HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Decent Sized UFO Sighting in Centreville June 18, 2010
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:18PM

When smoking a cigarette at 4:15 on June 18, I was looking up at the sky, taking in the sight. The sun was shining behind some maple trees, decreasing its luminosity to the point where I was no longer blinded if I looked at it. I could see bugs and pollen flying through the air, but I also saw something else as well. Two metallic white spheres caught the sun's light. One proceeded to move North East, and I watched it fly to the horizon. The other object, still catching the suns light, immediately vanished.

They were low enough to see the details, but high enough to be in the way of aircraft. When an aircraft flies at high altitude, it's hull, or centrifuge is most prominent compared to the rest of the craft. The tail and wings, although they may be hard to see, can still be roughly seen, be it their outline, contrails or shadows.

These objects were simply well defined, metallic, white / gray spheres. No details or anything. Just solid spheres. There was no sound, though they may have been too high for it to be audible. The one that was moving flew in a steady straight line.

They were nothing elaborate, but still, the sight of flying metallic spheres, that have no sign of propulsion, is completely mind boggling.

I have never seen anything like it. I have lived here all my life and am very familiar with flight patterns. I can name you pretty much any conventional aircraft and their variants, but this was by no means conventional.

I starting thinking: WEATHER BALLOONS! Then I realized that with all the incoming air traffic, that a weather balloon would pose too much of an obstacle.

NOW. I would have dismissed that first sighting as a fluke. I didn't know what to call what I saw. Weather balloon sounded good...

THEN the next day, at somewhere between 4-4:15 I went out for another cigarette, and looked up in the sky where I had seen the "things" the day before. I didn't think I would see anything, but I was wrong. This time I saw a black sphere flying under a cloud, traveling in the same direction. I watched it and followed it until it hit the blue sky, where it vanished. Again my mind was boggled.

I submitted the report to US' oldest UFO research group, MUFON, or the Mutual UFO Network. An "investigator," if you can call him that, informed me that on that day another party submitted a sighting report.

Dozens of white / gray metallic spheres were seen in Leesburg by a man, along with his wife and kids. An entire family saw something that day, though much more significant than my sighting.

The next week another individual posted a sighting report for the 18th.

----

AN ENTIRE FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL ALONG WITH MYSELF saw something on the 18th. The other individual saw their object an hour before me in Richmond. The family saw theirs and hour after me in Leesburg. All flying in roughly the same direction.

----

My research of UFO sightings in VA has shown me that at least in the last 30 years, there has never been that many sightings in one day, of similar objects.

Now I am not going to say it was aliens. It is all to easy to just say they were alien. After all, they were flying North East, in the direction of Aberdeen Proving Grounds and Phillips AAF. So they could be military for all I know.

I don't know what they were.

Keep your eyes to the sky though. You might see something pretty interesting.

BTW, did anyone see that meteor on the 24th? The one that lit up the sky?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Decent Sized UFO Sighting in Centreville June 18, 2010
Posted by: VA Phins Fan ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:21PM

Attachments:
lol_wut.jpg

Date: July 12, 2010 03:22PM

Intelligent picture...

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:23PM

Ummmm I may be wrong - but if there was something in the sky above Centerville, wouldn't the people in the tower at Dulles see/know about it. Wouldn't air traffic controllers see it on their radar or whatever they use? Are there not lots of planes landing that would pass right by it?

Date: July 12, 2010 03:25PM

You would think that. But we have some damn good stealth technology as it is. Let me clarify that these objects were not that big. They could been the size of a Cesna.

Date: July 12, 2010 03:28PM

Even if it did appear on radar, even birds appear on a radar. The F-117 Stealth Fighter's radar signature is about the size of a bird on radar. Also it's not like every unusual object seen on a radar becomes breaking news.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:06PM

If the object has a plasma field surrounding it, which would also account for the sightings of "Glowing objects" in the night sky, then it would be rendered invisible to radar.

As far as I know, a plasma field could be the by-product of an ionized hull, and an ionized craft could in fact be representative of "Anti-Gravity" propulsion technology.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:08PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the object has a plasma field surrounding it,
> which would also account for the sightings of
> "Glowing objects" in the night sky, then it would
> be rendered invisible to radar.
>
> As far as I know, a plasma field could be the
> by-product of an ionized hull, and an ionized
> craft could in fact be representative of
> "Anti-Gravity" propulsion technology.

