HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
High school softball
Posted by: skip ()
Date: January 28, 2019 01:05PM

We are moving to the area and my daughter plays softball wants to go to college and probably can. Which schools have the better program. I see Madison has won a lot of states but hear the coach is a jerk and on his way out of the program.

Oakton's coach is a joke. Kids refuse to play for him.

Herndon is worse.
Chantilly is ok?
what about the rest??
Anybody?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High school softball
Posted by: Rise ball ()
Date: January 28, 2019 01:36PM

High schools are farm clubs for the major travel teams.

Posted by: skip ()
Date: January 28, 2019 01:52PM

what do you mean?

Posted by: Booster ()
Date: January 28, 2019 02:16PM

Chantilly and Westfields seem to have the best sports programs overall.

Posted by: Warhawks rule ()
Date: January 28, 2019 02:19PM

Madison girls basketball, soccer and softball all win too bad the boys teams can’t follow suit.

Posted by: Friday Night Fights ()
Date: January 28, 2019 05:12PM

Langley’s girls sport teams are usually competitive. LHS has the second highest SAT scores in the county. The McLean/Great Falls area is considered the best part of Fairfax County.

Posted by: Brock ()
Date: January 29, 2019 07:08PM

Warhawks rule-- Freshman girls lost to Oakton!!!

Posted by: Brock ()
Date: January 29, 2019 07:09PM

Langley and Mclean -- they just got in another fist fight at Mcdonalds… that's a great example and makes you want to send your kids there!

Posted by: PWC Softball ()
Date: January 29, 2019 09:05PM

Battlefield softball is good

Posted by: brock hillman ()
Date: February 26, 2019 04:28PM

Oakton's coach is nice but does not have a clue. Heard that he takes all that tryout. They needed a JV coach and at the parent meeting he stated that it was not required to have any more than "basic Knowledge" of the games that alot of the girls can't throw a ball. My daughter decided not to play for Oakton. Did not go to tryouts. She will just play travel. It's not worth playing down and risk her skill going down. So check out the program well. Wish Oakton would get it together and try to get better coaching. Heard they got a new Football coach. They won states in Swim and Dive. Basketball is steady and a force. Lacross and Soccer seem decent. Baseball is ok. get with it Oakton get someone who is not a idot of the game for softball. Heard he just placed girls not based on position but on friendships and who they knew. NO team for JV without a 3rd base or catcher. 2 pitchers. How is that gonna work. 3 pitchers on varsity. 2 of them are returning. they sucked last year gonna suck again.

Posted by: Mattress Land ()
Date: February 26, 2019 05:11PM

I saw Madison play Oakton last season. That was a shit show.

Posted by: Cha Cha harlem ()
Date: February 26, 2019 05:31PM

Most of what Oakton did was a Shit show!! Probably won't be any better this year. Same coach!

Posted by: Christine ()
Date: February 26, 2019 05:50PM

My daughter played for Oakton 15 but quit because of McCulla. She never picked up a bat again. bad Bad coaches are as influential as good coaches i guess.

Posted by: Danny Ice ()
Date: February 26, 2019 05:54PM

Agreed with all you folks on the Oakton thing. He never was a good coach. don't know why he stays. heard they were not going to have a JV team. Prob. would be better. We moved so our daughter could play for Madison. Older daughter played Oakton before McCulla, but our younger is now playing JV at Madison. She has friends at oakton still the difference in practice is amazing. weight room batting pitching and catching times. I kow oakton has construction issuse but it wasn't different before.

Posted by: Charmane ()
Date: February 26, 2019 06:58PM

Madison is the only team worth plqying for if your daughter wants to play anything but daddy ball

Posted by: buck Steel ()
Date: February 26, 2019 07:00PM

I would never let my daughter play JV at Oakton. It would be worse than playing house ball. If you daughter plays any kind of travel ball she SHOULD NOT PLAY JV and ESPICALLY For OAKTON OR HERDON.

Posted by: ....... ()
Date: February 27, 2019 08:06PM

It is legal for a man to identify as a female and share her locker/bathroom with her.

Welcome to VA.

Posted by: softball mom ()
Date: February 28, 2019 12:53PM

Madison is the powerhouse in Fairfax Cty public schools. Bishop O'Connell in the Catholic school system. BUT, high school not really a factor in recruiting. Travel team should be the focus.

Posted by: Softball ()
Date: March 02, 2019 07:19AM

Loudoun County is where it’s at for softball programs

Posted by: EJ ()
Date: March 03, 2019 05:30PM

Haha! People all over know what a jerk the coach is at Madison. The AD is in his pants. It's amazing the number of girls who do not want to play for him.

