HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4
Freda
Posted by: sourdiesal ()
Date: July 11, 2005 03:46PM

Anyone else hear any of the details regarding the death of Freda Source..wife of Don Geronimo..of don&mike show?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Freda
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: July 11, 2005 04:21PM

She died in a car crash on rt 90 in OC.

A car swerved to avoid an accident on the opposite side of the road she was on (90), and hit her head on. She was taken to shock trauma and died.

She was 50 and was alone at the time of the accident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2005 04:22PM by rstidman.

Posted by: buckshot ()
Date: July 11, 2005 04:37PM

When did it happen? I didn't know anything till I tuned in to the show. They're not saying what happened, which is understandable.

Posted by: Ted ()
Date: July 11, 2005 04:39PM

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: July 11, 2005 05:19PM

This is aweful -- I'm REAL sorry to hear of this news. I'll always remember Freda calling Don "Boo Boo" -- I call my kids that because I liked it so much.

Freda - Rest in Peace.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 11, 2005 05:34PM

That's sad... a buddy of mine interned for the show years ago. She's cuter than she sounded on the phone all the time but yeah that's rough.

Posted by: Mary ()
Date: July 11, 2005 05:36PM

My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to the Wright and Sorce families and the WJFK family as well...Freda will be greatly missed..

Posted by: Jenn ()
Date: July 11, 2005 05:56PM

My prayers are with all of you. She was a tremendous soul and she will be missed. I hope to be half the mother and wife that she was.

Posted by: aaron ()
Date: July 11, 2005 06:22PM

thanks for putting all this info out there. my heart goes out to don and the sorce fam.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: July 11, 2005 06:24PM

WTOP has also picked up the story: http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=541586

Very sad. I believe she also has a 20 year old son named Bart.
My deepest condolences to her family.

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: July 11, 2005 06:48PM

Very, very sad. I've been listening to Don & Mike for close to 11 years, since my early adolescence, and this is almost like losing a member of the family.

Posted by: Jill ()
Date: July 11, 2005 06:51PM

Rest in peace, Freda. You were a great woman!

Posted by: Chuck ()
Date: July 11, 2005 07:24PM

This is like losing a family member. I can't believe this could happen. My prayers go to the Sorce family

Posted by: Sally ()
Date: July 11, 2005 07:41PM

Probably one of the most shocking and upsetting things I have heard over the radio since 9/11. I have listened to the show for 15 years and always enjoyed listening to Freda and Don argue, make-up, banter, etc...I think most wives and mothers to older children could identify with her.

My deepest condolences and thoughts go out to Don, Bart and Freda's family.

Posted by: Roy ()
Date: July 11, 2005 07:47PM

Freda will be Greatly Missed by Everyone who became a part of the family by listening to Don & Mike Show. She was a Great Part of the Show. My condolences go out to the families of this Horrible loss

Posted by: Jules ()
Date: July 11, 2005 07:47PM

Freda was always so sensible and forthright and added great balance to a show that could be side-splittingly vulgar. I enjoyed the often hilarious glimpses inside Don and Freda's marriage, and Don seemed much more likable to me for the mere fact that he was married to Freda. I always thought that the worst news I might hear about them would be that they were splitting up, but after a decade of listening, I stopped worrying. This is so much more devastating. An amazing, authentic family. God bless them.

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: July 11, 2005 09:15PM

My condolences to Don, Bart and the Wright family. I've listened to the show for ten years, and especially liked the interaction between Don and Freda. Thank you both for allowing us to have a view into your lives. Although the show may go on, it will never be the same again.

Posted by: Gwen ()
Date: July 11, 2005 09:40PM

I'm not sure what to say. Although I didn't know Freda or Don personally I feel as if I did from the many wonderful years I have spent listening to the show. Monday's memorial program reminded me of what it felt like the day my own father passed away. What a sad and shocking loss. My heart goes out to the Sorce family.

Date: July 11, 2005 09:42PM

Freda Sorce weas 50 and a mother of 1 son, Bart, who was named for Bart Starr of the Green Bay Packers. An act of tolerance like that should indicate the kind of woman she was. I can't get my girl to agree to name our first child "cal ripken stidman".

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: July 11, 2005 09:44PM

FredaWebsite.jpg
Freda Wright-Sorce, 1955-July 10, 2005
Rest in Peace

Posted by: Sean ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:02PM

I am a long time listener from Austin. I was so shocked and saddened to hear of this tragedy. So many nameless, faceless people die everyday that you are numb, until it is someone you know. And we all knew Freda, you could hear in her voice how much she loved Don and Bart. It is a sad day.