LMAO Someone's been watching too much Syfy channel.

Date: July 12, 2010 07:11PM

Nobody could see it because it was a decent size. If it had been and indecent size, everyone would see it...

Flesh-Gordon--002.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:37PM

Sure it wasn't the reflection from the glow of your bowl?

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:50PM

Witness Wrote:
> it's hull, or
> centrifuge

Lol, try again mister researcher.

Posted by: inlights ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:55PM

Not UFO people. YOu read about the Centreville City being #30. It is spotter lights so people can find it. Like a movie opening. I bet that is all it is. Spotter lights for the weekend drive in movies.

Posted by: lakeques ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:57PM

They should add fishing to the lakes by the Centreville outdoor movies. That would be another great family outing thing. Or make an ice rink. Centreville needs to bring back mayor. The world spotlight is here. Not time to shine. Make more fun things to do here. I remember e-ons ago there was a Centreville Flower club that planted flowers by the Centreville post office and alto plaza. Before Alto was even a dream.

Date: July 12, 2010 09:27PM

inlights Wrote:
> Not UFO people. YOu read about the Centreville
> City being #30. It is spotter lights so people
> can find it. Like a movie opening. I bet that is
> all it is. Spotter lights for the weekend drive
> in movies.

Except this was during the day, buddy.

Date: July 12, 2010 09:29PM

Sci-Fi channel has the gayest shit on there.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: July 13, 2010 03:47AM

What you witnessed was directly from Uranus.

Posted by: f-off ()
Date: July 13, 2010 06:39AM

That's what happens when you stare at the sun

Date: July 13, 2010 12:04PM

The sun was behind tree branches, plus I wasn't staring directly at the sun.

Damn people its not like I am claiming these things were extraterrestrials. I saw what I saw and other saw them too. Nothing else can be said other than that they were moving, metallic, white / gray spheres. If anyone has a GOOD explanation as to what they were, please tell me. I'm open to anything.

I don't believe they were "aliens." There has to be an earthly explanation.

Date: July 13, 2010 12:13PM

Witness Wrote:
> AN ENTIRE FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL ALONG WITH MYSELF
> saw something on the 18th. The other individual
> saw their object an hour before me in Richmond.
> The family saw theirs and hour after me in
> Leesburg. All flying in roughly the same
> direction.

And yet no one, in a world where everyone's trip to the crapper is on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, got a pic or a video.

And you post it a month after the "event"... why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 12:15PM by pgens.

Date: July 13, 2010 12:20PM

pgens Wrote:
> Witness Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > AN ENTIRE FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL ALONG WITH
> MYSELF
> > saw something on the 18th. The other individual
> > saw their object an hour before me in Richmond.
> > The family saw theirs and hour after me in
> > Leesburg. All flying in roughly the same
> > direction.
>
> And yet no one, in a world where everyone's trip
> to the crapper is on Facebook, Twitter and
> YouTube, got a pic or a video.

Well you have to understand that taking a picture or a video with regular camera or video camera will always come out shitty. Nothing at that height or distance is going to show up perfectly. Even an airplane will not develop properly. You would have to be a professional photographer to capture something that faint, high, and far away, with any clarity.

That being said, the other individual in Richmond DID get photos of their "sphere."

What is it with you people? Someone tells someone they saw something unexplainable in the sky, and that person automatically assumes that person thinks they saw alien spacecraft, because the person that was told automatically thinks that if something is in the sky that can't be explained it would have to be aliens, and if they don't believe in aliens, they automatically scoff at that person, even if the witness doesn't even believe in aliens.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:20PM

How can we be sure they weren't aliens? And if they were aliens how can we be sure whether they're friendly or not

001_space_invaders.jpg

oh shit...

Posted by: Dr. Koop ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:22PM

Hmmmm, each time you smoked a cigarette you saw these things. What kind of "cigarette" were you smoking?

Date: July 13, 2010 12:30PM

pgens Wrote:
> Witness Wrote:
> -----
> > AN ENTIRE FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL ALONG WITH
> MYSELF
> > saw something on the 18th. The other individual
> > saw their object an hour before me in Richmond.
> > The family saw theirs and hour after me in
> > Leesburg. All flying in roughly the same
> > direction.
>
> And yet no one, in a world where everyone's trip
> to the crapper is on Facebook, Twitter and
> YouTube, got a pic or a video.
>
> And you post it a month after the "event"... why?

