HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Park Police Officers in Ghaisar Killing To Invoke Rare Supremacy Clause As Defense
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 15, 2021 07:01PM

WTOP has a piece:

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2021/05/rare-defense-planned-for-park-police-officers-in-ghaisar-killing/

Park Police Officers in Ghaisar

Wikipedia has a description of the Supremacy Clause:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause

It looks like the Supremacy Clause has only been invoked 11 times since it was written into the constitution (first interpreted by the Supreme Court in 1796; last interpreted by the Supreme Court in 2008).

I wouldn't say this is exactly a novel approach by the defense but it is certainly close to being novel (and very interesting to those who value the constitution).

Of course, all this could have been avoided if the Park Police would simply use body cameras.

Disclaimer: I am not on any side of this case (except to see justice; whoever that applies to: Ghaisar or the Park Police (or perhaps both...))

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Park Police Officers in Ghaisar Killing To Invoke Rare Supremacy Clause As Defense
Posted by: Why didn’t Bijan stop? ()
Date: May 15, 2021 08:15PM

https://youtu.be/hEBnCRrmsZQ

Mom got biggins!
Attachments:
0E5FCD47-1236-4041-AA71-6FBCD0C23FC8.jpeg
8B51AA34-2BD3-400B-A465-47CAD600FA37.jpeg
D15DC16A-C948-4B77-AA58-D1F926CF33C3.jpeg

Re: Park Police Officers in Ghaisar Killing To Invoke Rare Supremacy Clause As Defense
Posted by: Black Caulk ()
Date: May 16, 2021 12:29AM

One dead Arab/injun. Who cares?

Posted by: d9ucu ()
Date: May 16, 2021 04:40AM

Well, he is wearing a 1% patch. He wanted to play bad boy outlaw. Didn't quite work out for him this time around. Sorry about that. Now his family needs to shut the fuck up and go about their lives.

Posted by: Nowadays ()
Date: May 16, 2021 04:56AM

They need to play the race card in order to win. That’s the only game playing now-a-days.

Posted by: dude () ()
Date: May 16, 2021 07:55AM

So this supremacy clause thing, will it enable the prices I have to pay for my coke to go back down to what bhijan charged? Asking for a friend.

Posted by: urban achiever ()
Date: May 16, 2021 10:18AM

dude () Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So this supremacy clause thing, will it enable the
> prices I have to pay for my coke to go back down
> to what bhijan charged? Asking for a friend.

The God-Damn plane has crashed into the mountain!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.