HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Sports Junkies
Date: October 03, 2010 03:13PM

Mayonayze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AM980 to work and back. 1067's entire line-up is
> fucking turd on toast. the junkies were
> uninteresting and irrelevant 7 years ago. i dont
> understand how they are still on the air.

Agreed. I don't know what their contract is with CBS, but the fact that the guy who hired them is subsidizing his income with occasional weekend gigs in Annapolis speaks volumes. They are not Top 20 market drive-time talent. They should have never been given a morning drive slot on a station the caliber of WJFK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 05, 2010 09:03PM

I listened to EB and JP debate the Redskins with Lurch today and have come to the conclusion that EB and JP are borderline retarded. I don't mean that as a joke. I literally think they have IQs in the 70-79 range, which would qualify them as borderline retarded. I would place JP nearer to 79 and EB closer to 70.

EB (or JP, I can't tell half the time) was arguing with Lurch and said "The Eagles are better than the Packers." Lurch then said, "But the Packers beat Philly" and EB (or JP) said, "But you said the Rams were better than the Redskins and the Rams beat the Redskins in a game."

The rest of the segment, Lurch tried to explain to EB (or JP) the concept of logic. But EB (or JP) just got more and more aggravated because he (or he) was TOO FUCKING STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE SOUNDED LIKE A FUCKING MORON!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: October 05, 2010 09:12PM

I can't wait till friday when Chris Cooley comes in and feeds them some crow pie

Date: October 05, 2010 09:17PM

Hatemotor Wrote:
> I can't wait till friday when Chris Cooley comes
> in and feeds them some crow pie

That was another example. EB (or JP) was saying that Cooley and Celek were a wash when matched up. Cooley tried to explain to EB (or JP) that the offense of one team doesn't play the offense of the other team. The argument was Cooley getting frustrated dealing with a borderline retard radio host who doesn't understand sports even though HE WORKS ON A FUCKING SPORTS TALK RADIO STATION!

Lurch knows what he is talking about. I guess Cakes does, too, to a certain degree. But the closest EB should come to working at a radio station is emptying the waste baskets at night while JP vacuums.

Posted by: Mayonayze ()
Date: October 05, 2010 09:19PM

sorry for your temporary lapse in judgement in thinking you would find anything other than a long since played out tard-carnival.

Date: October 05, 2010 09:23PM

Mayonayze Wrote:
> sorry for your temporary lapse in judgement in
> thinking you would find anything other than a long
> since played out tard-carnival.

To be honest, I always thought they were just bad at radio. I don't think I realized just how stupid EB and JP were. I mean, besides being "stupid" in terms of bad judgment in their personal lives. I'm talking low IQ.

Date: October 05, 2010 09:26PM

It would be interesting to hear the show if it were just Lurch and Cakes,,

I think the fan had actually considered this idea right before the format flip

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: October 06, 2010 10:46AM

They should have put Lurch, Cakes, and Chad Dukes on the morning show and given EB, JP, and Lavar helmets so that they don't bang their heads and lose the few brains cells they have left.

Posted by: 804 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 11:55AM

They also said the Redskins were great on defense and shut down Jackson and Maclin, yet Kolb never even looked for them and just threw check downs to McCoy. The broadcast even showed several replays where Jackson was wide open down field but Kolb never looked his way. They don't know shit about the x's and o's of football or what teams and players are relevant. They base everything off of what happened 10 years ago (when the Junkies were relevant) and never bother to watch games or learn more about the game.

Posted by: Doing EBs wife ()
Date: October 06, 2010 12:35PM

I'm doing EBs wife..I can send pics if you want..I also have a video of her blowing me and eatting my cum.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: October 06, 2010 12:51PM

Not to defend the "donk" JP, but I do believe that he went to law school and passed the bar exam at some point. Perhaps so many years being around the rest of the Junks has reduced his IQ to barely literate.

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Mayonayze Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sorry for your temporary lapse in judgement in
> > thinking you would find anything other than a
> long
> > since played out tard-carnival.
>
>
> To be honest, I always thought they were just bad
> at radio. I don't think I realized just how stupid
> EB and JP were. I mean, besides being "stupid" in
> terms of bad judgment in their personal lives. I'm
> talking low IQ.

Date: October 06, 2010 01:15PM

Yabels Wrote:
> Not to defend the "donk" JP, but I do believe that
> he went to law school and passed the bar exam at
> some point. Perhaps so many years being around the
> rest of the Junks has reduced his IQ to barely
> literate.
>
>
>

Some of the stupidest people I know are lawyers. There is something about law school that seems to fuck certain people up. I don't know what it is, but it's like they have limited brain capacity to begin with and the whole "common sense" part gets pushed out of their head during law school.

Date: October 06, 2010 01:16PM

804 Wrote:
> They also said the Redskins were great on defense
> and shut down Jackson and Maclin, yet Kolb never
> even looked for them and just threw check downs to
> McCoy. The broadcast even showed several replays
> where Jackson was wide open down field but Kolb
> never looked his way. They don't know shit about
> the x's and o's of football or what teams and
> players are relevant. They base everything off of
> what happened 10 years ago (when the Junkies were
> relevant) and never bother to watch games or learn
> more about the game.

