HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
MIKE O'MEARA RETURNS TO THE AIRWAVES
Posted by: you filthy filthy lich ()
Date: July 02, 2010 06:35PM

Congrats every1.

7/2 - Updated. First on DCRTV! DCRTV hears that Washington radio veteran Mike O'Meara (right) will be joining Citadel classic rocker 105.9 The Edge, WVRX, for mornings. He'll be partnered with another local radio veteran, Kirk McEwen, who currently does afternoons at the station. The show will debut on July 7 and run from 5 AM to 9 AM daily. "For the first time in my career, my favorite music will be on the same station with my favorite personality, me," said O'Meara in a Citadel announcement, released late Friday afternoon. Joining McEwen and O'Meara is DC and Baltimore veteran radio producer Jeff Shamrock. It'll be called "The Kirk McEwen And Mike O'Meara Morning Show." Says Kenny King, operations manager of 105.9: "Kirk and Mike are two extremely popular radio personalities that each have an incredible DC and Baltimore fan base, and it's so exciting to be able to put them together on the Edge." O'Meara had been heard on CBS's WJFK until last summer, when the station flipped from guy talk to sports talk. In December 2009, O'Meara launched an internet-based podcast. At the time, DCRTV reported that he was in-line for the morning slot at 105.9, but the station's owner, Citadel, was entering several months of Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and was not hiring. We're hearing that O'Meara's longtime radio partners, Buzz Burbank and Robb Spewak, will not be regulars on the new 105.9 morning show. However, we hear that O'Meara will continue his podcast with Buzz and Robb. A source close to O'Meara tells DCRTV: "The (105.9) morning show will not affect or interfere with the podcast, KCJJ Iowa, or any of our future affiliates. This is a wonderful opportunity for all involved and we look forward to it." For many years, McEwen did the "Kirk And Mark" morning show at Baltimore rocker 98 Rock, and later at talker 105.7 in Charm City. He once worked at DC rocker DC101. Citadel launched 105.9 The Edge in August 2009.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MIKE O'MEARA RETURNS TO THE AIRWAVES
Posted by: haha ()
Date: July 02, 2010 06:47PM

Mike gets to stay in DC, while Don has to move out to Sacramento, California's armpit. Hot, smoggy, boring. Housing's cheap, but there's a damn good reason for that.

Mike - 1

Don - 0

Posted by: Mikes Numbers ()
Date: July 02, 2010 07:45PM

"two extremely popular radio personalities that each have an incredible DC and Baltimore fan base"

Mike only has 1,000 active listeners to his podcast. That is an incredible fan base?

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: July 02, 2010 07:53PM

Mikes Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "two extremely popular radio personalities that
> each have an incredible DC and Baltimore fan
> base"
>
> Mike only has 1,000 active listeners to his
> podcast. That is an incredible fan base?

No one watches Larry King either but everyone knows who he is,,,,,

",,,so proud"

Date: July 02, 2010 09:32PM

So he doesn't get top billing and he essentially throws Robb and Buzz under the bus. As for Mike working in DC and Don in Sac town, I am sure Mike would love Don's contract. The truth is, Citadel is probably paying Mike $80k. Mike wouldn't take it in December, but he sure the hell will take it now. Odds are the offer had been on the table, but Mike was waiting for Don to bail him out. We all know how that turned out.

I guess Congrats to Mike. Robb, I warned you this would happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: WTL is right ()
Date: July 02, 2010 10:03PM

Geronimo has a four year no cut contract with CBS. O'Meara is back to being 2nd
bill. And how about all that BULLshit about
WE ARE A TEAM!
I'M WITH THESE GUYS!
He threw them UNDER THE bus. How long do you think lazy Mike will actually be a sidekick then drive home to do a fake radio show?
105.9 is a piece of shit. Hope Mike likes playing MUCH MORE MUSIC IN THE MORNING, cause they will be playing tunes.

Date: July 02, 2010 10:15PM

WTL is right Wrote:
> Geronimo has a four year no cut contract with CBS.
> O'Meara is back to being 2nd
> bill. And how about all that BULLshit about
> WE ARE A TEAM!
> I'M WITH THESE GUYS!
> He threw them UNDER THE bus. How long do you think
> lazy Mike will actually be a sidekick then drive
> home to do a fake radio show?
> 105.9 is a piece of shit. Hope Mike likes playing
> MUCH MORE MUSIC IN THE MORNING, cause they will be
> playing tunes.

Yep. All this shit about "I've fallen in love with podcasting" and "I can't see myself working for those idiots in radio." Now, not only is he doing that, he's the wacky voice guy for some crappy morning zoo format.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: July 02, 2010 10:36PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
Odds are the offer had been on the table, but
> Mike was waiting for Don to bail him out. We all
> know how that turned out.