Posted by: Tony ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:04PM

Feels like a member of my family has died. The Clemson family will miss you Freda. Prayers out to Don and Bart and the WJFK family.

Date: July 11, 2005 10:12PM

Webmaster - take down the posting about her driving record - it has their home address.

Posted by: Joyce ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:22PM

Yes Jill I agree. That was such an innapropriate post perhaps by a sadistic person! Her tickets had nothing to do with someone crossing the median and hitting her.

BASTARD!

Freda rest in peace!!!

Posted by: Suenette ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:22PM

I felt as though someone had punched me in the gut when I heard this. And - no offense to anyone on the D&M Show - my first thought was "Why Freda??". She was Don's anchor, truly and he protected her at every turn.

Even though he once threatened the livlihood of extended family members by his actions.... I know it was because he thought she might be in danger. (The mulch they had laid combusted - which is not something anyone can predict.).

He loved her so very much.

Posted by: Pat Hoopes ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:23PM

We feel numb. Our thoughts and prayers for Don & Bart. My heart to the radio family as well, thank you for helping us through this day. Freda had a truly beautiful soul. God has called another one home just a little too soon. All our love and prayers
Hoopes Family

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:24PM

I was totally devestated when I heard the news on the show today. A lot of folks have said it already, but it is so true, hearing about Freda was like hearing your best friend passed away. I always compared Don and Freda's arguments to one's my wife and I would have - they were so typical and normal and it made for a great kinship with them. My heart goes out to Don and Bart, Freda's family and the whole WJFK family. This will be so tough for them I can't even imagine. If anyone from the show reads these threads, know that we, the listeners, know there's little we can do but offer our condolences and thoughts. If any arrangements are made to have a memorial service we'd appreciate hearing about it on the station website. Thank you.

Date: July 11, 2005 10:33PM

rstidman

You, sir, are an ass.

Posted by: K ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:52PM

My heart goes out to Big Freda, Bart and Don...she was the center of their world and it makes me so devistatingly sad for Don & Bart especially.
I will miss hearing her call Don "Sugar Bear & Boo Boo".
My prayers go out to them.

Posted by: Pagan ()
Date: July 11, 2005 10:58PM

How dare some (Fill in the nasty name) post her driving tickets..........I dare say all of us have broken the speed limit. She was innocent victim at the wrong place and time. Obviously no way out. I was shocked and crushed when I got in my car and tuned it. I have listened for over 13 yrs. The D&M family got me through an abusive marriage and I was lucky enought to tell them in person and make it on the show with only niceness from the guys. My heart goes out to all of them. I lost my mother suddenly and still grieve. Yes in time the pain dulls but it will never go away. My thoughts and prayers are with Don and Bart and family. I had tears streaming all the way home (hour commute). My husband asked what was wrong and I broke down. All of you are right. We might not know them personally but everyday they are part of all of our lives. Rest easy Freda. We'll miss you.

Posted by: Frank ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:01PM

I have listened to the Don & Mike Show for over 10 years. They were like listening to a modern day George Burns & Gracie Allen.

They were funny without meaning to be, but they shared their personal problems for all to hear. They were loved and respected for the honesty and feeling they shared with each other. We all will miss Freda.

To show their address and her driving record shows a total lack of sensitivity and class on the person who posted it.

Posted by: Cobb ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:11PM

Having listened to the D&M Show since the WAVA days, this hits close to home. Not knowing any of the radio family personally, nevertheless I got to know them almost as intimately as my close friends...their quirks, passions, squabbles, loves. They would bare it all, including Freda. You could tell in the exchanges between Don and Freda that their's was a great relationship. This accident seems so senseless. Right place at the wrong time, I guess.

I had just gotten in my truck after another hot day on the job and was looking forward to some good times with my "friends" for the ride home when I heard the tragic news. I couldn't have predicted that I would feel as sad as I do. But like many here I feel a great loss. I feel terrible for the families, and the radio show will truly miss her. Freda seemed to be the show's moral anchor. My condolences and sympathies to Bart and Don. I'm truly sorry.

Cobb

Posted by: foxymoron ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:14PM

Well I will admit when Don and Freda would talk I would be in my car thinking "Oh crap, he's chatting with her again.". It was like... "Come on, enough already!"