Today EB was going on about "how are the Patriots supposed to win the SuperBowl without Randy Moss?"

Er...like the three other times they won the SuperBowl without Randy Moss?

Fucktard.

Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: October 07, 2010 01:46AM

You ever been in a bar trying to watch a game when some 20 somethings at next table start doing an effing Junkies imitation only they're serious aaarrrggghhh

I'd rather hear some 20 something girls try talking sports because they seem to be genuinely trying to learn

i think the loss of Kevin Faulk might have been a bigger blow to Patriots than dumping locker room cancer Randy Moss

Brady said nothing this time in support of Moss did he?

Date: October 07, 2010 06:54AM

I've had the chance to listen to the Junks the past week as my schedule has changed lately. I really, really liked them in the past, when they were on nights especially. I'm just a regular listener, so I don't know what makes "good radio" or not, I just turn the dial if I don't like it. But, Jesus, the Junks are old hat. I liked the idea of 4 local guys/friends acting and talking shit about the same stuff I do with my friends. Its just old and stale now. It seems to me they're under the false impression that they're famous or important or matter. Assuming WTL is correct with their contract expiring soon and their poor rankings, will they (even some of them) be renewed?

This week I've noticed local morning radio sucks and if I need to listen to it I'm gonna look into XM/Sirus/whatever it is now.

Date: October 07, 2010 07:08AM

Emeritus Q. Beaker Wrote:
> I've had the chance to listen to the Junks the
> past week as my schedule has changed lately. I
> really, really liked them in the past, when they
> were on nights especially. I'm just a regular
> listener, so I don't know what makes "good radio"
> or not, I just turn the dial if I don't like it.
> But, Jesus, the Junks are old hat. I liked the
> idea of 4 local guys/friends acting and talking
> shit about the same stuff I do with my friends.
> Its just old and stale now. It seems to me they're
> under the false impression that they're famous or
> important or matter. Assuming WTL is correct with
> their contract expiring soon and their poor
> rankings, will they (even some of them) be
> renewed?
>
> This week I've noticed local morning radio sucks
> and if I need to listen to it I'm gonna look into
> XM/Sirus/whatever it is now.

Their ratings have improved somewhat (they still can't break into the Top 10 after five years of trying, though). I can't imagine CBS in NY is keen on WJFK paying $1 million+ to this group of under-performers for another contract. I hear this shit about how hard it would be to replace them, but 99.5 brought Kane in without too much consternation. You can' tell me there isn't better, cheaper talent out there in a Top 50 market that could be brought in to take their place for much less than what they are being paid.

Posted by: Richard J. ()
Date: October 07, 2010 08:51AM

Inside information says the Junks next contract will be for $100k per year each. Ouch.

Date: October 07, 2010 09:06AM

Richard J. Wrote:
> Inside information says the Junks next contract
> will be for $100k per year each. Ouch.

If it's true, it sounds about right.

Date: October 07, 2010 04:28PM

What a way to go out on a limb against one of the most powerful men in DC...

ESPN's "E-60" Tuesday profile of Redskins owner Dan Snyder leaned heavily on the positive. Writes Dan Steinberg at washingtonpost.com: "The only critic shown was 106.7 The Fan's Eric Bickel, who talked to ESPN producers for more than an hour but was shown just for a few seconds early in the piece..." Bickel is part of WJFK's Junkies. Snyder owns WJFK's sports talk rival, WTEM.....

The fact that this guy didn't have enough common sense to know how this would turn out further reinforces my belief that he has an IQ near 70.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 07, 2010 05:34PM

Richard J. Wrote:
> Inside information says the Junks next contract
> will be for $100k per year each. Ouch.

JP is gonna be hating it. Alimony + high maintenance whore girlfriend + child support + 100K = broke.

Date: October 07, 2010 06:16PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> Richard J. Wrote:
> -----
> > Inside information says the Junks next contract
> > will be for $100k per year each. Ouch.
>
>
> JP is gonna be hating it. Alimony + high
> maintenance whore girlfriend + child support +
> 100K = broke.

If JP is lucky, the cheerleader will leave before she sucks him dry.

But something tells me Ed Hardy boy's luck has run out.

Posted by: smlpns ()
Date: October 07, 2010 07:02PM

100K sounds about right.to be honest, its still too much for the job they do. Damn good pay for the product they deliver.

Posted by: Decisions, Decisions ()
Date: October 07, 2010 08:30PM

Yes, very generous compensation when you factor in that it is "x4" for the show. I fully expect a couple of them to bail if that is what it comes in at, as they can not support "the lifestyle that they are accustomed to" on 100K. Those that bail may find that there is no greener grass in the pastures of the DC Metro Area.