Exactly.

Posted by: Jesterr ()
Date: July 02, 2010 10:54PM

How much does it cost to hire a fat guy who does a radio podcast show on internet from his basement? $40,000?

Date: July 02, 2010 10:55PM

Jesterr Wrote:
> How much does it cost to hire a fat guy who does a
> radio podcast show on internet from his basement?
> $40,000?

That would be what you would pay Rob(b). Truly, though, I have a hard time believing Mike is making six figures.

Posted by: O'Meara Shits On Others ()
Date: July 02, 2010 11:11PM

No top billing for Mike on Kirk McCuen and Mike O'Meara Show with producer Shamrock?

HOWS THAT KNIFE INTHE BACK FEEL, ROBB AND BUZZ?

Date: July 02, 2010 11:14PM

O'Meara Shits On Others Wrote:
> No top billing for Mike on Kirk McCuen and Mike
> O'Meara Show with producer Shamrock?
>
> HOWS THAT KNIFE INTHE BACK FEEL, ROBB AND BUZZ?

Rob(b) can't get Internet in the homeless shelter.

Posted by: sheri liquor ()
Date: July 03, 2010 08:17AM

Like the others say o'meara shit on his "friends" He loved doing the podcast so much he took a morning radio gig at a bankrupt company
he be lazy and now working mornings podcast won't last much longer

Date: July 03, 2010 09:23AM

I love how Mike would bash Oscar for letting his paying gig interfere with the podcast. I love how Mike claimed he was in love with podcasting and how it was profitable. I love how Mike claimed that the four of them were in this together. I love the reaction of Mike's few remaining Facebook friends when they realized it was all a bunch of BS!

Posted by: WONDERING one ()
Date: July 03, 2010 11:04AM

"I can't see myself working for those idiots in radio."

A discussion on another thread was making yourself valuable so you don't lose a job. Now this is ironic. I have never listened to Mc Ewen or 105.9 but life doesn't seem fair. Not only is O'Meara questionable "talent" but Mike has totally bashed his industry for the past year, and look who's got a job.

I was thinking the podcast was limited in time, mainly because they would at a minimum, need health insurance (for their families) and Cobra would only be good until January 2011, since they went off air in July 2009.

Well, Mike is set for awhile, and Rob(b) should have listened.

So what is this station? Already seems like an ego problem by the name of the show. Not even something friendly like Kirk and Mike but full names. Two Irish DJ'S with a producer named Shamrock......think they could have generated something clever "name wise".

Posted by: It was good for while... ()
Date: July 03, 2010 06:07PM

Well, 105.9 was good for a while and then this happened...

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 03, 2010 06:31PM

Correct. Good thing I have already made the switch to 102.7 Jack FM! because they don't pay talking heads(like Mike'O) to blabber thier fat pieholes, they just play GOOD MUSIC with little commercial interuption.

Now that Mike has been hired by the nice folks @105.9 "the edge" I will be taking thier station OFF my radio presets immediately... I'm serious.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Date: July 03, 2010 10:00PM

All of us understand what's going on here. Mike could barely make it into the D&M show at 2:30pm most days without a hangover (literally, toward the end he would show up at 3pm, so I understand why Don was so pissed when he hung it up). So it's obvious to the rest of us the Mike will have a hard time handling getting up at 3:30 am to make his gig in DC at 5am, much less continue with this ridiculous podcast charade.

That said, it's time to figure out jobs that Rob(b) is qualified for. Here are a couple of suggestions...

knkta4-073009bowlingalley2.jpgfast-food-manager-300raw112309.jpgPWO3208.jpgwheeloffortuen.jpg

Posted by: WONDERING one ()
Date: July 03, 2010 10:53PM

> That said, it's time to figure out jobs that
> Rob(b) is qualified for. Here are a couple of
> suggestions...

Do they still use pinsetters anywhere?

Posted by: JoeLong ()
Date: July 04, 2010 09:02AM

Robb Spewak

I feel sorry for anyone that has to work with that fat annoying fuck Rob Spewak. I bet that bitch couldn't shut his mouth for 5 minutes.

Posted by: dregs? ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:05AM

Im pissed don went out west - he was the talent. Can we hear him or are we just stuck with the dregs? I mean even Jack Diamond is better than mom et al...