HA well right now I think it was a mistake to post on here about this regardless of when.

I didn't immediately post this on here for a few reasons.

1. I don't come here often. This site is not always on my mind.

2. Most of the people on here are just a bunch of jokers with nothing to do, most likely under 16 years old.

3. I needed time to analyze and research what I saw.

I did eventually post this on here because I felt like sharing, even though I knew I would be ridiculed. I thought other people might have seen something, or that someone had some knowledge as to what these were. I thought there would be some open minded people who could give me a good explanation WITHOUT saying it was freaking aliens. Guess not.

It's funny. I don't believe we will ever contact aliens, or vice versa. Yet I saw something that by definition is a Unidentified Flying Object. They were objects, I couldn't identify them, and they were flying.

Is it so hard to fathom that there is an explanation that isn't extraterrestrial?

Date: July 13, 2010 12:32PM

Dr. Koop Wrote:
> Hmmmm, each time you smoked a cigarette you saw
> these things. What kind of "cigarette" were you
> smoking?

Well if you are douchebag you might call a joint a "marijuana cigarette." I don't use the word cigarette for anything other than tobacco, which at the time were Newport Mediums.

Posted by: race relations ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:34PM

Witness Wrote:
> What is it with you people?

Look, I believe you if you say you saw something odd. But please don't turn this into a race issue, there is no reason for that at all.

Date: July 13, 2010 12:36PM

Witness Wrote:
> I did eventually post this on here because I felt
> like sharing, even though I knew I would be
> ridiculed.

Can't you see that it is hard to buy such a story when 1) the story itself is so unusual, and 2) the story teller doesn't know the difference between a fuselage and a centrifuge? I mean no offense, but you have to realize these stories meet skepticism even without things like #2.

Posted by: Civil Air Patrolman ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:47PM

This sighting was also seen by two F-18 pilots who were in the area. Leesburg scrambled the jets after the item appeared on radar and there was no radio contact.

The object apperantly went s-sw and then headed east at high rate of speed. The F-18's could not pursue the object because of the high rate of speed.

Maybe some type of Russian spy device probing in an effort to put pressure on releasing all the Russian spies.

Date: July 13, 2010 12:55PM

pgens Wrote:
> Witness Wrote:
> -----
> > I did eventually post this on here because I
> felt
> > like sharing, even though I knew I would be
> > ridiculed.
>
> Can't you see that it is hard to buy such a story
> when 1) the story itself is so unusual, and 2) the
> story teller doesn't know the difference between a
> fuselage and a centrifuge? I mean no offense, but
> you have to realize these stories meet skepticism
> even without things like #2.

I agree it is VERY unusual. And yes I admit I made the mistake of saying centrifuge instead of fuselage. I should have known better, but it is only one word. I didn't believe what I saw for weeks after. I mean it sounds bat shit crazy. I never thought I would see something that could be called a UFO. I never imagined that a sighting would be so, well, bland. The objects were very simple looking and actually seeing a "UFO" was a lot less exciting than I thought it would be. Very Unusual. And again, I have slapped myself in the face for using "centrifuge."

Posted by: messed up story ()

right around the same time in june my buddy came home one night and was scared shitless. when we finally got him to tell us what was wrong, he said that he was walking in Centreville near Walney road, when he saw a gray sphere hovering above the woods. he said it had small lights around the edge and moved very slowly in a circle about 100 feet above the ground. he got scared and all of a sudden he could feel the thing lifting him up off the ground so he ran as fast as he could. he said it shone these bright yellow lights and then shot off into the air. it sounds exactly like that thing you saw. my friend was shittin his pants.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()

Civil Air Patrolman Wrote: a bunch of crap, but that's not what's important.

What wing/squadron are you with CAP-man?

Date: July 13, 2010 12:56PM

Civil Air Patrolman Wrote:
> This sighting was also seen by two F-18 pilots who
> were in the area. Leesburg scrambled the jets
> after the item appeared on radar and there was no
> radio contact.
>
> The object apperantly went s-sw and then headed
> east at high rate of speed. The F-18's could not
> pursue the object because of the high rate of
> speed.
>
> Maybe some type of Russian spy device probing in
> an effort to put pressure on releasing all the
> Russian spies.

This was June 18. I don't think the Russian Spy story was an issue at this point.

