HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fire Chad Dukes!
Posted by: His Lichnesss ()
Date: June 16, 2010 10:31PM

Lavar and Rocky! Please please fire Chad Dukes!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fire Chad Dukes!
Posted by: trollerz ()
Date: June 16, 2010 10:35PM

You're an idiot, Fukes is the only thing that carries that show between lavars non-points and butchering of the English language.

Posted by: ChadFan ()
Date: June 16, 2010 10:53PM

STF up! Looksie do, Looksie do!

Posted by: VA Phins Fan ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:20PM

OP stfu, Chad holds the station that show, and the station together

Posted by: J.M. Keynes ()
Date: June 17, 2010 12:31AM

Sorry, Chad has crawled into the gutter with Lavar, and gets no free pass back out.

I switched the station earlier this week, likely never to switch back, while listening to Lavar, being backed up by Chad, rail against airlines for charging passengers $$ to bring luggage on flights, while maintaining that (not a direct quote) "the airlines have plenty of passengers, and need to find ways of making money instead of going broke".

This was around the time that they announced that they would be doing the rough equivalent of "Point/Counterpoint" (Chad, you igonorant slut!...), which, according to Lavar, was being presented in order to "spurn" conversation among their listeners. Ironically, or maybe aptly, that is exactly what it did for me!

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 17, 2010 06:04AM

Well, I'll be a son of a bitch... You like sports, J.M.? My mind is blown..

J.M. Keynes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, Chad has crawled into the gutter with
> Lavar, and gets no free pass back out.
>
> I switched the station earlier this week, likely
> never to switch back, while listening to Lavar,
> being backed up by Chad, rail against airlines for
> charging passengers $$ to bring luggage on
> flights, while maintaining that (not a direct
> quote) "the airlines have plenty of passengers,
> and need to find ways of making money instead of
> going broke".
>
> This was around the time that they announced that
> they would be doing the rough equivalent of
> "Point/Counterpoint" (Chad, you igonorant
> slut!...), which, according to Lavar, was being
> presented in order to "spurn" conversation among
> their listeners. Ironically, or maybe aptly, that
> is exactly what it did for me!

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: June 17, 2010 11:09AM

They really need to fire Lavar, the other day he did this bullshit thing that he thinks is funny where he says Thanks for listening for like a minute, it just him drawing the Thanks out and making stupid comments about not taking your fingers out of your ears yet because he isn't done acting like a five year old. He also tries to make up his own words to the song that is playing when they return from commercial, he thinks its so funny but it really sucks. I did hear a guy call in a couple of weeks ago and tell Lavar how articulate his speech was, Lavar thanked him like he was serious. That guy had to be making fun of him and Lavar didn't even get it, now that was funny.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: June 17, 2010 11:37AM

J.M. Keynes Wrote:
> Sorry, Chad has crawled into the gutter with
> Lavar, and gets no free pass back out.
>
> I switched the station earlier this week, likely
> never to switch back, while listening to Lavar,
> being backed up by Chad, rail against airlines for
> charging passengers $$ to bring luggage on
> flights, while maintaining that (not a direct
> quote) "the airlines have plenty of passengers,
> and need to find ways of making money instead of
> going broke".
>
> This was around the time that they announced that
> they would be doing the rough equivalent of
> "Point/Counterpoint" (Chad, you igonorant
> slut!...), which, according to Lavar, was being
> presented in order to "spurn" conversation among
> their listeners. Ironically, or maybe aptly, that
> is exactly what it did for me!

So let me get this straight: You're saying that radio DJ's are complaining about airline fees now?!?! SHOCKER. And Chad Dukes is the last beacon of hope amidst a station floundering amidst its own hopeless incompetence.

Posted by: Zombie Dr ()
Date: June 17, 2010 04:19PM

Fire Dukes so he can go to a station where he will be put to good use.

Posted by: JayFell ()
Date: September 24, 2011 07:30AM

Fire dukes so he can go kill himself.

Posted by: CERTenly5786549 ()
Date: September 24, 2011 07:34AM

Me likes Daisey Dukes.