Posted by: Eddie Mertz ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:11AM

Don can be heard every day at www.khtk.com 3-7pm local time
Also daily free podcasts
Don brings major funny
Listen to Friday's show

Posted by: Realism ()
Date: July 04, 2010 12:21PM

And right on cue, here comes the parade of bitter little girls who claim that Mike's useless for holding an audience's attention, yet clearly hang on his every word, every day of their lives. It's sad. If any radio station on Earth came to you with whatever money they offered him saying, "You're entertaining, please take this cash and talk into this mic," you'd cum in your pants. If you were a tenth as industry savvy as you fancy yourselves, you'd be relevant in the field and wouldn't care enough to waste your time ranting at this tiny circle jerk of a message board. May you all reign gloriously in safe, anonymous oblivion. Thanks for letting me know where and when I can tune in for the new show.

Posted by: Hi, Mike! ()
Date: July 04, 2010 01:36PM

Shouldn't U be doing some sort of show prep?

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 04, 2010 02:02PM

Realism Wrote:
> And right on cue, here comes the parade of bitter
> little girls who claim that Mike's useless for
> holding an audience's attention, yet clearly hang
> on his every word, every day of their lives. It's
> sad. If any radio station on Earth came to you
> with whatever money they offered him saying,
> "You're entertaining, please take this cash and
> talk into this mic," you'd cum in your pants. If
> you were a tenth as industry savvy as you fancy
> yourselves, you'd be relevant in the field and
> wouldn't care enough to waste your time ranting at
> this tiny circle jerk of a message board. May you
> all reign gloriously in safe, anonymous oblivion.
> Thanks for letting me know where and when I can
> tune in for the new show.

Hope the Fat Fuck enjoys his new AM Zoo gig and his even fatter pay cut. Mike at least doesn't have to worry about running another radio station into the ground being that it's already bankrupt.

And if anyone wants to listen to a "real radio" show tune in 9am to 2pm Eastern to the Don Geronimo Show on http://khtk.cbslocal.com/ Lick that loser and Fuck MOM 1000 times over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 02:03PM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Don Kicks Mikes Ass ()
Date: July 04, 2010 02:35PM

I think Mike should turn over custody of his kids to Don. Not only is Don wealthier and more succesful, but I don't trust Mike and his possible molestation of his own children. His wife is only a couple years older than his kids and that makes me fear for their safety.

Do the right thing Mike and let Don raise your kids.

Date: July 04, 2010 05:11PM

Obviously working as a wacky voice guy in a morning zoo format didn't appeal to Mike six months ago. To act like it nirvana now is just being dishonest.

Posted by: O'Mearas Resturant ()
Date: July 05, 2010 08:50AM

Mike's dishonesty is trumped by his love of any attention. 105.9? What a shit hole. He's a good shitty pick to be a sidekick again.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 05, 2010 09:24AM

> I love how Mike would bash Oscar for letting his
> paying gig interfere with the podcast. I love how
> Mike claimed he was in love with podcasting and
> how it was profitable. I love how Mike claimed
> that the four of them were in this together. I
> love the reaction of Mike's few remaining Facebook
> friends when they realized it was all a bunch of
> BS!

To MOM, Buzz, Rob(b) and Oscar are like the girlfriend that you really don't like anymore and you realize she's not very attractive, but you don't have have any better options so you keep them at your side. Then you dump them as soon as you get your new girlfriend (105.9). And when that new girlfriend dumps fires you, you go back to them saying "baby it was a mistake, let's give it another shot". And since that old girlfriend is having a hard time finding other viable options, she'll probably give you another shot.

The podcast will be gone in less than 30 days after he starts at 105.9. The writing is on the wall. Rob(b) - have fun working the changing room security desk at Target.

Date: July 05, 2010 10:16PM

I don't blame Mike for finally getting a job. And I won't pretend that Rob(b) wasn't going to be fucked whether Mike got a job or focused solely on the podcast. What gets me that Mike is, once again, selling everyone a line of bullshit that everything is okay.

The truth is, the podcast has never made any money, these guys have been working for less than minimum wage and dspite Mike's efforts to guilt these guys into not working but, instead, to focus on the podcast, HE was obviously been looking for a job.

Mike is a class A douchebag. End of story.

Posted by: Jackie the Jokeman ()
Date: July 06, 2010 02:08PM

Mike was a pitiful top bannana, but he was a good sidekick. The mistake he made was trying to be the main guy, he totally sucked at that. The Mike O'Mears show was the biggest abortion in radio history.

Mike - stay a sidekick. You don't have an original thought in your brain.

Date: July 06, 2010 02:16PM

Jackie the Jokeman Wrote:
> Mike was a pitiful top bannana, but he was a good
> sidekick. The mistake he made was trying to be
> the main guy, he totally sucked at that. The Mike
> O'Mears show was the biggest abortion in radio
> history.

Sorry. That would be the David Lee Roth Morning Show.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: July 06, 2010 03:11PM

>
> Mike is a class A douchebag. End of story.

