HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Teacher charges with Cruelty to Children
Posted by: public stoning may be in order ()
Date: August 02, 2010 02:36PM

CENTREVILLE, Va. - Fairfax County Police have arrested and charged a special education teacher with mistreating children in her care.
According to police, 33-year-old Jennah Billeter physically assaulted two boys, ages 4 and 5, at Deer Park Elementary School in Centreville. The boys did not require medical treatment.

The charges stem from an investigation launched after a school employee called Child Protective Services about the alleged abuse in July.

Billeter was charged with one count of misdemeanor simple assault and two counts of felony cruelty to children.

Billeter turned herself into the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center on Sunday.

Fairfax County Public Schools have suspended Billeter without pay.

Hank Silverberg contributed to this report.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teacher charges with Cruelty to Children
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 02, 2010 02:52PM

So, what exactly did she do to them? Smack them? Spank? Throw them across the room?

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 02, 2010 03:01PM

What stores take Cruelty to Children?

Date: August 02, 2010 03:03PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What stores take Cruelty to Children?

Toys R Us, Baby Gap.

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: August 02, 2010 06:20PM

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2010/080210childcruelty.htm

She looks so innocent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 02, 2010 06:28PM

dika-dika Wrote:

>
> She looks so innocent

She looks like an angry bitch.

Posted by: notsure ()
Date: August 02, 2010 08:40PM

Why are they so quick to post her picture? If she gets free, then she will never be able to work there again, even if not guilty. I do not agree with this stuff she supposedly did, but she is due her time in court. Not court of public opinion.

Posted by: Amen man ()
Date: August 03, 2010 10:53AM

Amen notsure, remember Lanigan.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 03, 2010 11:02AM

Another case where the identity of the perp needs to be as protected as the identity of the accuser until convicted.

Posted by: JDouble09 ()
Date: August 03, 2010 12:36PM

eesh Wrote:
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What stores take Cruelty to Children?
>
>
>
> Toys R Us, Baby Gap.

Johnny you also
The Children Place

Posted by: Opa ()
Date: August 03, 2010 01:00PM

Some kids in this area need a good spanking!

Posted by: Opa ()
Date: August 03, 2010 01:05PM

Channel 9 reported that she teaches kids with autism. That's a fine line from restraining a kid with autism. Sometimes those kids just don't know what they are doing and need to be held back from doing something.

Posted by: Uglybitch ()
Date: August 03, 2010 02:24PM

I wonder how big her penis is?

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 03, 2010 05:21PM

The children were undocumented immigrants..so dont worry about it.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 03, 2010 08:54PM

Teachers in the U.S. are given no leeway at all. It's pretty absurd to be honest, especially given the lack of respect that kids have (Which is brought about through poor parenting).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: totuan ()
Date: August 04, 2010 12:19AM

This is exactly the same vague shit we hear when someone like a teacher is set up for "sexual assault" and they report something like " he touched her inappropriately". Just what the fuck does that mean? It could mean anything from he rammed his finger up her to he placed his hand on her shoulder but since the little bitch didn't like him she decides to ruin his life over it.
And there are plenty of people out there who will make sure that happens.
In this case the reports are worded in such a way that we are supposed to imagine that this woman did the most horrible things to these kids, but they can't tell us what it was. As someone else wrote, did she grab their hand and tell them in a stern manner to sit down or they would be punished? Or did she throw them across the room while screaming that they were retards and should be locked in a closet?
See, in cases like these we will never know. Because we are not meant to. To these people it is not important WHAT the person did, it is only that some whiny oversensitive clown FELT that it was awful and by damn that person going to jail. And having that person's entire life ruined is a small price to pay compared to the devastating effects it had on some jerks FEELINGS.
People are having their careers, reputations, and finances ruined on a regular basis solely on the word of one person who may or may not be blowing something way out of proportion as a result of their personal feelings or beliefs.
I don't know what this teacher did. But I do know this: I am sick and fucking tired of seeing yet another person being screwed in public by the joint efforts of the police and the press by portraying that person in the worst light they possibly can while omitting any mention of the person possibly being innocent; or even saying what the person actually did.
This is just another case of "when we want your opinion we'll tell you what it should be".
Although there are a lot of people who will think what they are told to think, there are a lot of others who do their thinking based on facts. Lacking this, it would be preferable if they just didn't say anything in the first place.
I think the accused would agree.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 04, 2010 02:57AM

I can recall a particular student at a middle school where some fam of mine teaches. This girl was extremely conniving, and she always made garbage up about people doing this or that to her. The scary part, is that she could be as convincing and sincere in her deceit as an Academy Award winning actress. Her male teachers were eventually given a heads up to not be in a room alone with her under any circumstances, because she was already hinting at accusing some staff of misconduct.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Sue Jones ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:15PM

First, I'd like to know who turned her in to Child Protective Services. The autistic children certainly didn't. Also, autistic preschool children take a lot of handling that certainly can be misunderstood by someone not used to a preschool autism class. As a teacher who has worked with these children I can think of many things that could be misconstrued and I really feel for this teacher. Autistic preschool children are in these classes to manage behaviors that are often extreme. It's not unusual for a teacher to get bitten, kicked, etc. Please don't try this teacher until more information is known. Again, I wonder who reported this teacher. That would be my first question.