Posted by: brutal just brutal ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:10PM

Zombie Dr Wrote:
> Fire Dukes so he can go to a station where he will
> be put to good use.

he could have walked away over the summer, no one wanted him.

yes lavar is worse than dukes. they both suck together. both are alright when wise or someone else is filling in for the other. really they need to just make lavar and dukes the mid day show or the late night show and let one of the other shows take the primetime slot.

its brutal listening to a guy who had two good seasons call him self the most decorated football player in history, who thinks hes smart when he doesnt even know what half the words he uses means. its equally as brutal listening to a guy whose never played sports a day in his life who the most athletic thing he can do is play kan jam while drinking talk about sports

Posted by: BlockDukes ()
Date: September 24, 2011 03:02PM

Just remember to never disagree with Chad on any subject or you will be blocked on twitter and facebook and then the horde that is so far up his ass will also pile on you.

Also remember if you hang an American flag, own a few guns, and listen to country music you are some super American. What a shame for those of us who served. Chad thinks he is better than everyone.

Posted by: Thad ()
Date: September 24, 2011 10:04PM

Fire LaVar now. That mushmouth needs to go. Dukes could be ok, if teamed ith the right person, maybe Danny. Penn State ahould be embarassed for providing him with a degree, he's uneducated, uninformed and unintelligible.

Posted by: Drab ()
Date: September 26, 2011 07:32AM

Thad Wrote:
> Fire LaVar now. That mushmouth needs to go. Dukes
> could be ok, if teamed ith the right person, maybe
> Danny. Penn State ahould be embarassed for
> providing him with a degree, he's uneducated,
> uninformed and unintelligible.

And apparently unfireable.

Posted by: we are ()
Date: September 26, 2011 07:45AM

Thad Wrote:
> Fire LaVar now. That mushmouth needs to go. Dukes
> could be ok, if teamed ith the right person, maybe
> Danny. Penn State ahould be embarassed for
> providing him with a degree, he's uneducated,
> uninformed and unintelligible.

Lavar doesn't have a degree, he left college for the NFL after three years.

(Obviously a smart choice, being as he was the 2nd pick in the draft and made millions of dollars in his career.)

Posted by: Lichbag ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:00AM

why did i just notice this thread?

Posted by: Lurchy ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:16AM

Lichbag Wrote:
> why did i just notice this thread?

You're a donk. This thread is money.

Posted by: Chadman ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:11AM

Beware of the Horde....

Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: September 27, 2011 09:38AM

brutal just brutal Wrote:

> yes lavar is worse than dukes. they both suck
> together. both are alright when wise or someone
> else is filling in for the other.

Wise is the worst radio personality ever since he has no personality.

Posted by: Wiser ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:13AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> brutal just brutal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > yes lavar is worse than dukes. they both suck
> > together. both are alright when wise or
> someone
> > else is filling in for the other.
>
> Wise is the worst radio personality ever since he
> has no personality.

What makes it worse is he thinks he has a wonderful, witty personality. Maybe he should just go back to making up stories and tweeting them, then maybe he'll get some attention.

Posted by: Yucky ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:43PM

SERVE THAT FAT HOBBIT HIS WALKING PAPERS. ITS BACK TO HOME DEPOT FOR YOU TUBBY!!

Date: September 28, 2011 04:34PM

Wiser Wrote:
>
>
> What makes it worse is he thinks he has a
> wonderful, witty personality. Maybe he should
> just go back to making up stories and tweeting
> them, then maybe he'll get some attention.

He will go on forever about how he's a sex addict and jsut how much ass he got all the time. The guy is not good looking and is boring as all hell to listen to. It is actually painfully boring when he tries to tell a story or a joke and the punchline is always something he thinks is shock humor but, in reality, it was simply a 10 minute story to find out that Jordan said 'ass' one time in a conversation.

Posted by: somd ()
Date: December 21, 2011 06:47AM

Worst sports how on radio

Posted by: Dukies ()
Date: December 21, 2011 07:49AM

Since when is having the worst show on the air a requirement to get fired? Fire that sack of crap Lavar. The guy can't put a sentence together to save his life.

Posted by: fAIRFAXIAN ()
Date: December 21, 2011 08:16AM

Worst show in the area??? That's saying a lot since there is only one good sports show in the area.

When determining worst, the following must be in the conversation:

1) John Thompson show - simply unlistenable! He can't speak English, he mis-pronouces words in every sentence and mumbles throughout the show. He knows basketball but knows abolutely nothing else about other sports. In my opinion, this show gets top billing as the worst show.

2) Mike Wise show - I think this show would be much better if Holden Kushner did the show himself. Mike is annoying and goes over board to be polotically correct. He takes PC to an extereme and it gets distracting. Plus his voice is whiney and he always has an agenda. He's a jock sniffer and has a few freinds in sports and protects them (i.e. Gilbert) instead of being honest.