It doesn't seem like that long ago O'Meara was screaming "WE-ARE-NOT-GOING-ANYWHERE!" into a microphone @ JFK. And he was gone, what, two weeks later?

Even though DCRTV and everyone @ FFXU knew the end was near, MOM was doing what? Trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat and smooze the suits @ CBS Corporate into thinking he was on the cusp of success and could transition to a sports talker. Hmm, that didn't work.

What's pathetic here is that Buzz and Rob(b) bit MOM's bullshit bait and played the role of sidekicks while MOM was feathering his bed. You'd think those two losers would have learned a lesson after JFK and the podcast disaster, but probably not.

The good news for MOM is that he can stumble into the Citadel studios @ 4:55, heave into a trash can, and do a couple of wacky impressions and then rest while two or three tunes and commerical spots play. Before he knows it, it will be 9am and time for the day's first Budweiser! Seems our boy has indeed landed on his feet!!

Posted by: Steve O ()
Date: July 06, 2010 03:28PM

dapjdj - "heave into a trash can, and do a couple wacky impressions"

That made me laugh out loud.

Posted by: Zombie Dr ()
Date: July 06, 2010 04:06PM

This sounds like a very haphazard pairing, I'm having a hard time seeing their styles mesh together in the slightest.

Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: July 06, 2010 04:17PM

"The good news for MOM is that he can stumble into the Citadel studios @ 4:55, heave into a trash can, and do a couple of wacky impressions and then rest while two or three tunes and commerical spots play. Before he knows it, it will be 9am and time for the day's first Budweiser! Seems our boy has indeed landed on his feet!!"

I kinda like MOM, but you still get +1.

Date: July 06, 2010 04:23PM

He's already bitching about the early start time and the pay cut. Does he make it to the end of Summer? We'll see.

Posted by: YoungDCian ()
Date: July 06, 2010 05:18PM

WTF!

The JFK show- blown, podcast- a joke, now this! I swear, and I’ve said this before, but if he fucks this up he’s absolutely out of options. Where could he possibly go?

The only reason Mike got this job was because VRX has nothing to lose, they are paying him nothing (my guess is around what Plante makes) and they can let him go anytime they want to within the first 6 months of his contract. They could theoretically shit can the show within a month, switch back to active rock programming for that slot and still sit in the top 20.

Wake up Mike!

> He's already bitching about the early start time
> and the pay cut. Does he make it to the end of
> Summer? We'll see.

Date: July 06, 2010 05:41PM

Bob in Southeast Loudoun Wrote:
> "The good news for MOM is that he can stumble into
> the Citadel studios @ 4:55, heave into a trash
> can, and do a couple of wacky impressions and then
> rest while two or three tunes and commerical spots
> play. Before he knows it, it will be 9am and time
> for the day's first Budweiser! Seems our boy has
> indeed landed on his feet!!"
>
> I kinda like MOM, but you still get +1.

Kind of like "Shakes the Clown"

Date: July 06, 2010 06:01PM

I don't know how Mike expects to save Citadel. With the exception of riding Don's coattails, Mike has failed at everything. Radio, podcasting, bar ownership, marriage, fatherhood and, now, friendship. He will fail at this, too.

Date: July 06, 2010 06:57PM

It will be awful damn hard for him to bring the fake Jack Diamond energy in the morning. Once he gets there, surveys his surroundings and realizes how far he has fallen, a shit storm will surely follow. If not immediately,very soon.

Date: July 06, 2010 09:02PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> It will be awful damn hard for him to bring the
> fake Jack Diamond energy in the morning. Once he
> gets there, surveys his surroundings and realizes
> how far he has fallen, a shit storm will surely
> follow. If not immediately,very soon.

He's not Jack Diamond. He's Jimmy Alexander. Except Jimmy probably makes more than he does.

Posted by: the observer ()
Date: July 07, 2010 01:16AM

> I don't know how Mike expects to save Citadel.
> With the exception of riding Don's coattails, Mike
> has failed at everything. Radio, podcasting, bar
> ownership, marriage, fatherhood and, now,
> friendship. He will fail at this, too.

yer just jealous. how'd your radio career work out? srsly, tell the truth?

Posted by: kirk mcewen ()
Date: July 07, 2010 01:23AM

> yer just jealous. how'd your radio career work
> out? srsly, tell the truth?

Go to bed, Mike. You have to do your morning show tomorrow. Get some sleep. you are going to have to leave your house in about 2 hours

Date: July 07, 2010 06:32AM

the observer Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't know how Mike expects to save Citadel.
> > With the exception of riding Don's coattails,
> Mike
> > has failed at everything. Radio, podcasting,
> bar
> > ownership, marriage, fatherhood and, now,
> > friendship. He will fail at this, too.
>
> yer just jealous. how'd your radio career work
> out? srsly, tell the truth?