Where can I get a report of this incident?

Date: July 13, 2010 01:00PM

http://www.leesburgcap.net/

I also have done a couple recon, search and recover missions from the Manassas airport\wing.

Date: July 13, 2010 01:08PM

Witness Wrote:
> And again, I have slapped myself in the
> face for using "centrifuge."

Haha, don't worry about it guy! I'd be hopped up out of my wits if I had seen something strange like that too.

A friend of mine twenty years ago was driving through Nevada desert when he got flow over by triangular-shaped UFOs. A decade later when newer-generation stealths were pictured he said that was it. What you saw may be an old-news, newer-tech vehicle or drone in a few years.

Date: July 13, 2010 01:14PM

That is very true. But why would they test something in broad daylight, over a pipeline that has a very good range of sight? It's just baffling to me.

Date: July 13, 2010 01:19PM

One test may be to see how noticeable it is to a civilian population it is observing.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:20PM

Whitness wrote: >I don't believe they were "aliens." There has to be an earthly explanation.

See, your common sense serves you well. (and I don't think it's the Russians or the Taliban either)

:)

Also the OP story sounds TRUE, as far as I can tell.

Here is an example of a BULLSHIT STORY:

Posted by: messed up story ()

right around the same time in june my buddy came home one night and was scared shitless. when we finally got him to tell us what was wrong, he said that he was walking in Centreville near Walney road, when he saw a gray sphere hovering above the woods. he said it had small lights around the edge and moved very slowly in a circle about 100 feet above the ground. he got scared and all of a sudden he could feel the thing lifting him up off the ground so he ran as fast as he could. he said it shone these bright yellow lights and then shot off into the air. it sounds exactly like that thing you saw. my friend was shittin his pants.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:34PM

Attachments:
take_me_to_your_dealer.jpg

Posted by: Is it true? ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:36PM

420_alien.gif

Is it true that aliens listen to hard house and techno?

Just asking

edit by Cary: 1 pixel YouTube autoplay embed removed. User has multiple violations, banned.

edit by Cary #2: Several posts by this banned user have been removed from the thread. Other posts by the same banned user under the names "R.I.P.", "Baby Bob" and "HOLY SHIT WATCH THIS" will remain since they inspired responses.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 09:00PM by Cary.

Date: July 13, 2010 01:47PM

Is it true? Wrote:
> >
> Is it true that aliens listen to hard house and
> techno?
>
> Just asking

Always aliens with you people...

Date: July 13, 2010 01:50PM

Don't know about the house music and techno -but there is a vital nutrient in Hemp ash that is a key element to the Aliens survival, reproductive health and mental wellbeing.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 13, 2010 03:04PM

Obviously the craft was terrestrial.

If they were true aliens they would of anal probed him and erased his memory. He would not be able to recall details.

Posted by: HOLY SHIT WATCH THIS ()
Date: July 13, 2010 03:30PM

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 13, 2010 03:50PM

HOLY SHIT WATCH THIS Wrote:
>

The UFO set his shirt on fire and made the man nauseous for weeks!!

I really loved that Unsolved Mysteries show.

Date: July 13, 2010 04:08PM

You forgot to mention that the UFO gave him unexplained polka-dot chemical burns on his tummy!!!

Posted by: Baby Bob ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:12PM

diaperdisco.gif

Date: July 13, 2010 04:32PM

I can understand the alien pictures, but that is just unnecessary.

Posted by: R.I.P. ()
Date: July 13, 2010 08:40PM

6cdd60ea0045eb7L.jpg

R.I.P.

Date: July 13, 2010 08:49PM

You can find the news release of the F-18's responding here- http://www.norad.mil/News/index.html

This event was entered into the log book at Dulles too.

Date: July 13, 2010 09:42PM

I don't see it. There isn't anything for the 18th.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: July 14, 2010 02:30AM

Some people mistake UFO's with NASA related objects.

100514-f-0000c-503.jpgfile2__PICT0081-350.jpg

Did the object look something like this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 02:31AM by Firrat.

Date: July 14, 2010 02:42AM

Something like this?

Date: July 14, 2010 02:46AM

This video is for Eesh since he only believes a news organization.

Date: July 14, 2010 03:04AM

Google map 30°30'38.22"S 115°22'55.49"E kinda cool.