Date: October 07, 2010 08:59PM

Decisions, Decisions Wrote:
> Yes, very generous compensation when you factor in
> that it is "x4" for the show. I fully expect a
> couple of them to bail if that is what it comes in
> at, as they can not support "the lifestyle that
> they are accustomed to" on 100K. Those that bail
> may find that there is no greener grass in the
> pastures of the DC Metro Area.

I recommend they check out the status of the Spewak household before turning anything down. Pride is a bitch with long-term memory.

Posted by: Junks are Marginal ()
Date: October 09, 2010 10:22PM

I find the junkies entertaining, but they sound lame a lot of the time. For instance, when they talk about girls, you can tell they have very little experience with them. It's like each of them they married the first piece of pussy that came their way, and it's embarassing the listen to.

Sun dress sillies is also a really bad radio. They should drop that bit. Listeners can go to the web if thay want to be a boner, not listen to a bunch of horny DJ's describe women is dresses.

Date: October 10, 2010 02:23AM

Junks are Marginal Wrote:

> Listeners can go to the
> web if thay want to be a boner, not listen to a
> bunch of horny DJ's describe women is dresses.

i dont want to be a boner

Date: October 12, 2010 01:53PM

Texting shots of your ball sack to women you don't know is "flirting."

So says "The Junkies."

file.php?2,file=9062,filename=Junkie.gif

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: October 12, 2010 03:46PM

> Texting shots of your ball sack to women you don't
> know is "flirting."
>

$400,000 a year for 'talent' that yields OK ratings numbers is at max in the new radio economy.

The Junks better cue up a boatload of apperances to make up the difference between their new contract and the good 'ol days.

Oh, if Bob Eatman can actually get a $400K package from CBS for the Junks, that's the good news. The bad news is that an agent like Eatman ain't takin' less than 20% to close the deal with CBS so los Junkitos are looking south of $100K at the end of the day for CBS compensation. Oh well, at least they'll have health care!

Note to Junkie wives: If you ain't workin' now girlfriends, get that resume tuned up!!

Note to JP: Too bad your separation agreement was based on your old contract. Money may get a little tight in 2011!! Maybe your new girl can pick up some primo shifts at Camelot or Good Guys? Watch out tho - some other DC radio talent with mad lady skills may be lurching, oops, lurking to snatch her away! (Hmm, did I say 'snatch'?.....)

Posted by: John holmes ()
Date: October 12, 2010 03:57PM

Is that the final deal? to be honest, not a bad paycheck for the product they deliver. Looks like the king of ashburn is losing his crown

Date: October 12, 2010 04:00PM

John holmes Wrote:
> Is that the final deal? to be honest, not a bad
> paycheck for the product they deliver. Looks like
> the king of ashburn is losing his crown

Heh. EB is stupid, but I don't think he mortgaged the fucking farm to buy his pad. Neither did Cakes. But, yes, Lurch and JP are fucked on the financial front.

Posted by: Eli ()
Date: January 03, 2011 12:07PM

Conie takes it in the butt hut.

Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: January 04, 2011 09:17AM

EB is the biggest moron for thinking that Bangbus and Backroom Casting Couch are real and unscripted.

Posted by: youallareidiots ()
Date: January 07, 2011 01:45AM

You guys are missing the point, the junks never ascribe that they are experts on 99 % of the topics they talk about. They are just stating their opinions.....you are free to disagree with what ever you want. Just cause you assholes think that you are so scary smart and probally filled with a little bit of jealousy that you are not capable of doing what they do on a daily basis. If all of you criticizing fuckers are so talented go put together a demo cd and start sending it out to radio stations and see how quick you talentless hacks get your fucking awesome show gets picked up. The junkies have been doing thier show for 13 years. Many of which in a top 5 radio market. If their salaries do get cut it has to do more with the economy and the current state of radio than their talent. In case you havent noticed they are one of the few shows that survived the round of firings that delt with the high priced talent. There are not many if any high priced hosts left. Look at Adam Carolla for example, one of the most talented radio show hosts out there who got fired with salary being a major reason behind it. Now admittedly I am a Junkies fan, but i cant stand uninformed ignorant bastards who have no idea of how terrible radio is in other parts of the country, saying that the junks have no talent. They are better than 95 percent of the shows out there and hopefully CBS realizes the talent they have and dont make a huge mistake.

Posted by: one more thing ()
Date: January 07, 2011 01:52AM

and by the way you pricks are still listening to the show to be able to come on here and complain about how horrible it is. Who is the real idiot here? If you dont like the show change the station.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:03AM

Any accurate info on the salaries these dbags make?

I had thought it was an easy 500k+ each....

Date: January 07, 2011 07:07AM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> Any accurate info on the salaries these dbags
> make?
>
> I had thought it was an easy 500k+ each....

$265k each. And as for how great they are (previous poster) the Junkies failed at every slot/station they had previous to their current gig. And as for that current gig, they have never broken the Top 10 and have consistently hovered around 15th place...competing with syndicated shit like M&M. THAT is why they are looking at a paycut...because they don't deliver ratings. Finally, you can't offer an opinion if you don't have some idea of what you are talking about. That's why these guys sound like complete idiots.