Great, actually. It helped lead to a lot of good things.

Posted by: Paul Harris ()
Date: July 07, 2010 08:17AM

1st day, with all glitches, getting to know you, etc.
S U C K S
S U C K S
S U C K S
Mike is a sidekick again. And a bad one. Playing lots of classic rock.
SUCKS
SUCKS
SUCKS
I give this 6 months. No one will listen. Damn, Don's show is 100% better.
sucks
sucks
sucks

s u c k s

Date: July 07, 2010 08:51AM

Jesus, would Mike just shut the fuck up for a second so Kirk and Shamrock can actually get a word in edgewise? There might actually be a show here if these guys are allowed to contribute. I laughed a couple of times (which I haven't done for anything Mike-related since D&M), but just when some chemistry was going, Mike would start talking over everyone again. Seriously, STFU Mike! Let Kirk and Shamrock say something!

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: July 07, 2010 11:00AM

I haven't ventured a listen to this show yet. Any mention of the podcast? Any shilling for Mangrates or other garbage?

Date: July 07, 2010 11:29AM

Yabels Wrote:
> I haven't ventured a listen to this show yet. Any
> mention of the podcast? Any shilling for Mangrates
> or other garbage?

He mentioned Rob(b), Buzz and Oscar in the portion I listened to. Can't recall if he mentioned the podcast specifically. No mention of Mangrates. Do they even advertise on the podcast, anymore? Wonder if the motorcycle sale to the Mangrates guy went through.

What's funny is he is doing a public appearance with Kirk at The Green Turtle today. Sounds like the podcast is already on the back burner in terms of priorities (I'm assuming he got a personal appearance fee).

Date: July 07, 2010 11:55AM

> What's funny is he is doing a public appearance
> with Kirk at The Green Turtle today. Sounds like
> the podcast is already on the back burner in terms
> of priorities

Es verdad. In the segment I listened to near the end of the show, MOM pushed the Turtle apperance (free lunch and 1st Bud light free for the 1st 100 fans...), and said "take the afternoon off and hang with us...".

Seems our boy is in a celebratory mood! He's finally getting a paycheck, an apperance fee for today and free booze!

Something tells me Rob(b) may also have work today - driving a comatose MOM back to Manassass at about 3pm.

Note to Rob(b): Stay in the right hand lane on I-66, MOM will probably have to mega-barf at least once before the Vienna Metro and a couple more times after.

Don't risk injury by swerving across lanes to get to the shoulder Rob(b)!

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 07, 2010 12:06PM

I listened to the last 10-15 minutes or so. My impression was as follows:

Kirk: So here i-
Mike: MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Posted by: Uneventful ()
Date: July 07, 2010 12:16PM

Review of first Mike O show: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And boring classic rock. zzzzzzzzzzzz.
No funny anywhere, like the podcast.

Date: July 07, 2010 01:32PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> I listened to the last 10-15 minutes or so. My
> impression was as follows:
>
> Kirk: So here i-
> Mike: MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Basically. It was so fucking annoying.

Posted by: holiday ()
Date: July 07, 2010 01:37PM

> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> -----
> > I listened to the last 10-15 minutes or so. My
> > impression was as follows:
> >
> > Kirk: So here i-
> > Mike: MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!
>
>
> Basically. It was so fucking annoying.

yet, you listened.

Date: July 07, 2010 01:45PM

holiday Wrote:
> -----
> > Johnny Walker Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I listened to the last 10-15 minutes or so.
> My
> > > impression was as follows:
> > >
> > > Kirk: So here i-
> > > Mike: MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!
> >
> >
> > Basically. It was so fucking annoying.
>
> yet, you listened.

I made it through a couple of segments before I couldn't stand it anymore. Mike may be successful at this. I'm sure with the shit on the radio in this market, there is room for a guy who appeals to fat 50-somethings on Harleys. But as for me, I won't be listening after this.

Date: July 07, 2010 01:55PM

holiday Wrote:
> -----
> > Johnny Walker Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I listened to the last 10-15 minutes or so.
> My
> > > impression was as follows:
> > >
> > > Kirk: So here i-
> > > Mike: MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!
> >
> >
> > Basically. It was so fucking annoying.
>
> yet, you listened.

It was the first day. Why wouldn't someone check it out?

Date: July 07, 2010 02:40PM

Sounds better than the Junkes.