Posted by: Scottyd ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:30PM

I agree 100% with Sue. Try driving a school bus and having a kid throw his shoes at you. Yes most SE buses have attendants to help watch the kids, but there are days that the attendant may be off, sick, or whatever, and the driver has to drive AND control the kids at the same time. More information needs to be known before we go making judgments.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:47PM

Well one thing is for certain; the BULLSHIT NEWS MEDIA has CONVICTED her already in the public eye by putting her pic and info out there before she ever had a chance to defend herself against the accusation @trial and before she ever was(if so) convicted.

Pretty retarded way of doing buisiness and a preemptive one that goes against the 7th US Constitutional amendment also.

Maybe to put an end to this, the American people should file a class action lawsuit against all news agencies that practice this violation of the American Constitution.

I mean take a look here, this lady's TEACHING CAREER is OVER. Guilty or NOT.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 04, 2010 05:09PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> Well one thing is for certain; the BULLSHIT NEWS
> MEDIA has CONVICTED her already in the public eye
> by putting her pic and info out there before she
> ever had a chance to defend herself against the
> accusation @trial and before she ever was(if so)
> convicted.

By "news media" you mean "the police."

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 04, 2010 06:14PM

Well the police don't own any TV stations that broadcast signals, and don't own any of the periodicals I see on news stands, so no, I meant the NEWS MEDIA.

Can't blame the blabermouth cops because court dockets are public info, easily viewed at the courthouse.

I think the News outlets use these types of stories to become more profitable and attract viewer/ readership. And that is wrong.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: parentinNoVa ()
Date: August 05, 2010 01:23AM

Apparently, a family member posted on another blog. Not spanking. Not hitting. The person who was sent to jail used the wrong kind of wipe, and the child got a rash on their skin.
This is why there is a teacher shortage in special education.

Posted by: SKJohn ()
Date: August 05, 2010 05:22AM

If what you say -- the teacher used the wrong kind of wipe and the children got a rash... is all this poor teacher did .... no wonder I have to have a million dollar personal umbrella coverage and belong to a teacher union where I pay $55 a month so I have legal representation and insurance if I get sued. I sure hope this poor woman belonged to a union.

You're right, this is why special education teachers quit. I'm a special education teacher and I love it but every once in a while I stop and think about how risky it is. There are so many things that can be misinterpreted and so many of our children's behaviors are not "usual" so the usual methods may not be correct. I don't mean we use violence but what do you do when a child is standing in your classroom throwing furniture, and you fear for the disabled child sitting on the carpet who is unable to walk and doesn't understand what is happening?

This poor woman -- the wrong wipe!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's an angel to teach in a preschool autism class in the first place where many of these children still need their diapers changed at the age of three and four. And now her career may be ruined because she grabbed the wrong wipes...... how crazy have we become?

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: August 05, 2010 06:10AM

Special ed kids are monsters and their parents are worse.

My sister taught special ed at Hayfield ES. A kid beat her so badly that she had bruises.

Her husband, a very successful attorney, wanted to go after the county and the kid. My sister was advised that to do so would jeopardize her career because the kid was also member of a perenially aggrieved community.

At the time of this incident my sister predicted that unless the child received some psychological help, he would kill someone.

He is now serving 20 years in federal custody for manslaughter.

Posted by: some compassion please ()
Date: August 05, 2010 09:53AM

I am all for putting cameras in classrooms. What do you say union?

Didn't think so. I guess you are terrified at what we might see.

If a person is not up to the task of dealing with kids with DISABILITIES, then, by all means, choose another profession.

I have to wonder why, during college, they didn't figure out it wasn't right for them. A friend of mine teaches kids with severe disabilities-many spend time in mental facilities because they are so troubled. Never once, have I heard her complain about it. She has been hit, kick, bit, you name it-even got a concussion once. She knows that these kids can't help themselves-many are highly medicated.

To GMU Hokie-

Your comments show what a scumbag of a person you are. You will get what you deserve, eventually. Karma sucks, huh?

Another staff member reported this teacher to the police who in turn referred it to social services. Lots of smart people have seen the evidence and have felt her actions were worthy of charges.

Stop protecting bad teachers.