Posted by: Dick Van Dyke ()
Date: March 03, 2019 05:32PM

I’m sorry to hear that your daughter is a dyke. If you’re young enough to try again maybe you’ll have better luck the second time.

Posted by: Maestrodamus ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:52PM

EJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha! People all over know what a jerk the coach
> is at Madison. The AD is in his pants. It's
> amazing the number of girls who do not want to
> play for him.

That’s the issue with almost every good program at Madison - the coaches or directors are genuinely despicable human beings. The girls basketball coach may be the only exception.

Posted by: softball dad ()
Date: March 04, 2019 10:32AM

At least Madison is competitive. Oakton stinks. I have walked my dog by when Oakton is practing. My daughter is not playing again this year. Wont as long a Mcculla is coach. Varsity is a joke they only practice for 2 hours give or take. No weight room no weekends. And not if its too cold. JV only get's an hour. They are not important. The new jv coach has no idea what she is doing at her practice.Can't imagine anything could come out of this team. While there are a few good players they will probable either not return or go downhill due to lack of bad coaching/practice. I hear that the Madison coach only likes certain people and he is on his way out by his choice. Chantilly should be pretty decent this year large team and lots of travel girls.

Posted by: Blackjack Dad ()
Date: March 04, 2019 11:03AM

Oakton is Bullshit. Mcculla is a joke don't think one of his players has ever gone on to play collage. Would NEVER let my kid play there. He has no idea how to run a program.

Posted by: Skip ()
Date: March 04, 2019 11:10AM

I wish Oakton would wake up read this and fix it. Redo teams and put together 1 good team and go out and kick butt. they would have to fire coach and bring in someone good. Sad for girls who can play but won't because of him and girls that are that are losing skills

Posted by: Oakton Blows ()
Date: March 04, 2019 11:15AM

Oakton would suck if Vince Lombardi coached them.

Posted by: bob O ()
Date: March 05, 2019 06:59PM

@ Oakton Blows
u r probably correct. The team does suck...lol

Posted by: Bippity Bobbity Boo ()
Date: March 06, 2019 11:14AM

You may think the Madison coach is an a$$ but the results speak for themselves. And, they practice...hard...it isn't for snowflakes...effort is rewarded/whining isn't...then they win a lot, by a lot...or when it is close, they don't choke(e.g. O'Connell game last year)...one loss in the last two years. All the kids play the the youth leagues together (VGSL and travel, others)...as someone above said, that is where its made. Last years seniors are all playing in college, some starting for D1 schools (BC, Stanford, Purdue...) Coach will likely step down when his child graduates in the coming year or two.

Posted by: William ()
Date: April 06, 2019 09:40PM

So at least Madison practices. Oakton never does I know they had field issues but they cancel a lot. No weight room at ALL NO weekend. None over spring break for JV.Varsity has a tournament. They got killed by Centreville today. they hardly ever work with pitchers and catchers. At the Westfield oakon game. Girls did not know anything about drop 3rd.Heck they had girls that did not know how to get out of the way so runner could get home! They had one run called back. Could not run the bases. It was worse than a house game for T ball. Need a laugh.. go watch Oakton

Posted by: Throat.Slitter ()
Date: April 06, 2019 10:21PM

Dick Van Dyke Wrote:
> I’m sorry to hear that your daughter is a dyke.
> If you’re young enough to try again maybe
> you’ll have better luck the second time.

Not as sorry as I am to hear what an intolerant cunt you are. Nobody licks a gash like someone WITH a gash...go play with your coloring books.

Posted by: VWEED ()
Date: April 07, 2019 10:00AM

"So at least Madison practices. Oakton never does..."

Practice = Results

Madison hasn't been scored on yet this year, 57 runs to none in 5 games this year. Saturday they beat Bishop O'Connell 10-0 in 5 innings (10 run slaughter rule).

Posted by: Joe Dyke Biden ()
Date: April 07, 2019 03:03PM

When’s the next game? I love watching bull dykes swing around a pole then dry hump each other after running in a circle. Really rustles my jimmies!

Posted by: badgermushroom! ()
Date: April 07, 2019 03:16PM

Joe Dyke Biden Wrote:
> When’s the next game? I love watching bull dykes
> swing around a pole then dry hump each other after
> running in a circle. Really rustles my jimmies!

say hi to james fc for me!

Date: April 07, 2019 03:22PM

badgermushroom! Wrote:
> Joe Dyke Biden Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When’s the next game? I love watching bull
> dykes
> > swing around a pole then dry hump each other
> after
> > running in a circle. Really rustles my jimmies!
>
> say hi to james fc for me!