Posted by: bryanlegal ()
Date: July 08, 2010 01:34AM

There are glimmers of the old Mike on his new show. By old Mike, I refer to the Don and Mike Show that caught my ear back in the early 90's. I've been unable to listen for any length of time to the Mike Omeara podcast. Frankly, its hard to listen because they seem to be constantly laughing at themselves and everything they utter. I've listened to Don's new show on KHTK, but its hard to listen to for extended periods cuz he is constantly pressing all those buttons or whatever with audio clips, voices etc. I think he must be addicted to the gadgetry, because if he listened to the show afterwards, his head would be spinning. Maybe, I'm old (42), but an occasional audio clip that is relevant is okay and funny.But, every few seconds he is talking, then playing some 3 second clip from a movie, show, or whatever. Its so annoying. I will give him more time to get it right and I think mike can get his magic back too if he slows down and says more funny stuff/bits and talks 30% less. Overall, I wish them both well.

Posted by: Dr. Radical ()
Date: July 08, 2010 01:49AM

Looking to pose a question without a response of sarcasm or self-entitled douchiness, what is the preferred listening of Mr. WashingTone-Locian?

Date: July 08, 2010 06:13AM

Dr. Radical Wrote:
> Looking to pose a question without a response of
> sarcasm or self-entitled douchiness, what is the
> preferred listening of Mr. WashingTone-Locian?

Well, when you say it like that, it's the sound your wife makes when I slam my cock in her ass.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 08, 2010 07:50AM

I used to like McEwen on 98 Rock back in the day, but I don't see him a good match with O'Meara. Haven't heard the show yet, maybe I'll give it a listen on the road today, I haven't heard "China Grove" in at least 24 hours anyway.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: July 08, 2010 09:13AM

I listened to one segment this morning and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Mike did talk a lot and I think some of that was excitement of being back on the air and I hope he is able to settle down, but he did make me laugh twice in one segment, which is more than I could say for his solo show. The only part that I thought felt forced was when he brought out "Charlie" who had nothing more to say than "I am Charlie." I hope this format works better for him since he doesn't have to work as hard to fill nearly as much time.

Posted by: Yourallabunchoflilgirls ()
Date: July 08, 2010 09:16AM

Really? reeaaally? It's kills me how many people get on here and bad mouth someone to this degree? OK! We get it. You all don't like him. But for PHUCKS SAKE stop sounding like lil' girls. We all know the vast majority of Mike's listeners or former listeners were men or at least I assumed as much until I read some of these posts. Reminds me of 7th grade and writing on a bathroom wall. You don't like him? don't listen! It's really just that simple isn't it? = ] Grow a pair please? Thanks. = )

Date: July 08, 2010 09:26AM

bryanlegal Wrote:
> Overall, I wish them both well.

I gave MOM one segment yesterday and didn't see much of a change + or -, however, if MOM and Kirk can out-PPM the Junkies, that would be sweet!!

I wonder if that turn of events will wake anyone up @ CBS?

Date: July 08, 2010 09:38AM

Yourallabunchoflilgirls Wrote:
> Really? reeaaally? It's kills me how many people
> get on here and bad mouth someone to this degree?
> OK! We get it. You all don't like him. But for
> PHUCKS SAKE stop sounding like lil' girls. We all
> know the vast majority of Mike's listeners or
> former listeners were men or at least I assumed as
> much until I read some of these posts. Reminds me
> of 7th grade and writing on a bathroom wall. You
> don't like him? don't listen! It's really just
> that simple isn't it? = ] Grow a pair please?
> Thanks. = )

Gee, Mike. The minute you are off the air you are checking out this forum. WTF is wrong with you?

Date: July 08, 2010 10:34AM

Yourallabunchoflilgirls is not going anywhere. You hear him? He's not going anywhere.

Date: July 08, 2010 10:36AM

Zombie Dr Wrote:
> Yourallabunchoflilgirls is not going anywhere. You
> hear him? He's not going anywhere.

Heh.

Personally, I could care less if his show on 105.9 is successful or not. It's not any worse than Jack Diamond or Kane, and those assholes continue to work. I listened a bit yesterday, but didn't bother today. I'll stick with Adam Carolla, Donnie G and the occasional tune-in to the Sports Reporters or WTOP or NPR.

Posted by: Yourallabunchoflilgirls ()
Date: July 08, 2010 10:42AM

"Gee, Mike. The minute you are off the air you are checking out this forum. WTF is wrong with you?"

*Crickets* Not sure if that should have been a pun or not either way it sucked. I am a fan of Mike and Don and have been since I was a teenager and still follow both. Should I stop liking the pair then and felt the need to "post" about my displeasure, I wouldn't go to the degree some of the people here. It's just really not that deep. He's a personality that's what he does, there are plenty of other stations to listen too. Namely Elliott! Now isn't he just a riot? Ha! uh Not You see? You see how that works? No real name calling, no cursing and no crying to my mother about how my radio has done bad things to me. I just don't listen. Not even sure if he's on the radio anymore with the way radio has gone down hill in general. Mike and Kirk are trying to save radio and while I can tell I'm still a fan. I own it and move on with my day. You no likey you can do thee same. Cheers!