Then I heard the news today. I am so saddened by her passing. You could tell, even via the airways how much Don loved Freda and visa versa. I am really going to miss her. Whenever I hear "sweetpea" I think of her.

My prayers go out to all that knew and loved her.

-=fm=-

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:24PM

This is so sad. I have heard this lovely woman for years. She is the beacon of her husband. Really, really sad.

Posted by: Lori ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:27PM

When my husband and I heard the news today we were shocked and saddened. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Sorce and Wright Family.

Posted by: cam ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:39PM

God Bless You Freda

Posted by: ted smith ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:41PM

I have been a fan of Don and Mike for 7 years now and the news of freda's death shocked me. It really does feel as if someone close to me has died. Freda you will be missed - God bless Don and Bart

Posted by: mudd ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:57PM

Hey "rstidman"

As a great man has said to us almost everyday, "don't go away mad, just go away"

Posted by: Dennis Murphy ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:06AM

Freda's spirit will live forever!!! Don I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Emil Faber ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:12AM

I am among the nameless and faceless and I mourn your loss. The truth of feeling that was so often apparent in Freda's voice has lead me, like so many, to feel as though I knew her. May her brightness reach down from Heaven, transcending the barrier and provide you (Don, Bart and all) with the ability to laugh once again. Bart, your mother was simply wonderful...

Posted by: Emil Faber ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:14AM

I am among the nameless and faceless and I mourn your loss. The truth of feeling that was so often apparent in Freda's voice has lead me, like so many, to feel as though I knew her. May her brightness reach down from Heaven, transcending the barrier and provide you (Don, Bart and all) with the ability to laugh once again. Bart, your mother was simply wonderful...

Posted by: pete ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:14AM

the posts on this thread are great,with the exeption of rstidman,what a dirt bag !!!
I was very surprised by how sad this news made me feel,iam a Don & Mike fan but you
dont realize how much of a bond you can build by just listening to a radio show for
4 hours a day. Its been said a few times how you really feel like you know these people, God bless you freda,and give Don and Bart the strength to get thru this
tragedy

Posted by: george ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:19AM

Freda's traffic tickets have been posted on the fairfax underground site for years.

Posted by: kbro ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:27AM

who cares. i'm sure you've never done anything wrong. her tickets had nothing to do with her death. god bless you, bart, big freda and mike (don).

Posted by: diane ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:38AM

The tickets had nothing to do with Freda's death. They had something to do with her life, which was strong and important.

Posted by: Russ ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:49AM

As a long-time D&M listener I was quite saddened to hear this horrible news today. My thoughts and prayers go out to Don, Bart and the Wright and Sorce families. Thank you Mike, Buzz and Rob for your heartfelt tribute to Freda this afternoon. She was a beautiful lady and will really be missed.

Posted by: IdiotPatrol ()
Date: July 12, 2005 12:50AM

On a day when search engines can potentially bring thousands of people to a site known to locals, the ticket posting was poor judgment and in poor taste. I hope, Robert, in your deepest, darkest hour - someone is kinder to you than you have been with your posting. I shall chalk it up to the youthful indescretion.

Life is indeed precious. Days like this cause us to pause and take stock of the important relationships in our own lives.

Rest in Peace, Freda.

Does Your Mother Know You're Out of Bed and on the Computer?

Posted by: Pattycakes ()
Date: July 12, 2005 01:12AM

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the tragic news Mike announced at the opening of the show today.I've been a fan of the D&M show for more than 10 years. My sympathy to Don, Bart, Big Freda, and all their family and friends.I especially remember how Don would openly discuss on the air some of his more..let's say..intimate moments with Freda. She went along with it too because she was a such a good sport. Don often remarked that he thoroughly enjoyed making love to his wife and "doing the deed" to her. How wonderful that after 20+ years of marriage, he still desired her that much. Here's to the memory of Freda, a beautiful and classy lady.

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: July 12, 2005 01:34AM

rstidman, We can only hope something worse happens to you
because you, sir, really are an ass!

Rest in Peace Freda

Mike (Don), time heals... it really does! Chin up buddy

Posted by: db ()
Date: July 12, 2005 01:47AM

I feel so sad as well. I can't listen to the radio show where I live now, but I listened from 1985 when I was in high school all through my adult life until moving to central California. My brother emailed me the sad news today and I've felt sad all day long. I remember Bart saying at the end of each show something about "don't be so tight, give my daddy more money." My gosh Bart must have been about 4 or 5 years old then. To think he grew up with his daddy on the radio and his mom being home with him and sending him off to college now he doesn't have her anymore to call and talk to or see when he comes home. That really tears at my heart knowing how close of a family they were. You all are so lucky that you can listen to the show every day. I miss the show and when I'm back in the DC area I'll miss Don talking to Freda on the air. Rest in peace Freda!!