Posted by: you all are ()
Date: January 08, 2011 11:18AM

Well I am really curious if you can provide the link to where your ratings information comes from because it is very easy to quote stats and figures without providing the source of the information and its accuracy. Now are the figures that you are looking at for overall ratings, or for men 25-54 which is the target demo for a show like the junks as well as many MENS talk shows. They admittedly have very few female listeners, and this number has decreased even more since the station has become a sports talk station. It would be hard for the station as a whole to compete in the overall ratings with stations that have a wider listening audience such as a news station or some music stations. Furthermore CBS radio does not have any problem firing underperforming talent. When stern left the station over 4 years ago the junks were just one of the replacements that were chosen for the big market cities. All but the junks were brought in from outside the city they were being brodcast from. The junkies are the only show left standing from that time period today. David lee roth for example was fired in 6 months in NYC and all of the other major cities in the FREE FM experiment fired the morning shows with in 2 years. If the junks have been such underperformers and have no talent why are they still here. Not to mention why would a show get promoted from a weekend show, to weeknights to a morning show, then to the replacement show for stern where they have been since. It doesnt seem to me that a show that has "Failed in every time slot/station prior to their previous gig" would get promoted to mornings and hold that position (Arguablely the most important in radio) for almost 8 years. Considering that they lost one station due to a format flip, that doesnt jive with calling it a failure. The junks entertain.....even if that entertainment is sometimes laughing at how retarded they are. Even the people who bitch about how retarded they are seem to listen, and this shows that love them or hate em they have an impact. You dont last for 13 years in a top 5 market if you have no talent and dont make money for the company.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 08, 2011 11:24AM

You hear that people? They made it! They survived! And THEY'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!

Date: January 08, 2011 12:15PM

you all are Wrote:
> You dont last for 13
> years in a top 5 market if you have no talent and
> dont make money for the company.

First, DC is not a Top 5 DMA. If you are one of the Junkies, or work with them, it underscores how fucking stupid you are.

Second, 8 of those 13 years involved the Junkies working for practically nothing in day-parts nobody gave a shit about (evenings and middays). As for the current post-Stern run, the reason Roth and Carolla were cut was because they were being paid significantly more money than the Junkies in much more competitive markets.

Third, The Junkies don't make money for WJFK. If they did, CBS wouldn't be talking about slashing their contract in half and the Junkies wouldn't be talking about jumping to satellite.

Finally, as for the men 25-whatever argument, the fact is the Junkies aren't #1 with that audience and the income breakout of the portion they do reach only appeals to Eastern Motors and bars. The big dollar demo is listening to WTOP, WAMU, DC101, etc. The Junkies audience consists of delivery truck drivers and construction workers.

Posted by: Your Mom's Box ()
Date: January 08, 2011 06:27PM

Re: Third, The Junkies don't make money for WJFK. If they did, CBS wouldn't be talking about slashing their contract in half.

Really? CBS is talking about slashing their contract in half? Where have you read, heard, or seen that? Prove it.

They were #1 at night, #1 in midday, and DCRTV has reported numerous times in the last year that they were #2 to WTOP among men 25-54.

DC is a top 10 market, and has been pointed out over and over again, they've been working full time here since 1997. There are very few shows that have lasted that long and are still around. Whether you like the Junkies, or Jack Diamond, or The Sports Reporters, or Tony Kornheiser, etc., there are apparently enough people in their target audience who do, and their stations are clearly making enough money off of them to keep them around. Your reasoning just defies fact and logic.

Posted by: Dont listen anymore ()
Date: January 08, 2011 11:09PM

times have changed alot and their show really hasnt changed with it. when they first came on they were new and fresh and didnt have much competition - only local radio. they really havent changed their show at all, if anything its gone down in quality, and with satellite radio instead of having two or three competitors they have dozens if not a hundred.

Date: January 09, 2011 09:57AM

Your Mom's Box Wrote:

>
> Really? CBS is talking about slashing their
> contract in half? Where have you read, heard, or
> seen that? Prove it.

Every read DCRTV?

>
> They were #1 at night, #1 in midday, and DCRTV has
> reported numerous times in the last year that they
> were #2 to WTOP among men 25-54.
>

I don't know if the Junkies were ever #1 anywhere. But if they did well at night and on middays at WJFK, it was because they followed D&M and Howard Stern. When they had their own shot at morning drive on WHFS, they failed miserably. And they haven't been #1 in any key demo their entire time at WJFK in the mornings.

> DC is a top 10 market, and has been pointed out
> over and over again, they've been working full
> time here since 1997.

Most of that time making nothing or next to nothing. I'm sure Peter Rosenberg has been working full-time for a long time, too.

> There are very few shows
> that have lasted that long and are still around.

Counting cable access?

> Whether you like the Junkies, or Jack Diamond, or
> The Sports Reporters, or Tony Kornheiser, etc.,
> there are apparently enough people in their target
> audience who do, and their stations are clearly
> making enough money off of them to keep them
> around. Your reasoning just defies fact and logic.