Date: August 05, 2010 01:50PM

some compassion please Wrote:

You project a response and then criticize it. That's an example of intellectual dishonesty.
> I am all for putting cameras in classrooms. What
> do you say union?
>
> Didn't think so. I guess you are terrified at
> what we might see.

These monsters run wild. Ask anyone who has worked at the Davis Center. The kids are always putting their hands on the teachers and aides. What ever happened to personal space boundaries? The parents of these kids (we used to call them spazzes) refuse to believe that the kids don't act out.
> If a person is not up to the task of dealing with
> kids with DISABILITIES, then, by all means, choose
> another profession.

You make my point. You concede the inappropriate behavior.

> I have to wonder why, during college, they didn't
> figure out it wasn't right for them. A friend of
> mine teaches kids with severe disabilities-many
> spend time in mental facilities because they are
> so troubled. Never once, have I heard her
> complain about it. She has been hit, kick, bit,
> you name it-even got a concussion once. She knows
> that these kids can't help themselves-many are
> highly medicated.
>

I laughed at this last part. I tell the truth, no matter how inconvenient it might be for the special ed community. I am far from a scumbag, but your remarks suggest that you might have more experience in that area.
> To GMU Hokie-
>
> Your comments show what a scumbag of a person you
> are. You will get what you deserve, eventually.
> Karma sucks, huh?

Here we go again with accusations. Sean Lanigan was accused falsely and look what happened to him.

De facto FCPS policy: Who needs proof when an accusation will suffice? The scenario as recapitulated by you is unlikely. The cops don't need protective services to help them out.

What was the motivation of the teacher who reported the accused? Concern for the children or professional jealousy?

> Another staff member reported this teacher to the
> police who in turn referred it to social services.
> Lots of smart people have seen the evidence and
> have felt her actions were worthy of charges.
>

You don't know that the accused is a bad teacher. How about some evidence?

> Stop protecting bad teachers.

Date: August 05, 2010 01:56PM

Posted by: justanotherparentw/orosecoloredglasses ()
Date: August 05, 2010 05:40PM

To Some Compassion Please: You need to have a reality check here... do you know with budget cuts preschool autism classes have now been cut to just one teacher and one instructional assistant for up to 8 children ... do you know many of these children can be "runners" and/or children who won't walk without lots of prodding, they can be aggressive, take a lot of rewards to get anything done... teaching these classes is extremely exhausting... mentally and physically...

it's not a question of opening your eyes wide before you go into the profession... it's a question of being supported by your school and colleagues when you are in the profession... obviously you don't understand this... you should take "compassion" out of your name...

all of this "situation" if there even is one, should have been handled by the school... not by CPS and the police... outrageous,.. I know one school I, as a parent will steer my friends away from... obviously the administration doesn't keep tabs on their employees and there is no chain of command...

Poor teacher... I hope all goes well and she finds a school that can use her talents and that will SUPPORT her!

Posted by: parentwithoutrosecoloredglasses ()
Date: August 05, 2010 05:45PM

VERY WELL SAID GMU Hokie.... Thou dost protest too much Miss "Compassion"

Sounds like there was some back stabbing going on there and it got way out of hand!

Posted by: Genuinely Concerned ()
Date: October 26, 2011 12:59PM

Someone asked if she called them "retards." Actually, she called them "fucking retards." Excuse the language, quoting. Can you imagine your child coming home and using the new word they learned in school today. If you have an autistic child you don't have to worry about that but you can hear her yelling from the hallways. According to statements, she used the clorox wipe to purposely cause pain to the child and make them cry. She also left marks on another childs neck and the parents reported it to the police. They are trained in how to properly restrain an active child. This is not one of the ways. I guess you don't really care about the safety of a child until you have your own in that situation.

Posted by: Let the truth come out ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:18PM

These were pre-schoolers. She used a bleach wipe on a child's skin to inflict pain and held another child by his throat. I hope she is locked away for a longtime.

Posted by: watche ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:27PM

Let the truth come out Wrote:
> These were pre-schoolers. She used a bleach wipe
> on a child's skin to inflict pain and held another
> child by his throat. I hope she is locked away for
> a longtime.

Post te viedeo

Posted by: know the truth ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:37AM

The teacher was witnessed by her Instructional assistants and by her substitutes! She mistreated children several times because she was frustrated and angered by them. These particular children were not violent, most didn't talk. She had a favorite student she was rough and inappropriate (not sexually) with. This IS NOT how you teach/treat children with autism nor how you treat ANY child. More details needed? She shoved a child in a pitch black bathroom and closed the door because he was crying too much. One of the IA's let him out and she yelled and put him back in the bathroom.
I would NEVER want Jenna teaching my children nor any of my friend's children. She cannot be trusted. She flies off the handle. That is NOT what a good teacher does!
She needs to be held accountable for her stupid, horrible actions.