Posted by: David ()
Date: July 12, 2005 01:54AM

I think I will miss Freda more than I would have missed any of the guys.
Rest in Peace

Posted by: Brody ()
Date: July 12, 2005 02:21AM

They are streaming on Wjfk now

Date: July 12, 2005 02:55AM

What is your point about the tickets? I really do not understand.
She was a wife,mother,and daughter to people that cared about her. Nothing else matters. Tickets mean nothing. People like that deserve no recognition at all. Ignore the idiots. I thought Freda was an inspiration and a voice for the other women out there like me who have a happy and healthy marriage.

Posted by: Jc ()
Date: July 12, 2005 04:53AM

I don't understand why people are all angry at rstidman. It was a joke on the D&M show for years about Freda's tickets and bad driving. Now posting their address with those tickets was in poor taste, but the tickets themselves made me remember Freda in a good way. It was funny, it was made light of on the show for years and years. This traffic accident was NOT HER FAULT. Therefore, whats not to love about remembering Freda, whether it was her traffic tickets, beauty or just plain commen sense? Freda was someone we all loved obviously, but yes, it was funny at times when Don talked about her little fender benders or traffic tickets. I think that poster remembered that, and tried to find his own way of remembering Freda. You other people should be ashamed, or not really Don and Mike fans, because it WAS FUNNY when we first heard of those tickets.

Bash away.........

Posted by: Jim k. ()
Date: July 12, 2005 08:40AM

I too have listened since 1985 when they were first on at WAVA. I was only 8yrs old. Don, Mike, Freda and Bart were like radio family to me. I feel horrible after hearing the news. Especially after looking forward to hearing their stories of their vacation, only to hear Mike's somber voice telling us what happened. :(

I can identify with what Bart must be going through, my father died in the summer, right after having a long family vacation, just as I began college (many years ago). I hope that he has the strength to finish college and make Freda proud.

Posted by: Another Mike ()
Date: July 12, 2005 08:42AM

She was listed as a major donor for the 1977 class of Clemson University, where her son Bart now attends.

http://www.clemson.edu/friends/honoroll/donors/classes/1977.htm

Posted by: lisa robenburg ()
Date: July 12, 2005 09:30AM

re: Scott's Dumb Ass Response

How dare you say something like that! People like you are what makes this world so awful...Oh she got a ticket ..Who cares! Lets check your record ASSHOLE!

To the sorce family:

Freda rest in peace....Don- I am a long time listener....Love you guys! Freda was the best!

Re: Freda (Arrest/Ticket Search)
Posted by: SrE ()
Date: July 12, 2005 09:41AM

Suenette, Scott, Jill, Joyce, IdiotPatrol, Pagan, Ken in Cali, Pete, kbro and Bill... Chill out!

rstidman did nothing harmful. George, JC and pgen understand, it is a shame that you missed it.

What is your objection to the posting of the information? Based upon the nature of this forum (and the whole site), the posting was appropriate and expected. Personal attacks upon rstidman about his posting are inappropriate, however they are expected. If you have an issue with his posting, contact him in private; on the other hand, if you have a problem with the content of his posting, what are you doing on this site? (have you used the "Arrest/Ticket Search" feature of this site?)

Are your thoughts the only appropriate thoughts and feeling that should be posted? Do you *know* what everyone else is feeling? I think not! Live your own life, under your own "moral values" system, and stop forcing your views on others.

Let people pay tribute in their own way.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 12, 2005 10:16AM

I met Freda when she made a purchase from me for some home remodeling she was doing and i could not have met a more elegant, kind, charming, understanding woman. There were some problems with the order and she was so friendly to deal with and very understanding. My heart goes out to the whole Wright-Source family as well as Mike O'Mara who did an outstanding job with yesterdays radio show!

Hey Rob Stidman..you coward..why dont you post YOUR address or your phone number so we can contact you?? Why would you post her address and ticket history you prick! You too SCOTT!

Posted by: bhawes ()
Date: July 12, 2005 10:35AM

What kind of tribute could rstidman be referencing to ?

I am not sure that posting public domain is considered a tribute in this case. If you were refering the tickets Freda had gotten than why not just mention them instead of posting address and all........?
As Don would say so often to ignorant callers, Listen........ASSSWIPE. Where are you calling from and what is your first name...?

