is closed and there is nothing he can do. I can't believe that when a train crashes......we get the text log........when a bus crashed....get the text log....when the Metro crashes......get the text log.......but when my wife is killed....NO ONE WILL GET THE TEXT LOG! If any of you think this is unusual please email CommonWealth Attorney Jim Plowman and voice your opinion. jim.plowman@loudoun.gov It can even be a one liner. Please forward this around. Thanks, John and Marge

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Husband Looking For Witnesses RT7 Justice for Margie
Posted by: why dont you? ()
Date: October 05, 2010 10:55PM

Why dont you bypass the police, hire a attorney, sue for wrongful death and get a court order to get the cell phone record?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: October 06, 2010 08:50AM

If the family can afford an H2 then a lawyer is appropriate and affordable. I'm not trying to be heartless here, but people generally regard H2 drivers as self-centered egomaniacs, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that people didn't pay an H2 by the side of the road any mind.

Was she struck in the road or off the road on the shoulder? If she was in the road, then texting or not she may have been hit by any driver.

edit to add: "According to witnesses she got out of her car and moved to the front of the vehicle before stepping into the eastbound lane of the highway and into the path of an oncoming dump truck." With an H2 I guess there is no room to move around on a shoulder when pulled over, one of many reasons I have absolutely no interest in owning one.

Get a lawyer and see if he/she can get the mobile phone records subpoenaed. So much time has now passed (ten months) that the mobile phone company may not have kept them. A letter-writing campaign to an attorney general for an incident that happened almost a year ago isn't going to work, you need legal help.

I am sorry for your loss and hope you get the info you are looking for (I assume this is for filing a wrongful death or negligence civil suit of some kind).

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2010 11:49AM by justsayin.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 06, 2010 09:01AM

Should've stayed in the H2...

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 09:13AM

Dumptruck 1
Margie 0

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 06, 2010 09:14AM

FWIW, we can't provide a reasoned analysis without pics.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 06, 2010 09:18AM

maybe she's still underneath the dumptruck?

Posted by: M ()
Date: October 06, 2010 11:42AM

I'm very sorry for your loss. You should hire a lawyer.

(I'm also sorry for some of the insensitive remarks that are being posted. It is amazing to me how cold hearted some people can be!)

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 06, 2010 11:55AM

She should've married Ironman. He could've prevented this tragedy.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: say ()
Date: October 06, 2010 09:51PM

There won't be any justice. Killing somebody with a vehicle is considered an "accident", even though it often IS NOT an accident. Rather, it is the logical result of a stupid act or omission.

Only if alcohol is involved do the penalties get stiffer, and even then the best you can hope for is a few years in the slammer. Justice would be running over the guy with his dump truck. Ain't going to happen

Posted by: jRoc ()
Date: October 06, 2010 10:11PM

say Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There won't be any justice. Killing somebody with
> a vehicle is considered an "accident", even though
> it often IS NOT an accident. Rather, it is the
> logical result of a stupid act or omission.
>
> Only if alcohol is involved do the penalties get
> stiffer, and even then the best you can hope for
> is a few years in the slammer. Justice would be
> running over the guy with his dump truck. Ain't
> going to happen

This is what I am talking about. Apparently having any alcohol or drug in your system opens the flood gates to take you down, but texting or something simliar (a non moral-church) issue doesn't warrant the same attention.
reference this discussion: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/414369.html

Posted by: Anonymouse1 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 05:07AM

Margie " jumped" in front of the truck. Driver was not texting. Margie didn't stop to " check out a loose bolt on the Hummer" either. Give it up, weren't you on the cusp of a divorce anyway?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.