Date: July 08, 2010 10:48AM

First post 9:16 am.

Second post 10:42 am.

Hmmm....

According to Google Maps, a 47-minute drive would easily fit in there...

View Larger Map

Date: July 08, 2010 11:06AM

> "Gee, Mike. The minute you are off the air you are
> checking out this forum. WTF is wrong with you?"
>
> *Crickets* Not sure if that should have been a pun
> or not either way it sucked. I am a fan of Mike
> and Don and have been since I was a teenager and
> still follow both. Should I stop liking the pair
> then and felt the need to "post" about my
> displeasure, I wouldn't go to the degree some of
> the people here. It's just really not that deep.
> He's a personality that's what he does, there are
> plenty of other stations to listen too. Namely
> Elliott! Now isn't he just a riot? Ha! uh Not You
> see? You see how that works? No real name calling,
> no cursing and no crying to my mother about how my
> radio has done bad things to me. I just don't
> listen. Not even sure if he's on the radio anymore
> with the way radio has gone down hill in general.
> Mike and Kirk are trying to save radio and while I
> can tell I'm still a fan. I own it and move on
> with my day. You no likey you can do thee same.
> Cheers!

It was "Don and Mike" and it's now "Kirk and Mike" for a reason, so refer to the shows properly.

Posted by: slam dance ()
Date: July 08, 2010 11:17AM

> Dr. Radical Wrote:
> -----
> > Looking to pose a question without a response
> of
> > sarcasm or self-entitled douchiness, what is
> the
> > preferred listening of Mr. WashingTone-Locian?
>
>
> Well, when you say it like that, it's the sound
> your wife makes when I slam my cock in her ass.

If you spent a minute with this dude's wife, it would be more time than you spend with your own in a week.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:29AM

slam dance Wrote:

> >
> > Well, when you say it like that, it's the sound
> > your wife makes when I slam my cock in her ass.
>
> If you spent a minute with this dude's wife, it
> would be more time than you spend with your own in
> a week.

I realize it takes someone like you an hour to come up with that kind of "witty retort," but the fact is a post like this from me takes 30 seconds. That leaves plenty of time for me to slam my own wife in the ass.

Posted by: man whore ()
Date: July 08, 2010 11:34AM

slam dance Wrote:
> -----
> > Dr. Radical Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Looking to pose a question without a response
> > of
> > > sarcasm or self-entitled douchiness, what is
> > the
> > > preferred listening of Mr.
> WashingTone-Locian?
> >
> >
> > Well, when you say it like that, it's the sound
> > your wife makes when I slam my cock in her ass.
>
> If you spent a minute with this dude's wife, it
> would be more time than you spend with your own in
> a week.

2 b fair, have you seen his wife? If you had you could understand why he doesn't spend time with her.

Posted by: Youallareabunchoflilgirls ()
Date: July 08, 2010 11:49AM

Johnny Walker:

"It was "Don and Mike" and it's now "Kirk and Mike" for a reason, so refer to the shows properly."

Yes. Yes it was. I wasn't speaking of The Don and Mike Show Now for it is no longer. I was referencing them both because I am a fan regardless, which was a small point of my banter. Since the topic was regarding Mike I addressed him first. But Thanks for the two cents, I'll take a penny if you got it.

WashingTone-Locian:

"Hmmmmmmm"

I shall have you know that my screen was still open and I just hit refresh and there you were. I normally wouldn't justify myself or even engage, but It's a slow day so WTH. Listen darLING,If I were Mike would I have even replied? And Why? C'mon,lol My justification to replying back to you is uh...well.. again it's a slow day and you seem to be upset, SO maybe I'm making a lil fun for myself? I dunno. But. There it is.= ) I honestly have no beef nor could care what you think to be honest. You have fingers (I'm assuming) to turn the dial(s) unless your buttons are stuck or your touch screen is filthy in which case your SOL because you didn't think to clean it and it may work, Yet and still it maybe too easy just to turn off your radio? Go figure *scratching my damn head* P.s. The Gps.. world map thingy was too cute. ; )

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: July 08, 2010 12:38PM

Ahh just listened to Mike O'meara's show was blank and it's unfortunate. I found everything just about empty. Unfortunately, I really think his talent as a second man was stronger and his ego/lack of ego glares.