CBS fired Mike O'Meara for similar ratings at less compensation because he was too expensive. The Junkies are bristling because CBS is giving them the option of a pay cut on the next contract. The fact is CBS could stick Holden Kushner and a couple of other guys in that slot for less money and have just as shitty ratings as the Junkies...and CBS should probably do just that.

Date: January 09, 2011 09:58AM

Dont listen anymore Wrote:
> times have changed alot and their show really
> hasnt changed with it. when they first came on
> they were new and fresh and didnt have much
> competition - only local radio. they really
> havent changed their show at all, if anything its
> gone down in quality, and with satellite radio
> instead of having two or three competitors they
> have dozens if not a hundred.

They don't even bother keeping up with sports anymore. A hell of a thing for a show that bills itself as "The Sports Junkies."

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 09, 2011 03:25PM

> CBS fired Mike O'Meara for similar ratings at less
> compensation because he was too expensive. The
> Junkies are bristling because CBS is giving them
> the option of a pay cut on the next contract. The
> fact is CBS could stick Holden Kushner and a
> couple of other guys in that slot for less money
> and have just as shitty ratings as the
> Junkies...and CBS should probably do just that.

I really liked Kushner when he hosted the Overtime show after Lavar and Dukes. I haven't listened to him since he joined Mike Wise though. I would probably tune in to listen to him in the mornings, honestly. WJFK is still in my programmed radio stations but I would rather listen to commercials on other stations than listen to it 99% of the time, regardless of what show is on.

Really, morning drive in DC is a sad state of affairs right now. I have been reduced to listening to Elliot because that is THE BEST THERE IS for straight talk-DJ entertainment.

Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: January 14, 2011 10:34AM

http://yfrog.com/gyg5fvdj

There is JPs interest now. That and child support payments.

Posted by: SCank ()
Date: January 14, 2011 10:44AM

What a skank.. she looks nasty with all that caked-on make up and fake tanned leatherly skin... nasty!

Posted by: Jumps Around ()
Date: January 14, 2011 11:26AM

They can be characterized by what I heard this morning. Not that M&M are significantly better but on the drive in, at the same time, M&M had Nnamdi Asomugha providing predictions for this weekend. The Sports Junkies had BDK providing his expert opinion.

Posted by: CT Raceznslotz ()
Date: January 14, 2011 11:43AM

Absolutely! Mailing it in far too much...It has become a joke.

Leadership has had it as well...

Date: January 14, 2011 12:19PM

SCank Wrote:
> What a skank.. she looks nasty with all that
> caked-on make up and fake tanned leatherly skin...
> nasty!

The chick is in her late 20s and already looks 40. Expect her to hit a major wall at 35. By then, JP will be trolling for younger fish.

Date: January 14, 2011 12:21PM

Jumps Around Wrote:
> They can be characterized by what I heard this
> morning. Not that M&M are significantly better
> but on the drive in, at the same time, M&M had
> Nnamdi Asomugha providing predictions for this
> weekend. The Sports Junkies had BDK providing his
> expert opinion.

Greenie is pretty obnoxious. But at least you get the impression that he cares and tries to do a good job. Also M&M can get pretty much any guest they want. The Junkies spend a lot of time reminiscing about shit they did in college and online poker. Really fucking boring shit.

Date: January 17, 2011 07:43AM

I was reviewing some old files and was reminded that the Junkies signed a 3 year contract about the same time that O'Meara got jettisoned at wjfk. Wasn't that about a year and a half ago? so the contract talk by the junkies was a lame attempt to create some controvesy on what has turned into a deadly dull show(get it junkie slang) or is thee a sanity clause from cbs that has some kind of option

When EB does the voiceover work for all his commercials(can you say whore) its sounds to me like he's all so proud to prove he can actually read

Date: January 17, 2011 07:50AM

wally pip Wrote:

>
> When EB does the voiceover work for all his
> commercials(can you say whore) its sounds to me
> like he's all so proud to prove he can actually
> read

EB doesn't do "voiceovers." He does "yell overs." He yells instead of speaks. It's very annoying.

Posted by: dont get it ()
Date: January 17, 2011 01:31PM

"was a lame attempt to create some controvesy on what has turned into a deadly dull show(get it junkie slang)"

How is that junkies slang assbag??

Date: January 17, 2011 01:59PM

is assbag part of the junkies venacular?

i have been eating too much roughage lately

Posted by: abe gibron ()
Date: January 20, 2011 05:44AM

Suppose CBS offered EB a 50% increase in his salary but he'd have to work without the rest of the junkies. Think he'd take the offer?

Date: January 20, 2011 07:08AM

abe gibron Wrote:
> Suppose CBS offered EB a 50% increase in his
> salary but he'd have to work without the rest of
> the junkies. Think he'd take the offer?

No. But then again, he seems to have a very low IQ.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: January 20, 2011 07:31AM

abe gibron Wrote:

Good question, and one that has probably been going through all of their heads for quite some time.