You have become an official member of the Don and Mike blog club.

What city does your mother live in.......? Maybe put a little more forethought into your expressions. Your total lack of respect cannot be condoned.

Good day to you sir..........I SAID GOOD DAY.!

Freda we will miss your spirit and wit.

It will be a long time before the Don & Mike Family can recover from this.

God Bless us all.

Posted by: jwvIV ()
Date: July 12, 2005 11:21PM

"Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

- Isaiah 60:1

Thank you for being you, Freda, and for reminding all of us what unconditional love was and is all about. You are one of the great ones, and will be sadly missed.

Date: July 12, 2005 11:29PM

well I think we can all see two things from these posts:

-the people calling me a coward, etc, are not logged on. Anonymous cowards, as it were.
-bhawes doesn't have a lot of braincells left, so when he gets some and can complete a thought coherently, let me know.

and now seriously you all...who gives a fuck. And further you missed the point... people came here for info about here and I gave out the info this site specializes in. I feel that showing her tickets merely acts to humanize this person THAT NONE OF YOU FUCKING MORONS KNOW. And if you don't like her address showing, blame your local PD. They post it so I can't easily cut and paste without including it. FUCK EDITING AND FUCK YOU TOO.

Look, she got tickets. I guess we're all alike after all. Obviously I've had a fuck of a lot more but we already posted all my shit in another thread... so take that whoever the bitch was who suggested it. You ain't shit so don't waste your time coming at me.

Date: July 12, 2005 11:35PM

"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","026"," 5810","ORCHARD HILL ","LA","CLIFTON ","VA","02/13/2005","FAIL OBEY HWY SIGN "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","026"," 5810","ORCHARD HILL ","LA","CLIFTON ","VA","02/17/2005","FAIL OBEY HWY SIGN "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","025"," 6237A","SUMMER POND ","DR","CENTREVILLE ","VA","10/14/2004","LIC PLATE IMPRO FASTND OR COVERED "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","025"," 6237A","SUMMER POND ","DR","CENTREVILLE ","VA","10/14/2004","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","025"," 6237A","SUMMER POND ","DR","CENTREVILLE ","VA","10/14/2004","HOV VIOLATION "

I totally walked on the suspended OL charge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2005 11:41PM by rstidman.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: July 13, 2005 12:03AM

rstidman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel that showing her
> tickets merely acts to humanize this person THAT
> NONE OF YOU FUCKING MORONS KNOW.

Amen.

Posted by: Not Robert Stidman ()
Date: July 13, 2005 12:35AM

"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","026"," 5810","ORCHARD HILL ","LA","CLIFTON ","VA","02/13/2005","FAIL OBEY HWY SIGN "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","026"," 5810","ORCHARD HILL ","LA","CLIFTON ","VA","02/17/2005","FAIL OBEY HWY SIGN "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","025"," 6237A","SUMMER POND ","DR","CENTREVILLE ","VA","10/14/2004","LIC PLATE IMPRO FASTND OR COVERED "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","025"," 6237A","SUMMER POND ","DR","CENTREVILLE ","VA","10/14/2004","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"STIDMAN ","ROBERT ","E","025"," 6237A","SUMMER POND ","DR","CENTREVILLE ","VA","10/14/2004","HOV VIOLATION "

Posted by: Fairfax Underground Member #403 ()
Date: July 13, 2005 01:14AM

In Stidman's defense, he was simply trying to add some of the fairfax underground mentality to an overly 'sensitive' thread about someone you didn't know personally. All of you people should simply dick off, because you aren't members here. It's really crazy too that this is the only forum that it's been posted on, and that google is showing us for the number one amount of "Freda Sorce".

I didn't listen to Don and Mike cause they suck but regarding her passing condolences to personal family and friends. Don was a lucky man, she was pretty hot. To that,

Posted by: saguilar ()
Date: July 13, 2005 02:37AM

Shame on you rstidman

Posted by: chad ()
Date: July 13, 2005 03:36AM

I was saddened to hear what had happened.She was a very neat lady on the radio.We will all miss her.Our thoughts are with don and bart and familys.

A Feel for the Forum
Posted by: IdiotPatrol ()
Date: July 13, 2005 08:36AM

Ok, enough of the RStidman blasting.

First, since I publicly blasted RStidman - I publicly apologize.