3) Junkies - I still find them mildly entertaining but I can't listen to them everyday -- too much of the same schtick. They need more sports analysis. Lurch seems to be the only one that actually watches games - the rest talk about highlights they see on sports center.

4) I know they are not local but I must mention Mike and Mike. Way to much fake stuff. We get it already - Golic is the stupid tough jock and Greenie is the wimpy metrosexual. They try way to hard to be characters instead of talking sports. The show sounds very contrived and fake to me. 80% of the time Golic simply repeats or re-states what Greenie (or someone else) just said. He the master of stating the obvious - repeatedly!

5) Czaban - I think Czaban is the only entertaining show around. He knows sports, he's witty, he doesn't sound rehersed or like he's playing a character, He offers opinions without being PC. His show is the only one I look forward to listening too.

6) Kornheiser - not really a sports show but usually decent unless he's talking about old movies or the Beatles again

7) Lavar and Dukes - I used to listen but don't listen much anymore. I don't think either one knows much about sports. They don't have opinions that are particularly insightful. They don't know much about sports other than football.
Everytime I listen I find myself channel surfing after a few minutes - they just can't hold my interest.

Posted by: Danny S. ()
Date: December 21, 2011 08:36AM

First and foremost, this is not a sports radio town. If you want to hear good sports radio, try Boston or NYC. I totally agree with the last post, but would throw in Brian Mitchell as another one who can't put a thought or sentence together. When at "The Fan", their whole schtick is they aren't owned by Dan Snyder, so they can say what they want, but in the end, they say nothing. Lavar and Dukes just bash the Skins and have nothing else to talk about. In a couple of weeks they will staring at each other and talking about the draft and what the Skins should do next year....whcih is pretty much what they do anyways. They try to talk basketball, since Lavar played in high school, but neither are really into it. Lavar should not even be on the radio, but I guess he's a draw to someone out there. Pairing him with Dukes is horrible. Put Dukes with Danny and you might be getting somewhere because Danny knows something about sports other than football. Dukes doesn't want to do sports and you can hear it in his voice, oh, and in his texts and what he says on his podcast. He doesn't care, which makes the audience not care. The Junkies don't care about sports, they care about how big their W-2 is. Those losers have been phoning it in for years.

Face it, there is no good sports radio in this area. Fire Dukes, yeh, that would help. Fire the staff of the Fan and start over, even better.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: December 21, 2011 10:00AM

Danny S. Wrote:
> First and foremost, this is not a sports radio
> town. If you want to hear good sports radio, try
> Boston or NYC.

Are you kidding? I'd rather die. Both those cities suck.

Posted by: Danny S. ()
Date: December 21, 2011 10:06AM

More Complete Wrote:
> Danny S. Wrote:
> -----
> > First and foremost, this is not a sports radio
> > town. If you want to hear good sports radio,
> try
> > Boston or NYC.
>
> Are you kidding? I'd rather die. Both those cities
> suck.

I didn't say they were good cities (neither is Chicago, which I forgot to mention before), just that they have better sports talk radio.

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: December 21, 2011 10:09AM

I agree with the last two posts. Lavar and Dukes is bad, mostly because Lavar the Co-host is a horrible cross for any broadcaster to bear. He drags down Dukes during the week and Danny on Sunday. Danny might be the best host on the station and he can't give that post game show a pulse.

Wise is awful due to his attitude and content. I don't care about your mission to get the Redskins to change their name. Kushner is OK, but like Dukes, is simply there to moderate the show for the "star".

Brian Mitchell makes Lavar look like Bryant Gumbel. The guy is horrible.

The Junkies are Ok on occasion. EB, Cakes and Lurch show up every now and then and drop some funny lines. Their sports coverage stinks, and so do their interviews. JP brings every funny segment to a screeching halt though when he tries to chime in. They should replace him with Dukes.

The whole station sucks overall. I cheesy jingles for station ID, traffic girl who went to broadcasting school with Lavar, Brian Mitchell and John Thompson, and the "beat the story to death" content.

Posted by: AZ to VA ()
Date: December 21, 2011 11:42AM

Sometimes I feel bad for Dukes because Lavar is such a bully. You can tell there are times when he wants to disagree when Lavar is spouting off his usual ignorant bullshit but just stays quiet because it's not worth hearing more preaching. However Dukes has turned into a mini-diva, insulting his callers and making smart ass comments about the caller while they are talking. Dude, these people are keeping you employed. And you bust their balls and tell them to never call again?