Posted by: you are idiots ()
Date: October 27, 2011 08:31AM

Opa- some adults need "a good spanking" or flogging in the public square or castration..you are the "townspeople" angry mob watching an execution, as long as it isn't you, the great part is that some day it will be you...

Posted by: Mr ()
Date: October 30, 2011 09:03AM

Charges were dropped. Move on.

Posted by: Disgusted ()
Date: March 06, 2012 02:45PM

Listen "know the truth"....you should probably learn the truth yourself before spewing the 'gossip' and incomplete crap you have heard from others. Unless you yourself were in the classroom, keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself. Remember, there are always 2 sides to a story and the side you were told is WRONG.

Posted by: RobotDean ()
Date: March 06, 2012 04:36PM

Initially Billeter was appealing to get her job back in the school system. But now she has not only withdrawn her appeal, she agreed to resign and turn in her teaching license so she can not teach anywhere else.

Regardless what happened in court, sounds like she is guilty.

Posted by: say ()
Date: March 06, 2012 07:19PM

RobotDean Wrote:
> Initially Billeter was appealing to get her job
> back in the school system. But now she has not
> only withdrawn her appeal, she agreed to resign
> and turn in her teaching license so she can not
> teach anywhere else.
>
> Regardless what happened in court, sounds like she
> is guilty.

Why would the girl "agree" to anything?

I haven't followed this case but if she was "appealing to get her job back", FCPS must have fired her.

If, as reported, the charges were dropped, then there is no need to try to make a deal.

Sometimes people agree to "resign" in order to protect benefits like pensions, but she's what, 33 years old? So that probably isn't it.

So, to recount. the job is already gone, she got a pass on the criminal charges---why in the fuck would she agree to turn in her teaching license?

Posted by: Disgusted ()
Date: March 06, 2012 08:52PM

Robotdean: how do you know such an agreement was reached???? Do you know about any of the circumstances surrounding said decision?

Posted by: this is interesting ()
Date: March 06, 2012 09:18PM

How society has changed over the years. I'm dating myself here, but I was at Woodburn Elementary from 1977 to 1982, and during that time there was a teacher who reportedly used capital punishment. I was never in his class, but according to cafeteria talk, he would whack out of line students over the knuckles with a ruler. Mr. Wilson was his name, and I recall him looking like a hybrid of James Taylor circa 1977 and Charlie Manson. Can anybody imagine now, in 2012, a 10 year old child coming home telling their parents a teacher "hit" them with a ruler? The accused teacher would be suspended, the story probably first line on the local news, etc. etc. Back then? Nothing.

Speaking of Woodburn back then, I could swear the P.E. teacher was a pedophile. I wont mention his name, but he was known to keep girls after class to help out with loading equipment into the store room. P.E. teacher by day, bartender at W.C. Fields and Friends(Grevey's) whatever, at night.

Shoot, the P.E. teacher before the above was as lax as lax could be. I was in 1st or 2nd grade and got into a fight with a kid in gym class. The psuedo tough guy got a whipping, it ended up me dragging him around the gym floor by his hair. I distinctly remember the guy siting in his chair, watching all this play out. My punishment? Cleaning up the gym floor. If I had a child now, who did the same thing, I'd be facing a multi-million dollar law suit from the parents.

Posted by: timothy Vincent Krupica. ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:22AM

his my bff

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: February 22, 2013 03:50PM

Since there were no treatable injuries, this teacher deserves the benefit of the doubt especially with special needs children. A little light smacking on the hands is totally appropriate, as long as the voiced objection to what the child is doing wrong, is mild and tempered with instruction encouraging proper behavior.

If teachers are punished in highly questionable cases like this, soon no one will take those jobs.

As far as her looking like an "angry bitch" goes, I'd say a mugshot of a woman appearing happy arrested on those charges would be of great concern.

Yea lets protect the children but be fair.

To the witness I would ask questions like- Did this child or these chidren scream hysterically when this alleged abuse occured?

If the answer is yes, then did anyone else hear it?

Is there any video evidence? How many times have you seen this happen?

It will become apparent if the witness is an over zealous tattletale or person who is telling unembellished truths.

I once witnessed a lady screaming at her toddler and smacking him pretty hard on the face. I walked up and slapped that bitch into next week and told her if I see that again God help her.

This was at my apartment complex 35yrs. ago. Some onlookers were cheering from their balconys. For weeks I worried the cops were going to come and arrest me.

If the witness saw real abuse by this teacher why didn't she smack the bitch?

Posted by: agag ()
Date: February 22, 2013 05:03PM

"a little light slapping on the hands is appropriate"- what kind of scary ass college did you go to? No, of course you can't do this kind of thing regardless of how hard you think it will be to fill the job.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.