After reading through this neat little forum - I now have the feel for it. Apparently regulars here post the arrest records of "celebrities" on a regular basis. So, this was not an attack on Freda Sorce, it was in its own little way, a tribute.

Does Your Mother Know You're Out of Bed and on the Computer?

Re: A Feel for the Forum
Date: July 13, 2005 10:20AM

IdiotPatrol Wrote:
> After reading through this neat little forum - I
> now have the feel for it. Apparently regulars here
> post the arrest records of "celebrities" on a
> regular basis. So, this was not an attack on Freda
> Sorce, it was in its own little way, a tribute.

Exactly... we do that stuff all the time. Coming here and bashing people for it is a bit like walking into Hooters and criticising the big tits. I can see where new readers would be shocked by that kind of thing and its understandable, but the topic of the thread is the late Mrs. Sorce and not rstidman.

Date: July 13, 2005 10:26AM

Sero=iously now, I could care less what any of these assholes thinks. They don't give a shit about this board and won't be posting here as soon as they stop pretending to be so sensitive and caring over a person they don't know.

Fuck all of you fair-weather friends, I saw all your posts on the net over the years as to how you wish she was dead and gone.

Idiotpatrol, go fuck yourself. You sound like a kid toucher to me.

Posted by: Gladys Kravitz ()
Date: July 13, 2005 11:55AM

you need to take this message down.. and the others that have this information. Very bad taste. Scott is an ass-hat

Posted by: Kathy ()
Date: July 13, 2005 11:57AM

I knew her. In real life, not just on the radio. The woman died, her family is in shock and grieving. Have some decency and keep your comic relief for things that actually need humor.

Posted by: Gladys Kravotz ()
Date: July 13, 2005 12:05PM

To all you a-holes who are posted this ticket crap I think we need to fire-up the Hot Dog Truck and come by your houses.Go somewhere else .. we are here to pay tribute to a nice lady & her family

Date: July 13, 2005 12:15PM

I see... fans from a radio show can come to some existing forum and tell people to go away. Nice tribute... are all the Don and Mike Show fans this appreciative of a place to express their feelings? That's like being proud of the destruction of American Indians.

Posted by: smartin ()
Date: July 13, 2005 01:59PM

She was always the "voice of reason." May God bless her and her family at this difficult time.

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: July 13, 2005 02:12PM

Holy blown out of proportion batman!

For the haters, get your own website and control it as you like. Leave this one alone.

Posted by: Dayn ()
Date: July 13, 2005 10:52PM

God bless the Sorce family and the whole cast of the Don and Mike show.

Posted by: Roxy ()
Date: July 13, 2005 11:00PM

God speed Freda. I feel as if I have also lost a wife mother and sister. Freda I want to scream out your name.I have read almost everything I can but still cant believe you are gone:(. To Mike and Bart I'm sorry for your loss it is a great one.To Rob, Mike,buzz,and all others how brave you all are and thank you for your comforting thoughts of Freda.Big Freda all I can say is she is with her daddy now so don't worry he will care for her.Again my heart goes to the family.

Posted by: Patty ()
Date: July 14, 2005 12:03AM

to all the 'regulars" of this particular web site......
So Sorry we have all intruded on your little world here but not everybody who listens to the Don and Mike show is a "radiofile" such as yourselves.We all have lives.So when this tragedy occured we did what normal people do and googled it! You guys should be thankfull there are so many people who share your love of the show and the people who make it happen.And maybe even welcome us. I personally am ashamed by all this crap and i can only pray that Don never reads any of this.I can't even imagine the pain he's going through and this is the last thing he needs right now. If you guys were true fans of the show you would show a little respect right now instead of worrying about you own little "traditions"in your own little "world"!!!!! ASSHATS!!!!!!!!!! GO WASH YOUR ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

To Freda.....You are my hero... you will be missed by all
To Don Bart and Big Freda.....my most sincere condolenses

Date: July 14, 2005 07:37AM

Patty Wrote:
> to all the 'regulars" of this particular web
> site......
> So Sorry we have all intruded on your little world
> here but not everybody who listens to the Don and
> Mike show is a "radiofile" such as yourselves.We
> all have lives.So when this tragedy occured we did
> what normal people do and googled it! You guys
> should be thankfull there are so many people who
> share your love of the show and the people who
> make it happen.And maybe even welcome us.