Date: July 14, 2010 03:13AM

After UFO Disclosure by UK, Denmark, Sweden, Uruguay, Russia, and New Zealand government publishing its own x-files in public domain in next few weeks. And CIA disclosure document revealing that DIA Remote Viewers 'saw' Extraterrestrial on Saturn moon Titan.

Now the Italian EU MP Mario Borghezio on 14 June 2010, had tabled a written statement. In it he calls on member of states to disclosure the documents relating to UFOs.

According to document :

1. Considers it essential to set up a scientific center for the analysis and dissemination of the scientific data gathered to date by various European bodies and governments;

2. Calls for public archives on UFOs to be opened up and for records to be declassified by the Member States, thus providing the public and the mass media with access to the full range of documentation on the subject;

3. Instructs its President to forward this declaration, together with the names of the signatories, to the Council, the Commission and the governments of the Member States.

So far 17 EU members have signed the statement. Disclosure request document had received the signatures of the majority of the EU Parliament.

The written statement P7_DCL (2010) 0057 also indicates that the UFOs are a major safety problem and further states that in the 33rd United Nations General Assembly in 1978 it was formally recognized as well.

According to UFO disclosure request document UFO sighting data collected by the Member States could "important scientific and technological impact" entail.

Therefore urge the signatories not just "the opening of state archives on UFOs and the lifting of secrecy", but also propose the establishment of a scientific UFO observatory.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/activities/plenary/writtenDecl/wdFastOngoing.do;jsessionid=60A855F59739EC218A44C6FD2C700901.node2?language=PL

EU Parliament UFO Disclosure Request Document 2010

Date: July 14, 2010 08:26AM

Witness Wrote:
> I don't see it. There isn't anything for the 18th.

It looks like they took the notice down. There was an entry for the 18th-19th describing the two F-18's that responded and a blurb about a blackhawk helicopter from Quantico, Va.

Date: July 14, 2010 10:12AM

Civil Air Patrolman Wrote:
> Witness Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't see it. There isn't anything for the
> 18th.
>
> It looks like they took the notice down. There
> was an entry for the 18th-19th describing the two
> F-18's that responded and a blurb about a
> blackhawk helicopter from Quantico, Va.

The men in black have done their jobs...lol

Surprised it was even posted up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 10:13AM by Firrat.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 14, 2010 10:15AM

Firrat, are there UFOs in World of Warcraft?

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: July 14, 2010 11:56AM

eesh Wrote:
> Firrat, are there UFOs in World of Warcraft?

There are IFOs.

Date: July 14, 2010 12:21PM

I've created a monster thread...

Date: July 14, 2010 01:20PM

FOX 5 and the local news never covered the event. I'm surprised with all the official logs recording the event.

Date: July 14, 2010 01:32PM

Well if they are really there, then send a link, boy.

Date: July 14, 2010 08:09PM

No respect, no respect.

Date: July 16, 2010 12:10PM

Just for the records, I do NOT think the earthquake this morning was caused by aliens.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 16, 2010 03:20PM

crazy shit happens.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ssentiW ()
Date: May 23, 2011 09:49PM

I have since found more witnesses.

Posted by: Sawyer ()
Date: May 25, 2011 02:34PM

You should check out Lockes thread dood.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: May 25, 2011 03:55PM

Attachments:
nerds!.jpg

Posted by: Roc ()
Date: May 25, 2011 04:06PM

This is a silly topic with absolutely no foundation in science. Northern Virginia has a great deal of air traffic traversing its airspace, and seeing lights in the sky and making idle speculation on fanciful ideas (such as alien visitations) warrants a need for professional help. If you do the math, statistically speaking, there are good odds that there is life in this universe. However, I do not believe what you say is true. After all if this object is landing frequently to a place you know of, then where are the photographs? Where is the evidence? Why didn't you call the local authorities? Wouldn't a normal person be concerned that alien beings were landing on United State's territory?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 25, 2011 04:51PM

@Roc - apparently, they only care if the aliens are Hispanic

LoLz

Date: May 25, 2011 05:01PM

Roc Wrote:
> This is a silly topic with absolutely no
> foundation in science. Northern Virginia has a
> great deal of air traffic traversing its airspace,
> and seeing lights in the sky and making idle
> speculation on fanciful ideas (such as alien
> visitations) warrants a need for professional
> help. If you do the math, statistically speaking,
> there are good odds that there is life in this
> universe. However, I do not believe what you say
> is true. After all if this object is landing
> frequently to a place you know of, then where are
> the photographs? Where is the evidence? Why didn't
> you call the local authorities? Wouldn't a normal
> person be concerned that alien beings were landing
> on United State's territory?