For what it's worth, here is my (uneducated) take on this: WJFK/Fan, of course, is a sports format which means they have a solid/stable but quite inelastic(relative to the talent) built in portion of the market as well as a readily made advertising base. For this reason it is my belief that paying big $$$'s for big name talent simply is not a good return on investment in this instant.

If CBS comes to this same conclusion (which is undeniably the trend in talk radio) I believe that they will make a business decicion to slash the morning time payroll significantly with the expectation that they will not experience a proportional drop off in ratings>>>revenue. This is not rocket science here.

Realistically, how many of the Fan's listeners would stop listening if, say, Cakes was gone? <<<now payroll is at 75% saving roughly just over $250K/year

How about Cakes and Lurch gone? <<<now payroll is at 50% saving just over $500k/year.

Now would EB take a 50% pay raise and say bye-bye to the other 3?
My guess: Probably. BTW, this would put the (talent portion) of the payroll at 37.5% And I believe that if CBS did decide to keep only 1, EB would be the one they would keep.

Would CBS offer this? Who knows.

My guess is that after this contract is up, only 2(maaayyybeee 3) of the Junkies will be kept on. And I would think that the ones that are kept would also have to take a fairly significant, but not humiliating, paycut. Maybe 20% so that each is getting $200K/year if CBS keeps 2 of the 4. A greater paycut if CBS keeps 3 of the 4

My best guess as to the value of the junkies from most to least is EB, Lurch,and Cakes and JP tied for 3/4.

Date: January 20, 2011 01:49PM

EB is terrible. When he opens his mouth, he sounds like a fucking dolt. It's like hearing Terry Schaivo if she were suddenly able to talk while still having massive brain damage.

The only one with any knowledge and a modicum of talent is Lurch. Fire all of those idiots and keep Lurch on a show with a couple of reporter/athlete types.

Posted by: mr. deez ()
Date: January 20, 2011 02:07PM

"Now would EB take a 50% pay raise and say bye-bye to the other 3?
My guess: Probably. BTW, this would put the (talent portion) of the payroll at 37.5% And I believe that if CBS did decide to keep only 1, EB would be the one they would keep."

EB couldn't do a show all by himself though, it'd be even more of a train-wreck than 4 guys talking over each other.

I agree with WTL that if they make cuts, Lurch won't/shouldn't be among them. He adds the most accurate and broadest amount of sports knowledge of the group....Which isn't saying a lot, but hey.

Posted by: Dandy Don ()
Date: January 20, 2011 02:57PM

Oftentimes JP will go 30 minutes without saying a word. Sometimes I think he's out that day, then he'll chime in about something before drifting off to sleep again. 250K+ for that???

Date: January 20, 2011 02:58PM

Dandy Don Wrote:
> Oftentimes JP will go 30 minutes without saying a
> word. Sometimes I think he's out that day, then
> he'll chime in about something before drifting off
> to sleep again. 250K+ for that???

But..but...he INSPIRES the TEAM!

Date: January 20, 2011 03:31PM

The junkies have been a bore fest since the Redskin's season ended,,,somebody tell these idiots no one wants to hear middle age "men" talk about sex/porn like teenagers,,,,I know it's always been part of their formula but they need to realize it's time to move on to other topics,,,

And no one gives a fuck about E.B.'s endless T.V. purchases,,,,

14 T.V.s? Really? There's enough good programming on these days to justify 14 T.V.s?

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: January 21, 2011 02:55PM

abe gibron Wrote:

Whats the reason for EB? I think Lurch tends to ask the best sports related questions to guests and provides the most objective analysis on a regular basis. He also has a background in broadcast journalism from his days at Salisbury and least played DI basketball at Univ. Richmond.

Only downside is he seems to be the most apathetic.

Date: January 22, 2011 12:53AM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> abe gibron Wrote:
> -----
> > Suppose CBS offered EB a 50% increase in his
> > salary but he'd have to work without the rest
> of
> > the junkies. Think he'd take the offer?
>
>
> Whats the reason for EB? I think Lurch tends to
> ask the best sports related questions to guests
> and provides the most objective analysis on a
> regular basis. He also has a background in
> broadcast journalism from his days at Salisbury
> and least played DI basketball at Univ. Richmond.
>
> Only downside is he seems to be the most
> apathetic.

Lurch wouldn't show up for half the broadcasts.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 22, 2011 01:57AM

I love how JP got uncomfortable about the porn segment yesterday morning. As if his grimy ass as ethical standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 02:45AM by Stinkfist.

Posted by: abe gibron ()
Date: January 22, 2011 02:44AM

I'm not a fan of EB at all. His sports knowledge is mediocre but the dude runs his mouth like nobody else. He pushes the sports Junkie show along. Of the 4 seems like he's the one with the most energy to carry on alone. I agree Lurch is most sports knowledgeable but host a show by himself no way. JP hahahahahahahah. Maybe keep cakes on as a sidekick for EB.

Date: January 22, 2011 09:52AM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> I love how JP got uncomfortable about the porn
> segment yesterday morning. As if his grimy ass as
> ethical standards.