My God... do people that come here actually think this site is a Don and Mike site? I don't think they were mentioned in any thread here before the Freda Sorce story. Maybe that's where the confusion is... people think this is a Don and Mike site when it isn't... we talk about arrests, hookah bars, and general fairfax crapola here. THIS ISN'T A DON AND MIKE SITE.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2005 08:48AM by pgens.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: July 14, 2005 11:54AM

Sick humor is the basis of the Don and Mike show. What's wrong with continuing that tradition. Anyone who has ever laughed realizes that laughter helps the healing. Having lost a wife, sister, and others close to me, I'm no stranger to pain but our little chatter here will do nothing to begin or end Don's pain. He has to come to terms with it on his own as will Bart.

Let it go.

Posted by: Adele Abrams ()
Date: July 14, 2005 12:18PM

I worked with Freda before she knew Don back on WHFS-FM in Bethesda. She was the public service director and we shared an office for a year or so. Many forget she also had her own radio career before becoming "wife of Don" - worked at WASH etc. She was a wonderful person when I knew her back in her 20's and appears to have remained so throughout her too-short life. My condolences go to her family and friends, both personal and in the radio audience.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: July 14, 2005 03:40PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2005 03:26AM by MrDoctor.

Posted by: dlee ()
Date: July 15, 2005 11:38AM

Man, I haven't been on the forum for a while, and this thread reminded me of why I keep coming back.

The Freda thing is beyond tragic.

The Don & Mike show sucks. If the people who call in to that show are indicative of its true fans, then you're all a bunch of dumbasses.

Rstidman makes me laugh on a daily basis. Much more than the Don & Mike show ever could.

Posted by: B Mitch ()
Date: July 15, 2005 01:02PM

Thank you Freda for allowing us into your life while you were here...I have always enjoyed it when you were on the show with Don.... I will miss you.

Posted by: draw ()
Date: July 15, 2005 01:03PM

Having just caught up on this news...I moved to Chicago where the show is not carried and check the Don and Mike Website on weekends to catch up.....I was shocked and saddenned at Freda's passing. I felt like a close friend had died and especially felt bad for Don (mike) and Bart and Big Freda as well as the other D&M crew.
I have looked all over the internet to try to answer the one question that makes me not understand how this accident could have come to such a tragic conclusion.
Air bags save many lives especially from head-on collisions....what could have happenned with her air bag? I'm sure all Lexus's have them.

Date: July 15, 2005 01:15PM

draw Wrote:
> I have looked all over the internet to try to
> answer the one question that makes me not
> understand how this accident could have come to
> such a tragic conclusion.
> Air bags save many lives especially from head-on
> collisions....what could have happenned with her
> air bag? I'm sure all Lexus's have them.

Air bags protect your head from hitting the windshield, not from a 60+mph cummulative impact (assuming the SUV was going 40 and she was going 20, don't know what the real speeds are) between two differently-sized vehicles (SUV vs sedan). Sedan may have partially gone under SUV, engine compartment could have been crushed into passenger compartment, sudden neck injury bad enough to cause eventual fatality, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2005 01:16PM by pgens.

Posted by: Spanky ()
Date: July 15, 2005 01:19PM

Sorry to hear it. Not a big fan of the show. Maybe "Don" will settle down now that he has been brought back down to Earth.

Posted by: deadfredasrottingcopse ()
Date: July 15, 2005 01:42PM

You think now that Fredas dead that Mike will imitate her on low budget jeopardy. The good side is that she was in my dead celebrities pool with my friends and now I won 500 bucks. I have Buzz on there as the next one to kick the bucket. Hey Don and Mike used to have a dead pool and i think they still do. Wonder if they will continue. The only thing I can say is now she is on THE WRONG SIDE OF THE DIRT.

All you friggin morons talk about how bad your hurting and how upset you are. get friggin real you cant possibly want to make this about you can you. Get lives or better yet get hit head on too.

BUH BUY THEN.

Posted by: NinjaSk8ter ()
Date: July 15, 2005 01:59PM

Well this post isnt necessarilly about Freda. I'm sorry that she passed away.

I wanted to address an issue I have with an aspect of the Don & Mike show, and Don's behavior at certain times.

I've listened to their program since WAVA, sometimes its funny, sometimes its not. The times I dont think its funny is when I hear Don yelling at callers or even wishing death on those people and their families. I can recall at least two instances in June where has Don attempted to be funny, by making fun of someones age or physical condition ie Gordon Liddy and Larry King. Granted those people are celebrities and I guess it could be funny. But I just dont get the humor in it. You dont hear these types of rants coming out of Mikes mouth really, its all Don. I think its his way to make up for the fact that he isnt as good a comedian as his counterpart.