I think Holden actually has a great future. He's funny, an admitted pot smoker/degenerate, and enjoys a good laugh at someone else's expense. Basically very relatable to the average 20-40 year old guy. I enjoy his banter.

Posted by: Dukies ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:40PM

Anyone else remember when the station flipped and you heard from all the new "talent" how they were there for the fan, they were there to listen to the fan and they would NEVER hang up on a listener, unlike the other sports station in town. Dukes hangs up on how many people a day now? They disrespect your intellect by having mushmouth Lavar on the air, then disrepect you by not actually talking about sports. Don't believe me? Lavar and Dukes is built on the premise of, toss out a question and let the listener drive the show (and we will hang up on people we don't like). The Junkies rarely talk sports. Wise talks sports with a liberal, vapid look at things, but he too relies on the listeners.

Good sports radio has a strong host who knows what they are talking about, and has some calls from people to debate, it is not driven by the listener who may be out of their head (listen to the yellers and screamers on Lavar and Dukes) and moderated by a mushmouth who doesn't understand sports (Lavar).

Posted by: differentview ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:59PM

fAIRFAXIAN Wrote:
> Worst show in the area??? That's saying a lot
> since there is only one good sports show in the
> area.
>
>
>
> 3) Junkies - I still find them mildly entertaining
> but I can't listen to them everyday -- too much of
> the same schtick. They need more sports
> analysis. Lurch seems to be the only one that
> actually watches games - the rest talk about
> highlights they see on sports center.
>
>
>

Interesting I have the complete opposite view. I don't think they need more sports. You can get sports talk/analysis every day 24/7 from many TV outlets, radio, and the internet.

I know some guys live for sports like their lives depend on it and can't get enough sports talk. I'm not one of those guys which is why I like when the Junkies talk about different things.

Posted by: won"t disagree ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:08PM

differentview Wrote:
> fAIRFAXIAN Wrote:
> -----
> > Worst show in the area??? That's saying a lot
> > since there is only one good sports show in the
> > area.
> >
> >
> >
> > 3) Junkies - I still find them mildly
> entertaining
> > but I can't listen to them everyday -- too much
> of
> > the same schtick. They need more sports
> > analysis. Lurch seems to be the only one that
> > actually watches games - the rest talk about
> > highlights they see on sports center.
> >
> >
> >
>
> Interesting I have the complete opposite view. I
> don't think they need more sports. You can get
> sports talk/analysis every day 24/7 from many TV
> outlets, radio, and the internet.
>
> I know some guys live for sports like their lives
> depend on it and can't get enough sports talk.
> I'm not one of those guys which is why I like when
> the Junkies talk about different things.

for a morning show, they should talk about different things, along with some sports (last nights scores, etc). Problem is, they can't interview for shit and JP in particular dos nothing for the show. He's a douchebag of the highest order and just makes things about himself. How that autobiography coming, asshat? Drop JP and give the mic to Brett and make it more about entertainment with some sports. You have the rest of the day to talk sports.

Posted by: need to adjust the time slots ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:38PM

The junkies are awful.

Wise show overall is good, but he needs to lose the white liberal guilt. When he gets into that the show is unlistenable. Holden is a bright spot so is their producer who chimes in but I cant remember his name.

Lavar and Dukes together is the worst. When there apart theyre each okay but really Chad should be replaced. He doesnt like sports. He never played sports. He doesnt know sports. He brings nothing to the table. Lavar is there because well lets be honest the average skins fan isnt very intelligent and thinks the team is going to win the superbowl there so they love lavar and love him fluffing up the team. Lavar needs a cohost that has a reputation already who can shut him up when he goes on rants.

For everyone that hates wise when he co hosted with Lavar sometime he would cut him off and save us from his nonsensical rants where hes arguing against himself by the end of it. Thats what type of cohost he needs if they insist on keeping him. Dukes just flat out has no business in sports radio and is unqualified to do so. His sense of inflated ego from it is even more annoying.

If lavar and dukes are going to be kept together their time frame needs to be taken out of the primetime commute slot. They have the best slot on the station and some of the worst ratings from all the shows. That says something about how terrible their show is. Everyones right all they do is talk skins all year around since they are incapable of discussing any other sport. Id also like to not hear Lavar refer to his college education again. Like Dukes he didnt graduate. Taking a couple hand picked undergrad classes at the cult institution of PSU where they would never fail a football player since football comes before EVERYTHING else there doesnt make you smart. It makes you a good athlete nothing more.