Well for starters, they were not lights in the sky. The objects reflected the light, and one moved North East low enough for me to clearly see it was a metallic grayish white sphere, and only a sphere. It was by no means high altitude. Even at high altitudes, you can tell that a plane is a plane. It had no engines, no tail that would warrant me thinking it was a balloon, nothing.

Also, I don't really believe it aliens you fuck. I never mentioned aliens. UFO means exactly; something that cannot be identified. It could have easily been a test aircraft considering our area has the highest number of government contractors in the nation.

So STFU with alien shit. I'm tired of people always associating aliens with UFOs. We don't even know if travel to other planets is possible.

Date: May 25, 2011 05:04PM

Also if you would get off your lazy, acne infested ass, and actually search the MUFON website, you would find that I was NOT THE ONLY PERSON TO SEE THESE.

Date: May 25, 2011 05:12PM

Witness,

That is exactly the kind of response I was expecting to here. When it comes to the Who, What, When, Why, How, and Where you are suddenly a victim of an "Information Deficit". Then you add in your defense, that you have sightings from other persons on the MUFON website you use, but then you don't back their sightings up. Yet you feel the need to use their sightings to support your "Evidence" when you don't support them. Wishy Washy is an apt description (at best) your so-called sightings. Which by the way, you've failed to provide any pictures or any real evidence for us to examine. This is the 21st century, and you couldn't afford a digital or inexpensive camera to get a picture of this "Story of the Century". Are you really that lazy?

Note: We do know that travel is possible between worlds. After all there have been dozens of probes that have been sent around our solar system alone that have identified thousands of planet-sized objects. Sir, if you're going to critique us on this forum, please educate yourself, say beyond the 3rd grade level about the world you live in.

Date: May 25, 2011 05:21PM

Roc Wrote:
> Witness,
>
> That is exactly the kind of response I was
> expecting to here. When it comes to the Who, What,
> When, Why, How, and Where you are suddenly a
> victim of an "Information Deficit". Then you add
> in your defense, that you have sightings from
> other persons on the MUFON website you use, but
> then you don't back their sightings up. Yet you
> feel the need to use their sightings to support
> your "Evidence" when you don't support them. Wishy
> Washy is an apt description (at best) your
> so-called sightings. Which by the way, you've
> failed to provide any pictures or any real
> evidence for us to examine. This is the 21st
> century, and you couldn't afford a digital or
> inexpensive camera to get a picture of this "Story
> of the Century". Are you really that lazy?
>
> Note: We do know that travel is possible between
> worlds. After all there have been dozens of probes
> that have been sent around our solar system alone
> that have identified thousands of planet-sized
> objects. Sir, if you're going to critique us on
> this forum, please educate yourself, say beyond
> the 3rd grade level about the world you live in.

Mr.Roc,

I don't speak for other people because I believe people can make their own choices and speak for themselves. If they want to talk, then they will. I'm not going to call up someone I don't know on a personal basis just to tell them to support their UFO sighting on an internet forum.

I am well aware of probes traveling to our nearest planets, but at the moment, a human has never set foot on another planet. Do you know how much radiation even the astronauts in the ISS recieve? Imagine that radiation being a thousand times stronger when you leave the solar system. Once you cross that bridge, how are you going to eat and drink and stay fit so your muscle don't suffer atrophy? You would need a very large craft, or a very fast craft. If you had a very fast craft, say one that could fly at the speed of light, it would still take generations to reach our nearest star, which does not even have planets in its orbit.

So I stand by what I said. For the time being until we travel faster than light, then traveling to another planet outside the solar system is impossible, and according to what we know, light speed is the speed limit of the universe.

Even a 3rd grader knows this thee days.

Date: May 25, 2011 05:25PM

Also, this"Information Deficit."

I didn't know there was an actual scientific term. Thank you for expanding my mind!

But seriously, if you had actually taken initiative to research what I have talked about, and you seem to have the initiative to at least insult me, then you would find their reports, and you would know that each report is in one database, and that they are found through a search page. They do not have their own individual links.

Cheers.