In other instances, he has wished death and injury to callers, who merely call in to voice their opinion of the show good or bad. In any event, if its a comment someone has in which Don doesnt like or dissagree's with, he definitely will degrade and belittle the person calling and make deragatory comments. Maybe the first couple times its funny hearing this. I think the way Mike presents negativity to callers (in a more logical fashion) is more humorous than by the way Don looses his temper, yells at the caller, and calls them names.

Has anyone ever hear Ron and Fez do this to a caller? I havent, and to be truthful, their show makes me laugh more. They havent even been around that long. Does Howard Stern constantly yell at people and wish death upon them? Yes Howard is raunchy and provacative, but I think in a more sensible way.

I know some of you will come back to me indicating that "I just dont get it" or that Im an "asshat". Any of these comments would indicate to me that they really dont have any sensible argument to make to me regarding this post, and their simpletons by just disregarding my thoughts and post alltogether (without a logical argument).

My lesson of the week? No matter how much you dislike someone, never wish ill-will or death upon them or their families. I've seen charma has a way of coming back to people. Im not even that religious, but the way we as people treat others affects our own lives.

Posted by: Ann ()
Date: July 15, 2005 03:50PM

I hear what you're saying and it is lamentable when any radio personality succumbs to mean spirited behavior in the pursuit of humuor. But don't put Howard Stern on a pedastal in regard to this sort of thing.

When he was married to the much maligned Alison, he would, on a regular basis, tell any porn star, Penthouse Pet or stripper that came into his studio, that he did not really have a wife and that she had died in an auto accident or had died of cancer. He did this so frequently, that even Robin Quivers became uncomfortable with it. I always thought he should be careful about what he said and not tempt fate. Alison was understandably upset with these frequent remarks and as we all now know, his need to have his wife "gone" were really desires to be unmarried.

I'm sure there alot of things Don regrets saying...I'm sure he regrets buying Freda the car she ended up dying in, I'm sure he regrets that they didn't travel back from Ocean City in his car, instead of splitting up and going in two cars...the list could go on and on of regrets. I'm sure he feels badly now about some of things he's said to callers that were cruel or in poor taste.

It is a tragic end to a life that seemed to be the rock of that family...when he comes back August 1st, I know I will be listening. In the meantime, he should take solace in the fact that so many listeners, even the annoying ones that get yelled at, are thinking of him and his family and hoping that they can get through this nightmare.

Posted by: Bella Martin ()
Date: July 15, 2005 07:08PM

How is Don going to bear up under this loss? This was there time together, son growing into his own at school, Freda starting a new career, a home at the beach, I listened to the macho, sexist stuff on the show hoping Freda would call in and hold their feet to the fire!!!! Freda you are missed more than anyone will ever know!!!! How would her tickets contributed in any way to the way she was killed???? Poor, poor Don and big Freda and Bart. I wish I could do or say a thing that would help bring her back. Perhaps we could all be a bit kinder to each other and drive a bit slower and safer in her memory???

Date: July 15, 2005 09:07PM

My heart goes out to the Wright and Sorce families in their hour of need. We never know when the Creator Wants us to be at His side, however painful that may be. Freda isin a better place right now and, God willing, Don will reunite with her when his time comes.

Posted by: sequeneretao ()
Date: July 16, 2005 12:30AM

I haven't been listening as long as many of you..only about three years now. I was floored when I heard the news of Freda's death. I immediately put myself in Mike's (Don) place. I know how I would feel if the same happened to my wife. It would be one of the, if not THE, biggest losses of my life. I pray for Mike and Bart as well as the Wright family. She was a classy lady and the world will not be the same without her.

Re: Freda and Fairfax
Posted by: Rayna ()
Date: July 16, 2005 02:15AM

I wonder how the show will be after this? I miss Fairfax, I live in Sacramento now and was very happy when I heard something from good ole Fairfax was on the airwaves here. Condolences to the Source family and the WJFK family and listeners, they are still the Radio Gods in my book. "The show must go on"

Posted by: Rayna ()
Date: July 16, 2005 02:57AM

David Haines was on the show, too. How did he pass away?

holy shit
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 16, 2005 08:05AM

i gotta say this thread has gotten the most attention... there are like 9000 views. damn.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: July 16, 2005 12:14PM

I believe Mr. Haines had been battling cancer.

Posted by: Music by Matt ()
Date: July 16, 2005 01:47PM

Doni with an "I".. Are thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son..

Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.