Posted by: 'var ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:41PM

Put them in the 7-11 timeslot. There has to be something better for that slot, even an national syndicated program, like Dan Patrick.

Posted by: fballfan ()
Date: December 22, 2011 01:00PM

I could be wrong on this thought but I will take a stab at it: Don't listen if you don't like it!

Posted by: oh please ()
Date: December 22, 2011 01:03PM

fballfan Wrote:
> I could be wrong on this thought but I will take a
> stab at it: Don't listen if you don't like it!

Please, where is the fun in that?

Posted by: sportsfan ()
Date: December 22, 2011 01:11PM

I know, I am a maverick, but really if it is that bad, don't listen!

Posted by: JoeBiden ()
Date: December 22, 2011 01:18PM

I don't listen, but I did try. I am just sad there is not anything good on during that time. More iPod time for me.

Posted by: Y ()
Date: December 22, 2011 07:00PM

Haters are gonna hate, but Dukes brings it everyday, no matter who is sitting ther with him.

Posted by: cant be serious ()
Date: December 22, 2011 07:28PM

Y Wrote:
> Haters are gonna hate, but Dukes brings it
> everyday, no matter who is sitting ther with him.

You have to be trolling

Date: December 22, 2011 09:46PM

Have you ever listened to him? He brings it over Lavar every day.

Date: December 22, 2011 10:09PM

Y Wrote:
> Have you ever listened to him? He brings it over
> Lavar every day.

Yes I have listened to the show, thats why you must be trolling

Date: December 22, 2011 10:19PM

He's better than Lavar, that's all I am saying.

Date: December 22, 2011 10:24PM

Y Wrote:
> He's better than Lavar, that's all I am saying.

Thats true but thats a very low bar to get over. Lavars rants are unlistenable

Date: December 22, 2011 10:36PM

As a loyal Horde member i was just trying to help.

Posted by: Don Geronimo ()
Date: December 23, 2011 06:16AM

Dukes is a fat right-wing slob whose ignorance stands out more than his terrible radio personality.

Posted by: CK ()
Date: December 24, 2011 11:27AM

As long he keeps pulling in ratings, he'll stay on the air.

Posted by: sportsfandc ()
Date: December 24, 2011 07:51PM

As long he keeps pulling in ratings, he'll stay on the air.

Yep! That's the bottom line. So stop the whining!

Posted by: chadreallysucks ()
Date: December 24, 2011 07:56PM

Don Geronimo Wrote:
> Dukes is a fat right-wing slob whose ignorance
> stands out more than his terrible radio
> personality.

Hes not right-wing hes he doesnt care about anything but himself. To be a conservative you have to have beliefs other than you especially when you change your mind every 3 months.

Also calling someone right-wing isnt an insult but nice try.

As for the guy who mentioned ratings, they really arent that good. They were like 15 or 18 for most listened maybe even low 20s. If youre in that prime time slot you should be a top 10 show

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:44PM

The best thing that happens on the radio at 2:00 is B-Mitch and Doc on 980am. Chad kills the show on 106.7 Bring in anyone else, PLEASE!

Posted by: chaddukesblows ()
Date: May 01, 2012 11:15AM

Chad Dukes is ok on his dumbass show where he can talk about comic books, fast food and jerking off....the fact that he co-hosts a sports radio show is a joke. He's a fat turd with a star wars tatoo and has never played a sport in his life.

Lavar sucks too but at least he played the game, Chad Dukes is just another reason why DC is one of the worst sports towns in the country and is by far the worst when it comes to sports radio.

106.7 the fan is for hoopleheads, go Redskins losers.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 01, 2012 12:42PM

Lol at Yabels' and Va's comments from 2010!

Posted by: Flabnuts ()
Date: May 01, 2012 12:58PM

After re-reading this thread, I have to agree with this nugget:

Good sports radio has a strong host who knows what they are talking about, and has some calls from people to debate, it is not driven by the listener who may be out of their head (listen to the yellers and screamers on Lavar and Dukes) and moderated by a mushmouth who doesn't understand sports (Lavar).

There is still no good sprots radio in DC. JFK might as well change the call letters to RG3 since that is all they talk about now.

