HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
local urban legends/ghost stories/monsters (other than the Bunnyman!)
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: May 28, 2010 12:19PM

post yours here. Anyone know of any good ones in the immediate Northern Virginia area?

lemme no people

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: local urban legends/ghost stories/monsters (other than the Bunnyman!)
Posted by: folklorist ()
Date: May 28, 2010 12:25PM

The Demon of Vaso Island

technically the island is in MD because all of the Potomac is MD, but it's only a few feet from the VA shoreline in Great Falls, and supposedly most of the paranormal activity happens on the VA side of the islands (strange mutterings, shrieks, red eyes)

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:54PM

folklorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Demon of Vaso Island
>
> technically the island is in MD because all of the
> Potomac is MD, but it's only a few feet from the
> VA shoreline in Great Falls, and supposedly most
> of the paranormal activity happens on the VA side
> of the islands (strange mutterings, shrieks, red
> eyes)

I've only heard of some girl that haunts Difficult Run, but the "Demon of Vaso Island"? That's news to me.

Check this one out though. I had a hard time believing something like this could still exist in Ffx. Co., but I know a guy down there who actually has an airboat that he uses to motor around the area (Yeah, the marsh is really that big). Granted, back in the 1970's (When this article first appeared), there was still a lot of farmland in Ffx. Co.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/29/50170.html

The Wildlife Officials claimed that it was most likely just a bunch of Peacocks, but I sort of have trouble believing that more so than the original claim.

A while back I read somewhere that this "creature" has been mentioned in much older writings, and that there have been more recent experiences, but I can't find the documents supporting such. People have also claimed to have had things thrown at them as well (Which is typical of Ape-like behaviorisms, and is common in so called "Bigfoot" encounters).

Btw, the story mentions audio recordings (Tapes) made of the sounds, but I've never heard them before. It'd be interesting to actually be able to compare the noise with other known critters.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Bloody Hillary ()
Date: May 28, 2010 11:35PM

Anyone who uses the White House master bathroom, turns the lights out, and repeats the phrase "Hillary Clinton" three times is never seen nor heard from again...

Posted by: somepeople ()
Date: May 28, 2010 11:39PM

Foxes

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.