I definitely will! My bff Tim Kaine wants to come by and watch the rug munchers also. Do the boys play afterwards? He likes to watch them adjust their cups.

Posted by: ummmmm ()
Date: April 07, 2019 03:38PM

Joe Dyke Biden Wrote:
> badgermushroom! Wrote:
> -----
> > Joe Dyke Biden Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > When’s the next game? I love watching bull
> > dykes
> > > swing around a pole then dry hump each other
> > after
> > > running in a circle. Really rustles my
> jimmies!
> >
> > say hi to james fc for me!
>
> I definitely will! My bff Tim Kaine wants to come
> by and watch the rug munchers also. Do the boys
> play afterwards? He likes to watch them adjust
> their cups.

cups are for the weak. my jujitsu coach would line us all up to check before every roll. nothing wrong with a little jiggling among (consenting adult) pals! as for the rug muncher please keep it PG... FFS jamie

Date: April 07, 2019 07:32PM

ummmmm Wrote:
> Joe Dyke Biden Wrote:
> -----
> > badgermushroom! Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Joe Dyke Biden Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > When’s the next game? I love watching
> bull
> > > dykes
> > > > swing around a pole then dry hump each
> other
> > > after
> > > > running in a circle. Really rustles my
> > jimmies!
> > >
> > > say hi to james fc for me!
> >
> > I definitely will! My bff Tim Kaine wants to
> come
> > by and watch the rug munchers also. Do the boys
> > play afterwards? He likes to watch them adjust
> > their cups.
>
>
> cups are for the weak. my jujitsu coach would line
> us all up to check before every roll. nothing
> wrong with a little jiggling among (consenting
> adult) pals! as for the rug muncher please keep it
> PG... FFS jamie

I love burying my face in a sweaty woolly rug and sniffing!

Posted by: softball god ()
Date: May 02, 2019 04:39PM

Oakton is such a joke. JV has pitchers but coach only uses the one... NEVER SWITCHES guess she gets that from McKulla he never switches eiter. YOU would think when you are losing and people are hitting or you are walking switch pitchers. But what can you expect from a school that cancles umpires for SENIOR night so no game. What a great finish for a suckky school.

Posted by: sdsdf ()
Date: May 02, 2019 06:03PM

Rise ball Wrote:
> High schools are farm clubs for the major travel
> teams.

This is spot on. Good varsity HS softball teams have 100% travel softball players, and in many instances, most of the softball team plays on the same travel team. For the good HS teams, it is basically the job of the HS coach to not teach anything, but let them play. The travel teams are where the players develop. Also, I do not recall ever seeing a college coach scout a HS softball game. The college coaches go to high-end softball tournaments, usually in the summer, to scout and recruit players. At the tournaments, the college coaches are given a folder with the bios of the players and their contact information.

Posted by: softball god ()
Date: May 02, 2019 09:56PM

sdsdf-
You are correct the problem is most HS coaches are so bad that travel girls don't want to play. So put money in private places and HS teams stink.!! too bad HS don't see this and put some time into getting good coachs so they will have good teams.

Posted by: Retiredcoach ()
Date: May 03, 2019 08:09PM

As a retired HS softball coach speak from experience. Can only work within the constraints of the rules. Can’t practice year round like the travel teams. Can’t recruit like the travel teams. Can’t recruit like the private schools. Yes colleges seldom seen at high school games....why should they can go to a travel tournament and see 16 or more teams in one outing.
Am I complaining....absolutely not , loved every moment of my 30 years of coaching. Yes I often called travel coaches and gave them a heads up of potential players for their teams.

Posted by: Bypartisan ()
Date: May 04, 2019 07:13AM

Agree with retired coach. Public high school coaches are limited and what they can do. Some travel coaches don’t even let their players play HS ball. Times have changed.

Posted by: pitchin passion ()
Date: May 16, 2019 11:02AM

having coached for years. You should know that HS softball is not important to Fx. County. they don't provide fields or funding. They just feel that the money is not there. Which is sad cause it can be a great sport. Oakton does not have the booster support (they are there just all talk nothing ever gets done) They have a beautiful new field and can't field a team. While they are 4th in districts the coach does not really know what to do. There is no real school spirit in Oakton.
Chantilly has the players just could not come together to play as a team. They should get there. Madison is not what they were but still strong. But he only has a few years left and doubt they will stay as strong, not as many coaches are as dedicated to pull all the extra that he does. Plus he recruits long before high school he is on the travel fields. Westfields and Centreville are building. Well see maybe with it being in olympics in 2020 it will spark some interest.

Posted by: softball ()
Date: February 26, 2020 10:59PM

never play for Oakton..... I know their program and it's awful. no good players return. anyy player with the potential to commit left that program because of the coach.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.