Date: May 25, 2011 05:51PM

Witness,

Again, where is your evidence for your sighting? Where are the pictures? Where are the reports to the local authorities? The answer is there are none. Why? That's the answer we want to know.

As for space exploration, you are mistaken about radiation (woefully so). The radiation that is encountered in space is a different variety than what is found in Space (Cosmic rays).

To learn more about actual scientific facts on radation you can go to these links...

Radiation effects on equipment / objects
http://radhome.gsfc.nasa.gov/

and
Radiation Effects on Humans
http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact-sheets/bio-effects-radiation.html

These sites are on the NASA and NRC websites respectfully and has "Real Facts" backed by real science, not the nonsense you regurtitate from less reputable sites on the internet.

Posted by: Funny_Guy ()
Date: May 25, 2011 05:52PM

Hey Roc's got a point. If you keep seeing these UFO's then where are the pictures? All I've seen is talk and how you Witness get mad at anybody who challenges you with common sense. WTF???

Date: May 25, 2011 06:10PM

An interesting addition to this story. I recently was present at Dulles Airport for a special function. While at the airport someone there saw one of the planes (a 747 I believe) from the side because it was turning to change direction in the sky. The person that was also there at that function (not with me), honestly believed that she had seen a "UFO" because she had never seen a plane from the side view before. Totally preposterous, and the reason why I never take anyone's "Eyewitness" account seriously anymore.

The other thing that concerns me is this: With so many people with cameras built into their cell phones, how is it that no one takes the time to take pictures? Granted the quality might not be the best and of course pictures can be faked, but where is the effort? If you are seeing strange objects in the sky, most logically minded people would make an effort to record or report such object. You should know that since the 9/11 attacks, the local authorities (county, state, and federal) all are interested in any unidentified flying objects in the sky. Especially if these objects are being being seen over Northern VA near the DC area.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 25, 2011 06:24PM

look at the stars...........look how they shine for you!!

LoLz

Posted by: Locke ()
Date: May 25, 2011 07:23PM

Roc Wrote:
> Witness,
>
> Again, where is your evidence for your
> sighting? Where are the pictures? Where are the
> reports to the local authorities? The answer is
> there are none. Why? That's the answer we want to
> know.
>
> As for space exploration, you are mistaken about
> radiation (woefully so). The radiation that is
> encountered in space is a different variety than
> what is found in Space (Cosmic rays).
>
> To learn more about actual scientific facts on
> radation you can go to these links...
>
> Radiation effects on equipment / objects
> http://radhome.gsfc.nasa.gov/
>
> and
> Radiation Effects on Humans
> http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact
> -sheets/bio-effects-radiation.html
>
> These sites are on the NASA and NRC websites
> respectfully and has "Real Facts" backed by real
> science, not the nonsense you regurtitate from
> less reputable sites on the internet.

Roc,

I'm gonna be leaving this thread soon, and gather you be celebrating along with the rest of my fans. I have one last thing to say and I am going to try to be civil about it.

Sometimes things happen unexpectedly, like this event. I was not prepared to see something like this in the sky, so I didn't have a camera or video tape ready, and I certainly didn't expect to see something again. I have in fact never seen anything like those since.

I realize extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and I regret to inform you that I have no evidence other than my word, which I am sure is meaningless to you and anybody reading this. I would say the cliche "I know what I saw," but I don't. It wasn't an airplane on its side. It wasn't lights. It was the afternoon and I clearly saw something that can only be described as a flying sphere. I know it sounds preposterous to you and to everyone here, but that is what happened, and that is all I have to say.

I also find it very upsetting that a person who says they once saw something flying in the sky with their own two eyes that could not be identified in terms of conventional aircraft is called a loon, a kook, and a madman, yet someone who prays and talks to something invisible to eyes on a daily basis that they think talks back or interferes with their life, through grace or miracles, is considered a good, sane, and possibly saintly person.

I have no reason to say it was aliens. I can't even speculate on what it was because it was so vague. I have no information that would lead me one way or another.

Take it or leave it, I'm done.

I hope you all have a great night.

- Locke

Posted by: Locke ()
Date: May 25, 2011 07:26PM

One last thing. I am both "witness" and "locke." This thread is about my sighting, and the other is about a different one unrelated to myself.

Posted by: Funny_Guy ()
Date: May 25, 2011 09:55PM

Locke get back to that crackpipe and before long you'll be seeing more UFO's than you can handle. lol

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.