Posted by: YourWifeMyKids ()
Date: May 01, 2012 01:42PM

Fat Dukes is the best, as soon as a caller calls in and gives their opinion he immediately shoots it down and berates them. I stopped listening after a couple months...

Hey Lavar, it's "with" not "wif"...idiot

Posted by: Sven ()
Date: May 01, 2012 02:35PM

Chad will be a much better broadcaster once he comes out of the closet.

Date: May 01, 2012 06:46PM

He's not totally gay but he's really interested and probably bi.

Date: May 02, 2012 07:06AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> He's not totally gay but he's really interested
> and probably bi.

So how much gay does it take to be gay?

Date: May 02, 2012 06:55PM

Sven Wrote:
> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----
> > He's not totally gay but he's really interested
> > and probably bi.
>
>
> So how much gay does it take to be gay?

I guess it would take no sexual interest in women?

Date: May 03, 2012 12:16PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> Sven Wrote:
> -----
> > ChadIsFat Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > He's not totally gay but he's really
> interested
> > > and probably bi.
> >
> >
> > So how much gay does it take to be gay?
>
>
> I guess it would take no sexual interest in women?

So if I suck dick and bang chicks, I am not gay?

Posted by: Lobsterface ()
Date: May 04, 2012 10:32AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> Sven Wrote:
> -----
> > ChadIsFat Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > He's not totally gay but he's really
> interested
> > > and probably bi.
> >
> >
> > So how much gay does it take to be gay?
>
>
> I guess it would take no sexual interest in women?

well, looks like you got the right guy to answer the question. Chadisfat has had no sexual interest in women for years.

Posted by: LaVar ()
Date: May 07, 2012 11:48AM

Let me tell you something there son because I know what I am talking about and and and and and and this is what I know because I was once a God and when i played football people treated me as a God on earf and when you are no longer a God you get depressed and I am sure that is why that guy, the guy, you know, he shot himself because there is nothing to help football players who are no longer playing to be regular people when they are gods and then they are not because as an aflete I was a God and people tell me how great I am all the time because I was a great player and they know that so they tell me and I like that because it makes me feel good and as an aflete I want to hear that and that is what is wrong with the NFL is they don't work with an aflete like me who was a God and now I am not so you know that is what I think and you know and all and stuff and things.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 07, 2012 11:59AM

dude, you make me lol every time!

Posted by: Kid Dukes ()
Date: May 07, 2012 12:37PM

LaVar Wrote:
> Let me tell you something there son because I know
> what I am talking about and and and and and and
> this is what I know because I was once a God and
> when i played football people treated me as a God
> on earf and when you are no longer a God you get
> depressed and I am sure that is why that guy, the
> guy, you know, he shot himself because there is
> nothing to help football players who are no longer
> playing to be regular people when they are gods
> and then they are not because as an aflete I was a
> God and people tell me how great I am all the time
> because I was a great player and they know that so
> they tell me and I like that because it makes me
> feel good and as an aflete I want to hear that and
> that is what is wrong with the NFL is they don't
> work with an aflete like me who was a God and now
> I am not so you know that is what I think and you
> know and all and stuff and things.

I heard "'Var" give a very similar "speech" about this last week. While the text may not be the same, the idea is. He thought the NFL needed to spend more money and resources on preparing players who were "Gods" to better adjust to life after the NFL. Nothing about the hits tot he head or anything like that.

Posted by: Chad Dukes ()
Date: May 08, 2012 01:09PM

LaVar Wrote:
> Let me tell you something there son because I know
> what I am talking about and and and and and and
> this is what I know because I was once a God and
> when i played football people treated me as a God
> on earf and when you are no longer a God you get
> depressed and I am sure that is why that guy, the
> guy, you know, he shot himself because there is
> nothing to help football players who are no longer
> playing to be regular people when they are gods
> and then they are not because as an aflete I was a
> God and people tell me how great I am all the time
> because I was a great player and they know that so
> they tell me and I like that because it makes me
> feel good and as an aflete I want to hear that and
> that is what is wrong with the NFL is they don't
> work with an aflete like me who was a God and now
> I am not so you know that is what I think and you
> know and all and stuff and things.

This makes me LOL. Don't tell LaVar.

Posted by: LaVar ()
Date: May 09, 2012 12:41PM

LaVar Arrington: Controversy Sadly Sometimes Out Weighs The Truth In Media

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/05/09/lavar-arrington-controversy-sadly-sometimes-out-weighs-the-truth-in-media/#respond

Check out the comments. Feel free to add your own.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.