Date: July 08, 2010 04:08PM

> Really? reeaaally? It's kills me how many people
> get on here and bad mouth someone to this degree?
> OK! We get it. You all don't like him. But for
> PHUCKS SAKE stop sounding like lil' girls. We all
> know the vast majority of Mike's listeners or
> former listeners were men or at least I assumed as
> much until I read some of these posts. Reminds me
> of 7th grade and writing on a bathroom wall. You
> don't like him? don't listen! It's really just
> that simple isn't it? = ] Grow a pair please?
> Thanks. = )

Jesus God.... You are a perfect example of someone who WOULD like MOM's Bull Fuck or know that he is an untalented fuck wad but have some ulterior motive for sticking up for him anyway. Spit out MOM's goo from your cum guzzler and listen up fuck stick.

Your misogynistic comments are telling of your complete personality and character disorder. What the fuck is wrong with girls anyway tool? Ever had one? How would you know what "they" sound like Fuck Stool?

I'd much rather sound like a girl than you you fucked up pile of bile and stomach lining. Really man your no better than dog vomit. Check your stench.

So Fuck You and go climb back into your little love nest right up MOM's ASS HOLE.

Listen to yourself:

"I shall have you know that my screen was still open and I just hit refresh and there you were." What a stinky vagene you are!

Refresh that Mother Fucker.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2010 05:14PM by mcsmack.

Date: July 08, 2010 04:19PM

Yeah there's nothing inherently weak about girls. Why, I know plenty that could kick my ass in a second, no problem.

Date: July 08, 2010 05:12PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Yeah there's nothing inherently weak about girls.
> Why, I know plenty that could kick my ass in a
> second, no problem.

Right on Johnny! God it's just like this guy sounds like a total dink. What a fucking Nerd. I'm sure he got lost over here from the RGF site or He/she/it is a stupid fucking MOM operative like Rob. Anyhow fuck em all! In the Ass!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2010 05:13PM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Big Fag ()
Date: July 09, 2010 04:03PM

I love to listening Mike, Robb, Buzz, Oscar and Donni G!!

Posted by: nelbert80 ()
Date: July 15, 2010 01:39AM

Ok Enough of all you f ing hate mongers. Dont any of you have familys. He is a fucking dad doing his best. You show you are all stupid. You act like you never listened to the show but yet hear you are quoting him from the show. I have listened to this team for over 13 years. I can honestly say I think that mike is happier now than he was when he was with don. And the fuck stick that keeps comparing the two lives. Don is there because his NEW life took him there. After the tragic loss he needed to start over. So I would say take a look at what Mike is trying to do. Have any of you ever been in radio and tried to pick up your pieces after getting shit canned like these guys did. I am gonna guess that with the disrecpectfull comments that have been made you ass holes have no idea what you are talking about. He would have taken Buzz and Rob and Oscar with him in a second....Not bethann though...So to all the haters of this product I give you a big f u ASS

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 15, 2010 02:05AM

"a big f u ASS" you say??? Why the F•U ASS is none other than Mike O'Meara!

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Date: July 15, 2010 09:01AM

nelbert80 Wrote:
> Ok Enough of all you f ing hate mongers. Dont any
> of you have familys.

Yes. That's why I'm not on the computer ranting at 1:39am.

> He is a fucking dad doing his
> best.

If he were doing his best, he would cut his expenses and stop spending his time on a money-losing venture.

> You show you are all stupid. You act like
> you never listened to the show but yet hear you
> are quoting him from the show.

yet "hear" you are...talk about stupid.

> I have listened to
> this team for over 13 years. I can honestly say I
> think that mike is happier now than he was when he
> was with don.

How would you know? Do you know him personally?

> And the fuck stick that keeps
> comparing the two lives. Don is there because his
> NEW life took him there. After the tragic loss he
> needed to start over. So I would say take a look
> at what Mike is trying to do. Have any of you ever
> been in radio and tried to pick up your pieces
> after getting shit canned like these guys did. I
> am gonna guess that with the disrecpectfull
> comments that have been made you ass holes have no
> idea what you are talking about. He would have
> taken Buzz and Rob and Oscar with him in a
> second....Not bethann though...So to all the
> haters of this product I give you a big f u
> ASS

Luckily for us, we live in a country where we are allowed to make disrespectful comments.

Posted by: george mcfly ()
Date: July 15, 2010 05:17PM

Just saw recent picture of o'meara
he's getting fatter ain't he

it's a funny bit when o'meara in his schoolmarmish tone tells the others not to talk over each other when the motherfucking asshole does it all the time

geez what a prick

o'meara'slong pontifications are such boring ponderous shit made worse by robbays inane laughing

understanding why geronimo parted ways...and geronimo could be asshole but nothing like o'meara

what did joe ardinger say a few years back about o'meara,"I can't work with that guy!"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.