HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Fairfax County getting desperate or what?
Posted by: CBR Dude ()
Date: June 08, 2010 01:49PM

My wife came home the other day with a ticket she got for having a cracked windshield. She caught a rock the weekend before while driving up to Philly on 95.

During the ticketing, she called me asking if I had made the claim with our carrier. Sure did just waiting for the appointment to roll around for the mobile fix. Which was two days later. In the back ground I could hear her tell the officer that I made the appointment and we were waiting for the mobile install to occur. She got the ticket anyway!

So in the eye’s of the law or as the County of Fairfax says. I should not drive my vehicle? She was sited for defective equipment. WTF, how many others out in the county have a busted windshield or more? I see this as a huge profit center for the county!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fairfax County getting desperate or what?
Posted by: responsible citizen ()
Date: June 08, 2010 02:02PM

shut up and fix your windshield

Posted by: Piggy ()
Date: June 08, 2010 02:12PM

Get the windshield fixed. Show proof beyond all doubt that you repaired the windshied shortly after the ticket. Go to court and get the ticket dropped by "complying with the law."

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 08, 2010 02:15PM

Yes, technically you aren't supposed to drive it (assuming the cop is right and that is considered defective equipment, which is probably true) and they can cite you again. I heard from someone who let their registration expire and hadn't realized it. They got a ticket and the next day got pulled over again. They showed the second cop the ticket and explained they had just gotten it and the DMV was closed (it was Sunday or something) so they couldn't take care of it yet and the cop still gave them a second ticket.

Posted by: The Usual ()
Date: June 08, 2010 03:28PM

Typical FCPD douchebaggery

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 08, 2010 03:40PM

Reminds me of the time when some ass tried to ticket a family member of mine, for allegedly going two over the limit. It was a small town back then (Herndon), and even though it's grown tremendously, it's still fairly notorious for fines on certain roadways (Most of the cops whom I've met in that department are pretty cool though).

The windshield issue is a "Correctable" offense, just like a taillight, headlight, etc. You can have it dropped by showing proof of the fix (As "Piggy" said).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: June 08, 2010 04:01PM

FCPD always increases traffic stops in June. They have some kind of ticket writing contest or something between police stations.

That said, if the crack was big enough for a cop to stop you, that's probably a massive crack. She shouldn't be driving the car and she shouldn't be on the goddamn phone while talking to the police officer.

You may be able to get the ticket thrown out if you go to court and show proof that you already had an appointment prior to the ticket as well as proof that you had it fixed.

Posted by: VA Phins Fan ()
Date: June 08, 2010 05:30PM

would you drive with a broken headlight?

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: June 08, 2010 06:59PM

It's a fix it ticket that'll be thrown out if you can prove that it was fixed when you goto court.

Also, say hello to smooth operator.

Posted by: ZipIt ()
Date: June 09, 2010 08:44PM

Just fix the damn windshield already, sack up and go get it dismissed in court. Honestly how many more of you girls have to whine about a GD ticket you got for doing something wrong??? Put on your big boy pants and grow a pair of balls. Sweet merciful crap.

Posted by: CBR Dude ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:50AM

I was just making a freaking statement not looking for a beat down!! You pricks that think they no better may you get hammered real soon for some dumb item from FCPD!! Yes, it was a crack and at the bottom of the windshield. Now how many other people out there have busted windshields? It's an everyday occurance around here that you pick up a rock or what ever and the dam thing cracks. It's been fixed now. What I found so tight cracked about the enitre deal was even being pulled over for it in the first place. I can see an inspection, plate registration, but a freaking windshield come on FCPD. I'm waiting for the GPS users to get hammered next! Dam the next time I have a busted window, I guess I should have the car towed vs trying to drive it!!

Posted by: Making_stuff ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:56AM

You tell 'em, toughnuts.

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:58AM

Was your wife driving topless?

Posted by: webb ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:12AM

It's "KNOW better". Not "no better". Surprised the ticket was'nt for stupid in public.

Posted by: was'nt correct ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:09PM

way to go, I'm just as surprised it was'nt for stupid in public

seems there are lots of offenders in that realm

-- I have a cracked windshield. I guess it will be a matter of time before I'm facing the FCPD smack down. I just hope he doesn't get it mixed up with crack (the drug).

How the hell did the guy see the crack? Was she stopped next to the pig?

Oh well. I'm glad he managed to rescue her from that killer windshield!

Posted by: doogooder ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:38PM

guess they fixed this problem:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/357505.html

when they found your wife's huge crack

Posted by: Deal Sheets ()
Date: June 11, 2010 01:28PM

boredom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCPD always increases traffic stops in June. They
> have some kind of ticket writing contest or
> something between police stations.

Really? Because in the last week or so the roads (and I-66) have been swarming with marked & unmarked cruisers -- many more than I would typically see.

Last night I was shadowed by one on Lee Highway from K-Mart to Centreville. He dropped back a bit just before the overpasses at Costco, perhaps hoping for an easy speeding ticket, but I set my cruise control to 43 and meandered on through. He U-turned shortly thereafter.

Posted by: Payscale ()
Date: June 12, 2010 11:32AM

I have yet to meet a person that has deserved a ticket. But the same people who received these bullshit tickets will be the first people to complain someone else doesn't get one Or parks 9 1/2 feet from their driveway. You people suck. Please die. Thank you.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.