Cheating on his wife and abandoning his kids for a skank = Ethical

Date: January 24, 2011 11:41AM

> Stinkfist Wrote:
> -----
> > I love how JP got uncomfortable about the porn
> > segment yesterday morning. As if his grimy ass
> as
> > ethical standards.
>
>
> Cheating on his wife and abandoning his kids for a
> skank = Ethical

It been confirmed that he's since moved on to another skank, right?

I met JP in person once, exchanged a few words and wanted to slap the shit out of him.

Date: January 26, 2011 06:36PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:

>
> It been confirmed that he's since moved on to
> another skank, right?
>
> I met JP in person once, exchanged a few words and
> wanted to slap the shit out of him.

No, he's still dating her, their pictures are all over her twitter account.

Date: January 26, 2011 06:58PM

abe gibron Wrote:
> I'm not a fan of EB at all. His sports knowledge
> is mediocre but the dude runs his mouth like
> nobody else. He pushes the sports Junkie show
> along. Of the 4 seems like he's the one with the
> most energy to carry on alone. I agree Lurch is
> most sports knowledgeable but host a show by
> himself no way. JP hahahahahahahah. Maybe keep
> cakes on as a sidekick for EB.

This is precisely why I think EB would make the best host when CBS has to choose which to keep. I also agree that Lurch is the most knowledgeable about sports but I don't see him working as the single go to guy. He's fine with three others but as the top dog, I think it would not work.

Posted by: JP IS Le ghey ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:00AM

Here are some more gems from jp's boo boo bear off of her twitter.
Attachments:
jp is the ghey.jpg
jp dancing with whores audition.jpg

Date: January 28, 2011 11:46AM

JP IS Le ghey Wrote:
> Here are some more gems from jp's boo boo bear off
> of her twitter.

JP has the longest thumbs I have ever seen in my life.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:48AM

What a douche

Date: January 28, 2011 03:53PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
> JP IS Le ghey Wrote:
> -----
> > Here are some more gems from jp's boo boo bear
> off
> > of her twitter.
>
> JP has the longest thumbs I have ever seen in my
> life.

His hands are about as big as his head. No wonder the ladies like him so bad.

Date: January 28, 2011 03:54PM

> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> -----
> > JP IS Le ghey Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Here are some more gems from jp's boo boo
> bear
> > off
> > > of her twitter.
> >
> > JP has the longest thumbs I have ever seen in
> my
> > life.
>
>
> His hands are about as big as his head. No wonder
> the ladies like him so bad.

Doesn't EB rip on on JP for having a tiny head?

Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: January 29, 2011 01:10AM

The show would be so much better if it were just Cakes and Lurch. During the Christmas special somebody texted that their favorite Junkies moment of the year was when JP got divorced and he just went silent like the life was sucked out of him.

Date: January 29, 2011 12:51PM

BrandonVA Wrote:
> The show would be so much better if it were just
> Cakes and Lurch. During the Christmas special
> somebody texted that their favorite Junkies moment
> of the year was when JP got divorced and he just
> went silent like the life was sucked out of him.

LOL!

Posted by: Junkster ()
Date: February 01, 2011 08:03PM

anybody know who got arrested at WJFK last weekend? Was it Rocky Parrish?
Also I once heard a rumor that JP had gotten a girl pregnant back in the HFS days

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 01, 2011 08:28PM

BrandonVA Wrote:
> The show would be so much better if it were just
> Cakes and Lurch. During the Christmas special
> somebody texted that their favorite Junkies moment
> of the year was when JP got divorced and he just
> went silent like the life was sucked out of him.

I totally LOL'd at that. I wish that it was on an on-air comment and that we could listen to it.

Date: February 01, 2011 08:47PM

Here is a funny picture of one John Auville.
Attachments:
l_6ce08485f2aa49d382f0bdc40025b91b.jpg

Date: February 01, 2011 08:49PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> Here is a funny picture of one John Auville.

He DOES have a smoking wife!

Oh, wait...

Posted by: daryl porn ()
Date: February 02, 2011 02:08AM

You mean senorita jessie ain't already sucked the life outta him already
badda bing

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 11, 2011 12:09PM

The junkies mentioned this thread/site this morning and said you guys are all a bunch of donkeys that don't know anything.

Date: February 11, 2011 12:40PM

More Complete Wrote:
> The junkies mentioned this thread/site this
> morning and said you guys are all a bunch of
> donkeys that don't know anything.

At what time? I want to listen and laugh at those silly donks.

Posted by: I'm a donkey ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:20PM

I heard it too. It was around 8:30 AM.

Posted by: Rick ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:25PM

http://podcastrss.play.it/the-sports-junkies_mp3_32.xml

2/11 Seg. 08- Donkeys of the Week
Friday, February 11, 2011 11:50 AM
Donkeys of the Week

Date: February 11, 2011 01:44PM

More Complete Wrote:
> The junkies mentioned this thread/site this
> morning and said you guys are all a bunch of
> donkeys that don't know anything.

Sounds like they spend a lot of time reading shit on this Forum. Obviously some of it must be true if they feel compelled to keep tabs on it. At least they admit they read it, unlike MOM who does, but won't bring it up on the air.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:55PM

>
> Sounds like they spend a lot of time reading shit
> on this Forum. Obviously some of it must be true
> if they feel compelled to keep tabs on it. At
> least they admit they read it, unlike MOM who
> does, but won't bring it up on the air.

To be fair, it’s hard to say if they spend “a lot of time†here or “keep tabs†on anything posted. You could probably read all the junkies related posts on this site in less than an hour. I did get a kick out of them mentioning it though. It was light hearted enough. It doesn’t seem they take themselves or these posts too seriously.

Date: February 11, 2011 02:03PM

More Complete Wrote:

>
> To be fair, it’s hard to say if they spend “a
> lot of time†here or “keep tabs†on anything
> posted. You could probably read all the junkies
> related posts on this site in less than an hour. I
> did get a kick out of them mentioning it though.
> It was light hearted enough. It doesn’t seem
> they take themselves or these posts too seriously.

I think they take themselves pretty seriously, given how they fight about stupid shit on the air, like what time JP shows up at the studio. As for this forum, I don't think they take it as seriously as Mike does....not yet, anyway.

Date: February 11, 2011 03:47PM

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d0/dW/dT/dA/d2/WTA2_4.MP3?authtok=5561376553332262183_l8DDiXdffOJhfm7Kk3JoPi0r4Q

Go to the 9 min mark.

At least they have the guts to call us out. They mention the site by name and DEFINATELY refer to cooments on THIS thread.

Posted by: my what for ()
Date: February 11, 2011 05:32PM

too me Sport Junkies =zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: 804 ()
Date: February 11, 2011 08:07PM

That thermostat story was money!

Date: February 11, 2011 08:08PM

It's interesting to hear that they haven't heard an offer from CBS. That's usually a sign that they won't be seeing an offer at all.

Date: February 15, 2011 08:05PM

I was reading another thread and saw some posts about JP taking his 10 year old daughter to a Wizards game and expects her to pay for any snacks or memorabelia,,

I thought it sounded kind of fucked, so I went to the Fan and listened to the podcast,,,,

It was way worse than I thought,,,,to listen to this jackass talk about money and drag his daughter into this psychology just blew my mind

He put me and every other listener on FULL ON MONKEY TILT,,,Cakes wife called in and was nearly in tears,,,EB lost his mind

I suggest eveyone who reads this thread go listen to the podcast, it is UNBELIEVABLE

Lurch is father of the year compared to this ASS

JP FLAIM = Donk of the decade

****The podcast is worth listening to just to hear the callers rip him up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2011 08:13PM by Hatemotor.

Date: February 15, 2011 09:23PM

Hatemotor Wrote:
> I was reading another thread and saw some posts
> about JP taking his 10 year old daughter to a
> Wizards game and expects her to pay for any snacks
> or memorabelia,,
>
> I thought it sounded kind of fucked, so I went to
> the Fan and listened to the podcast,,,,
>
> It was way worse than I thought,,,,to listen to
> this jackass talk about money and drag his
> daughter into this psychology just blew my mind
>
> He put me and every other listener on FULL ON
> MONKEY TILT,,,Cakes wife called in and was nearly
> in tears,,,EB lost his mind
>
> I suggest eveyone who reads this thread go listen
> to the podcast, it is UNBELIEVABLE
>
> Lurch is father of the year compared to this ASS
>
> JP FLAIM = Donk of the decade
>
> ****The podcast is worth listening to just to hear
> the callers rip him up

A link would be nice. :)

Date: February 15, 2011 09:40PM

I still just type in wjfk,,,it takes you to the CBS website with the Fan listings

Date: February 15, 2011 09:45PM

Sounds like JP is being incredibly passive aggressive and is taking things out on his daughter, like she's his ex-wife or something. The guy needs a therapist.

Date: February 15, 2011 09:46PM

I found it. I wasn't sure if it was today's show you were talking about.

I'm gonna listen now. Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like there are 5 segments on this topic.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/the-sports-junkies/#

Posted by: man in the mirror ()
Date: February 15, 2011 10:04PM

> Sounds like JP is being incredibly passive
> aggressive and is taking things out on his
> daughter, like she's his ex-wife or something. The
> guy needs a therapist.

The same could be said for a person who comments three times in an hour on three different threads about someone they have never met.

Date: February 15, 2011 10:12PM

man in the mirror Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> -----
> > Sounds like JP is being incredibly passive
> > aggressive and is taking things out on his
> > daughter, like she's his ex-wife or something.
> The
> > guy needs a therapist.
>
> The same could be said for a person who comments
> three times in an hour on three different threads
> about someone they have never met.

Don't see the connection there,,,

We're commenting on what we heard on the show,,,I think WTL is accurate in his assessment based on WHAT I HEARD,,,and it clearly wasn't schtick

The other guys on the show and the callers were way harsher in their criticism

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.